Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #31
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

Not much happening on this thread I guess - we are still trying to decide between this cruise and a longer one with another cruise line that is about the same price. I really love Disney and can't make up my mind which one to take!
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #32
OADad
Earning My Ears

Hi All.

Very excited to report that we booked our airfare for the cruise. We will come in a week early and spend a couple of days in London and Paris before arriving in Barcelona.

I watched rates for a couple of weeks and then jumped when I saw a big drop in fares on British Airways.

Very excited. Now need to book some hotel rooms.

Anyone else nailing down their plans?

-Dan
OADad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #33
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

We wound up booking the one that leaves the next week, August 17. But haven't started looking at airfare yet.
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #34
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OADad View Post
Hi All.

Very excited to report that we booked our airfare for the cruise. We will come in a week early and spend a couple of days in London and Paris before arriving in Barcelona.

I watched rates for a couple of weeks and then jumped when I saw a big drop in fares on British Airways.

Very excited. Now need to book some hotel rooms.

Anyone else nailing down their plans?

-Dan
How were you able to book the return flight? I thought you couldn't book until 331 days in advance? I would like to do Paris before the cruise too. Where are you flying into and are you leaving from Barcelona to go home. I'm trying to work on my plans too.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #35
OADad
Earning My Ears

Most, but not all airlines seem to be available now.

If you search through Kayak, it will show you options available now. I ended up booking right through the BA website.

We are flying into London - will chunnel to Paris after a couple of days - then take the overnight Trenhotel to Barcelona a day prior to the cruise. We stay one more night post-cruise and then fly home early on the 18th (connecting through London).
Old 10-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #36
Nat Tucker
Mouseketeer

Really appreciate all the tips! May do just this. IF we flew into Paris or London, how far is that from the Barcelona port? another plane ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post
For those wanting to go to Paris .. just wander .. don't pay out for ABD!

Fly direct into Paris, get the underground to DisneyLand Paris (DLP), Eiffel Tower, Riverboat cruises .... to name but a few. It's so easy to get around.

Or, fly into London (Gatwick or Heathrow), then get the Eurostar from London all the way to Paris .. it s passenger train which goes under the channel .. very fast and very comfortable.

Use your DVC points to stay at DLP perhaps?

We're also on this cruise .. have cruised Disney in the Med in 2010, 2011 and now 2013.

One more tip ..... last year, I organised a private tour of Rome. The company I used was recommended by the DVC staff as they had been on a Med cruise a few months previously. They were fantastic ... we had 42 in the end, toured in 7 seater luxury mini vans, got dropped off at the door of each attraction and had the best day ever. Find them here ... www.yourtourinitaly.com ... the owner is called Aldo.

I can't get on here much due to my work being busy, but I'll pop on as much as I can to see if anyone needs help. I'm pretty sure Heather will help too ... 2 Brits who can hopefully help out a little!!

Best wishes

Joa

• Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal December 2012
  • Dream DVC Member Cruise Bahamas September 2012
  • Dream Bahamas April 2012
  • Magic Eastern Caribbean October 2011
  • Wonder Bahamas December 2010
Proud DVC Member since 2011 | Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Nat Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #37
Nat Tucker
Mouseketeer

I might just do this Chunnel and Trenhotel. Sounds like a great idea!

Last edited by Nat Tucker; 10-01-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: forgot the quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #38
Nat Tucker
Mouseketeer

I might just do this chunnel and trenhotel. sounds like a great plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OADad View Post
Most, but not all airlines seem to be available now.

If you search through Kayak, it will show you options available now. I ended up booking right through the BA website.

We are flying into London - will chunnel to Paris after a couple of days - then take the overnight Trenhotel to Barcelona a day prior to the cruise. We stay one more night post-cruise and then fly home early on the 18th (connecting through London).

Old 10-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #39
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat Tucker View Post
Really appreciate all the tips! May do just this. IF we flew into Paris or London, how far is that from the Barcelona port? another plane ride?
You can fly from either London or Paris to Barcelona, or get the Eurostar from London to Paris. The Chunnel is a train that takes cars, whereas the Eurostar is for passengers only .. both are very quick and convenient, but only the Eurostar is for passengers and goes from London (Chunnel goes from Ashford in Kent).

The Eurostar goes direct to Marne-Le-Valle which is at the doorstep of the DisneyLand Paris park. It takes around 40 mins to get from there to the city of Paris should you want to visit there.

The UK has low cost airlines which would take you from London to BCN direct ... Easyjet is a popular one and the one we use (have just booked our flights for this cruise). It's no frills, queue up and rush for seats together, but it's only 2 hours to BCN from London so not too bad if you have to sit separately.

Hope that helps!

We're booked onto the 4 night cruise prior to this one too ... thought it would be nice to have an extended holiday. Nice and easy as we live in Europe!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #40
Nat Tucker
Mouseketeer

This helps immensely! Thanks bats!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #41
OADad
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=bats;46511796]The Chunnel is a train that takes cars, whereas the Eurostar is for passengers only .. both are very quick and convenient, but only the Eurostar is for passengers and goes from London (Chunnel goes from Ashford in Kent).

Thanks for the clarification on this! I had thought that the Chunnel was only the slang name of the Channel Tunnel, and was using it above as synonomous with the Eurostar (which I now realize was a mistake).

In any event, we plan to fly to London about a week prior to the cruise - and then take a couple of trains (Eurostar and then Elipsos, I believe) down to Barcelona.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #42
Ms Sleepy
Earning My Ears

We are also going on this Cruise it will be out first Cruise and who better to go with but DCL. It will be myself DH and DD aged 12.

ME DH DD 12

05/24/09 - 06/07/09 Port Orleans Riverside

08/05/11 - 08/26/12 Port Orleans Riverside
Ms Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #43
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sleepy
We are also going on this Cruise it will be out first Cruise and who better to go with but DCL. It will be myself DH and DD aged 12.
Welcome aboard!! You're certainly starting with a beautiful ship and a great itinerary!
Are you flying direct to BCN ( Barcelona) or visiting more of Europe beforehand?
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #44
Nat Tucker
Mouseketeer

FE?

I know its early but would anyone be interested in participating in FE exchange? I'll start the list and share with all if anyone is up for it. You can PM your name, DISboard name and room number. I'll share with those who participate.

Natalie

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 11-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #45
CBEB
We're ready to do it again!
So far, we've managed to sprinkle lots of pixie dust

Hi Everyone!

DH, DD16 and I will be joining you I've been to Italy and Monaco a zillion years ago, but neither DH nor DD have ever been to that part of Europe. This will be Disney Cruise #9 for us

We're also doing the ABD add-on - our 3rd adventure. We did a cruise combo in Alaska and were so glad we decided to splurge - they are definitely pricey. We saw and did SO MUCH MORE than those that were just on the cruise and relying on the DCL excursions. I haven't looked that closely on this Med cruise, but on the Alaska cruise the ABD price was within $100 of the pricing for the indivdual excursions offered to the same places/activities. PLUS, there is no way you can do all of them except with ABD. Since you're in a small group, it's easy for them to get us to many more sights at each port than we could do on our own. Since we don't plan to go back to Alaska (and probably not the Med), we want to maximize the experience.

FE? Absolutely count us in It's so much fun coming back to the Stateroom to see what little surprises are waiting for us in our FE! DD and I also have a blast plannnig our gifts!
WDW 2002 Wilderness Lodge, DCL 2003 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2004 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2005 7-Day Western, DCL 2006 7-Day Western, WDW 2007 Caribbean Beach, DCL 2008 15-Day WB Repo, DCL 2009 7-Day Tortola, DCL 2011 5-Day DREAM, DCL/ABD 2011 7-Day Alaska, ABD/HKDL 2012 12-Day China, Aulani 2014
CBEB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: