Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #211
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Liz, we're going to miss you! You have such a good attitude in handling your disappointment. Hope to see you another time!
Island Princess July 2011 - Alaska
Disney Fantasy June 2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic August 2013 - Mediterranean

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
texasgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #212
GW45
Mouseketeer

All packed- better get to bed for a quick 3 1/2 hrs sleep. Have to be up at 3.30 as we have a 6.30am flight to Barcelona. See you all on the other side

GW45 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #213
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Off the ship and resting at the hotel in Barcelona. Had a terrible cold and meds knocked me out so napped instead of getting out and about. I think my body was trying to tell me -- enough already!

I wanted to thank everyone in the FE group. This was my first time to do it and my girls were delighted to come to our room and find little (and not so little) gifts. "Why didn't we do this before, mom?" "Thanks for signing us up!"

The collapsible water bottles toured Italy with us. They loved the signed frames. The packets of candy are going to work with me so I can extend the magic just a bit more and the planning box will get to good use as my mother in law is taking the girls on a 4 night cruise on the magic out of Galveston on New Year's Eve. The girls want to do FEs again but I'll have to do the coordinating.

Trip report will be forthcoming after we get back to Texas.

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
Old 08-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #214
GW45
Mouseketeer

Hi JoAnn!
Glad you're resting- I'm a bit bleary eyed with tiredness after our early start and sad to be off the ship. You'll be glad to know your cooling neck wraps made it home in our luggage without any questions asked..... That's about the only good thing about our trip home!
After the 6.15 alarm call and rushed breakfast in Topsiders we were off the ship just after 7 and straight into a taxi and at Aer Lingus check in by 7.20 (first in line).......where we waited, and waited for it to open. By 8 am the three other Irish families I recognised from the ship had joined the line and when there were about 50 people in line the check in staff came along and informed us they wouldn't be opening for 20 mins. For the next 2 and a half hours they just chatted, looking at the ever growing crowd of people lining up to check in, were obviously joking about us in Spanish- whenever anyone approached the desk they s******ed '5 minutes, 5 minutes' - their systems appeared to be down, or they may have been on strike or a 'go slow' action but there were no announcements made or any info given. We expected to be waiting at the airport if the disembarkation and taxi went smoothly but figured we'd be shopping in duty free or sitting down having coffee in the departure area but this was infuriating- there was nowhere to sit , with lots of elderly people standing for 2 and 3/4 hrs. They eventually checked us in at 10 and the flight was late leaving. The Aer Lingus crew apologised for the way the Barcelona airport staff had treated us and also apologised for the plane's appearance as the contract cleaners in Barcelona airport had gone on strike!

After such a lovely cruise it was maddening to have such an irritable trip home but at least it was a short flight ( before we had another long wait for luggage!! At that stage it was all laughable!)

Thanks so much to the FE families for all the lovely gifts, the kids got a great kick out of finding surprises in our ( giant ) FE and the lollipops and jellies made the long airport ordeal a bit easier ! Hope you all get home safely
GW45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #215
kel585
Earning My Ears

Hi all, we're also happy to be home after our crazy day of travel, it was a shame because our whole trip had gone perfectly up until our travel home, but we all go here in the end!

Thanks all for your lovely FE gifts too! It was also our first time to participate and we loved it! I kinda loved the panic of leaving the gift in the FE without being caught, it made all the kids giggle to try quietly put the gift in an then run as fast as they could!

Hope you all enjoyed you're cruise as much as we did!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #216
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

We're home again and it's back to work!

I'm starting my trip report -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128

Old 08-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #217
1travelgirl
Earning My Ears

The FE gifts were great and came in handy on several occasions. Thanks everyone!
1travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: