Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #196
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneffect View Post
We just got back from our 1st cruise on the Fantasy in the Eastern Caribbean and we're hooked. We took advantage of the onboard booking and now we are going to be joining you guys in May 2013 on this cruise.

Our party includes Chad (spouse extraordinare), Gabby (7), Christian (4), and me (awesome mom deluxe). We booked the same category (9B) and loved it!

I'm hoping I can take advantage of this Meets board more this time than I did last. I am also really looking forward to meeting the Wonder

Charla

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #197
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
Welcome. There seem to be more and more of us that are doing B2B cruises with the first AK cruise.
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I've noticed how there are quite a few of us who will be doing B2B. These two cruises taken together just have such a great itinerary, I would find it really hard to decide between the two of them!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #198
Lucky Penny
Mouseketeer

We booked this cruise and the following one while we were on the Hawaii cruise - looking forward to it very much! These two will be our 6th and 7th cruises. We're on a 3-day Bahamian for Valentine's Day to get to Gold CC level. This will be me (Penny) and DH Bob. It's been 30+ years since the last time I saw San Francisco - anyone have good ideas for the two days there? All of the ports on this and the Alaska cruise will be new to us! Can't wait to meet you all :-)
Old 07-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #199
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Penny View Post
We booked this cruise and the following one while we were on the Hawaii cruise - looking forward to it very much! These two will be our 6th and 7th cruises. We're on a 3-day Bahamian for Valentine's Day to get to Gold CC level. This will be me (Penny) and DH Bob. It's been 30+ years since the last time I saw San Francisco - anyone have good ideas for the two days there? All of the ports on this and the Alaska cruise will be new to us! Can't wait to meet you all :-)
Welcome on board. We also booked those two cruises on the Hawaii cruise, but I don't think we have met.

Corinna
Old 07-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #200
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

I've lost track.....who all is going on this cruise and the 1st AK cruise?

I know we are.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #202
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:

I know we are.
Just booked the AK part while we were on PCC 3.0. Now to get Tracey working on getting us (Jeff & Val) the same cabin on both legs so we don't have to move.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #203
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know we are.
I looked into it, but the cost is twice as much as the repo cruise. And we will be missing some school already, so an additional week is out of the question. But it looks awesome so those of you that are going will have a blast!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #204
annichan

Quote:

I know we are.
Up until yesterday I would have said "we are", but now all of a sudden it seems like I may have trouble getting time off work for this cruise, so we may end up only doing the first Alaska one after all . Nothing is certain yet though (and probably won't be for quite a while - I wish my boss would just let me know for sure!), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

Old 07-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #205
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
Up until yesterday I would have said "we are", but now all of a sudden it seems like I may have trouble getting time off work for this cruise, so we may end up only doing the first Alaska one after all . Nothing is certain yet though (and probably won't be for quite a while - I wish my boss would just let me know for sure!), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
I keep my fingers crossed for you that you get your leave approved.

Corinna
Old 07-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #206
annichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I keep my fingers crossed for you that you get your leave approved.

Corinna
Thank you Corinna! Don't you all just hate it when you are really busy planning something, and all of a sudden something like this comes up? And you have to put all that planning on hold and just wait, wait, wait until you know whether it's all gonna happen at all? Arrrgh!

Old 07-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #207
dolphingirl47

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
Thank you Corinna! Don't you all just hate it when you are really busy planning something, and all of a sudden something like this comes up? And you have to put all that planning on hold and just wait, wait, wait until you know whether it's all gonna happen at all? Arrrgh!
Oh yes. This happened to me in 2010. I was put on enforced leave over Christmas 2009 which meant I did no longer have enough vacation time to go round to do both the Eastbound and the Westbound Transatlantic. I was going to do the Eastbound Transatlantic as a solo cruise as DH did not want to do it. In the end it worked out for the best as we both did the first Med cruise of the season. I was not really interested in a Med cruise, but figured I would be happy just being on the Magic, but I had an absolutely amazing time.

Corinna
Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #208
mrsa1993
Mouseketeer

Welcome to all of those who have joined us in the last couple of weeks. Everyday it gets a little closer.

Don't forget to join the facebook group for this cruise. PM for more information.

-Ann Marie
mrsa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #209
janicebadgett
Earning My Ears

Hi! My DH Barry and I (Janice) will be joining the cruise as well. This will be our 2nd DCL trip but our 1st without children. We're looking forward to exploring these west coast destinations!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
janicebadgett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #210
Lucky Penny
Mouseketeer

Hi Corinna, I don't think we have met before, but I'm looking forward to it! These will be our 6th and 7th Disney cruises. Hawaii was the 4th, and we booked a 3-day Valentine's Day 2013 on the Dream primarily to get to CC Gold level so we can prebook excursions on these :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: