Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #61
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullily View Post
Just checked our plans are we're at Epcot Saturday the first week and Sunday the next They were best or neutral park days though!
It's because the Food and Wine Festival is on when we are there. The ride times still look reasonable - I don't mind having to queue for half an hour.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #62
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

The way my flights are, I only have 1 weekend in WDW (which just so happens to be the Food and Wine opening weekend and also the Tower of Terror 10 mile race at Hollywood Studios).

We have worked it into our plans that we will go off property that weekend, likely shopping or mini golf etc. And also head up to Universal and use up more time on our 14 days passes for there.

The TouringPlans site is amazing!! Thanks so much for the discount code its really helped me work out what days where.
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #63
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
The way my flights are, I only have 1 weekend in WDW (which just so happens to be the Food and Wine opening weekend and also the Tower of Terror 10 mile race at Hollywood Studios).

We have worked it into our plans that we will go off property that weekend, likely shopping or mini golf etc. And also head up to Universal and use up more time on our 14 days passes for there.

The TouringPlans site is amazing!! Thanks so much for the discount code its really helped me work out what days where.
No problem.
I'm patiently waiting for Disney to release the times for my trip.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 03-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #64
joolz1910

I've now booked the Premier Inn Ft at Manchester Airport for 28th Oct before we fly out on 29th. I got 2 rooms for £64, add to that is the price of the shuttle which is approximately £6. I don't think I could get two rooms for cheaper than that.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 03-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #65
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Think you will be fine doing future world at a weekend if that is showing as a low crowd on touring plans.

We did a saturday afternoon and evening in WS as it was heaving - long lines for the booths, having to weave through crowds of drunk people.

By contrast we had a lovely afternoon on a Wednesday (one of the highlights of our trip) and it was so different - no lines for the booths, space to stop and enjoy a drink etc.

DD loved colouring her duffy bear it at every kidcot stop and got a passport which the cm's stamped.
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #66
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Think you will be fine doing future world at a weekend if that is showing as a low crowd on touring plans.

We did a saturday afternoon and evening in WS as it was heaving - long lines for the booths, having to weave through crowds of drunk people.

By contrast we had a lovely afternoon on a Wednesday (one of the highlights of our trip) and it was so different - no lines for the booths, space to stop and enjoy a drink etc.

DD loved colouring her duffy bear it at every kidcot stop and got a passport which the cm's stamped.
Definitely want to avoid the crowds at the weekend. I need to look at the layout of the parks. I'm assuming that MK is the biggest, follwed by Epcot, DHS and then AK. My plans include a lot of MK and Epcot time.

Getting travel Insurance tomorrow. March has been an expensive Disney month!
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 03-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #67
beautifullily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz1910 View Post
March has been an expensive Disney month!
I know that feeling! Did you manage to work out the cover you needed on your travel insurance?
Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #68
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullily View Post
I know that feeling! Did you manage to work out the cover you needed on your travel insurance?
Haven't done it yet. Will probably go for Nationwide and pay the extra so we are FULLY covered. I'll only worry if we're not.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 03-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #69
VailaTigger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm assuming that MK is the biggest, follwed by Epcot, DHS and then AK.
I think on actual physical size EPCOT is the largest, followed by MK, then AK, then DHS... but I'm sure I can be proved wrong! EPCOT is definitely huge - EPCOT can quite easily stand for Every Person Comes Out Tired...

I would say from a ride / show point of view to allow at least 2 days for MK, 2 days for EPCOT, 1 day for AK, and 1 day for DHS. I've actually allowed 2 days per park in my plans, but we're not doing anything else other than Disney parks.

Google Earth is fab for looking around WDW! You really get an idea of the size of the place, and the size of the parks. There are park maps on the web too (although perhaps not the most up to date, but will give you an idea of size when used with Google Earth) http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm

This is good too: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/ and those WILL be up to date

Happy planning!
2010 - April, Pop Century, 2 weeks
2012 - September, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 weeks honeymoon
VailaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #70
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by VailaTigger View Post
I think on actual physical size EPCOT is the largest, followed by MK, then AK, then DHS... but I'm sure I can be proved wrong! EPCOT is definitely huge - EPCOT can quite easily stand for Every Person Comes Out Tired...

I would say from a ride / show point of view to allow at least 2 days for MK, 2 days for EPCOT, 1 day for AK, and 1 day for DHS. I've actually allowed 2 days per park in my plans, but we're not doing anything else other than Disney parks.

Google Earth is fab for looking around WDW! You really get an idea of the size of the place, and the size of the parks. There are park maps on the web too (although perhaps not the most up to date, but will give you an idea of size when used with Google Earth) http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm

This is good too: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/ and those WILL be up to date

Happy planning!
Thanks!
I have allowed at least 2 days per park too. I want the option of revisiting favourites
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 04-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #71
joolz1910

I am officially insured from today for worldwide cover for a year. The cover was with Nationwide through their flexaccount. It cost £120 for 5 of us to include pre-existing medical conditions.

Another thing off my 'to-do' list.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 04-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #72
joolz1910

I am officially insured from today for worldwide cover for a year. The cover was with Nationwide through their flexaccount. It cost £120 for 5 of us to include pre-existing medical conditions.

2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 04-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #73
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad you got sorted.

Parkwise - my planner is currently 3 days MK, 3 days Epcot, 2 days AK, 2 days HS, 2 days water parks.

By 'days' we may not spend the whole day there but I prefer a more leisurely approach.

We like AK and as it has alot of shows prefer to do it over 2 days. No idea why alot on the US board say it is a half day park You couldn't even fit the safari, nemo show and lion king show in half a day - let alone the rides.
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Old 04-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #74
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Glad you got sorted.

Parkwise - my planner is currently 3 days MK, 3 days Epcot, 2 days AK, 2 days HS, 2 days water parks.

By 'days' we may not spend the whole day there but I prefer a more leisurely approach.

We like AK and as it has alot of shows prefer to do it over 2 days. No idea why alot on the US board say it is a half day park You couldn't even fit the safari, nemo show and lion king show in half a day - let alone the rides.
I have pencilled in MK 5 days (including MNSSHP/MVMCP), 3 days Epcot, 2 days for AK and 2 days for DHS. So far these are half days as I want to have the choice to laze around if we want to.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 04-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #75
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

You've inspired me to book the premier inn nr manchester airport for the sunday night before we fly - was £32 aswell.

We don't usually bother as we are under an hour away but we are flying on a Monday this year and I was worried it may be busy traffic.

Will hopefully be a nice relaxing start to our trip.

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: