Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #136
BDL
DIS Veteran
 
BDL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Watertown, Massachusetts
Posts: 2,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
Thanks so much for letting me know you're reading!
I'm at that awful stage where there's nothing to do planning-wise but I'm SO far away from the trip. I can't think of how to keep this a float until stuff starts to happen!


I have already figured out my plans for everyday. Down to the hour. But I decided I'd wait until closer to the trip to post them since I have six months, still. I've already changed them 3 times.
Don't worry. With that much time, you'll reconsider your ADR's, change them. And since you've changed your ADR's, you'll have to adjust your park schedule to accomodate the new dining arrangements. THEN... a month after that, you'll realize you were better off before and change everything back.

Lather... Rinse... Repeat.
__________________
Home for Christmas. POR December 10-17th PTR



BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #137
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,654

Hi, I'm joining in! Read your whole PTR this morning, and realized we're going at the same time! (I'll be there from 11/9-11/17! ) I can't wait to start a PTR, but I just started a TR for my recent trip earlier this month, so I want to wait a few months and finish that up first!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #138
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran
 
WDisneyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 673

Hola! Followed you over from Queen's PTR and I have to let you know I'm loving your report!! So fun! I live in Denver as well, for 9 more days anyway! Then it's back to my hometown of Chicago. We have been here for almost 5 years and you will be proud to know that the one and only game we have ever been to was an Avs game...my husband won the tickets at work and even though we had no idea who anyone was, we had the best time! I will miss Denver, so many great things here as you have mentioned...home of Crocs, Otter Box, Frontier, and yes! Best margaritas at The Rio!! I must try that cherry cricket place you mentioned before we leave.

Ok, to the report!! I think you and your mom are going to have the best time! Can't wait to read all about it! Also, I am now dreaming of that avocado margarita! To date my favorite drink from WDW is the grey goose slush....such goodness!!

Off to read the the rest of your report!!
WDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #139
Sam33
DIS Veteran
 
Sam33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Hi, I'm joining in! Read your whole PTR this morning, and realized we're going at the same time! (I'll be there from 11/9-11/17! ) I can't wait to start a PTR, but I just started a TR for my recent trip earlier this month, so I want to wait a few months and finish that up first!
NEAT! Hopefully we both have excellent trips and nice weather! I wish I had your dates, though. My birthday is the 16th and we're leaving the day before worst birthday present ever! Haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
Hola! Followed you over from Queen's PTR and I have to let you know I'm loving your report!! So fun! I live in Denver as well, for 9 more days anyway! Then it's back to my hometown of Chicago. We have been here for almost 5 years and you will be proud to know that the one and only game we have ever been to was an Avs game...my husband won the tickets at work and even though we had no idea who anyone was, we had the best time! I will miss Denver, so many great things here as you have mentioned...home of Crocs, Otter Box, Frontier, and yes! Best margaritas at The Rio!! I must try that cherry cricket place you mentioned before we leave.

Ok, to the report!! I think you and your mom are going to have the best time! Can't wait to read all about it! Also, I am now dreaming of that avocado margarita! To date my favorite drink from WDW is the grey goose slush....such goodness!!

Off to read the the rest of your report!!
YAY! DENVER!!! There are so few Denverites on the Dis! I grew up two hours west of Chicago in Iowa. I LOVE Chicago. It's one of the few places we "vacationed" as kids. Great city! And great hockey
Glad you liked the game. They're so great even though they suck.

I can't wait to try the grey goose slush. Had the grand marnier one and it was okay. I gotta say the avocado one is the best.




Sorry the responses took so long! We went to Iowa for my Grandma's 80th b-day. It was fun and all but unfortunately, the gate next to us at the airport was headed to Orlando. REALLY hard to watch people board a plane to Orlando and then get on one to Des Moines! Haha
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #140
Sam33
DIS Veteran
 
Sam33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 628

WE GOT FLIGHTS BOOKED! And tomorrow we're only 5 months away!
We got the perfect flights, though. We couldn't leave before 1PM because my mom didn't want to take a full day off of work. But too late and we wouldn't get to WDW early enough to catch the yee-haw bob show before bed.

We found cheap flights for only $220 roundtrip per person but there was a layover in Atlanta and it wasn't until 3PM meaning we wouldn't get there until after 10PM.

So we sacrificed savings and got flights for $330 (still better than the $400+ ones we were finding for EVERYTHING) so we leave at 1:30 and should arrive in Orlando around 6PM. Plenty of time to get to the hotel and to the river roost for yee-haw at 8:30




Trips seem so much more real when you have transportation booked
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #141
Sam33
DIS Veteran
 
Sam33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 628

Oh. My. Goodness.

Okay, so you know how when you find a really great flight for a great price? WELL YOU BOOK IT RIGHT AWAY, right?!
Not in my wonderful mothers' book. She waited 3 days and calls me to say "it's booked!" well duh.
And that other cheap flight that had the one hour layover? Doubled in price.


We found one flight for $250 (insanely low compared to the others!) but it doesn't leave until 4:30! Straight through, though, so we booked it ASAP this time. Unfortunately we don't land in Orlando until 9:30. So no Yee Haw Bob arrival night The other flight had us arriving at 6:30, with plenty of time to settle in.

