Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #196
GreenAcres
I'm not from the South, but I got here as fast as I could.

When our activity booking window opened we did that wake-up-and-book-at-midnight thing. Not sure if it really helped (or if it's just coincidence) but we got all the spa treatments and Palo ressies we wanted. We'll be eating a late-ish Palo dinner on Tuesday and an 11:00 brunch on the 16th for DD's 23rd b-day. Spa visits for everybody! I'm in serious need of this vacation!!!!!

Getting closer! We leave next Thursday!!!!! Woot!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #197
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAcres View Post
We'll be eating a late-ish Palo dinner on Tuesday and an 11:00 brunch on the 16th for DD's 23rd b-day.

Getting closer! We leave next Thursday!!!!! Woot!
We have Palo brunch on the 16th as well for 10 a.m.

It's exciting to see the countdown say just one week and four days!
Island Princess July 2011 - Alaska
Disney Fantasy June 2012 - Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic August 2013 - Mediterranean

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
texasgirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #198
Magic 2013
Earning My Ears

Isroka21, if you are looking for Ideas for Barcelona, the Rick Steves' guide book has a bunch of great ideas with descriptions to help you select what might interest you in the city.

We are arriving in Barcelona on Aug 8th and staying at the Hilton Diagonal Mar we plan on going to the beach near the hotel and check out the area near our hotel for that day because we will be shot from the time change.

On the ninth we are planning on doing the HOHO bus, checking our the Rambles walking tour and going to Sagrada Família.

On the tenth we checkout of the hotel and go to the ship for lunch.
Magic 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #199
RadiGoofy
Earning My Ears

Can't wait. First Mediterranean cruise!
RadiGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #200
RadiGoofy
Earning My Ears

Headed to Europe for first time with our kids and grandma and grandpa too! Super excited. Getting a little nervous about the overseas airline travel, but we have been on Disney Cruises in the USA before and feel very comfortable about the cruise itself. Can't decide which port we are looking forward to the most. But I think the kids want lots of gelato and pizza in port.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #201
RadiGoofy
Earning My Ears

Barcelona

Hello,

We are spending 1 day pre/post cruise in Barcelona. Any suggestions for must-have food stops in Barcelona? Thanks.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #202
lsroka21
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic 2013 View Post
Isroka21, if you are looking for Ideas for Barcelona, the Rick Steves' guide book has a bunch of great ideas with descriptions to help you select what might interest you in the city.

We are arriving in Barcelona on Aug 8th and staying at the Hilton Diagonal Mar we plan on going to the beach near the hotel and check out the area near our hotel for that day because we will be shot from the time change.

On the ninth we are planning on doing the HOHO bus, checking our the Rambles walking tour and going to Sagrada Família.

On the tenth we checkout of the hotel and go to the ship for lunch.
@Magic 2013 - those sound similar to some thoughts we had. We might take the tram up to Tibadabo and explore around there - the views are supposed to be superb. Will look for a copy of Rick Steves' guide book to Barcelona this weekend (or maybe see if I can get it on my Nook to read on the plane on the way over).

I think we are going to check out the outside of Sagrada Familia but skip inside - read it wasn't worth the 15 Euros each to see the inside. Has anyone been inside? Thoughts???

We are staying in the other Hilton prior to the cruise and the Hilton Diagonal few days after the cruise. Let me know if you find other good sounding places.

Maybe we'll see you on the cruise, if we don't run into you ahead of time in Barcelona. :-)
lsroka21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #203
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsroka21 View Post

I think we are going to check out the outside of Sagrada Familia but skip inside - read it wasn't worth the 15 Euros each to see the inside. Has anyone been inside? Thoughts???
We have tickets for touring the Sagrada Familia -- the reviews I've read for the most part say it's amazing. 60 Minutes did a segment on it not so long ago -- it may be on their website.

For me, it's sort of a personal quest. I'm not Catholic (I'm Episcopalian) but I sat down in the very modern chapel at our diocesan retreat center and it just hit me that I needed to see the great cathedrals of Europe. Sagrada Familia is supposed to be a chance to see a great cathedral in progress.

JoAnn

Magic in the Mediterranean trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3161128
Old 07-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #204
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Sorry for any confusion .. that was me who put about a shortened visit in Naples, but I did mean our own personal trip and not the ship!!

We've done 2 Med DCL cruises before so will not be getting off very much, but we'll look after the ship for you all.

We board this Tuesday for the 4 nighter, so we'll see you a little while after that
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #205
texasgirl29
Mouseketeer

Since we'll all be meeting in just a week or so, I thought I'd post a photo so you can be on the look out for us! This was taken (obviously) in Alaska two years ago.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #206
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl29 View Post
Kinda weird but I got an email from Ticketmaster this morning saying there were technical problems with the pdf I previously received and printed out for Sagrada Familia.

I printed out the new ones and took the old ones, taped them together. I'll bring both sets as well as the email. I'm just a little paranoid about not having the authentic printout.
GOOD PLAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdmom View Post
I have not been able to print my pdf at all. I emailed customer service and they said to try in 3-4 more days, which didn't work again. Yesterday, I just emailed Ticketmaster again. I am hoping to be going on Aug 9th at 11:00.
Quote:
Our ticket time is 10 am on the 9th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdmom View Post
There are 12 of us in our group -- the 10 English group was full.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsroka21 View Post
Quote:
We have tickets for touring the Sagrada Familia -- the reviews I've read for the most part say it's amazing. 60 Minutes did a segment on it not so long ago -- it may be on their website.

For me, it's sort of a personal quest. I'm not Catholic (I'm Episcopalian) but I sat down in the very modern chapel at our diocesan retreat center and it just hit me that I needed to see the great cathedrals of Europe. Sagrada Familia is supposed to be a chance to see a great cathedral in progress.

JoAnn

YES IT IS AMAZING. THE INSIDE IS AMAZING TOO. THERE IS SYMBOLISM ALL OVER. Our Transatlantic DCL cruise in 2010 was chosen since it had Barcelona as a port of call so we could go to Sagrada. We did a DCL excursion. I have been following the construction progress and wanted to see it so we booked the Inaugural Venice-Dubrovnik Cruise this year with a pre-cruise day in Barcelona so we could see it. We got headsets with prerecorded English info and made our own tour at our own pace. I am not Catholic either--Presbyterian--but this is a structure built to honor God and it has fascinated me for DECADES. To be able to see it in person was beyond belief. I never thought I would ever see it, so never even had it on a bucket list. Then DH got me there twice!

We got strange print outs for Sagrada too so took them with us. It seemed there was some possibility that we could get tickets at a ticket master booth but the one we found in Barcelona only had English instructions in the first few screens, so with trepidation we went to Sagrada with the printouts from home.

I saw a LONG LINE so I asked a security guard and he showed me what window to go to at our appointed time. The lady there said that the ATMs do not work, we had done the right thing and here were the tickets. One did not work in the turnstyle so she gave us another.

Crazy system but everyone was very nice.
ENJOY!!

We had a great time on the June 27-July 9 Inaugural Cruise to Venice and Dubrovnik

(They had Venice shirts that were either polo shirts or button down short sleeved shirts but in a Mediterranean orange. I don't wear orange well but now I kind of wish I had gotten them. But keep reminding myself they were orange. And tell myself that I sure did not want to pay full price............
Now....... ....if there was an outlet for DCL items..... )

HAVE A GREAT TIME

Jan

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!

Last edited by JLSE50; 08-05-2013 at 10:32 PM.
JLSE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #207
Twin mummy
Earning My Ears

Planes the movie

It get its premiere on the magic this Thursday, so will be showing when we are on it.
My son will be excited!!
They still don't know we are cruising yet
Twin mummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #208
CBEB
We're ready to do it again!
So far, we've managed to sprinkle lots of pixie dust

I'm so very sad to say that we've had a medical emergency today and have to cancel our cruise. However, I'm glad we were still at home (set to leave later today!) when this happened.

Have a wonderful cruise, everyone! We'll be thinking of all of you!
WDW 2002 Wilderness Lodge, DCL 2003 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2004 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2005 7-Day Western, DCL 2006 7-Day Western, WDW 2007 Caribbean Beach, DCL 2008 15-Day WB Repo, DCL 2009 7-Day Tortola, DCL 2011 5-Day DREAM, DCL/ABD 2011 7-Day Alaska, ABD/HKDL 2012 12-Day China, Aulani 2014
CBEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #209
GW45
Mouseketeer

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that- hope you're all okay? It's too bad that you had to cancel but better now than if you were en route to Barcelona.
Hopefully the situation will be resolved and you can reschedule your cruise at some stage. Take care!

(I'll leave a note with the other FE people in case some are already travelling and don't get to log on to Disboards before the cruise).
GW45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #210
CBEB
We're ready to do it again!
So far, we've managed to sprinkle lots of pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW45 View Post
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that- hope you're all okay? It's too bad that you had to cancel but better now than if you were en route to Barcelona.
Hopefully the situation will be resolved and you can reschedule your cruise at some stage. Take care!

(I'll leave a note with the other FE people in case some are already travelling and don't get to log on to Disboards before the cruise).
Thanks for letting the other FE people know. Nothing life-threatening - grateful for that - and definitely thankful that we had not started our travel (we were suppose to fly this afternoon). We're all very sad to miss this but we know there will be another chance sometime in the future.

Have a fantastic cruise!
WDW 2002 Wilderness Lodge, DCL 2003 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2004 7-Day Eastern, DCL 2005 7-Day Western, DCL 2006 7-Day Western, WDW 2007 Caribbean Beach, DCL 2008 15-Day WB Repo, DCL 2009 7-Day Tortola, DCL 2011 5-Day DREAM, DCL/ABD 2011 7-Day Alaska, ABD/HKDL 2012 12-Day China, Aulani 2014
CBEB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: