Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #286
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
We live about 15 minutes away from DLR so we should be able to meet up at the Grand. There is a nice open patio underneath the Monorail track that would be a nice spot to gather and chat. Still not POSITIVE we can make it on this cruise, as we started school this week and got the new school calendar. Ugh, looks like we'll be missing a lot of school, along with Back to School night. We would have to hurry to fly home on Memorial Day to be ready for school the following day.
I hope that you can make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
That is a nice spot. We will need a fallback though since its often reserved for private parties.
I was just going to say that. We have spend 14 nights at the Grand Californian in the last 12 months and there was only one occasion when we walked past the Brisa Court Yard and there was not some private function in progress or being set up for.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #287
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

As the date gets closer, I'll see if I can find out about availability. We go into the Grand via the courtyard just about every week, and only once have I seen it occupied. On this particular weekend afternoon they were actually just cleaning up from a wedding reception, but the CM in charge of that area let us have an impromptu birthday gathering there anyway. They then brought each child autographed photos of the characters, and all the moms in the group got chocolate covered strawberries from Marceline's.
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #288
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

So...Miss jilljill......is my name still on your reservation?? I think it's about time we finally joined forces on a cruise.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #289
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
So...Miss jilljill......is my name still on your reservation?? I think it's about time we finally joined forces on a cruise.
Not on this reservation. It's on the PC cruise that I will need to move to another date.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #290
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
Not on this reservation. It's on the PC cruise that I will need to move to another date.

<------- This is not laughing. This is me having a tantrum on the floor like a 2 yr old.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #291
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post

<------- This is not laughing. This is me having a tantrum on the floor like a 2 yr old.
LOL!!! Then book a cabin and I'll move DD over to your cabin.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #292
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Does anyone has any idea on estimating the earliest departure time from Vancouver International Airport on Debarkation Day?
Anyone still interested in chartering a bus to Seattle, WA?

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian
-August: Vero Beach

-Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #293
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
We can meet the afternoon/evening before the cruise at the Grand.
Does anyone have any information about chartering a bus from Vancouver to Seattle? The price to fly from Seattle, instead of Vancouver, back to LAX is about half the price.
If we have enough people we can charter our own bus that would be cool.

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian

Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #294
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post
Does anyone has any idea on estimating the earliest departure time from Vancouver International Airport on Debarkation Day?
Anyone still interested in chartering a bus to Seattle, WA?
This might be a question to ask on last year's repo meets thread. I've heard that repo cruises sometimes take a bit longer to clear customs the first morning. Not sure what time the first guests were allowed to depart but if I can find my paperwork I can see if I have the debarkation paper and check.

In August 2011 we had a 2:00 flight and we were at the airport by 10am and that was having late seating for b'fast and taking a taxi to the port.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #295
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
This might be a question to ask on last year's repo meets thread. I've heard that repo cruises sometimes take a bit longer to clear customs the first morning. Not sure what time the first guests were allowed to depart but if I can find my paperwork I can see if I have the debarkation paper and check.

In August 2011 we had a 2:00 flight and we were at the airport by 10am and that was having late seating for b'fast and taking a taxi to the port.
Still try to decide if it would be better to fly home from Vancouver or Seattle.
Flight is cheaper from Seattle, but then we have to take the shuttle bus. That will take extra time.
How much is the taxi rate to Vancouver airport do you remember Jill?

Old 09-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #296
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

The taxi was around $35. I think DCL was charging $25/person each way for transfers.
I would weigh the cost difference and then calculate the time needed to get to Seattle to see if the savings is worth it. Last year we flew into Seattle and flew out of Vancouver. The flight was the same out of Vancouver, but by the time I was able to book flights the ones going into Vancouver had gone up over $150/person so it was much cheaper to fly into Seattle and spend the night and take Amtrak to Vancouver.

I haven't even checked flights for next year yet, since DH & DD both have to wait to get their vacation approved. For DH that means sometime in Jan. or Feb., and for DD she thinks that might be sometime in Dec.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #297
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

I'd be interested in hearing about how much time it will take to get a bus, chartered or otherwise, to Seattle SEA and what the cost would be. The cost to fly home from Seattle to LAX is half of what it would cost to fly from Vancouver, but if it's costly and too time consuming, it may not be worth it. Currently there will be 3 of us traveling.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #298
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

I think the ride is roughly 3½ hours down to Seattle. I know I wouldn't want to be sitting on a bus that long after a cruise, but that's just me.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 AM   #299
zakerdog
Mouseketeer

Last year we were in Vancouver very early, DH and I were up, had our breakfast at Parrots Cay and standing in Stanley Park at 9am. We were doing a B2B to Alaska so we didn't have the luggage thing happening. Below is the link to my trip report, it starts at DL for a couple of days before were boarded the ship, includes the repo cruise and the Alaska cruise. maybe you will find it helpful with some of your questions:

http://www.carol-anne.ca/2011%20May%...p%20Report.htm
Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #300
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Hello all! It looks like if all goes according to plan, we will be joining you on this cruise!

We did our first ever cruise a couple weeks ago (sept 3rd) to Alaska from Seattle to Vancouver, and absolutely fell in love with dcl! We booked a dummy date on board, and have now decided to aim for this cruise! We are crossing everything nothing foils the plan we live in Seattle, so these pacific coast cruises are so much easier for us to plan!

It will be me, my DH, and our DS who will be 4. He has several developmental and medical special needs, and we found that the cruise was perfect for us, because we could do activities, and have a quiet place to have down time when he gets overstimulated.

We are also in the process of adopting another child, most likely very soon after this cruise!

I believe 2 of my really good friends may be sailing on this date, too, which will be so fun!

Looking forward to getting to know you all over these months of waiting!

Me DH DS 5

Last edited by Momma2Jax; 09-19-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: