Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Getaway through interval international, any opinions on best/closest to Disney?

Need some opinions on timeshares in Orlando area, I know there are 1000s
We can get a one bedroom at westgate lakes/towers/villas for about $400 (we're going in early november), is that the best for the price?
TIA
marshallandcartersmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

we own @ westgate lakes and resorts, it is a very short drive into Downtown Disney, Seaworld is right around the corner, Universal minutes down the road.Super Walmart seconds down the road. It is a great location and we always enjoy our stay here. WE always request lake view, 500 or 1200 section.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook1099 View Post
we own @ westgate lakes and resorts, it is a very short drive into Downtown Disney, Seaworld is right around the corner, Universal minutes down the road.Super Walmart seconds down the road. It is a great location and we always enjoy our stay here. WE always request lake view, 500 or 1200 section.
thanks so much!! Do you remember if 500 or 1200 section are refurbished? Everyone says to ask for a refurbished one. Close to a pool? Could you see the fireworks or is that too far away?

thanks!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Judyat
Mouseketeer

We were at Westgate Lakes last March. Had a great time and it is a great location. I think we were in Building 1900 towards the back. It was not refurbished but still great. We did see the refurbished buildings and while they are nice the ones not refurbished are also nice. We had a 2 bed/2bath. Building 1900 is also has a pool on each side just steps away. I don't think you can go wrong with Westgate lakes for that price.
Judyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Checking the ratings on Timeshare User Group, Westgate Lakes scores pretty middle of the pack with a 7.5. If you can score one, all of the Marriots score much higher as do the two Sheraton Vistana properties.

Most of the resorts cluster pretty closely around Disney. We own at both Vistana and Silver Lake (not on II) and the commute to the parks runs about 10 minutes.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Giving this thread a friendly bump....

since free dining doesn't appear to be being offered for my dates (darn Jersey Week), we're leaning back towards off-site

Read some recent horror stories about Westgate Lakes
Old 05-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #7
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

would go with a Marriott in Marriott's world center.

those Imperial Palms (3-bedrooms), Royal and Sabal Palms - both 2-bedrooms.

if those are not available then Grande Vista (it is closer to Seaworld than WDW)

never go with Westgate if you can avoid it.

Sheraton Vistana Resort is nice too.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
diznee princess
Never Enough Disney!

best resort RCI

I have stayed in or toured just about all resorts in Disney area.
Being an RCI member myself, I would not hesitiate to ever trade or purchase a getaway into any of these,
my top 5:

!.Wyndham Bonnet Creek; right on Disney property just down strret from DTD and you can request a room that has fireworks view ( usually face parking lot but higher up it doesnt matter) the older buildings though still nice and somerefurbshed recently face pools lake and have firework views if higher up. Building 5 & 6 are the newest.

2: Sheraton Vistana on 535 close to DTD all refurbished and beautiful, lots of activities and pool options or Sheraton Vistana Villages on I drive. Beautiful grounds, just off 535 or 407 10 min from disney

3: The Fountains villas a BlueGreen resort on I drive close to I4 seaworld, prime outlets and shopping, 535 and DTD 10-15 min drive to WDW. This place has been remodeled and have nice staff and pool areas, ask for building face Lake for great peceful views. onsite entertainment is nice for families. Close to all.

4: Hilton Grande vacations either property, The Idrive is newest right next to Prime outlets and eating/grocery walgreens all walking distance. 5 min to DTD and I4 on Vineland. 10 min to WDW. Seaworld location is close to all orlando parks and highways. Has great family activities & staff..ask for refurbished buildings

5: any Marriott, Grande Vista getting a little run down in the rooms offered to RCI exchange but still a nice place.

There are other places as well, but I look for these first. I would not recommend Legacy resorts, Westgate or other wyndham properties other than Bonnet Creek unless quality/staff doesnt matter to you.

Holiday Inn Orange lake is mixed. Hard to get newer refurbished units. They charge for EVERYTHING and its almost to huge to enjoy. It offers a lot but timeshare sales are pushy and relentless. Staff friendliness varies. Its a crap shoot. Some love others not so much.

Well thats my opinion, based on my personal experiences
Old 05-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

here is a link to all of Interval International in orlando, fl

http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?...eaName=Florida, Orlando

would add

Cypress Point/Grand villa - they have a new name - not sure what?

Grand Beach (these can be 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms)

the above plus the sheraton were only RCI - but a couple of years ago they became both RCI & II

like them because of how close they are to WDW

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Great posts!! Thank you both so much
Old 05-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #11
Detailor
DIS Veteran

So I was looking at II Getaways for the week that I assume you'd be going - week begining November 3rd - and saw the 1BR villas at the various Westgates for $399. While I know that every vacation dollar counts, I'd suggest that you consider spending $78 more and selecting Sheraton Vistana Resort. SVR is newly refurbished throughout and is really conveniently located for Disney and other Orlando-area attractions. Lots to do and many resort amenities at Vistana Resort and, in my opinion, well worth the extra dollars.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailor View Post
So I was looking at II Getaways for the week that I assume you'd be going - week begining November 3rd - and saw the 1BR villas at the various Westgates for $399. While I know that every vacation dollar counts, I'd suggest that you consider spending $78 more and selecting Sheraton Vistana Resort. SVR is newly refurbished throughout and is really conveniently located for Disney and other Orlando-area attractions. Lots to do and many resort amenities at Vistana Resort and, in my opinion, well worth the extra dollars.

Dick Taylor
Lol, your right. Those $399 ones are what I saw. Thank you!!!