Now I'm anxious about the baggage. If the flight is delayed it will be after 10! But if it isn't then they will be there to get our bags. Do I just assume that if we land before ten, even if just a couple minutes, that the bags will get taken care of? And if we DON'T land before ten then we should take care of it ourselves? I'm just nervous that if we land at 9:50 and assume they'll take the bags that they won't be there and we'll be screwed!
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #142
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,190

Oh nuts. I was all set to write "congrats" on getting some good flights booked, and then I read today's post. Whoops. Oh well.

Regarding baggage, I think I'd be inclined to just pick it up myself and heft it over to ME. I mean, even if it worked out and they got it and transported it, wouldn't it still arrive at the resort much later possibly?
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #143
Sam33
DIS Veteran
 
Sam33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 628

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oh nuts. I was all set to write "congrats" on getting some good flights booked, and then I read today's post. Whoops. Oh well.

Regarding baggage, I think I'd be inclined to just pick it up myself and heft it over to ME. I mean, even if it worked out and they got it and transported it, wouldn't it still arrive at the resort much later possibly?
That's what I was thinking. But I just love that convenience of not having to carry around luggage. And since we're coming from Denver it will be like arriving at 7:30 instead of 9:30. I can't possible think of what to do to get us tired out enough to go to sleep when we get there! That's what Bob and beers were for.

But the stress of not knowing if our luggage got picked up or not (especially because it takes a while to get to the resort) probably isn't worth the convenience.

Do the Bob shows usually fill up? If we can't catch him this night, our only chance is on Sunday, our DHS day. It closes at 8. In your experience, are there places to sit right at showtime?
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #144
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
Do the Bob shows usually fill up? If we can't catch him this night, our only chance is on Sunday, our DHS day. It closes at 8. In your experience, are there places to sit right at showtime?
It does fill up, but with just 2 of you, you may be able to find a spot. Also, he takes an intermission at, I dunno maybe around 10pm, and a lot of people clear out (like us lightweights). If you're a night owl, I'm sure you could easily snag a seat or maybe a better seat, for the later portion of his show.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #145
Sam33
DIS Veteran
 
Sam33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 628

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
It does fill up, but with just 2 of you, you may be able to find a spot. Also, he takes an intermission at, I dunno maybe around 10pm, and a lot of people clear out (like us lightweights). If you're a night owl, I'm sure you could easily snag a seat or maybe a better seat, for the later portion of his show.
Amazing! I didn't realize it was that long of a show! We're usually not night owls but I'm fairly sure I won't be tired when we get to the hotel. So maybe we'll catch the end of it Thursday night and try to see some Sunday
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #147
Sam33
DIS Veteran
 
Sam33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Hey girl...just wanted to pop in and say hi....I have missed chatting with you
Hello! I suppose I'm due for an update here. I just commented on your TR! And it explains why I've been MIA lately.
SO much going on! Since we went to Iowa for a week, I've been backed up on work. My self-employed job has to get done every month even if I go on vacation so basically it means if I leave for a week then the rest of the month I have no time! The month is almost over and I can go back to having a more leisurely scheduled life. Which means more internet time! YAY

Anyways, free dining is rumored to be released for our dates. I'd probably add it on but we're not going to plan around it. There are a couple restaurants we're only getting appetizers at and cocktails everywhere pretty much. But it would help with snacks and entrees and such!

I'm paying my half off as we speak so that will be nice. Then there's 4 months to save for food (if no dining) and cocktails! I budgeted about $550 each for food and cocktails including tips. It's a lot but I like to shoot high and then spend less when I'm there. I don't like worrying about not having money when I'm on vacation. Paid so much to get there that I'm not passing up on a cocktail I want because I don't have $10!

And after that, we're saving for Vegas! Our friends want to go and we're down. We have a year to save for that. Should be doable we hope!




And with that, I ask for everyone's prayers for my state. It's basically completely on fire. 14 fires currently going, including one VERY close to my University. And one that is the worst in Colorado history with over 250 homes burned down.
Every time we get a break on one fire, a new one starts. We DESPERATELY need some rain without lightning and wind.

We may have the best state but it comes with a catch. That it's on fire!

We're safe, though. Just worried about everything else
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #148
Sam33
DIS Veteran
 
Sam33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 628

Fires are getting worse. "dry thunderstorms" in the forecast (lightning and wind without rain) so it's just going to get worse.
So far my favorite place to hike is gone along with the hills we took our engagement pictures on.

Luckily, the winds shifted so the flames are headed further into the mountains instead of straight into Boulder which would have been disastrous. Lots of important things in Boulder.

I just want to cry
Sam33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #149
BDLSGAL
Mouseketeer
 
BDLSGAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
Fires are getting worse. "dry thunderstorms" in the forecast (lightning and wind without rain) so it's just going to get worse.
So far my favorite place to hike is gone along with the hills we took our engagement pictures on.

Luckily, the winds shifted so the flames are headed further into the mountains instead of straight into Boulder which would have been disastrous. Lots of important things in Boulder.

I just want to cry
I am sorry for the situation there. I just saw a headline on a local news channel calling it "epic". I hope that the weather will start to help and allow the fires to get under control. Your in our prayers!!
__________________
BDLSGAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #150
tofubeast
DIS Veteran
 
tofubeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Florida - 3 hr hop to the World!
Posts: 4,075

Hoping for some rain for you guys so those awful fires get extinguished. Wish I could have sent over the bucket loads of rain we got on Sunday here in FL.
__________________

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(OKW). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.