Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Toria
DIS Veteran

My kids acted all reserve as well! I was the one shaking and smiling from ear to ear.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #17
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Oh I love this surprise trip! I can not wait to read more!!!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #18
spiiffy
Mouseketeer

I am following too! My DS who is 3 also has epilepsy "controlled" by meds. He was 1 1/2 on our first cruise and I was sooo nervous that he would have a bad seizure on the cruise (he didn't)! My son is on keppra and depaktoe.

December 2012: 14 night Panama Canal on the Wonder

April 2012: 7 night Mexican Riviera on the Wonder

June 2010: 5 night Bahamas on the Wonder

Disneyland Annual Pass Holder
spiiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
JJBEAN
Disney Lover!

Loving your TR and all your great money saving tips! Your family is adorable! Can't wait to hear more!

1999 - BW/Disney Magic (Honeymoon); 2001 - BC/Disney Wonder; 2005 - All-Star Movies/Pop;
2007 - Poly; 2008 - BWI; 2010 - BWI; 2011 - BC Villas; 2013 - Disney Fantasy & BC Villas; 2014 - Bay Lake Towers!!!; 2015 - Disney Fantasy!!!

JJBEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #21
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Love your TR! Can't wait to hear more of your $ saving tips as we just booked our 1st cruise

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #22
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Great boarding day!!!! Glad they were surprised!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #23
Glitzytraveller
Mouseketeer

Finally On Board!

Well, when I left off, we had just boarded the Dream. It was gorgeous! A CM told us that lunch was being served right then in Cabanas. Even though I knew that Enchanted Garden would be open soon, I was looking forward to eating at Cabanas and finding a few prime seats at the pool. Also, I knew that we would be eating dinner in Enchanted Garden that night. Side note: I had requested our dining rotation ahead of time and we got just what we asked for. Our rotation was ERAA. Also, when we booked we were given Second Dining and waitlisted for Main Dining. About a week before we sailed our Main Dining request was granted. We typically eat right at 5pm around here. So, Second Seating would've been rough.

Okay, back to where I left off... I took a picture of the gorgeous atrium chandelier. Stunning! Loved the Hidden Mickey's in it.

Then we headed up to Cabanas. My DD fell in love with Cabanas pizza station right away. When we went to it they didn't have cheese pizza yet. So, I asked if they had any and low and behold they had one hidden behind the counter. DD figured this out real quick and then spent every lunch for the rest of the week asking about the secret cheese pizza. DS found the massive peel and eat shrimp and he was in heaven.

After our lunch we found a great spot in front of Donald's Pool. Quickly we changed into our swim suits that we brought in our carryon luggage. Then it was off to ride the Aquaduck. Loved the Aquaduck!

Around 1:30 we made our way down one deck to our stateroom. The special rope keeping everyone out was still up and there were a ton of people waiting to get in. Once they took down the rope, we headed to our new home. Room 10006. This is where some of our Magical Moments began. On our fish clip was a note addressed to DD. It was from the Hotel Director welcoming her aboard. Interesting?!? DH and I immediately figured it had to do with the fact that Special Services had called about her special needs. There was no other explanation why she was singled out. Then when we went in the room there was a gorgeous fruit basket for DD! Very Cool .

After we checked out the room and the view from our balcony, I got busy decorating our door. The kids LOVED the decorations I made. So, did our cabin steward Lorentzo.

After that the kids just wanted to go back up to the pool. So, that's what we did. At 3:00 I wondered over to Senses Spa for their drawing. I don't know what I was thinking doing that since I never win drawings. And guess what, I still didn't win . Oh well. About that time I went back to round up the troops at the pool. DD had fallen in love with Mickey's Slide and had been on it about a dozen times already.

So, it was hard to get her to leave it. We went back to the room to drop off our stuff and head to the Walt Disney Theater for the muster drill. Since it had only been a week since the Italian Ship incident, I expected it to be taken very seriously by the guests. But, I was wrong. There was a man who looked to be in his early sixties drinking a beer and playing on his phone. Nice roll model Gramps!

After the muster we headed up to deck 12 for the Sail Away Party. They were handing out streamers and the music was rockin'. It really got you in the mood. I just love when they blow the horn. BTW, on Magic and Wonder, we all know that the horn plays "When you wish upon a star". Well, very appropriately, Dream plays "A Dream is a wish your heart makes". I think a little tear welled up as it always does when I hear the Disney horn.

We had told some friends and family back at home to watch our sail away on the Port Canaveral Web Cam. So, we found a nice spot up in the front on deck 13 and waved our streamers. Of course, we are those silly people on the cell phone asking "Do you see me?" And, they saw us!

After the sail away we rushed back to the room to get dressed for dinner. Tonight would be Enchanted Garden...

Past Trips:
Disney Wonder January 2013
Disney Dream Bahamas October 2012
Disney Dream Bahamas January 2012
NCL Epic Europe Cruise May 2011
NCL Pride of Aloha Hawaii Cruise June 2005
Disney Wonder Bahamas August 2000
Disney Big Red Boat Bahamas August 1992
Glitzytraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #25
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

yay! Looks like so much fun!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #26
spiiffy
Mouseketeer

That is so special for your daughter!

December 2012: 14 night Panama Canal on the Wonder

April 2012: 7 night Mexican Riviera on the Wonder

June 2010: 5 night Bahamas on the Wonder

Disneyland Annual Pass Holder
spiiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #27
Rachel52288
Earning My Ears

Love it

Can't wait to hear more!
Rachel52288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #28
mommy2mb
Mouseketeer

Joining in!!

mommy2mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #29
Babaorum
Earning My Ears

Great report. Please, keep going!
Babaorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #30
HawkeyeMickey77
Mouseketeer

We leave on Friday for WDW & board the Dream on Tuesday! Love your report & that it is getting me so excited for our trip. I'll be watching for more updates!
My 1st Trip to the World-1/90, EuroDisney-6/93, WDW (DH's 1st trip!)-9/05, 1 day @ Epcot-3/09, 1st visit with my boys to WDW-9/09, WDW Solo 9/10, Birthday trip & 1st time to DL-1/11, Pre-Cruise Stay @ ASMu & DCL Dream Cruise-3/12, WDW Marathon Trip/POR-1/13, & Booked on the DCL Fantasy 11/13!
HawkeyeMickey77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream, surprise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: