Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #16
crabbie1
DIS Veteran
 
crabbie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: kingswinford uk
Posts: 3,735

Oohh i love pre trippies. This sounds great juliette. We are also doin a suprise event. Although the girls know we are goin away for their birthdays iv told them it will b a beach holiday. The little one has never been and will be 5 when we are there and is princess mad where as my Dd has been every year since she was 3 and will be 10 just before we go. Dnt quite know how we are going to tell them yet. Problem is DB ex will know and will tell the little one as shes so horrid. Actually We dnt hv to tell her either do we we can tell her when we pick niamh upAnyway looking forward to ur updates
__________________
[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/mcqy6efeovttz4hh.png[/img][/link]
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #17
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister
 
joolz1910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,535

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Oohh i love pre trippies. This sounds great juliette. We are also doin a suprise event. Although the girls know we are goin away for their birthdays iv told them it will b a beach holiday. The little one has never been and will be 5 when we are there and is princess mad where as my Dd has been every year since she was 3 and will be 10 just before we go. Dnt quite know how we are going to tell them yet. Problem is DB ex will know and will tell the little one as shes so horrid. Actually We dnt hv to tell her either do we we can tell her when we pick niamh upAnyway looking forward to ur updates
Definitely don't tell DB ex if you think she will ruin the surprise!
I am worried that someone will blab in front of my kids. I have sworn everyone to secrecy but I'm pretty sure my eldest will suspect something and start snooping lol.
__________________
Juliette x
1997 Disneyland, California (offsite)
2005 DLRP (Santa Fe)
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #18
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister
 
joolz1910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,535

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1 View Post
Oohh i love pre trippies. This sounds great juliette. We are also doin a suprise event. Although the girls know we are goin away for their birthdays iv told them it will b a beach holiday. The little one has never been and will be 5 when we are there and is princess mad where as my Dd has been every year since she was 3 and will be 10 just before we go. Dnt quite know how we are going to tell them yet. Problem is DB ex will know and will tell the little one as shes so horrid. Actually We dnt hv to tell her either do we we can tell her when we pick niamh upAnyway looking forward to ur updates
Definitely don't tell DB ex if you think she will ruin the surprise!
I am worried that someone will blab in front of my kids. I have sworn everyone to secrecy but I'm pretty sure my eldest will suspect something and start snooping lol.
__________________
Juliette x
1997 Disneyland, California (offsite)
2005 DLRP (Santa Fe)
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #19
beautifullily
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 104

ooh you are very good keeping it a secret. I would have liked to (organising first WDW trip with DH and my 2 girls 9 & 7) but I'm rubbish at keeping things to myself! At least I can get some input from them as to what character ADRs they want to do.

Thanks for posting your to do list- have added a couple to mine
__________________
Fay
POFQ 30th May -11th June 2012
beautifullily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:12 AM   #20
crabbie1
DIS Veteran
 
crabbie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: kingswinford uk
Posts: 3,735

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullily View Post
ooh you are very good keeping it a secret. I would have liked to (organising first WDW trip with DH and my 2 girls 9 & 7) but I'm rubbish at keeping things to myself! At least I can get some input from them as to what character ADRs they want to do.

Thanks for posting your to do list- have added a couple to mine
To be honest if it was our first trip I dont think I would be able to keep it quiet either.You want to shout it from the roof tops . Try and take your girls over to fort wilderness if they like ponies/animals.There is also a campfire where chip and dale meet sing along and stories are told.I think there is marshmallow roasting as well.Its on my to do list for this year.You could also grad something to eat at trails end.Think it is in the evening.
__________________
[link=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img noborder]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/mcqy6efeovttz4hh.png[/img][/link]
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW
 
Chilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 13,626

We collect £2 coins as well and have been since end of Feb 2009 in our terramundi pot, its getting pretty full now, I can't wait to break it open.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #22
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister
 
joolz1910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
We collect £2 coins as well and have been since end of Feb 2009 in our terramundi pot, its getting pretty full now, I can't wait to break it open.
When are you opening yours? We think we are going to open our in mid-June. I'm really curious to know how much we've got in there!
__________________
Juliette x
1997 Disneyland, California (offsite)
2005 DLRP (Santa Fe)
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas
 
Linda67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,559

Just caught up with your plans
I have no idea how you can keep such a big secret! It will be wonderful when you finally tell them
By the way, we did the haunted carriage ride last October and we loved it!!
Very spooky and lots of fun, you could have your dinner at Trails End or Wilderness Lodge and make an evening of it
Also the Chip n Dale campfire sing-a-long would be great fun for your kids (me and DH are big kids and loved it)
You can buy a marshmallow 'kit' at the campfire and make s'mores .... Yummy
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:48 AM   #24
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW
 
Chilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 13,626

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz1910 View Post
When are you opening yours? We think we are going to open our in mid-June. I'm really curious to know how much we've got in there!
I think i'm just going to leave it until it is full.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #25
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister
 
joolz1910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,535

Just pre-purchased the Photopass CD for $99. I am going to do at least one thing each month to spread the cost.
__________________
Juliette x
1997 Disneyland, California (offsite)
2005 DLRP (Santa Fe)
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #26
VailaTigger
DIS Veteran
 
VailaTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland, U.K.
Posts: 624

Your plans sound awesome, and I can't wait to hear how the kids take the surprise!

One word of caution though - am I picking up correctly that one of the girls might be DB's from a previous relationship? Apologies if I've got completely the wrong end of the stick!! No offence is meant at all. If you're not the parents, you'll need to get a letter stating that you have her permission to take the child out of the country. (It's all to try to avoid people taking kids for a new life without the other parent knowing I think). So I'm afraid you'd need to tell her in that case.
__________________
2001 - September, All Star Movies, 2 weeks
2003 - September, off site, 10 days
2005 - September, All Star Music, 10 days
2010 - April, Pop Century, 2 weeks
2012 - September, Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2 weeks honeymoon
VailaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #27
beautifullily
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz1910 View Post
Just pre-purchased the Photopass CD for $99. I am going to do at least one thing each month to spread the cost.
Sounds like a good plan to space it all out. There are more 'hidden' costs than I first realised when we booked - ESTAs, additional travel insurance (we don't normally need 5K cover) etc etc
__________________
Fay
POFQ 30th May -11th June 2012
beautifullily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #28
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister
 
joolz1910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,535

Quote:
Originally Posted by VailaTigger View Post
Your plans sound awesome, and I can't wait to hear how the kids take the surprise!

One word of caution though - am I picking up correctly that one of the girls might be DB's from a previous relationship? Apologies if I've got completely the wrong end of the stick!! No offence is meant at all. If you're not the parents, you'll need to get a letter stating that you have her permission to take the child out of the country. (It's all to try to avoid people taking kids for a new life without the other parent knowing I think). So I'm afraid you'd need to tell her in that case.
Lol, they are all mine and DH's. No offence taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullily View Post
Sounds like a good plan to space it all out. There are more 'hidden' costs than I first realised when we booked - ESTAs, additional travel insurance (we don't normally need 5K cover) etc etc
I know what you mean. It can all mount up, can't it? It's travel insurance next on my list.
__________________
Juliette x
1997 Disneyland, California (offsite)
2005 DLRP (Santa Fe)
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #29
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister
 
joolz1910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,535

Starting to think about ADR's with 75 days to go...

So far:
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Le Cellier (lunch)
Olivia's
Saana
Whispering Canyon
Hoop de Doo (2 credits)
Mama Melrose
Akershus
1900 Park Fare
Rose and Crown
Beaches and Cream
Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare (breakfast)


I would like to begin and end with a character breakfast. I also want to do Akershus on the same day as BBB. Rose and Crown for Illuminations and Mama Melrose for Fantasmic. I'm thinking of hanging around the resort when we go to MNSSHP - hence the inclusion of Olivia's.
__________________
Juliette x
1997 Disneyland, California (offsite)
2005 DLRP (Santa Fe)
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #30
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran
 
princess_ariel_85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Derbyshire. UK
Posts: 1,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz1910 View Post
Starting to think about ADR's with 75 days to go...

So far:
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Le Cellier (lunch)
Olivia's
Saana
Whispering Canyon
Hoop de Doo (2 credits)
Mama Melrose
Akershus
1900 Park Fare
Rose and Crown
Beaches and Cream
Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare (breakfast)


I would like to begin and end with a character breakfast. I also want to do Akershus on the same day as BBB. Rose and Crown for Illuminations and Mama Melrose for Fantasmic. I'm thinking of hanging around the resort when we go to MNSSHP - hence the inclusion of Olivia's.
The ADR list sounds good! I bet you can't wait for the 180 day mark to start booking them in.

& you also reminded me to pre-order the photopass cd! Thank you lol x
__________________
princess_ariel_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.