Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #31
stasijane
Crazed one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
We just decided we weren't going to upgrade hotels to the Boardwalk like we talked about earlier because we want to use the $700 we'd save on alcoholic beverages! We're basically planning the days around where the fanciest drinks are
Sounds like the best plan to me. Heck I stay at value or off property so I can spend what ever I want.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #32
Sam33
DIS Veteran

I'm bored right now so I thought I'd post some pictures from old trips! It's that awkward time when I finish doing something and I don't have enough time to start something new before my next plan but there's enough time to be bored for a while.
Hockey game starts in 30 minutes and there's nothing to pass the time! So here I am.

I'll start with the best drink on Disney property. The avocado margarita! The first thing I do when I get to Epcot (if our first Epcot experience is NOT at open) is going to La Cava to indulge in one of these babies!

And I wrote in my planning notes to come here "hungry". Because the queso! THE QUESO! Now, I hate queso. I go to Qdoba and get nachos without their famous queso. But this came with an already prepared plate of chips and guac and boy am I glad it did. SO GOOD

One of my favorite pictures of us on our Honeymoon! The rest of the couple-y pictures were taken later in the day after lots of sweat and rain. This is the only one we look good in!

This one makes me laugh. And it's unflattering but I'll post it anyways.
My face looks like that because that is one full cup of coffee. I need my coffee!

I just like this picture

I could only find 2 pictures from the first trip I was there

I went through a Bolt phase! Lol

Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #33
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Hiya Sam! I'll join in!

I think it's great that you're going to show your mom around Disney. She is going to have an AMAZING time, even if she doesn't realize it yet. Actually, that will make it all the better....just you wait and see.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #34
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Hiya Sam! I'll join in!

I think it's great that you're going to show your mom around Disney. She is going to have an AMAZING time, even if she doesn't realize it yet. Actually, that will make it all the better....just you wait and see.
Welcome!

Luckily, if she doesn't have a good time I can just alter her reality via lapu lapus!

Muahaha
Old 02-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #35
Sam33
DIS Veteran

MY TEAM WON! THEY NEVER WIN! AHHH

life update? iguess
Old 02-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #37
stasijane
Crazed one

Quote:
Welcome!

Luckily, if she doesn't have a good time I can just alter her reality via lapu lapus!

Muahaha
O man I have been waiting soooo long for one of those.. Just 18 more days
Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #38
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
O man I have been waiting soooo long for one of those.. Just 18 more days
I've never had one! I discovered them here AFTER our honeymoon and I want one SO BAD. They look so unbelievably delicious and fun!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #39
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Arrival day

So I'm trying to plan our arrival day and I can't pick between 3 different scenarios. The flights we're looking at will have us in our rooms and ready to party between 2 and 3PM so there's a good chunk of that day left to do things!

My original plan was Cali Grill and then Wishes. But I hear they're going to shut er down and refurbish the Cali Grill so I changed the plan to one of the GF signature restaurants (leaning towards Citricos) and then wishes from the beach. Well, I ran this by my mom and she didn't like it for 2 reasons.
1) She thought we'd be too excited when we got there to have a relaxing quiet evening and that we'd want to go straight to a park

2) She doesn't want to have an ADR to worry about if traveling goes wrong or something

and I also heard that if you've never seen Wishes you should see it from inside the park before the various other places to see it. So we're moving the signature (or other monorail restaurant if we don't want to pay for signature) dinner and beach wishes for our last night when we'll be tired. (all my mom's idea! If she knew how to use the internet she could be a Diser!)

So if we end up there for 5 whole days like I'm planning, the last day will be whatever park we feel like we didn't get enough of, followed by the dinner plan!

So what about arrival day?

Scenario 1. Downtown Disney!

The POR has a boat so it might be fun to just hop on the boat and shop! If we do this we'll get a CS meal either at Earl of Sandwich or WPE.

PROS: Ease her into Disney a bit (also kind of a con) instead of throwing her into the glitter and magic and castles! Might be overwhelming

CONS: I don't like DTD because whenever I'm there I think about how I could be in a park.
If we went to DTD on the first night we wouldn't go again the rest of the trip and we'd be more thrifty with our souvenir money whereas later in the trip we'll be less apprehensive to spend.
It might be extra busy on a Friday night? I don't know about that one

Scenario 2. Straight to MK!

Dive into the Disney magic headfirst! Take our time and soak everything in (we'll be doing ropedrop the next day so we won't need to worry about doing rides and such) and see the parade and wishes!

The pros of this one are obvious so I'll skip to cons

CONS: Might be busy on a Friday night over a 3 day weekend. I don't want her to be overwhelmed by the crowds on her first experience with Disney. Rope Drop at MK is a much better way to dive into Magic Kingdom the most magical way possible!
We may be too tired after waking up at 5:30am for a flight. If we go to DTD we can leave after dinner and go to sleep early. Don't want to start the trip out tired!

Scenario 3. EPCOT!

It's large so you notice the crowds less and there's plenty to do there that doesn't involve waiting in line for a ride. We can go and enjoy the Food & Wine booths before the weekend hits since it ends on the 11th.
CONS: ? I can't think of any!

I asked my SIL what we should do and she went with DTD. But she also loves DTD and I can do without it.
What do I do

Last edited by Sam33; 02-21-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #40
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

I would go with Epcot. DBF & I live 8 hours away and somehow managed to get to disney ~6.5 hours last time. We arrived around 12:30, dropped our bags off & headed straight to Epcot. We were able to hit all the big rides & then hop to DHS to hit all the big rides there & eat dinner! I was kind of surprised at how much we were able to get done in less than 1 day

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #41
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetmeinmontauk View Post
I would go with Epcot. DBF & I live 8 hours away and somehow managed to get to disney ~6.5 hours last time. We arrived around 12:30, dropped our bags off & headed straight to Epcot. We were able to hit all the big rides & then hop to DHS to hit all the big rides there & eat dinner! I was kind of surprised at how much we were able to get done in less than 1 day
On our honeymoon we went straight to Epcot for an 8PM ADR. We got to Epcot at 6 and were able to ride Soarin (only 20 minute wait on Labor Day!), the Mexico boat ride, got margaritas and chips and guac, rode Nemo and looked around at the Aquarium. All in 2 hours before our dinner! Our goal for the time before dinner was to get a margarita lol
Old 02-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #42
Sam33
DIS Veteran

This is sort of relevant so I thought I'd share it:

Last night I had a dream that my entire extended family decided to join us on our mother/daughter trip

At first I was just thinking about how hard it would be to plan for 15 people but then I started to get nervous because the title of my PTR is now inaccurate!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #43
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Hey girl! I just wanted you to know I am here to follow along! Now I have to go back and read
Welcome!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #44
stasijane
Crazed one

Quote:
This is sort of relevant so I thought I'd share it:

Last night I had a dream that my entire extended family decided to join us on our mother/daughter trip

At first I was just thinking about how hard it would be to plan for 15 people but then I started to get nervous because the title of my PTR is now inaccurate!
How funny. Although that is not a dream. Planning a trip for 15 is a NIGHTMARE
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #45
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
How funny. Although that is not a dream. Planning a trip for 15 is a NIGHTMARE
TRUE DAT! That sounds awful.

We almost had my cousin and aunt join us, though. They're Disney vets (and 90% of the reason that i wanted to go to WDW so much as a kid. My cousin's other grandma took her every year!) That would have been fun. But we didn't follow up on that. Kinda just wanted to go just us two

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: