Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #226
janicebadgett
Earning My Ears

Kathymford,
Welcome. I hope you enjoy reading about the ports on the dis boards. I've gotten a ton of info on SF, Victoria, and vancouver.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
janicebadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #227
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Hi Neighbor!
Yay! One good thing about DCL being on the west coast is finding more locals!
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #228
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran

Help!!!!!

I've just booked this cruise and I am so out of my element! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but the first one on the west coast. Also we've been to Disney World almost yearly for over 30 years but I haven't been to Disneyland in over 25 years and my dh has never been. I need lots of help and advice from my fellow DISer's. :-)

Some initial questions I have are:

What port (city) will we be sailing out of?
How far is the port from DL?
Does Disney offer transportation from DL to the port?
Any hotel recomendations?
Lastly (for now) we want to do 3 days at DL and possibly a bus tour of LA - if we stay near DL can we pick up a bus tour locally?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I've got lots of homework to do.
Susie

My next house will have no kitchen - just Vending machines and a large trash can.

Ricky's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #229
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky's Girl View Post
I've just booked this cruise and I am so out of my element! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but the first one on the west coast. Also we've been to Disney World almost yearly for over 30 years but I haven't been to Disneyland in over 25 years and my dh has never been. I need lots of help and advice from my fellow DISer's. :-)

Lastly (for now) we want to do 3 days at DL and possibly a bus tour of LA - if we stay near DL can we pick up a bus tour locally?

Susie
I just wanted to say welcome on board. It is bedtime here now, but I will answer your questions tomorrow if nobody jumps in before.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #230
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I just wanted to say welcome on board. It is bedtime here now, but I will answer your questions tomorrow if nobody jumps in before.

Corinna
Thank you! I've spent the day going through the Disneyland forums and it looks like I will have weeks of research to do. I think I have at least narrowed it down to which airport we will be flying in to - John Wayne.

Is anyone familiar with the Anabella Hotel or the Fairfield Inn on South Harbor?

10 months away and I'm already so excited for this trip!

My next house will have no kitchen - just Vending machines and a large trash can.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:55 AM   #231
Kathymford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky's Girl

Thank you! I've spent the day going through the Disneyland forums and it looks like I will have weeks of research to do. I think I have at least narrowed it down to which airport we will be flying in to - John Wayne.

Is anyone familiar with the Anabella Hotel or the Fairfield Inn on South Harbor?

I'm a local to DL, but we have stayed at the Anabella Hotel. We really liked it there. The room was pretty big, I'll have to research what kind we booked. We only stayed there for one night. It's pretty popular though. I remember it being pretty busy up front when we were leaving.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #232
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Susie
I'll try to answer a few questions, and maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.
You'll be cruising out of the Port of LA, which is in San Pedro.
The port is about 45 minutes away from Disneyland. If you are staying at one of the Disney hotels, you can get a shuttle from DLR to the port. Otherwise, there are shuttle services that are a little lower in cost that you can reserve.
There are hundreds of hotels within walking distance of Disneyland, so it really depends on your budget.
Disney is currently offering a 1 day tour of Los Angeles, which includes a studio tour. http://www.adventuresbydisney.com/no...dio-vacations/
Old 08-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #233
dolphingirl47

Quote:

I have not stayed at either. We have stayed at the Red Lion Hotel before and really loved it. I know that the Howard Johnson consistently gets good reviews.

Quote:
I'll try to answer a few questions, and maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.
The port is about 45 minutes away from Disneyland. If you are staying at one of the Disney hotels, you can get a shuttle from DLR to the port. Otherwise, there are shuttle services that are a little lower in cost that you can reserve.
There are hundreds of hotels within walking distance of Disneyland, so it really depends on your budget.
Disney is currently offering a 1 day tour of Los Angeles, which includes a studio tour. http://www.adventuresbydisney.com/no...dio-vacations/
If you are staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel (all hotels mentioned fall into this category), you can also take the DCL transfers. You just have to make your way to the Grand Californian.

Corinna
Old 08-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #234
dolphingirl47

I thought I share this here. Blueyes87 on the Cruise Magnet thread made this graphic for me for this cruise:

I think it is really amazing.

Corinna
Old 08-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #235
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Very nice graphic!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #236
Kathymford

That is a fantastic graphic!!
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #237
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I'm a local to DL, but we have stayed at the Anabella Hotel. We really liked it there. The room was pretty big, I'll have to research what kind we booked. We only stayed there for one night. It's pretty popular though. I remember it being pretty busy up front when we were leaving.
Thank you Kathymford! The Anabella looks very nice and the price is right. I feel better about possibly booking it after hearing that you have stayed there and liked it.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #238
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you Susiesark! I'll check out that link on the tour of LA. Thanks also for the info on the port and shuttle services.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #239
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I have not stayed at either. We have stayed at the Red Lion Hotel before and really loved it. I know that the Howard Johnson consistently gets good reviews.

If you are staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel (all hotels mentioned fall into this category), you can also take the DCL transfers. You just have to make your way to the Grand Californian.

Corinna
Corinna - Thank you! If I'm at a Good Neighbor hotel would I still make DCL ressies for shuttle transfers from the Grand Californian through the GNHotel or DCL?
I've got so much to learn!

Old 08-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #240
Ricky's Girl
DIS Veteran

Wow! That graphic is amazing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: