Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
Jessika
'Nobody tells me. Nobody keeps me informed. I make it seventeen days come Friday since anybody spoke to me.' - Eeyore

7678 on the Dream??

Hi all! I am booked on 7678 on the Fantasy for December 22-29 2012. I am so excited for my first cruise with my boys. I think my room is in a great location, but find no one has reviewed it on the Dream yet? Any of you ever stayed there? I would love to hear thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

We haven't stayed in this room yet but I have it booked for our November, 2013 sailing on the Fantasy. I think the location looks great too and I like that it is a nonconnecting room. If you don't get any responses, please let me know what you think of this room once you return from your cruise.

Thanks!

Upcoming Trips:
Polynesian ~ August 1-August 4, 2014 (Just me and DH )
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern Cruise ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
Jessika
'Nobody tells me. Nobody keeps me informed. I make it seventeen days come Friday since anybody spoke to me.' - Eeyore

Was starting to wonder

LOL. I'm so glad someone else saw the good potential this stateroom has. I will definitely be posting a review when I get back. I am so thankful for the information I have found here, I will be paying it forward. I really hope someone has sailed in this room on the Dream though and can tell us if it's as good as it sounds.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
SnowWhitee
Luv 2 vacation with the Mouse

We have 7678 for the Fantasy on 5/26/12

I would like to know too! We have that room at the end of May

Me DH DD12 DD10

WL, May 2006 (1st trip ever for me, DH and kids at Flower & Garden Festival!)
WL, Dec 2006 (1st MVMCP)
WL, Oct 2007 (1st MNSSHP)
SSR, June 2008 (10th Anniversary)
WL, March 2009 (Grandpa's 1st trip and Flower & Garden Festival)
CSR and WL, Dec 2009
CSR and WL, Oct 2010 (2nd MNSSHP)
POFQ & WL, Dec 2011
1st Cruise! May/June 2012 Mickey's Memorial Day Fantasy, Eastern
POFQ, Oct 2013 (3rd MNSSHP)
2nd Cruise! March 2014 Fantasy, Western
SnowWhitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
stitchy626
Living the Dream in 2011

I stayed in 7679 right across the hall. I loved the location. It was very quiet and loved having the elevators and stairs so close. I found myself using the stairs quite a bit since it was only 4 flights up to Cabanas/pool and only 4 down to the lobby. I seemed a perfect way to work off some of that eye scream. For my DD the walk to and from the Vibe was quite long but nothing that ruined her trip.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
tastefullyjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Hi all! I am booked on 7678 on the Fantasy for December 22-29 2012. I am so excited for my first cruise with my boys. I think my room is in a great location, but find no one has reviewed it on the Dream yet? Any of you ever stayed there? I would love to hear thoughts. Thanks in advance.
looks like a great room... ppl say that aft is better than forward for "movement" but on the dream we felt nothing and we were fwd.

What I like about decks 6 (where we stay) and 7 , is that you are an easy up and down to everywhere you want to be! PLUS in your location you won't end up accidently in the adult area like us toward the front of the ship. (the fwd elevators empty into the adult area).

Good job!
tastefullyjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
shoes99
DIS Veteran

We will be in 7680 on the May 19th, 2012 Eastern on the Fantasy. Its a good location. Our stateroom has the obstruction but we are used to cat 7's so thats OK with us. We like aft. We have been on the DREAM so going on the Fantasy won't be a surprise for us.

shoes99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #8
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

We stayed in 7673 and really liked it. It was quiet (I had no idea that "aft" rooms are supposed to be noisier- it was my first cruise and I only found this out afterwards), plus it was really close to the stairs and elevators.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
Jessika

Thanks Everyone!

Thank you everyone for all your reports on the area. I'm glad it seems to be a good choice. I don't know what I would do without this board satisfying all my curiousity. Probably get more work/homework done.

SnowWhitee, it would be absolutely awesome if you come back after your cruise and write a trip report or at least a stateroom report since that room hasn't been reviewed yet. I'm hoping it will get done before your cruise even. For now, I am content with just knowing it's a good location.

Again! You guys are all Awesome!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
Jessika

BUMPING!!! Is it too much to hope that SOMEONE.. Anyone has stayed in this room lately? I'm a firm believer in no news is good news, but find it so creepy that I can't seem to find a single review of this stateroom. HELP!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
BUMPING!!! Is it too much to hope that SOMEONE.. Anyone has stayed in this room lately? I'm a firm believer in no news is good news, but find it so creepy that I can't seem to find a single review of this stateroom. HELP!
I KNOW! I guess the room attracts non-DISers. But I thought it looked like a great spot, so I booked it specifically!

We'll be in 7678, sailing the Dream 04/29! So I'll be happy to report back here (and post on the DIS Stateroom Reports page), around the 2nd or 3rd wk of May.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
cjlvsccm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
scootch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy626 View Post
I stayed in 7679 right across the hall. I loved the location. It was very quiet and loved having the elevators and stairs so close. I found myself using the stairs quite a bit since it was only 4 flights up to Cabanas/pool and only 4 down to the lobby. I seemed a perfect way to work off some of that eye scream. For my DD the walk to and from the Vibe was quite long but nothing that ruined her trip.
We were in 7677. It is a good location. We also had a midship room(did a B2B cruise) and the only disadvantage to the aft room was some noise when docking was nonexistent midship, but lots of vibration and noise in the aft. Also the aft just had more overall movement than midship. If I couldn't get midship, then I would be fine staying there again. Had I not stayed midship prior to the aft room, I may not have noticed it as much.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #13
Jessika

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

THank you thank you guys!! I am starting to worry that it's some sort of bermuda triangle and people never survive to review it.

I know it's just a minor detail, but will be very glad to have finally read a review about 'my' room. Now watch.. you will review it in May, and then I will get a magic pixie dust upgrade and THAT room won't have been reviewed..
Old 05-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

LONG room report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlvsccm View Post
I KNOW! I guess the room attracts non-DISers. But I thought it looked like a great spot, so I booked it specifically!

We'll be in 7678, sailing the Dream 04/29! So I'll be happy to report back here (and post on the DIS Stateroom Reports page), around the 2nd or 3rd wk of May.
Well, I'm back as promised!!

I don't think anyone could be disappointed with this room!! I don't have pix loaded yet, but it looks just like what others have posted for this category. I'll share all the physical and ambient details I can think of, and will gladly answer any questions. Sorry if it's too much info, but details are my thing. And all the details I got from here helped me in my vacation planning as a first-time cruiser!!

Door opens to the right, with a slot for your keycard just inside, which activates the 2 light switches there. There are double closets on the right. The life jackets are stored on the top shelf in the closet. One closet has the room safe and "shoe shelves" below knee-high, the other closet just has the shelves. Just at the end of the closet is a counter with ice bucket and glasses, shelves above and 3 drawers below.

The separate toilet and tub rooms are immediately to the left as you open the door. Watch your step into and out of either of them, it's raised like a bulkhead. (I guess it's like that on all cruise ships, but this was our first time and it hadn't occurred to me it would be that way.) Light switches for them are outside the bathrooms between the 2 doors. There is a shelf on the wall above the toilet, and 2 shelves on the wall left of the sink.

There are little hooks in both rooms, but they stick straight out (not at an angle), so I had to get creative to keep my clothes from sliding off! I did use one hook for the hanging accessory pockets I brought, but I found I really didn't need it! There are plenty of shelves, so I packed it away on the second day. One shelf to the left side of the mirror in the tub room, and 2 on the right. And the mirror in there has a built-in magnified mirror section, about 5 inches round!

The round tub/shower really worked well for us! There is enough room to shower comfortably, either with the rainshower head in the ceiling center, or maneuver around with the hand-held. It was easy to figure out how to adjust the height up and down the rod that holds the shower head. There is reduced headroom, but DH is 5'11.5" and said he had no problem or felt cramped while showering. YMMV!

I found the bumped-out bench seat was perfect to sit for shaving my legs!! (even for a large lady like myself, plenty of room!) The water control is over the bench area... try it before you are standing under the shower!! One direction of the knob turns on the tub spout, another direction the center overhead, and another for the hand-held. It never took more than a few seconds for the temp to get just right before stepping in. Oh, and there are 3 or 4 decent built-in shelves above the spout, for all your soap/bodywash/shampoo/razors/etc.

The bed is SOoooooo comfy, it was hard to get up every day ! And it seemed more spacious than our queen bed at home, I wonder if it really is oversized? Doesn't seem longer, like a California Queen size though. There is a lamp sconce on the wall on each side, and a light switch in easy reach. The alarm clock is on the left side, and there is an extra outlet below that shelf. Hubby plugged in his CPAP machine there, and we never needed the extension power strip we brought. The right side shelf has the phone, but I found no power outlets over there.

The privacy divider is hooked back next to the bed, so you can undo it and close it off from the seating area. Just past the curtain is a blue sofa (which makes a bed if you need it). It was pretty comfy for sitting, and I do believe DH had a nap there one day! Above it is the pull-down bed, but we never got to see it. Straight across from the sofa is the desk/counter. There is a large mirror in the center, with outlets and light switches just below. One switch controls the light over the mirror, and another for potlights in the ceiling. If you hold that switch down, it will dim them down and up!! (don't remember seeing that info before )

The tv is on the right as you look at the mirror, so it is easy to tilt for viewing from the bed or from the sofa. We liked to put it on the "Report from the Bridge" channel, to see where we were on the map, our speed, and wind speed... which we had A LOT OF!

There is a single 220v outlet that is marked for the hairdryer. I'm very glad I knew one was provided so I didn't have to pack my own!! It was stored in a canvas bag the top drawer, and comes with a diffuser attachment (which I do use). Contrary to many reports, I didn't have any problem sitting at the desk to use it at the mirror, either... to me it's more preferred than in the steamy shower room or standing at the toilet. I just kept my hair stuff in that same drawer.

Speaking of, there are 3 drawers to the left of the chair, and the lower cabinet to the right holds the refrigerator. We stored our bottled water and canned ginger ale (which we brought aboard, thank goodness!!), and cartons of milk which we picked up at Cabanas (which we like to have before bed). There is an upper cabinet with 3 shelves on each side of the mirror.

This room will hold only 4 people in beds, as there is no Murphy. The space where it would be is at the end of the desk counter at the end of the right side wall, but instead there was a trunk there. We used that to store our souvenir purchases out of the way. There is another comfy chair between the sofa and the window.

Finally we get to the fabulous porthole! It was plenty enough room for us both to look out at the same time, or for one to sit and take it all in... and take pictures! The seat padding is thick and comfortable. The curtain rolls all the way back to the right, and the sheer is on a separate track. At times in port, if we had to change clothes, we just pulled the sheer over the window to keep the light.

Well that should cover the physical details. Our stateroom host was Sana, and he was a joy! Always remembered our names when we saw him in the hall, very friendly, and did a great job keeping the room impeccable. Seems like he must have serviced the room 3-4 times a day! And the towel animals he left for us were always a fun surprise (even though I'd seen them all on the DIS ). We were glad to share an extra tip for him, in addition to our prepaid amount. If he is still working the same area whenever you sail in this room, you'll love him!

And the location worked great too! The room is not far from the aft elevators/stairs, and we took the stairs most of the time. Being that this is our only experience cruising, I couldn't say if we had more movement/ vibration than another area of the ship... also, because we had a seriously bumpy ride on the first 2 nights. Had 60mph winds the morning we came in to Nassau!! We never had any stomach upset, and didn't know of anyone else that did, but I felt almost dizzy from all the rocking. Never took any meds for it, but did put down the ginger ale just in case!!

Altogether, it was a great experience! I wouldn't hesitate to choose this room again. No lack of storage space, especially since it was just us two. We didn't find it was too far from anyplace, even to the forward theaters. Just took me a bit to learn the best route to wherever... DH figured that out easily, though, so I just followed him.

I'll be back tomorrow to answer questions, if anyone thinks of anything!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip

Last edited by cjlvsccm; 05-07-2012 at 05:23 PM.
cjlvsccm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Hi, I just saw this thread, and you may already have your answers, but I had this cabin # 7678 on the Dream on 3/27/12 cruise. We loved it, nice size, great windows. We liked it so much we booked it for the Fantasy in 2013.

Loved the round shower! And I liked the aft location too, as we usually stay mid or forward, so it was a nice change.

If you still need pictures let me know and I'll post some tomorrow.

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: