Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #76
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Could be worse, you could be a Caps fan..... The last few days have been painful for us to say the least.

Great news that your mom is helping out with the trip, that should take some weight off your shoulders!

And, regarding your park "must do" list? I'm so glad to find someone else out there who doesn't feel that TSM is worth all the hype. It's a fun ride, certainly, and the queue is amazing (if you're going to be stuck in a queue, rather) but we don't feel like we miss anything if the line is too long.

That being said, if we miss ToT (especially at night) both my DH and I dissolve into hysterics.
CAPS FAN?! We're lovin Varlamov down here But I gotta say, I'm kind of enjoying the Caps failure lately. I don't have anything against them, but after the trade earlier SO many Caps fans were giving us crap saying that they were going to get the first overall pick (you have our first rounder) AND win the cup in the same year. And basically dissing our team. So I kind of like the fact that we could potentially finish higher in the standings.

You seem nice, though. So I'm sorry! It's ALWAYS worse missing the playoffs when you're expected to contend. The Avs will most likely miss the playoffs but I'm okay with that because we were supposed to be getting a lottery pick! At least Ovechkin has finally been starting to play better. It's just plain bad for the league when the superstars aren't performing. Hopefully he has a bounceback season next year! AND the Caps. They need a cup!

Edit: So I got distracted with hockey and totally didn't respond to anything else That happens with me sometimes
So I followed your link to your anniversary trip report and could NOT figure out why it was so familiar when I'd definitely never read it before when I realized I had read your dining reviews!
Great way to honor your dad. Hopefully I can create some great Disney memories with my mom. Never too late for that!

And yeah, I really don't get the Toy Story Mania mania. I'd rather just ride TOT over and over again! Can't wait to see my mom's reaction to that ride. She's such a wimp in everyway! I'm so glad she decided to brave any ride that didn't go upside down! Haha

Last edited by Sam33; 03-28-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #77
Sam33
DIS Veteran

So I have to help with inventory tonight at my job and will probably be there until 2AM...
So to make myself feel better, I've been watching Disney movies! Sword in the Stone and now Lady and the Tramp (never gets old. I could watch this on repeat and still love it!)

Anyways, it got me to thinking, there is NO way I can miss Tony's for lunch. NO WAY. I was thinking about trying something new and skipping Tony's...
Nope. Can't do it. I don't know what it is about that place's mediocre marinara and no alcohol that makes me love it so much! It's just THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH.

Which reminds me of the AWFUL experience I had there on our honeymoon. I had to use the restroom so I went after I ordered. Well, women take for freaking ever to do their business. There were 3 people ahead of me in line and it probably took 20+ minutes to finish! By the time I got back to the table, my food had arrived and was cold and some of the wait staff presented us with a card for our celebration and I missed it all! I was so sad.

I'm determined to make up for it. And get some spaghetti (my fourth favorite food after cheeseburgers, lobster, and crab cheese wontons).

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #79
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
We would completely agree with you about Tony's .... there is just something about it that we love too! I'll keep in mind not to visit the ladies room there tho

Seriously! I'll take care of that BEFORE dinner from now on!
Sorry it took so long to respond, I kept checking the thread and it was the last post was by me so I assumed no one responded and I came to post a little update and saw your post!

Anyways, last night we continued with our Disney movie nights! We started talking about finally booking but my mom's school is taking forever to decide her fate and she wan'ts to wait to book until she knows where she'll be teaching. So no booking yet

We watched Monsters Inc. and Beauty and the Beast and my dad made us pomegranate martinis! Apparently, even though Beauty and the Beast was my favorite movie for a phase of my youth, my dad had never seen Beauty and the Beast. He decided he liked Monsters Inc. better. Lol. We're trying to save our favorites and the classics for closer to the trip, but my mom keeps whining about not getting to watch The Little Mermaid. So maybe I'll have to bump that one up the queue!
We then found out that my dad loves Disney World He went for one day during college spring break on the way to the beach and loved it. I thought of inviting him along but my mom said no He gets an Alaskan fishing trip so he doesn't get any more fun!
Old 04-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #80
Sam33
DIS Veteran

The Cocktail Post

Because let's be honest...that's what this trip is about.
I made a list of cocktails we have to try. Kind of like the ride list. These are our must-ride cocktails

1. Lapu Lapu

2. Yak Attak

*side note* Google Image searching for these drinks is hilarious...getting pictures of actual Yak attacks!

3. Avocado Margarita (mmmm)

4. Grey Goose Slushie! Excited to try this one. I had the Grand Marnier one last time.

5. Mango Blueberry Basil margarita

Also considering adding the Welsh Dragon to the list. I've heard good things

Next up to plan: how I'm going to handle all of these drinks and sugar! I've definitely started to notice that I'm not in college anymore (imagine how my mother must feel!). I usually just drink beer because it's the best thing ever and the sugar of cocktails makes me feel sick. But we're on vacation! I'M DRINKING THE FANCY EXPENSIVE DRINKS THAT I NEVER GET! I'm not planning on being belligerent or anything...but I usually get sick before I even feel a slight buzz so hopefully I can overcome that!

Maybe I just need practice?
Old 04-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #81
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I've heard good things about the avocado margarita....have you tried it before?

Sorry if you've mentioned this before and I missed it, but did your husband get the job he was interviewing for?
glennbo123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #82
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I've heard good things about the avocado margarita....have you tried it before?

Sorry if you've mentioned this before and I missed it, but did your husband get the job he was interviewing for?
I LOVE the avocado margarita. It's fabulous. We found the recipe on line and make it at home regularly! ALMOST as good. Very delicious. It's not super avocado-y, the flavors come from the melon liquore and the agave moreso than the avocado. But the Avocado makes it so creamy and smooth!

He didn't get the job We found out that they had flown someone in from out of state and that there were interns applying as well. After that our hopes went way down and he didn't end up getting it. But apparently they liked him a lot and they're keeping his resume on file and will contact him for future openings.
We had so much luck with that one (contacts and such) and we're starting to get a lot less optimistic of him EVER getting a job.

We're in high spirits, though! Just have to be thankful for my jobs and having very helpful parents!

edit: forgot to mention that the same company has a paid internship available in April. He's applied for that one already so mid to late April we'll find out if he got that. He loves the company so hopefully he gets the internship (seeing as how he came close to getting a real job there, we have high hopes for the internship!).
Old 04-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #83
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Saw you joined my PTR, so thought I'd check out yours! Sounds so fun to be going with your mom! I would love to do that with mine. For your CD, if you are still wanting to make one, you should definitely put "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast on there. Its my favorite and its BASICALLY inviting you to Disney!! Also, I like your idea of Epcot on arrival night! We wanted to upgrade to POR for our trip in May, but decided to save a few bucks and stay at Pop. I hope you do a TR for it so I can see how you like POR!!!

Also, as you seem to have a love of alcohol like I do, please please please tell me you have been to The Rio in Downtown Denver or Boulder for their Margaritas?!?!?! We have family that live in the Denver area and going to the Rio has become a Must Do every single time we are there. They are amazing, best margaritas ever ever ever...I want one now!!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #84
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

You just completely sold me on the avocado margarita....did you get that at the Ditch or the outside stand! Inquiring minds want to know

I was thinking of you last night when my beloved Jet's lost to Tampa Bay and all hopes of the playoffs for us were gone I knew you of anyone would understand my heartbreak! We had a great first season with them back...we were all so hopeful but maybe next year!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #85
OrangeJuice
Mouseketeer

The Yak attack looks delicious. Is that at Yak and Yeti? and that avocado margarita looks really smooth and tasty. I'm also looking forward to the grey goose slushy!

OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #86
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
I LOVE the avocado margarita. It's fabulous. We found the recipe on line and make it at home regularly! ALMOST as good. Very delicious. It's not super avocado-y, the flavors come from the melon liquore and the agave moreso than the avocado. But the Avocado makes it so creamy and smooth!
Oooo, sounds good. Would you mind posting a link to the recipe you found? I'd like to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
He didn't get the job We found out that they had flown someone in from out of state and that there were interns applying as well. After that our hopes went way down and he didn't end up getting it. But apparently they liked him a lot and they're keeping his resume on file and will contact him for future openings.
We had so much luck with that one (contacts and such) and we're starting to get a lot less optimistic of him EVER getting a job.

We're in high spirits, though! Just have to be thankful for my jobs and having very helpful parents!

edit: forgot to mention that the same company has a paid internship available in April. He's applied for that one already so mid to late April we'll find out if he got that. He loves the company so hopefully he gets the internship (seeing as how he came close to getting a real job there, we have high hopes for the internship!).
Aw, sorry about that. It's such a difficult job market right now. I'm glad that you're in good spirits though. Hang in there! We'll root for the internship coming through.
glennbo123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #87
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasdisneygal View Post
Saw you joined my PTR, so thought I'd check out yours! Sounds so fun to be going with your mom! I would love to do that with mine. For your CD, if you are still wanting to make one, you should definitely put "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast on there. Its my favorite and its BASICALLY inviting you to Disney!! Also, I like your idea of Epcot on arrival night! We wanted to upgrade to POR for our trip in May, but decided to save a few bucks and stay at Pop. I hope you do a TR for it so I can see how you like POR!!!

Also, as you seem to have a love of alcohol like I do, please please please tell me you have been to The Rio in Downtown Denver or Boulder for their Margaritas?!?!?! We have family that live in the Denver area and going to the Rio has become a Must Do every single time we are there. They are amazing, best margaritas ever ever ever...I want one now!!
THE RIO!!!! Heck yes I have been there. Best traditional margarita there is! My husband and his dad have been tirelessly working on replicating it. We've gotten pretty close! The secret is tree-top apple juice, and a special type of lime juice called Duffy's. And some other crap (I don't pay attention I just taste it!) So awesome you brought up the Rio.

I wanted to save money by staying at Pop or All-star but my mom was like "I'm doing this once so I'm doing it right" whereas I want to go all the time and spend little time at the room anyways! POR seems like such good bang for your buck. It looks SO nice but it's moderate price. I'm excited. I'll take lots of pictures!

AND BEST IDEA EVER for "Be Our Guest". Thanks for that recommendation. That seems PERFECT for what I'm going for for that CD! Did not think to add it for whatever reason. YAY
Old 04-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #88
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
The Yak attack looks delicious. Is that at Yak and Yeti? and that avocado margarita looks really smooth and tasty. I'm also looking forward to the grey goose slushy!
The Yak Attak is at the Dawa Bar in AK and at the Yak and Yeti restaurant. I THINK. I looked on the internet and that's what I seemed to have found. If it's ONLY at the sit-down place I'm going to be so sad. We're not big Asian food people so we wouldn't be making a reservation there just for the cocktail (or would we? )

Let me know how you like the avocado one. I've been told it's not for everyone but I think it's the best thing there ever is
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #89
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oooo, sounds good. Would you mind posting a link to the recipe you found? I'd like to try it.

Aw, sorry about that. It's such a difficult job market right now. I'm glad that you're in good spirits though. Hang in there! We'll root for the internship coming through.
Here ya go! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/1...ado-margarita/

Make sure you blend it REALLY well. The smoothness is the best part and if there's tiny chunks of ice it really takes away from it.

And he got a job today! as a server at Red Robin...
Lol. At least we'll have some income in the mean time. We've been so optimistic that he hasn't even had a retail thing on the side. We sucked it up and got him one for the mean time! All his money is going to my Disney fund muahahah
Old 04-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #90
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Guys, I should totally learn to multi-quote...
I know how on other message boards!

Off to go learn that... brb

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: