Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #106
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,867

You are going to LOVE POFQ! we were in bldg 4 on the back side...just steps away from the food court and better yet the BUS STOP!!! we were on the first floor too and never heard anyone above us!

are you going to book the carriage ride? the beniots are really good! the kids will love the pool...there's a baby one too!

hope you will get to see the lights and MVMCP!!!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:22 AM   #107
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,693

I think the beginning of November sounds like an awesome time to go. I've stayed at POFQ a couple times and I love that resort. It's really pretty and so easy to navigate.

Happy Trip Planning!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #108
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

A November trip sounds great!!! I've always wanted to go then, in hopes of overlapping the fall/winter decorations and events!

POFQ sounds like it will be a wonderful choice for you guys!! (And don't those beignets sound fabulous??) We've considered staying there a few times, and the smaller size, boat to DTD, and food options always sounded SO nice.
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #109
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran
 
tinacaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,780

November sounds great. No CSR???!!! I've been looking at it for July, but for some reason (huge convention, maybe?) they're all booked. POFQ looks beautiful, too, though and I can't wait to hear about your experiences there. Its so pretty.
__________________
CSR - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
BC - 2011, 2012, 2014
POLY - 2012
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #110
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,054

Your plans sound great. I was looking at the same week in Nov. in 2013 so that DD would have election day and Veteran's off. However since we are mainly going to see all the xmas stuff and that week is still early we might just do a long weekend in Dec. Luckily I have awhile to decide if I want more Disney time or more Disney decorations.


POFQ sounds lovely. We stayed at POR in 2010 and loved it! I walked over to FQ to try those beingets(sp?, it's too early to look it up) and the resort is just so pretty and small. I love that POFQ an POR have queen beds now and I can't wait to stay at either one in the future. Where the royal rooms at POR a consideration or have you stayed there before?
__________________
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #111
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,221

I hope the dates work so that you do get to see MVMCP and the Osborne lights. I still can't get over how awesome it was to see all those lights dancing to the music. I'm read to go back.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #112
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done
 
chloe770's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Small Wonder
Posts: 1,107

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Now that the July part of the trip has been revealed, lets talk November.

Why November? First, we thought about October. We really enjoyed being in WDW leading up to Halloween. We love MNSSHP. I kept reading all the info I could about the Fantasyland expansion. It is supposed to be done in October. What if we booked a trip and Fantasyland isn't open? I guess we could go the last week in October but there would be many days of school missed. Looking at Juliana's school schedule, she has Nov. 6th off for election day and she has Nov. 12th off for Veterans day. If we went this week, we could most likely fit in MVMCP (please Disney don't push the starting dates back) and possibly see the Osbourn Lights. We talked it over with our friends and it sounded good to them.

My thoughts exactly. That and SIL is a NJ teacher so those dates work well for her.

Dates- Melody, Juliana, Christopher, & I are going to fly down Friday Nov. 2 in the evening and stay until Mon. Nov. 12. For a 10 day trip she would miss 4 days of school. Both our other friends are going to arrive on Saturday Nov. 3 and leave on Sat. Nov. 10.

Where? This was a fun one! (I hope you're ready for this) I wanted to stay at CSR, but Melody didn't want to. Dave & Branda didn't want to stay at CBR (they just stayed there) Bill & Jamie didn't really care. So where did that leave us? Looking at POR & POFQ. We read all kinds of reviews and we thought staying at the smaller of the two would be better with the baby (who will be 15 months at the time) Not to mention I can eat beignets every day! We requested a first floor room near a courtyard.

We will be close for 2 days. Had to have a princess room for our 2 days of "girl time". I have never had beignets, so I'm thinking I will definitely be making the walk from POR to POFQ to give them a try.


Borrowed from the interweb

This would be a perfect spot for us.


Borrowed from the interweb


We have a while before we have to think about dining. I'm sure trying to coordinate three families for 7 days is going to be a challenge. I think I'll get into this a little more in depth in my next update.


More to come....
Looking forward to your dining choices. I have a few in mind but DH won't let me make too many.
__________________
chloe770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #113
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done
 
chloe770's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Small Wonder
Posts: 1,107

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Mark and I are still seriously thinking of switching our Disney trip to November or I'll never get a chance to meet the Princess and Prince. Why didn't Mel want to stay at the CSR? Did you guys look into points for a 2 or 3 bedroom villa? Or woul dthat much "closeness" be too much for you guys?

***Did you download that video or pictures?
I'm keeping an eye on this developing story. Would love to get a chance to say too since our paths didn't cross last trip.
__________________
chloe770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #114
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

I'm a POR kinda gal, but which ever of the 2 PO's you stay at, you will enjoy the boats to DTD and back! Much more relieable than buses. During the day they run every 20 minutes, and at night every 10!
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #115
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,917

Definitely enjoy the beignets! And take the walk down to POR while you're there. I think it's one of the more underrated and beautiful resorts. You'll enjoy the boat ride to DTD as well.

I hope you do catch the Christmas displays! One of these years I need to see that...
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #116
onelilspark
DIS Veteran
 
onelilspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 7,131

Yay FQ! It's my favorite!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #118
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
And started HER TR during the Super Bowl... just saying.... CONGRATS by the way on your team winning!

Did I yell at Kathy for starting during the superbowl... nooooooo.

Did she yell at me? Yeeeeeeeeess!

Thanks! It was a great win!

Quote:
I am so excited for your cruise!! It really is an AMAZING way to celebrate!!!
I think Juliana is going to love it!




Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

I this pic, so sweet...and I think a November trip sounds wonderful!!!
She looks like a toddler here... She is so grown up now.





Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
You are going to LOVE POFQ! we were in bldg 4 on the back side...just steps away from the food court and better yet the BUS STOP!!! we were on the first floor too and never heard anyone above us!
That sounds like a perfect spot for us!!! I was checking out your POFQ pics in your last update!

Quote:
are you going to book the carriage ride? the beniots are really good! the kids will love the pool...there's a baby one too!
I'm not sure about the carriage ride... if we do I'm sure it will just be the 4 of us. Is it a set charge or do they charge by the person?

Quote:
hope you will get to see the lights and MVMCP!!!
Now we have to sit and wait for the schedule...





Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think the beginning of November sounds like an awesome time to go. I've stayed at POFQ a couple times and I love that resort. It's really pretty and so easy to navigate.

Happy Trip Planning!
The only 'problem' with that week is it is Jersey Week. I hear it is a zoo... but we've been going at the beginning of March for the last few years and hitting the start of Spring Break Season. It can't be any worse than that... could it?
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #119
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
A November trip sounds great!!! I've always wanted to go then, in hopes of overlapping the fall/winter decorations and events!
If we arrived a few days early we could catch both the Halloween decor and the Christmas decor... maybe I'll add this to my bucket list.

Quote:
POFQ sounds like it will be a wonderful choice for you guys!! (And don't those beignets sound fabulous??) We've considered staying there a few times, and the smaller size, boat to DTD, and food options always sounded SO nice.
Any bets on how many days I eat beignets?

I am excited about the boat to DTD... not that we go there a lot but it will be nice to take a relaxing ride down the river.




Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
November sounds great. No CSR???!!! I've been looking at it for July, but for some reason (huge convention, maybe?) they're all booked. POFQ looks beautiful, too, though and I can't wait to hear about your experiences there. Its so pretty.
Well that was another reason we didn't book CSR (thanks for reminding me) It is showing no availability for our dates.

I wasn't too thrilled about POFQ before I started looking extensively through pictures. Now I'm pretty excited!





Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Your plans sound great. I was looking at the same week in Nov. in 2013 so that DD would have election day and Veteran's off. However since we are mainly going to see all the xmas stuff and that week is still early we might just do a long weekend in Dec. Luckily I have awhile to decide if I want more Disney time or more Disney decorations.
I'm hoping since it is so early we will have small crowds for MVMCP. Our last time at MNSSHP it was pretty packed. We were in WDW the first week of Dec. in 2010 and it wasn't horrible, but it was still busy.


Quote:
POFQ sounds lovely. We stayed at POR in 2010 and loved it! I walked over to FQ to try those beingets(sp?, it's too early to look it up) and the resort is just so pretty and small. I love that POFQ an POR have queen beds now and I can't wait to stay at either one in the future. Where the royal rooms at POR a consideration or have you stayed there before?
We have never stayed at POR or POFQ before. I am excited about the refurb and I hope they have the same mattresses as CSR has. Man those were comfortable!!!

I did look at the royal rooms but we were trying to keep the costs down. Our friends who we are traveling with stayed at POP (we did too) last March. So the price is already higher. Honestly, we don't spend too much time at the room so we figured we could spend our money somewhere else..

So, how were the beignets?





Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I hope the dates work so that you do get to see MVMCP and the Osborne lights. I still can't get over how awesome it was to see all those lights dancing to the music. I'm ready to go back.
I hear the first week of November is a beautiful time of year...

Now if I can only talk Barry into going then... I could cash in on my Dole Whips for life!!! Speaking of Barry, where is that chump?
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #120
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
My thoughts exactly. That and SIL is a NJ teacher so those dates work well for her.
Yes. Jersey week. I hope it isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

Quote:
We will be close for 2 days. Had to have a princess room for our 2 days of "girl time". I have never had beignets, so I'm thinking I will definitely be making the walk from POR to POFQ to give them a try.
A morning DIS meet perhaps????

Quote:
Looking forward to your dining choices. I have a few in mind but DH won't let me make too many.
We will definitely have to meet up! I bought the crowd calendar from touring plans. I think I'll post that in my next update.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
I'm keeping an eye on this developing story. Would love to get a chance to say too since our paths didn't cross last trip.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I'm a POR kinda gal, but which ever of the 2 PO's you stay at, you will enjoy the boats to DTD and back! Much more relieable than buses. During the day they run every 20 minutes, and at night every 10!
I can see us going to DTD 2 nights. Maybe the guys will have a night out by themselves then the ladies can have a night out. That could be fun!!!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Definitely enjoy the beignets! And take the walk down to POR while you're there. I think it's one of the more underrated and beautiful resorts. You'll enjoy the boat ride to DTD as well.
I plan on jogging every morning so I'll get to see POR!

Who am I kidding, I'm not jogging in WDW.

I am hoping and planning on a few days of down time so I do hope to get over to POR and explore a bit. Plus I do want to see YeeHaw Bob.

Quote:
I hope you do catch the Christmas displays! One of these years I need to see that...
We saw them in 2010... I know a lot of the resorts won't be decorated this early but I hope to see some decorations.




Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Yay FQ! It's my favorite!
Do you have pics in a TR... i forget. I need to go and look.





Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You had me at Beignets.

YUM!

POFQ will be lovely!!!!
You don't mess around do you?

I hope the beignets live up to the hype!
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.