Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #31
wisegal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
Hello everyone, we are planning to book this cruise this weekend when we are on board Magic for the Western Carribean cruise.

It will be our first cruise with our soon-to-be-adopted son, sister-in-law's 50th birthday and my close friend in LA decided to join us too, so we will have a big group.

Plus I have never been to Victoria or Vancouver, it sure will be an exciting trip.

Please let me know more about the return flight options. Cheaper the flight cost, the more $ we can spend on other things
Congrats on your up comming adoption. Having been through the process twice I know what an exciting time this is for you and your family.

Nicole

Me , DH DD (7) DS (6)
wisegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #32
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneypeach View Post
Hey y'all. I'm booked on this cruise too. It will be my 3rd DCL cruise, 7th overall. My dad was stationed on Treasure Island in SF bay (I'm a Navy brat) so I'm really excited to be going back. Two days in SF will be awesome! Looking forward to meeting other Disers.
Lynda
Welcome Lynda!

Quote:
Hello everyone, we are planning to book this cruise this weekend when we are on board Magic for the Western Carribean cruise.

It will be our first cruise with our soon-to-be-adopted son, sister-in-law's 50th birthday and my close friend in LA decided to join us too, so we will have a big group.

Plus I have never been to Victoria or Vancouver, it sure will be an exciting trip.

Please let me know more about the return flight options. Cheaper the flight cost, the more $ we can spend on other things
Welcome and congrats on the upcoming adoption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyAlphabet View Post
Hey! I didn't see this thread and started another one. I am on this cruise and the one immediately following this one to Alaska. I am with my DD (14).
Welcome - a double dip sounds like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Just wanted to drop in and say hi!

DH, DS5 and I are currently booked on this cruise ... it will be our third if we go, the first was the 2010 Southbound Wonder Repo, our second will be this December to check out Castaway Cay.

This cruise was a lot pricier than I was hoping for (had the southbound 6 night 2011 as an OBB dummy for $1700 for the three of us, and when moved the booking this one it was $2400 for the same category with first day pricing! One extra day for another 1.5 times the cost! Ouch!), and we usually like to vacation in the fall so we may or may not end up taking this cruise depending on what happens with the fall Wonder itineraries and our budget after the 2nd cruise. But if it ends up being the only Pacific Coast cruise next year and our finances are in order we may just join y'all!

If things work out the way we're hoping we will be living in our house about 40 minutes East of SF when this cruise takes place, but even though we lived in East Bay for about a decade prior to moving to Maui, we didn't get to be tourists there very often. DH & DS are both native Northern Californians and none of us has ever stepped foot on Alcatraz or been to the Disney Museum.

Its a great itinerary and I loved being on the ocean between SF & Vancouver last time since there were dolphin and whale sightings! Hope everybody has a great cruise!
Welcome - hope you come with us.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #33
TLPL
DIS Veteran

thanks! does anyone know how to book a GTY room this early? I am trying to be cheap and want to book a cat 11 gty and take my chance, but since there are still room to choice from, I don't see that option.

-February: Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder
-August: Disney World/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #34
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Life Member - "exclusive tag fairy club"
Enjoys sour grapes

Quote:
thanks! does anyone know how to book a GTY room this early? I am trying to be cheap and want to book a cat 11 gty and take my chance, but since there are still room to choice from, I don't see that option.
They probably aren't offering the GTY option yet as these cruises just started. I would say that they low prices won't be seen for awhile on these cruises.
TammyAlphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #35
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyAlphabet View Post
They probably aren't offering the GTY option yet as these cruises just started. I would say that they low prices won't be seen for awhile on these cruises.
in your opinion what should I do? I am going on the boat tomorrow, should I just book it and get the onboard discount, or wait till later when GTY is offered. I just checked the 2012 reposition cruise, I am suprise cat 11b still the same price as the 2013 cruise. I wonder why.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #36
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Oh wow! How did this get to three pages without me noticing!? You guys are quick!

We moved our dummy date to this cruise on opening day. We were really, really (no, really!) hoping the Wonder would continue doing the Mexican Riviera for 2013. We had our heart set on a spring break cruise. We took the Vancouver to LA repo last fall (our first cruise ever!) and just loved it. We did decide 5 nights just wasn't enough so I was happy this one is 7 nights, especially with the two days in San Fran! We've never been there so quite excited about that. And it means we only need a one-way flight to LA as we can just bus home from Vancouver .

Our crew is myself & dh, and our two daughters - who will be 8 and 12 by the time we cruise Gasp! how can that be?! We booked a 5C on deck 6 but I'm mulling over bumping up to a 5B if we can get on deck 7. Just to be one flight closer to the pool and drink station for our morning hot chocolates (a highlight of our last cruise!). Oh, and the ice cream dispenser! I didn't find out about *that* until the last day of our cruise and I've been griping about it ever since ("Mom! just let it go...") although it probably saved me a good 10 pounds.

Sigh...it's going to be a long 16 months! At least it gives us lots of time to save.
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #37
FergusBC
DIS Veteran

Oh, and does anyone else have DCL telling them you're booked on a 5 night Western Caribbean when you log in? The details are all correct, but the header on my reservation page tells me I"m going to the Caribbean..which I don't have a problem with as long as Disney pays our airfares/hotel
Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean, November 2013 Trip Report ("Even better than the first cruise!", says 12 year old daughter )
FergusBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #38
dvcnewgirl
Williamsburg, VA
I don't care if I die early bring back the fried pie!!!

It is moving fast! So how many of us are coming from the east coast? I am a little afraid of what air will cost.

dvcnewgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #39
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergusBC View Post
Oh wow! How did this get to three pages without me noticing!? You guys are quick!

We moved our dummy date to this cruise on opening day. We were really, really (no, really!) hoping the Wonder would continue doing the Mexican Riviera for 2013. We had our heart set on a spring break cruise. We took the Vancouver to LA repo last fall (our first cruise ever!) and just loved it. We did decide 5 nights just wasn't enough so I was happy this one is 7 nights, especially with the two days in San Fran! We've never been there so quite excited about that. And it means we only need a one-way flight to LA as we can just bus home from Vancouver .

Our crew is myself & dh, and our two daughters - who will be 8 and 12 by the time we cruise Gasp! how can that be?! We booked a 5C on deck 6 but I'm mulling over bumping up to a 5B if we can get on deck 7. Just to be one flight closer to the pool and drink station for our morning hot chocolates (a highlight of our last cruise!). Oh, and the ice cream dispenser! I didn't find out about *that* until the last day of our cruise and I've been griping about it ever since ("Mom! just let it go...") although it probably saved me a good 10 pounds.

Sigh...it's going to be a long 16 months! At least it gives us lots of time to save.
Hi FergusBC and family... aboard!!! Oh don't get me started on the ice cream...we love it!!!! Looking forward to chatting with you and meeting you.

Quote:
Oh, and does anyone else have DCL telling them you're booked on a 5 night Western Caribbean when you log in? The details are all correct, but the header on my reservation page tells me I"m going to the Caribbean..which I don't have a problem with as long as Disney pays our airfares/hotel
Went and checked...ours says the same thing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcnewgirl View Post
It is moving fast! So how many of us are coming from the east coast? I am a little afraid of what air will cost.
East Coast here....we're from Southern Delaware...near the beaches. I see you're from Williamsburg, Virginia...about 4 hours from us.
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #40
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Enjoys sour grapes

Quote:
in your opinion what should I do? I am going on the boat tomorrow, should I just book it and get the onboard discount, or wait till later when GTY is offered. I just checked the 2012 reposition cruise, I am suprise cat 11b still the same price as the 2013 cruise. I wonder why.
I am not sure what to tell you. I would definitely book a cruise, if not this one, onboard to get the discount. If the price is the same, my guess is that the cruise is not selling well or it has been discounted. My guess is that although I love the itinerary, it is not one with wide appeal. However, there are no guarantees, prices can go up or down.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #41
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Enjoys sour grapes

Quote:
lol
Old 02-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #42
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Quote:
I just looked up ours on the DCL site and this is how it lists it:

7-Night Los Angeles to Vancouver Cruise on Disney Wonder - Itinerary B

LOL - ok I click on it and you are right the next page says:

Your 5-Night Western Carribbean Cruise

Old 02-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #43
Disneypeach
Mouseketeer

I saw the 5night carribean title last week on the DCL site. Asked my TA about it and she said she had never seen that happen before. As long as the details are correct I'm not worried...yet

Disneypeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #44
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcnewgirl View Post
We are from East coast as well, and I share your fear!

Old 02-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #45
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Enjoys sour grapes

Quote:
We are from East coast as well, and I share your fear!
Me too and it ain't gonna be cheap folks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: