Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 01:29 AM   #92
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
You just completely sold me on the avocado margarita....did you get that at the Ditch or the outside stand! Inquiring minds want to know

I was thinking of you last night when my beloved Jet's lost to Tampa Bay and all hopes of the playoffs for us were gone I knew you of anyone would understand my heartbreak! We had a great first season with them back...we were all so hopeful but maybe next year!
I keep missing your posts!

Got the Avocado Marg in the cave! I LOVE them. I want to get 12 the next trip but I really feel like I should try something new
Now I'm nervous you won't like it! Lol

I was SO bummed the Jets missed the playoffs. That crowd is AMAZING and I was really looking forward to seeing that in the playoffs!
But I feel your pain. The Avs have like, a 5% chance at the playoffs at this point. We have to win our last two AND 2 out of Dallas, Phoenix, LA, and San Jose have to lose most of their games. We're BASICALLY out but I still have a glimmer of hope! I'm trying to remind myself that I'm just happy we're close to the playoffs compared to last year (2nd to last in the league )! And you can be happy there's a team compared to last year

Jets are definitely on the ups though. So young and promising. Next year it's almost a given they'll make it (in my opinion). Gotta improve that road record and BAM. Playoffs. I love the playoffs so much even if the Avs don't make it, though. My favorite time of year. So intense

I really want to move to Canada You guys get me!
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #93
BDL
DIS Veteran

First off, Sam, you gotta quit posting those yummy drinks. They are making me salivate. Gonna have to set aside 2 days in out Dec trip. 1 day to check out all the decorations at the other resorts. And 1 day to sample the ample libations they have down there.

Quote:
I was thinking of you last night when my beloved Jet's lost to Tampa Bay and all hopes of the playoffs for us were gone I knew you of anyone would understand my heartbreak! We had a great first season with them back...we were all so hopeful but maybe next year!
Secondly, sorry for your loss QoaT. But look at it this way, the team had a much better season as a Jet than a Thrasher. And I hate to rub salt in the wound, but how about my B's clinching the NE Division yesterday? And with the Rangers and Pens still fighting for the #1 in their didvision, hopefully, they'll run themselves into the ground.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #94
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
Here ya go! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/1...ado-margarita/

Make sure you blend it REALLY well. The smoothness is the best part and if there's tiny chunks of ice it really takes away from it.
Thanks!

Quote:
And he got a job today! as a server at Red Robin...
Lol. At least we'll have some income in the mean time. We've been so optimistic that he hasn't even had a retail thing on the side. We sucked it up and got him one for the mean time! All his money is going to my Disney fund muahahah
Oh well, at least it's some money coming in. Poor guy, funding your Disney obsession.

Quote:
Guys, I should totally learn to multi-quote...
I know how on other message boards!
Down at the bottom-right of each person's post is a Quote button and a button with "+. Click the "+ on each of the posts you want to comment on, and then on the last one, click the "+ and then the Quote button. You'll have them all in your reply.

Quote:
Here's me eating corn real fast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=T5yT7wVM86k

Enjoy!
Holy moly! It looks like you couldn't even spin the cob fast enough to keep up. Impressive!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #95
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
First off, Sam, you gotta quit posting those yummy drinks. They are making me salivate. Gonna have to set aside 2 days in out Dec trip. 1 day to check out all the decorations at the other resorts. And 1 day to sample the ample libations they have down there.

Secondly, sorry for your loss QoaT. But look at it this way, the team had a much better season as a Jet than a Thrasher. And I hate to rub salt in the wound, but how about my B's clinching the NE Division yesterday? And with the Rangers and Pens still fighting for the #1 in their didvision, hopefully, they'll run themselves into the ground.
I was getting a little worried about the Bruins there for a bit. Haha.
Did you watch that Pens/Flyers game yesterday CRAZY ending. I'm no stranger to coaching fights, but I guess I don't get why Laviolette was so pissed? Vitale's hit was clean and why would your top players be out with less than 2 minutes left in a 6-3 game? Don't want them to get hurt? Don't play them...
Still fun to watch. I hope they play the first round. That would be AWESOME.

And another thing Jets can be happy about is that they didn't keep those God awful Thrashers jerseys. Half the reason I never took that team seriously was the jerseys. Awful.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #96
Sam33
DIS Veteran

So I've been attempting to slowly buy up all the animated Disney classics on DVD since VHS players are kind of gone. I love watching my Disney movies when DH is not home and I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't share these movies with my kids.
Today I bought Sleeping Beauty (confession....I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS MOVIE ); Tarzan; Robin Hood; Aristocats; Brave Little Toaster (I know this one isn't technically one of the Disney Classics but I love it and it was $3 on Amazon); and DUCKTALES: TREASURE OF THE LOST LAMP!!!! Best movie ever.
They were all pretty cheap on amazon except Duck Tales and Robin Hood They were so expensive. I guess the less popular ones are more expensive because less people bought them and therefore less people are re-selling them.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #97
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Thanks!

Oh well, at least it's some money coming in. Poor guy, funding your Disney obsession.

Down at the bottom-right of each person's post is a Quote button and a button with "+. Click the "+ on each of the posts you want to comment on, and then on the last one, click the "+ and then the Quote button. You'll have them all in your reply.

Holy moly! It looks like you couldn't even spin the cob fast enough to keep up. Impressive!
Thanks!
Also, he may be helping with my Disney obsession...but I take care of the rent
I offered to pay for him to go with us. But he said he'd rather save up for heli-skiing in Alaska My obsession is expensive but his is deadly! (we just had a friends' brother die back country skiing two days ago...I'm close to hiding his snowboards!)

And the corn video is a tad annoying because usually I'm faster but I forgot to swallow the kernels I had bit off so I had to stop and chew I still beat him, though! It's the Iowa in me, I guess!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #98
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I keep missing your posts!

Got the Avocado Marg in the cave! I LOVE them. I want to get 12 the next trip but I really feel like I should try something new
Now I'm nervous you won't like it! Lol

No worries on that...I'm sure I will love it!

I was SO bummed the Jets missed the playoffs. That crowd is AMAZING and I was really looking forward to seeing that in the playoffs!
But I feel your pain. The Avs have like, a 5% chance at the playoffs at this point. We have to win our last two AND 2 out of Dallas, Phoenix, LA, and San Jose have to lose most of their games. We're BASICALLY out but I still have a glimmer of hope! I'm trying to remind myself that I'm just happy we're close to the playoffs compared to last year (2nd to last in the league )! And you can be happy there's a team compared to last year
Awww thanks You are so right...the crowd is amazing and when the Jets were originally here, the playoffs were AWESOME! I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys!
Jets are definitely on the ups though. So young and promising. Next year it's almost a given they'll make it (in my opinion). Gotta improve that road record and BAM. Playoffs. I love the playoffs so much even if the Avs don't make it, though. My favorite time of year. So intense

I really want to move to Canada You guys get me!
I think you're right! The whole city is behind them and they now know what it's like to play in front of a sold out arena for every home game....they are a great bunch of guys that's for sure!

I told Jasmine that I'm not sure I can watch the playoffs without my Jets in them and she gave me the look...the rolly eye look! Like you would miss the playoffs mother....I believe that was her exact words!

I do get you, so anytime you want to talk hockey girl, I'm here
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #99
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think you're right! The whole city is behind them and they now know what it's like to play in front of a sold out arena for every home game....they are a great bunch of guys that's for sure!

I told Jasmine that I'm not sure I can watch the playoffs without my Jets in them and she gave me the look...the rolly eye look! Like you would miss the playoffs mother....I believe that was her exact words!

I do get you, so anytime you want to talk hockey girl, I'm here
YAY! Are you jumping on a playoffs bandwagon? Or just watching in general?
I want to see the Blues and Rangers! Wouldn't mind seeing anyone win other than Detroit or New Jersey, though! Excited for the playoffs! So many exclamation points, there...Haha
Old 04-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #100
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I've been attempting to slowly buy up all the animated Disney classics on DVD since VHS players are kind of gone. I love watching my Disney movies when DH is not home and I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't share these movies with my kids.
They were all pretty cheap on amazon except Duck Tales and Robin Hood They were so expensive. I guess the less popular ones are more expensive because less people bought them and therefore less people are re-selling them.
Robin Hood is 1 of my favorite Disney Classic movies. I especially like how Baloo is 1 of the first multi-used Disney characters that weren't Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc...

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #101
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Robin Hood is 1 of my favorite Disney Classic movies. I especially like how Baloo is 1 of the first multi-used Disney characters that weren't Mickey, Donald, Goofy, etc...
I LOVE Robin Hood. I've been putting off buying it because of how expensive it is. But it's my favorite and I can only watch the crappy You Tube version so many times.
The used one was $30 on Amazon! While most of the other movies are between $8-$10 used. I went ahead and bought it, though. Baloo is such a great character. I love the music in it as well. Unfortunately, Disney didn't produce the soundtrack for purchase. I can't find the songs ANYWHERE on I-Tunes. I got some people covering them but it's not the same.

I want to save up to get the Donald Duck episodes. I have all the color Mickey Mouse episodes but the same set but Donald Duck instead of Mickey is triple the price BUMMED.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #102
Sam33
DIS Veteran

This has nothing to do with Disney World

Sooo after my poor Avs were eliminated from the playoff race by losing to the worst team in the National Hockey League...

me

IT'S TIME FOR GETTING PUMPED FOR THE PLAYOFFS!
The good thing about not having the Avs in it means there's NO stress. The bad thing is it's a lot less fun.
But it's still the best playoffs in all of pro-sports (don't bother arguing it with me, I'm stubborn)

The following are my favorite playoff pump-up videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSd8CqBEbcY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYwA9...feature=relmfu

Classiest moment in NHL history right here (you'll like this one BDL )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-JOZ...eature=related

And my favorite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfadHi-qyw

They're all fairly short, but if you're going to skip all but one, make sure you watch the last one. It's the best
Old 04-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #103
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

We play our last home game tonight AND it's being televised on Hockey Night in Canada....guess what I'm doing tonight There supposed to be having a salute to the fans which I can't wait to see!

I have to tell you a funny story about Byfuglien! One of my staff was at a club the other night there and when they left Dustin and Stapleton were standing outside. His buddy says to Byf "Hey buddy, you need to get on a bike" to which Byf replied "an explitive" I make more money in a year than you'll make in a lifetime, to which the guy replied "you're right, you can afford a really nice bike". God we cracked up, even Byf replied with "hey, good one man". So funny!

Here's hoping for a win for us tonight!!!

How's the planning going??
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #104
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We play our last home game tonight AND it's being televised on Hockey Night in Canada....guess what I'm doing tonight There supposed to be having a salute to the fans which I can't wait to see!

I have to tell you a funny story about Byfuglien! One of my staff was at a club the other night there and when they left Dustin and Stapleton were standing outside. His buddy says to Byf "Hey buddy, you need to get on a bike" to which Byf replied "an explitive" I make more money in a year than you'll make in a lifetime, to which the guy replied "you're right, you can afford a really nice bike". God we cracked up, even Byf replied with "hey, good one man". So funny!

Here's hoping for a win for us tonight!!!

How's the planning going??
Oh my gosh! Byfuglien is so dang fat. Oh well, it works out I guess haha!

Avs play their last game tonight, too. I usually try to go to those games because they do all sorts of fan appreciation stuff ($1 hotdogs! OMG! And jersey give aways and such) but I have to work all night Our captain, Hejduk is thinking about retiring as well. He's played all 14 seasons with the Avs and won the Richard in the 90's and I'll probably be missing his last game ever I guess it's for the better, though. We went to the last game of the year last year and it was Adam Foote's last game (last Nordique in the NHL) and I may have drunken a tad too much and I just started BAWLING. Just weeping uncontrollably in public. It was so embarrassing. I think I'm better off watching those games from home

Are you jumping on any playoff bandwagons? I'm assuming Canucks and Ottawa so the cup comes home to Canada (although, I kind of love the little "jinx" where the Canadiens' mis-treating Patrick Roy is the reason Canada can't win a cup ). My best friend is a Canucks fan so it would be nice if they could win. But they're also division rivals and I get a lot of crap for liking them.

I'm jumping on with the Blues. They have some ex-avs on their team and I was born in St. Louis. And they weren't even supposed to make the playoffs this year and they may win the President's Trophy. Very cool.

To be honest, I don't mind if anyone wins other than the Redwings, Devils, or Bruins (Sorry BDL! I like the Bruins, but I hate back to back Stanley Cups unless it's my team!)
Gonna be an awesome two months

edit: oh yeah! Planning...Kind of stalled right now until my mom knows what school she'll be at this year. They were supposed to tell her before Spring Break but haven't yet. Since we're planning around her conferences, changing schools would change everything so we have to wait to book. Then we'll be fairly close to our 180 mark and that's what's next! Then I can make my hour by hour plans that will be followed for MAYBE the first couple of hours of the first day lol!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #105
MARCIAKAZ
Proud to be called Disney Geek by my kids!

Jumping onboard to your PTR

Hi there! Been reading your PTR and loving it. I'm here to add my two cents about a couple of things

First, a bit about my first trip experience--the first time I went I was 40. My three kids were aged 9-16 at the time. I was always one of those "practical vacation" people--trips to see relatives, or to see educational or new experience places like the ocean or historical sites or museums. When my oldest daughter turned 16, my husband and I got to thinking that we didn't have much more time for all of us to go on vacations together and decided that Disneyworld was one of those places that you kind of "have to" go to once in your life. I had never before been interested because I just assumed it was out-of-reach expensive, and probably not at all worth it. I sucked it up, resigned myself to spending the money, and we went. Then the strangest thing happened--my husband and I loved the place more than the kids did. Sure, they had fun...but we LOVED it. We've been back twice with our youngest daughter, and can't wait to go again. My oldest daughter is going for her honeymoon in September, and my husband and I are hoping to go for a just-the-two-of-us trip at the beginning of F&W. We are even planning a 2014 family reunion there!

I know you said Glenda doesn't like buffets, and doesn't like to pay for breakfast food...but that she loves all things Pooh and hates crowds. So...I am suggesting that you at least think about an ADR at Crystal Palace in MK. It is a character meal with the whole Pooh crew! Yes, it is a buffet, and they also do lunch and dinner, but there is a really special perk if you go with a breakfast ADR: you can walk down Main Street USA BEFORE the park opens and the hoardes have entered. It is an amazing feeling having that view to the castle almost to yourselves...and a great photo opportunity. We did this on our last trip because we brought my daughter's friend who also loved Pooh and had never been to WDW. It was a big hit with her, and it was awesome for us to see Main Street practically empty!

Fingers crossed...

MARCIAKAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: