Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #226
janicebadgett
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9

Kathymford,
Welcome. I hope you enjoy reading about the ports on the dis boards. I've gotten a ton of info on SF, Victoria, and vancouver.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
janicebadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #227
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Hi Neighbor!
Yay! One good thing about DCL being on the west coast is finding more locals!
__________________
Kathymford is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #228
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran
 
Ricky's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 815

Help!!!!!

I've just booked this cruise and I am so out of my element! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but the first one on the west coast. Also we've been to Disney World almost yearly for over 30 years but I haven't been to Disneyland in over 25 years and my dh has never been. I need lots of help and advice from my fellow DISer's. :-)

Some initial questions I have are:

What port (city) will we be sailing out of?
How far is the port from DL?
Does Disney offer transportation from DL to the port?
Any hotel recomendations?
Lastly (for now) we want to do 3 days at DL and possibly a bus tour of LA - if we stay near DL can we pick up a bus tour locally?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I've got lots of homework to do.
Susie
__________________
Susie Rick's wife and Sadies mom Life is Very Very Good!

My next house will have no kitchen - just Vending machines and a large trash can.




Ricky's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #229
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 28,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky's Girl View Post
I've just booked this cruise and I am so out of my element! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but the first one on the west coast. Also we've been to Disney World almost yearly for over 30 years but I haven't been to Disneyland in over 25 years and my dh has never been. I need lots of help and advice from my fellow DISer's. :-)

Some initial questions I have are:

What port (city) will we be sailing out of?
How far is the port from DL?
Does Disney offer transportation from DL to the port?
Any hotel recomendations?
Lastly (for now) we want to do 3 days at DL and possibly a bus tour of LA - if we stay near DL can we pick up a bus tour locally?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I've got lots of homework to do.
Susie
I just wanted to say welcome on board. It is bedtime here now, but I will answer your questions tomorrow if nobody jumps in before.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #230
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran
 
Ricky's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I just wanted to say welcome on board. It is bedtime here now, but I will answer your questions tomorrow if nobody jumps in before.

Corinna
Thank you! I've spent the day going through the Disneyland forums and it looks like I will have weeks of research to do. I think I have at least narrowed it down to which airport we will be flying in to - John Wayne.

Is anyone familiar with the Anabella Hotel or the Fairfield Inn on South Harbor?

10 months away and I'm already so excited for this trip!
__________________
Susie Rick's wife and Sadies mom Life is Very Very Good!

My next house will have no kitchen - just Vending machines and a large trash can.




Ricky's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:55 AM   #231
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky's Girl

Thank you! I've spent the day going through the Disneyland forums and it looks like I will have weeks of research to do. I think I have at least narrowed it down to which airport we will be flying in to - John Wayne.

Is anyone familiar with the Anabella Hotel or the Fairfield Inn on South Harbor?

10 months away and I'm already so excited for this trip!
I'm a local to DL, but we have stayed at the Anabella Hotel. We really liked it there. The room was pretty big, I'll have to research what kind we booked. We only stayed there for one night. It's pretty popular though. I remember it being pretty busy up front when we were leaving.
__________________
Kathymford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #232
Susiesark
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 15 minutes from Disneyland
Posts: 1,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky's Girl View Post
I've just booked this cruise and I am so out of my element! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but the first one on the west coast. Also we've been to Disney World almost yearly for over 30 years but I haven't been to Disneyland in over 25 years and my dh has never been. I need lots of help and advice from my fellow DISer's. :-)

Some initial questions I have are:

What port (city) will we be sailing out of?
How far is the port from DL?
Does Disney offer transportation from DL to the port?
Any hotel recomendations?
Lastly (for now) we want to do 3 days at DL and possibly a bus tour of LA - if we stay near DL can we pick up a bus tour locally?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I've got lots of homework to do.
Susie
I'll try to answer a few questions, and maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.
You'll be cruising out of the Port of LA, which is in San Pedro.
The port is about 45 minutes away from Disneyland. If you are staying at one of the Disney hotels, you can get a shuttle from DLR to the port. Otherwise, there are shuttle services that are a little lower in cost that you can reserve.
There are hundreds of hotels within walking distance of Disneyland, so it really depends on your budget.
Disney is currently offering a 1 day tour of Los Angeles, which includes a studio tour. http://www.adventuresbydisney.com/no...dio-vacations/
__________________
Susiesark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #233
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 28,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky's Girl View Post
Thank you! I've spent the day going through the Disneyland forums and it looks like I will have weeks of research to do. I think I have at least narrowed it down to which airport we will be flying in to - John Wayne.

Is anyone familiar with the Anabella Hotel or the Fairfield Inn on South Harbor?

10 months away and I'm already so excited for this trip!
I have not stayed at either. We have stayed at the Red Lion Hotel before and really loved it. I know that the Howard Johnson consistently gets good reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
I'll try to answer a few questions, and maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.
You'll be cruising out of the Port of LA, which is in San Pedro.
The port is about 45 minutes away from Disneyland. If you are staying at one of the Disney hotels, you can get a shuttle from DLR to the port. Otherwise, there are shuttle services that are a little lower in cost that you can reserve.
There are hundreds of hotels within walking distance of Disneyland, so it really depends on your budget.
Disney is currently offering a 1 day tour of Los Angeles, which includes a studio tour. http://www.adventuresbydisney.com/no...dio-vacations/
If you are staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel (all hotels mentioned fall into this category), you can also take the DCL transfers. You just have to make your way to the Grand Californian.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #234
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 28,071

I thought I share this here. Blueyes87 on the Cruise Magnet thread made this graphic for me for this cruise:



I think it is really amazing.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #235
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,911

Very nice graphic!
__________________
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #236
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,728

That is a fantastic graphic!!
__________________
Kathymford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #237
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran
 
Ricky's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I'm a local to DL, but we have stayed at the Anabella Hotel. We really liked it there. The room was pretty big, I'll have to research what kind we booked. We only stayed there for one night. It's pretty popular though. I remember it being pretty busy up front when we were leaving.
Thank you Kathymford! The Anabella looks very nice and the price is right. I feel better about possibly booking it after hearing that you have stayed there and liked it.
__________________
Susie Rick's wife and Sadies mom Life is Very Very Good!

My next house will have no kitchen - just Vending machines and a large trash can.




Ricky's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #238
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran
 
Ricky's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
I'll try to answer a few questions, and maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.
You'll be cruising out of the Port of LA, which is in San Pedro.
The port is about 45 minutes away from Disneyland. If you are staying at one of the Disney hotels, you can get a shuttle from DLR to the port. Otherwise, there are shuttle services that are a little lower in cost that you can reserve.
There are hundreds of hotels within walking distance of Disneyland, so it really depends on your budget.
Disney is currently offering a 1 day tour of Los Angeles, which includes a studio tour. http://www.adventuresbydisney.com/no...dio-vacations/
Thank you Susiesark! I'll check out that link on the tour of LA. Thanks also for the info on the port and shuttle services.
__________________
Susie Rick's wife and Sadies mom Life is Very Very Good!

My next house will have no kitchen - just Vending machines and a large trash can.




Ricky's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #239
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran
 
Ricky's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I have not stayed at either. We have stayed at the Red Lion Hotel before and really loved it. I know that the Howard Johnson consistently gets good reviews.



If you are staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel (all hotels mentioned fall into this category), you can also take the DCL transfers. You just have to make your way to the Grand Californian.

Corinna
Corinna - Thank you! If I'm at a Good Neighbor hotel would I still make DCL ressies for shuttle transfers from the Grand Californian through the GNHotel or DCL?
I've got so much to learn!
__________________
Susie Rick's wife and Sadies mom Life is Very Very Good!

My next house will have no kitchen - just Vending machines and a large trash can.




Ricky's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #240
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran
 
Ricky's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 815

Wow! That graphic is amazing!
__________________
Susie Rick's wife and Sadies mom Life is Very Very Good!

My next house will have no kitchen - just Vending machines and a large trash can.




Ricky's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: