Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #31
VailaTigger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz1910 View Post
Lol, they are all mine and DH's. No offence taken
Oh sorry!!! I obviously hadn't had enough coffee when I posted this I read Crabbie1's post at the top of this page, and thought she was the OP...

Sincerest apologies!!
2010 - April, Pop Century, 2 weeks
2012 - September, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 weeks honeymoon
VailaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #32
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by VailaTigger View Post
Oh sorry!!! I obviously hadn't had enough coffee when I posted this I read Crabbie1's post at the top of this page, and thought she was the OP...

Sincerest apologies!!
Don't worry
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2012, 08:26 AM   #33
joolz1910

Just added a couple more 'might do's'. Thinking of Airport Lounge and also a Garden Grocer order before we go.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 02-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #34
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Well done for keeping it secret It will all be so worth it when you finally tell them!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #35
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Well done for keeping it secret It will all be so worth it when you finally tell them!
I hope so Elaine. Just worried it will backfire and they will be underwhelmed by it all.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 02-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #36
Twinkly-Tink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
....... they will be underwhelmed by it all.
How could any child be 'underwhelmed' with a trip to WDW??!!!

Me 42 DH 41 Barney 14

Twinkly-Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #37
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just added a couple more 'might do's'. Thinking of Airport Lounge and also a Garden Grocer order before we go.
What is a garden grocer? Sounds very interesting!!!

DBF and I have taken advantage of the airport lounge in GLA, although we are flying Virgin I dont think there is a V Room in Glasgow so we are going to check this out, if not we will book the usual lounge to relax in.

Looking forward to reading your plans, must be so exciting keeping it a secret from the kiddiewinkles

Kirst
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #38
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkly-Tink View Post
How could any child be 'underwhelmed' with a trip to WDW??!!!
I have built the moment of telling them in my own mind. I'm just worried that they won't be able to take it all in. I think kids' reactions can be so unpredictable at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
What is a garden grocer? Sounds very interesting!!!

DBF and I have taken advantage of the airport lounge in GLA, although we are flying Virgin I dont think there is a V Room in Glasgow so we are going to check this out, if not we will book the usual lounge to relax in.

Looking forward to reading your plans, must be so exciting keeping it a secret from the kiddiewinkles

Kirst
Garden Grocer is online and will deliver your groceries to your hotel. I want to have a mooch around Walmart but I know that we will all be tired and I like the idea of having the basics there when we arrive.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 02-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #39
joolz1910

I have asked for a refund from Disney for my Photopass CD. They have said they will issue a refund within 1/2 billing cycles. As soon as I have the refund, I am going to pre-pay for the CD and the Photobook. After looking at them online, I have realised that I really want one as I love all of the backgrounds you can have.

I got confirmation of my free travel insurance with my new Nationwide account today, so I will be getting my upgrade in March so we are covered for the trip.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 02-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #40
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have asked for a refund from Disney for my Photopass CD. They have said they will issue a refund within 1/2 billing cycles. As soon as I have the refund, I am going to pre-pay for the CD and the Photobook. After looking at them online, I have realised that I really want one as I love all of the backgrounds you can have.

I got confirmation of my free travel insurance with my new Nationwide account today, so I will be getting my upgrade in March so we are covered for the trip.
Hmm, you have me thinking. I'm ordering the CD next week... but now I am thinking I may get the CD & the photobook. The photobook looks good, you have me convinced!

Good to hear your covered for your trip too!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #41
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to hearing about your childrens reactions to their trip!
xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #42
Booknut
I couldn't figure out why people would choose to put that down

Am loving your PTR! Your are so good keeping this secret, what an amazing surprise your girls will have! I am terrible at keeping secrets so I admire you for hiding all this stuff - and for being so organised!

Can I ask, where do you pre-buy the cd and photobook/pass stuff? We're not going for another 17 months but i'd like to look into it, especially if we can pay for it in advance, like you say, budget it in!

Your ADR's look great. I've heard great things about the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare The Mad Hatter is great fun, in fact somewhere on the DIS is a video someone made of the breakfast and the Mad Hatter was just so funny

2005 WDW Offsite, 2006 WDW AKL/POFQ, 2008 DLP Santa Fe, 2009 DLP Hotel New York, 2012 DLP Hotel L'Elysee

Booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #43
joolz1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Hmm, you have me thinking. I'm ordering the CD next week... but now I am thinking I may get the CD & the photobook. The photobook looks good, you have me convinced!

Good to hear your covered for your trip too!
As this will be our first trip, I wanted a memento that would bring back happy memories. I'm not that much into shopping for souvenirs so this seemed like a good choice. I really like what I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell1989 View Post
Looking forward to hearing about your childrens reactions to their trip!
xx
My youngest asks to go to Disneyland weekly. They know they will go 'one day' and that I am saving to take them. I can't wait to tell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booknut View Post
Am loving your PTR! Your are so good keeping this secret, what an amazing surprise your girls will have! I am terrible at keeping secrets so I admire you for hiding all this stuff - and for being so organised!

Can I ask, where do you pre-buy the cd and photobook/pass stuff? We're not going for another 17 months but i'd like to look into it, especially if we can pay for it in advance, like you say, budget it in!

Your ADR's look great. I've heard great things about the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare The Mad Hatter is great fun, in fact somewhere on the DIS is a video someone made of the breakfast and the Mad Hatter was just so funny
The link for the offer is here:
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

All of the planning is half the fun. I keep changing my mind about ADR's. I think I might leave a few credits so that the kids can choose a restaurant or we can revisit a favourite. Everything I read about makes me more excited. I can't wait to go.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)

Old 03-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #44
janeyb
Mouseketeer

Hi there,

Just found your pre-trip report. Just wanted to say that we too surprised our two daughters (5 & 7 yrs on this past trip a few weeks ago). It was the first time that we had done it and it was FANTASTIC!!! I wouldn't do it again though as trying to keep it secret (especially during the last few weeks), for 8 months was incredibily difficult!!

What we did though was start talking about booking a holiday there for next year, looking at the internet, talking about different parks etc, looking at the DCL etc and they started to get really excited about it without actually realising they were actually going a few weeks later!!

The whole trip was for my BIG 4-0, so we pretended that we were going to go to London during the half term holidays, somewhere that they love to go, but don't very often as we live in deepest Devon!!

On the Wednesday they went off to school none the wiser, I then rushed back home and finished packing last minute things, toothbrushes, teddies etc, drove the dogs to kennels, then at 11.30am returned to the school.

The school were in on the whole surprise, so I walked into there classroom and told them I needed to take them to the dentist, an appointment that I'd forgotten!!! On the way back I said that we were going to pop home first for a quick lunch as they'd miss their school dinners.

When we got home, we said; "SURPRISE, we're not going to London next week, we're going RIGHT NOW"....

My youngest, started crying that she would miss having Chloe's birthday cake that she'd brought into school and they were due to have that afternoon!!!! Children??!!

They were so excited and thankfully didn't notice that the suitcases were in the back of the car!!

When we got into the car they each had a huge 'Pass the Parcel' type of gift on their seats. Every 30 minutes they were allowed to open another layer and each layer unbeknown to them held something for the flight, i'e; Activity books, new Dvd's, Nintendo games, sweets ect etc...

I also announced that as it was my birthday I was choosing the hotel and I'd chosen one right next to airport (The Sofitel), but it was ok as it had a train into town!!!!

When we arrived I couldn't believe it as my eldest daughter said; "Oh look how lucky those people are al flying off on holiday!!! She still hadn't clicked!!!

We got into the room, settled in, then I got my camera out and DH the Camcorder on the premise that we were taking pictures of the room. We asked them to sit on the bed so we could photograph them!

I started to get nervous about being let down by their reactions! I said that as they knew it was my birthday treat, instead of going into London the next day, how did they fancy getting on a plane and going to Disney World to the AKL and then onto the Disney Dream?

It took a few seconds to register, then HUGE grins came across their faces, they jumped around on the bed, then what made the last 8 months totally worth keeping it a secret was when DD1 burst into tears as she was just SO happy!!! She even set me off. I wish I knew how to upload pictures on here as I took the sequence on my camera!!

They then opened the last present - a new Disney purse full of a $100 to spend. We then gave them one last surprise, a Trunki backpack, which they then spent ages packing with all the presents they'd unwrapped in the car during the 5.5 hour journey. It was lovely as they were SO excited!!

I really hope it goes well keeping it secret. We both found that on the few occasions that we slipped up, we just referred to the forthcoming trip we ere planning.

Good Luck!

Jane
janeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:31 AM   #45
linzdr
Earning My Ears

How exciting! We are also staying at OKW but go a month earlier than you, so I'm busy narrowing down my choices for ADR's! I could never keep a secret for so long, well done to you!
Look forward to more updates!
linzdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: