Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #16
dhidalgo
Earning My Ears

Glad to see that someone else has joined. It was hard to find the thread at first because it has November 18, 2011 - hopefully it will be fixed soon and we will have more followers.
dhidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #17
Goofy's_Gal
Earning My Extra Long Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammie33 View Post
Hi All - Add us to the Turkey day cruise list. It's me, DH and DD (9 at cruise time). We did a 3 night Dream cruise last December and I hooked the family, but coming from CA the travel stunk so we decided to do a longer and closer cruise this time around. Looking forward to the sea days and the tequila tasting too
Yay! Another has joined this very small group. Welcome!
DCL - Dream Dec 2011; Wonder Nov 2012
Goofy's_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #18
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

Welcome to all the new cruisers! We're gonna have to start a roll call so we can keep everyone's name straight FE list... Cruise meets... boy oh boy! Lots of planning to do.

Just so you know, I'm leaving on a MR on April 1. This will be our first MR. If you have any preliminary questions or things you want me to check out, let me know and I'll make a list and get back to you when we return. I'm in full planning mode since 3 weeks from right now, I will be on the Wonder.

Had anyone taken a cruise over Thanksgiving on Disney before? I wonder what if they just add Turkey to the menu or what. Hmmm. Not that it matters, I'm still going to go.

Looking forward to chatting.

Linda

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013 Disney Cruises:Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite;
Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; DL celebrating daughter's 18th B'day May 16, 2014; Wonder May 17, 2014 2 Nt to Nowhere; Wonder b2bMay 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico
adnil530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #19
adnil530

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhidalgo View Post
Glad to see that someone else has joined. It was hard to find the thread at first because it has November 18, 2011 - hopefully it will be fixed soon and we will have more followers.
Hey! Welcome Aboard! And thanks for finding us and pointing out the error. I've posted a message over there for this to be fixed and I'll get a message when it is fixed Even though it is listed under the 2012 cruise meets, it still should say 2012 and not 2011.

Linda

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013 Disney Cruises:Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite;
Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; DL celebrating daughter's 18th B'day May 16, 2014; Wonder May 17, 2014 2 Nt to Nowhere; Wonder b2bMay 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico
Old 03-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #20
dhidalgo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnil530 View Post
Hey! Welcome Aboard! And thanks for finding us and pointing out the error. I've posted a message over there for this to be fixed and I'll get a message when it is fixed Even though it is listed under the 2012 cruise meets, it still should say 2012 and not 2011.

Linda
Thanks! I love how you have your FE list set up. I was wondering how that worked - now I have lots of time to decide what I am going to do. Looking forward to sharing turkey day with a disney family.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #21
GhostlyHitchhiker
DIS Veteran

3 more rooms added to this cruise! I just booked two days ago and we're NOT changing now!!

We were trying to coordinate with other family members in another state and the first week of December is rough to take kids out of school for. Most schools seem to schedule all their "Christmas performances", etc at the beginning of the month knowing as it gets closer to Christmas they will lose some kids to family plans.

All that said, we are absolutely looking forward to Thanksgiving on the cruise! I don't recall a Thanksgiving where I didn't have to cook or at least help clean up afterwards! (In our family if you don't help cook, you're polite enough to do the dishes darn it!)

We are myself, DH, DGF, DD(14), DD(11); then my girlfriend's Mom, Sister and two young siblings: DB13 & DS 11.

For DH & our girls this will be our 3rd cruise (having cruised on the Wonder & Magic previously), but it's been 6 years since our last so we're just as excited as the newbies, which all the rest of our travelling group are.

I am definately interested in the FE exchange if we get one going. This will be my very first FE exchange!
GhostlyHitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
gusdmh
Mouseketeer

Bumped

Hi everyone,
I've scheduled for my family to take this cruise. We originally had Christmas week scheduled but it got cancelled. The OBC was a sweet deal though. Unless anything comes up, we should be going on this MR cruise.
Gus

Last edited by gusdmh; 04-10-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: typo on goint
gusdmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #23
adnil530

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyHitchhiker View Post
3 more rooms added to this cruise! I just booked two days ago and we're NOT changing now!!

We were trying to coordinate with other family members in another state and the first week of December is rough to take kids out of school for. Most schools seem to schedule all their "Christmas performances", etc at the beginning of the month knowing as it gets closer to Christmas they will lose some kids to family plans.

All that said, we are absolutely looking forward to Thanksgiving on the cruise! I don't recall a Thanksgiving where I didn't have to cook or at least help clean up afterwards! (In our family if you don't help cook, you're polite enough to do the dishes darn it!)

We are myself, DH, DGF, DD(14), DD(11); then my girlfriend's Mom, Sister and two young siblings: DB13 & DS 11.

For DH & our girls this will be our 3rd cruise (having cruised on the Wonder & Magic previously), but it's been 6 years since our last so we're just as excited as the newbies, which all the rest of our travelling group are.

I am definately interested in the FE exchange if we get one going. This will be my very first FE exchange!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusdmh View Post
Hi everyone,
I've scheduled for my family to take this cruise. We originally had Christmas week scheduled but it got cancelled. The OBC was a sweet deal though. Unless anything comes up, we should be goint on this MR cruise.
Gus
Welcome to the newcomers! I just got off the ship yesterday after doing the MR over our Spring Break! Wonderful time, as usual. Loved Cabo and can't wait to go back. I thought it would be a bummer being in Cabo 2 days in a row, but no. I can't wait to go back.

Didn't cook for a week, so fits in with the plan of no cooking.

I guess we should start a roll call and a FE gift exchange list. We did the FE gift exchange on this last trip and got some interesting gifts....from some pretty neat coasters, magnets, embroidered tote bag...note pads...and of course some candies. It was a manageable group so no problem doing it again. I can do it unless someone else would like to volunteer.

Gus, if you don't mind sharing the info, what kind of OBC did Disney give you when they cancelled Christmas week? I imagine it was a great disappointment for you and your family. It's a shame that Disney will not be doing the MR's any longer. I understand why though. Maybe after a few years when demand is a little higher. I'd like to see them do Avalon/Catalina Island, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo.

I'm very curious as to where she is going in the Fall of 2013. A little bit of time in dry dock might be warranted, more so in another 15 months. In the 2 rooms we had, many small maintenance issues were seen so some TLC overall to let maintenance catch up might be in order. Nothing major just many small ones. I'm going back either way

At any rate, I am trying to catch up on my 10 day hiatus from the computer. Everyone have a great week!
Linda

Old 04-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #24
gusdmh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Gus, if you don't mind sharing the info, what kind of OBC did Disney give you when they cancelled Christmas week? I imagine it was a great disappointment for you and your family. It's a shame that Disney will not be doing the MR's any longer. I understand why though. Maybe after a few years when demand is a little higher. I'd like to see them do Avalon/Catalina Island, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo.

Linda
Hi Linda,
I got an extra $500 OBC for a 7-night cruise. It would be less if I did a 3/4 night cruise. Now I have a total of $700 OBC. Well, my wife sure loves Palo and the spa.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #25
rmonty02
Mouseketeer

GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE!!!
One for each member of my family going on this cruise (Myself, DH, DM, DD, DS7 and DS5) thanks to my DM and DD. Gotta LOVE grandparents Thanks!

I just booked today and the planning is underway. So hello to you all, I'm glad to have found you. I don't know anything about cruises, let alone DCL, so I have 7 months to get edumacated I would like to participate in the FE exchange, whenever the list gets started.
Of course I am very excited and have subscribed to this thread
Saludos a todos!

Disneyland (many times growing up) with my boys...'07 Disney Hotel...'08 Marriott Newport Beach Villas...'09 VGC...'11 VGC Home!
WDW...Nov'10 AKV-Kidani
Hawaii...Jun'12 Aulani Villas
DCL...Nov'12 Cabo

Last edited by rmonty02; 04-10-2012 at 10:18 PM.
rmonty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #26
dhidalgo
Earning My Ears

Glad to see that you had a great time. I am ready for the FE whenever it is setup. This is my 2nd DCL cruise, but my first FE, so if you want to organize, that would be great.

WDW -October 2009 & June 2011
DCL - Dream - June 2011
DCL - Wonder - November 2012
Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #27
adnil530

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusdmh View Post
Hi Linda,
I got an extra $500 OBC for a 7-night cruise. It would be less if I did a 3/4 night cruise. Now I have a total of $700 OBC. Well, my wife sure loves Palo and the spa.
That's a great deal of OBC....let me know if you need some help spending it I hope that Thanksgiving week is a no school week for anyone attending school in your family. I know my sis, Goofy's_Gal would have preferred an "off peak" week but I can't take the kids out of school. I was scheduled on the 12/15/12 Fantasy but changed to this one and that's a good thing. The kids get out for winter break on 12/21 and the school will conveniently schedule finals on 12/20 & 12/21. Glad to have changed it to Thanksgiving week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonty02 View Post
GOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLE!!!
One for each member of my family going on this cruise (Myself, DH, DM, DD, DS7 and DS5) thanks to my DM and DD. Gotta LOVE grandparents Thanks!

I just booked today and the planning is underway. So hello to you all, I'm glad to have found you. I don't know anything about cruises, let alone DCL, so I have 7 months to get edumacated I would like to participate in the FE exchange, whenever the list gets started.
Of course I am very excited and have subscribed to this thread
Saludos a todos!
I'll get a FE list and Roll Call going soon. I may want some assist from Goofy's_Gal though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhidalgo View Post
Glad to see that you had a great time. I am ready for the FE whenever it is setup. This is my 2nd DCL cruise, but my first FE, so if you want to organize, that would be great.

WDW -October 2009 & June 2011
DCL - Dream - June 2011
DCL - Wonder - November 2012
Awesome! We'll get that going shortly.

On our last cruise, the FE list was a smaller one, 21 families so very manageable. Judging by the roll call here thus far, it will even be even smaller on this cruise. That will allow people to really get creative! We will probably have a few guideline rules on the FE gifts. Not being picky or prissy, but unless your candy is special or packaged special...a bag of candy does not make a creative FE gift. I hope people don't think I'm being petty but some thought should go into the FE gift. It doesn't have to be one per person, it can be one per room, so very doable. We did have some salt water taffy gifts that were packaged in a fun way on our last trip. I've also had fortune cookies in the past with a special message inside. We also had someone who filled popcorn bags, attached a Toy Story ticket so you had treats to take to the movies. I tend to find though that the candy is left behind for the room steward. A nice gesture indeed, but this is not a token to take home from your trip. Your thoughts are welcome on this also as we would want the FE experience to be a positive one for the participants.

I really wish I was cruising this week or at least next month. I've got the just got off cruise blues

Linda

Old 04-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #28
GhostlyHitchhiker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not being picky or prissy, but unless your candy is special or packaged special...a bag of candy does not make a creative FE gift. I hope people don't think I'm being petty but some thought should go into the FE gift. It doesn't have to be one per person, it can be one per room, so very doable. We did have some salt water taffy gifts that were packaged in a fun way on our last trip. I've also had fortune cookies in the past with a special message inside. We also had someone who filled popcorn bags, attached a Toy Story ticket so you had treats to take to the movies. I tend to find though that the candy is left behind for the room steward. A nice gesture indeed, but this is not a token to take home from your trip. Your thoughts are welcome on this also as we would want the FE experience to be a positive one for the participants.
Linda

I would be alright with this idea, with one exception (other than the adding a cute "Disney" decoration/etc). If the candy is a "regional" treat from where you live, I'd love to have it be included. Candy from Europe from European travellers, maple candy from Vermont/NH/etc would be perfectly ok in my book.

I grew up on the East Coast, but have been in CA for over a decade now. While I can get tons of Japanese treats and even a lot of European stuff, I miss some of the Pennsylvania Dutch/Northeast stuff that's harder to find out here. Just my opinion.
GhostlyHitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #29
adnil530

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyHitchhiker View Post
I would be alright with this idea, with one exception (other than the adding a cute "Disney" decoration/etc). If the candy is a "regional" treat from where you live, I'd love to have it be included. Candy from Europe from European travellers, maple candy from Vermont/NH/etc would be perfectly ok in my book.

I grew up on the East Coast, but have been in CA for over a decade now. While I can get tons of Japanese treats and even a lot of European stuff, I miss some of the Pennsylvania Dutch/Northeast stuff that's harder to find out here. Just my opinion.
Agreed. Like I said, we had 2 people give out salt water taffy, regional here, packaged in 2 very fun and creative ways. Special treats I thing would be fine. I'm pretty much talking about a baggie full of every day pinata type of candy/chocolates. Special is special. And if anyone here is from the Northeast, bring some of those maple treats!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #30
gusdmh
Mouseketeer

FYI: I changed my cruise dates for 4/2013. Take care everyone. Happy Thanksgiving! It truly is a great American holiday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: