Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #136
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,790

We haven't made any final decisions, but we both know that June is just looking less and less likely. But I have decided that in a way, this is better. I worry about Catie in the heat AND we want to try AoA. Of course, POR is the resort I want to stay at the most, I think AoA would be a better for our family right now. Catie is a fairly light sleeper, so she would need the dark, separate room for her naps and such. Overall, she sleeps in a pack n play better than Cortlyn did though.

I'll continue talking about my plans though- because it's better to have a dream than nothing at all, right?

Wednesday

EPCOT! We loved this park last trip. I was actually surprised at how much Cortlyn enjoyed the park. We stayed mostly in the front, but it was so much fun!

Cortlyn got to make Paper:


Open doors with her fantastic running/jumping skills:


Play games:


We had a BLAST walking around the World Showcase though!


And we had a YUMMY lunch at Le Chefs!


Of course, I'll be happy as long as it doesn't start raining again!


This year we are going to be eating at Akershus:

(Picture borrowed from Photobucket, Erg48

We have a late breakfast, so I'm hoping that we can fill up and skip lunch and have an early dinner. I'm interested to see if Cortlyn can make it without a nap some days. Catie will absolutely need one in June, so one of us could take Catie back and the other stay with Cortlyn in the park. However, I think we might get better results if both girls took some downtime. I'm willing to play this by ear and see how Cortlyn does. It would be a disaster, but we'll just have to see!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #137
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,790

Looking at my last trip, it is amazing how TINY Cortlyn was!! Especially since THIS was taken on Easter:


We went to see my friend in Nashville and I got these pictures of the girls as well!



And because I'm amazed at Miss Catie…


Cortlyn was NOT a climber, so I'm not sure how to handle her! Everytime I turn around she is trying to get on top of something!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #138
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,588

They are both getting so big... Holy cow!

I know about the dream....just keep writing and a trip will come.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #139
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer
 
TexasBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Texas
Posts: 445

Your Pretrip report is great, except for the little problem with if it's going to happen or not!

We've done that before as in just booked a package and then found out that it wasn't going to work out

and

Then I would call Disney and just move it to another date, sort of like cancelling it and rebooking to another date!!!

I love all the places that you have for dining reservations, I will put my 2 cents in on a few places... We love Whispering Canon, (even though it's not one of your final choices) but we are very loud and out going.. We love to joke with our waitstaff and drive them crazy which in turn they give it back!!!! The waitstaff is loud and they yell around the restaurant lots, so if your girls are the quite type, the waitstaff maybe to much for them.

We love Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary... It is so much fun and the interaction you get with Mickey, Minnie and the gang is fabulous!!!! We went in Sept 2008, with our best friends and they had a 6 year old son and that was his favorite!!!! The food is buffet and we did breakfast!!!!

We also did Akershus on the same trip and with just my DH and my daughter and we loved the princess. They come right up to the table. Also when you check in Mary Poppins was outside saying hello to everyone, and then right before we were seated we took a Photo picture with BELLE!!!!

That's the whole reason we went to Akershus was to see Belle

I love the dress that you got your sweet girl. That's so cute!!! She's adorable!!!!

I sure hope things work out for your hubby!!!
Sending lots of Pixie dust your way!!!


Good Luck
TexasBelle

__________________



July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
November 2009 - 1 Day, 4 Parks - DS#1 - 21 XH - 47, & Me - 46
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
PreTrip Report - Moving the Princess to Disneyworld - Disney College Program. .
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - Port Orleans - French Quarters
TexasBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #140
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
They are both getting so big... Holy cow!

I know about the dream....just keep writing and a trip will come.
Jen- You know I'm looking at your PTR as my inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBelle View Post
Your Pretrip report is great, except for the little problem with if it's going to happen or not!

We've done that before as in just booked a package and then found out that it wasn't going to work out

and

Then I would call Disney and just move it to another date, sort of like cancelling it and rebooking to another date!!!

I love all the places that you have for dining reservations, I will put my 2 cents in on a few places... We love Whispering Canon, (even though it's not one of your final choices) but we are very loud and out going.. We love to joke with our waitstaff and drive them crazy which in turn they give it back!!!! The waitstaff is loud and they yell around the restaurant lots, so if your girls are the quite type, the waitstaff maybe to much for them.

We love Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary... It is so much fun and the interaction you get with Mickey, Minnie and the gang is fabulous!!!! We went in Sept 2008, with our best friends and they had a 6 year old son and that was his favorite!!!! The food is buffet and we did breakfast!!!!

We also did Akershus on the same trip and with just my DH and my daughter and we loved the princess. They come right up to the table. Also when you check in Mary Poppins was outside saying hello to everyone, and then right before we were seated we took a Photo picture with BELLE!!!!

That's the whole reason we went to Akershus was to see Belle

I love the dress that you got your sweet girl. That's so cute!!! She's adorable!!!!

I sure hope things work out for your hubby!!!
Sending lots of Pixie dust your way!!!


Good Luck
TexasBelle

Awe! Thanks! Just gotta figure out the pesky little "when" part! Thanks for joining my PTR!

We'd like to try Whispering Canyon, I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it. We have friends that go every trip and they just rave about it! I hope that Mary Poppins is at Akershus, because she was the most memorial character for me on our last trip. Cortlyn LOVED that movie leading up to our trip and it was so magical- I cried like a big fat baby! Even if Cortlyn has moved past Mary Poppins being her favorite character, it will always be my favorite character meeting for her!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #141
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,313

that you will hear something soon.
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 6, DS 5
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 12/15 - POR
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #142
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,840

i thought i had commented here, but i guess i didn't. so sorry! your girls are dolls!
__________________
Chris Lauren James, 5 Maya, 9



May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #143
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
that you will hear something soon.
Us too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
i thought i had commented here, but i guess i didn't. so sorry! your girls are dolls!
Thank you so much! They are pretty cute! And you know how CRAZY the board has been lately. You might have, but they could have thrown it somewhere else!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #144
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,790

So our “next” day at Disney will be Magic Kingdom again! This day is EARLY EMHs and from what I have heard, those tend to be fairly empty. We are an early riser type family, so I’m pretty sure that getting out to the bus by 7:30 won’t be a problem.

I’m looking forward to exploring some other parts of the park rather than just Fantasyland. I really want to try a Dole Whip as well! I still can’t believe that I didn’t get one on our last trip! I wanted one soooo badly! Silly me not making it a priority! I mean, so what if it was one of the coldest Decembers in recent history!

As for rides that I want to focus on this trip, I want to go on the Jungle Cruise! I have never been on this ride, so it is on my “Must Do!” list. I also want to ride Space Mountain- even though, I know it will be a “ride swap” thing, or honestly- a single rider thing. Corey isn’t really into rollercoasters, so he may or may not even want to try it. I’ll let him take the girls to the Magic Carpets or some show in that area!

I have a weak spot for the Tiki Room! I MUST see the new show!

Now as for eating while at MK. I’m debating on making a Crystal Palace ressie. I wouldn’t need an early one, since we’ll be in the park anyway, so we may do a late breakfast/early lunch. None of us care much for Pooh, but I have heard the food is amazing. ( Now if we were going in November, then we will HAVE to do Be Our Guest! ) As for Quick Service that we’d like to eat- I know we all loved Casey’s, but I want to try the Pecos Bill’s! I’ve heard good things about Pecos with the burger bar!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #145
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,588

I like CP. We've had good dinners there.

You must do Jungle cruise...once in the day and once at night. I love the night cruises. In fact I can't remember when I rode it in the day time last. It's been awhile.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #146
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer
 
TexasBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Texas
Posts: 445

Maybe if you get to Magic Kingdom early enough, you can be the family of the day... That would be so cool!!! The park opening is really cute...

We love CP - But we also love Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and the gang! They are so cute and so friendly and they interact with the kids. Plus the food is perfect! Lots of things to eat.

Have you thought about going over to Tom Sawyer's Island and let the girls search for the paint brushes. We've never done this but I've seen really cute pictures of kids doing this and loving it. Now, As I'm typing this and asking my DH about it, he thinks that they may not have this anymore. But IDK It would be something to check out plus it looks like something fun for little ones.

I still have my fingers cross that everything is going to work out for you guys!!!
Sending lots of your way
TexasBelle
Carolyn
__________________



July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
November 2009 - 1 Day, 4 Parks - DS#1 - 21 XH - 47, & Me - 46
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
PreTrip Report - Moving the Princess to Disneyworld - Disney College Program. .
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - Port Orleans - French Quarters
TexasBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #147
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I like CP. We've had good dinners there.

You must do Jungle cruise...once in the day and once at night. I love the night cruises. In fact I can't remember when I rode it in the day time last. It's been awhile.
That's what I have heard! That the night cruise is really awesome. We will do it this time!! Come what may- I'm GETTING on that jungle cruise!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBelle View Post
Maybe if you get to Magic Kingdom early enough, you can be the family of the day... That would be so cool!!! The park opening is really cute...

We love CP - But we also love Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and the gang! They are so cute and so friendly and they interact with the kids. Plus the food is perfect! Lots of things to eat.

Have you thought about going over to Tom Sawyer's Island and let the girls search for the paint brushes. We've never done this but I've seen really cute pictures of kids doing this and loving it. Now, As I'm typing this and asking my DH about it, he thinks that they may not have this anymore. But IDK It would be something to check out plus it looks like something fun for little ones.

I still have my fingers cross that everything is going to work out for you guys!!!
Sending lots of your way
TexasBelle
Carolyn
YES! I forgot about Tom Sawyer Island. I'm not sure about the paintbrush finding, but we will go over there and explore for sure! Thanks for the Pixie Dust!!!!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #148
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,790

One year ago…



One year ago, my life changed as my family went from 3 to 4 and beautiful Catie entered the world!



She is the most amazing little one year old on the planet!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #150
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran
 
readytogotodisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,063

Happy first birthday Miss Catie!!!

Enjoy your big day, I'm sure Cortlyn will show you how it's done with style!

And congrats to Mom and Dad for surviving the first year with two LO's!
__________________
Me 34 , DH 34 , and DS 4 and DD 1 My Photobucket with Disney Name Fills
Trips: DW '82,'86,'87,'89 Off site, '91 CR, '92 WL, '94-'99 OKW, '02 OKW, '05 off site '06 BWI, '07 OKW, '09 BWV, '11 BLT,'12 BCV '13BLT/BWV
'13AKL/POFQ GFV '14 ASMusic '14, Pop/WLV '14 US/IOA and BWV/BLT '15
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.