Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #271
zakerdog
Mouseketeer
 
zakerdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Welcome on board. I think we have been on the same cruise before. Did you do the first Med cruise in 2010?

I am really looking forward to the Disney Family Museum. I was looking at the excursion, but decided that it would not give me as much time as I would like so I am going to do it by myself. I also really want to visit Ghirardelli Square.

Corinna
No Med cruise, maybe the Panama Crossiing 2011?
__________________
WDW (48 x) DL (8 x) DCL (7 x)
zakerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #272
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakerdog View Post
No Med cruise, maybe the Panama Crossiing 2011?
Yes, that would be it. That was a fantastic cruise.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #273
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 20,917

We are also looking forward to the Disney Family Museum. Hoping there is also an excursion to wine country available.
__________________
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #274
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,394

This year they are offering an excursion to the Lasseter Family Winery ($475 per person, ages 21 and up), Napa Valley Wine, Art & Culinary Experience ($329 per person,ages 21 and up) and Sonoma Wine Country ($179 per person,ages 21 and up, does not include lunch).

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #275
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
This year they are offering an excursion to the Lasseter Family Winery ($475 per person, ages 21 and up), Napa Valley Wine, Art & Culinary Experience ($329 per person,ages 21 and up) and Sonoma Wine Country ($179 per person,ages 21 and up, does not include lunch).

Corinna
Did they really have to pick that winery and charge those prices?!? Seriously, considering they are sort of keeping it Disney they could have done this at a much lower price point.


There are tour companies that do wine country tours for much cheaper and you can see more than 1 winery. I'm pretty sure Grey Line Tours is one of the companies that offer them.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #276
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
Did they really have to pick that winery and charge those prices?!? Seriously, considering they are sort of keeping it Disney they could have done this at a much lower price point.
I absolutely agree. I did a wonderful wine country tour in Ensenada on our Hawaii cruise that visited two wineries and it cost me less than $40. This was through DCL. I appreciate that the overheads are higher in the USA, but would have hoped for an excursion for less than $100.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #277
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 20,917

Prices like that for wine country tours will probably keep Val & I in SF instead. That's absolutely ridiculous. Perhaps we will need to look into other companies offering wine country tours.
__________________
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #278
jnweinmann
Earning My Ears
 
jnweinmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
Looks like you just said it. Are you going to be in charge of organizing the meet?
So we are a go on the meet the night before the CruiseWe will meet a the the Grand Cal in front of the fire place.Lets see how many of us can get together. Any Ideas of what we can do at this gathering of Disney Cruisers would be wonderful
__________________

jnweinmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #279
Susiesark
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 15 minutes from Disneyland
Posts: 1,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnweinmann View Post
So we are a go on the meet the night before the CruiseWe will meet a the the Grand Cal in front of the fire place.Lets see how many of us can get together. Any Ideas of what we can do at this gathering of Disney Cruisers would be wonderful
We can meet the afternoon/evening before the cruise at the Grand.
Does anyone have any information about chartering a bus from Vancouver to Seattle? The price to fly from Seattle, instead of Vancouver, back to LAX is about half the price.
__________________
Susiesark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #280
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
We can meet the afternoon/evening before the cruise at the Grand.
Does anyone have any information about chartering a bus from Vancouver to Seattle? The price to fly from Seattle, instead of Vancouver, back to LAX is about half the price.
Do you mean charter an entire bus or just booking seats on a transfer bus?
ON the Official Vancouver Thread there's lots of info on transfers from Seattle to Vancouver or the reverse.
We took Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver last year.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #281
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnweinmann View Post
So we are a go on the meet the night before the CruiseWe will meet a the the Grand Cal in front of the fire place.Lets see how many of us can get together. Any Ideas of what we can do at this gathering of Disney Cruisers would be wonderful
I won't know if we will be able to make it until nearer the time. There is a good chance that we will spend our pre-cruise stay with friends who live in Seal Beach. If this is the case, we will definitely do stuff with them on the Saturday and Sunday. One of them actually works at the port so she can drop us off on her way to work on the Monday.

I would keep the meet simple. It is just a nice opportunity to put some faces to names and just getting to know each other.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #282
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner
 
Davids-Coco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,722

We will already be at the grand
__________________
Me DH DS1 DS2
Next trip: Disneyland!
Davids-Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #283
jnweinmann
Earning My Ears
 
jnweinmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I won't know if we will be able to make it until nearer the time. There is a good chance that we will spend our pre-cruise stay with friends who live in Seal Beach. If this is the case, we will definitely do stuff with them on the Saturday and Sunday. One of them actually works at the port so she can drop us off on her way to work on the Monday.

I would keep the meet simple. It is just a nice opportunity to put some faces to names and just getting to know each other.

Corinna
I hope you all can make it by. It would really be nice to see all of you, but if you can not we will all be together for two weeks on board. Its alway nice to make new friendships with other people who share our passions.
__________________

jnweinmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #284
Susiesark
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 15 minutes from Disneyland
Posts: 1,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnweinmann View Post
I hope you all can make it by. It would really be nice to see all of you, but if you can not we will all be together for two weeks on board. Its alway nice to make new friendships with other people who share our passions.
We live about 15 minutes away from DLR so we should be able to meet up at the Grand. There is a nice open patio underneath the Monorail track that would be a nice spot to gather and chat. Still not POSITIVE we can make it on this cruise, as we started school this week and got the new school calendar. Ugh, looks like we'll be missing a lot of school, along with Back to School night. We would have to hurry to fly home on Memorial Day to be ready for school the following day.
__________________
Susiesark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #285
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 20,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
We live about 15 minutes away from DLR so we should be able to meet up at the Grand. There is a nice open patio underneath the Monorail track that would be a nice spot to gather and chat.
That is a nice spot. We will need a fallback though since its often reserved for private parties.
__________________
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: