Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #1456
DisneyManFamily4
Mouseketeer

Stateroom assignments are up!!

No major upgrade for me, but at least we're next to our traveling companions!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #1457
slg
DIS Veteran

Has anyone without a gty been upgraded? Meaning did you already have a room assigned and then received an upgrade.

I don't think this happens much but man it would be nice!
DCL MAGIC NY to Bahamas July 20-28,2012
DCL DREAM Cruise Dec. 18-22, 2011
WDW. POR Dec. 2011
DCL WONDER Alaska Cruise July 12-19, 2011
DCL MAGIC Baltic Cruise July 6-18, 2010
ABD Ireland July 22, 2009
DCL MAGIC Mexican Riviera June 1-8 2008
DCL MAGIC Eastern April 28-May 5, 2007
WDW-POR April 2007
DCL MAGIC Western May 6-13, 2006
WDW-POR Apr 2006
WDW-All Star Movies 1999
DL-1989,1990,1994,1997,2004,2007,2008,2009,2011,2013
slg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #1458
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slg View Post
Has anyone without a gty been upgraded? Meaning did you already have a room assigned and then received an upgrade.

There are still Oceanview and Balconies available so it is possible. Keep hoping. I picked a room based on reviews,location etc so do not even really want one. Good luck to the rest of you though.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #1459
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyManFamily4 View Post
No major upgrade for me, but at least we're next to our traveling companions!
I have been checking everyday and there was nothing there this morning. Thank you for the heads up.

No upgrade on our GTY -- but it is really close to our other two cabins so that is great!

Check out my Med Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078020
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #1460
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
Back from Canada! DS and I had a great time! It was certainly an adventure. It was one of those trips where everything that could go wrong did, starting at the school departure when the teacher in charge realized right before we were to leave that he forgot all the kids parental permission slips at home! Can't leave the country with 40+ 8th graders without those! But all the kids (& adults) took it in stride and made some amazing memories.

At a cathedral we went to in Quebec, they had a replica of Michaelangelo's Pieta. My DS took a pic so he can compare when we get to Rome in a few months
So glad it was a good trip, despite everything seemed to go wrong. Sometimes those are the best trips, because it creates memories you really won't forget! Sounds like the group was pretty good at "going with the flow".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor View Post
I have bad news for you. I was on the Villefranche website last night - they are having their boat illumination and fireworks display & Fete Nationale Ball on the evening before (Saturday, July 13th). The day before we get there.

All they have listed for the day we are there is "Fete Nationale" at the war memorial at 9:00am (located at the Binon Gardens). I have sent an email off to find out what that means - my guess is a military parade (which is very popular for July 14th celebrations in France).

It looks though if you are looking for National Holiday celebrations that Eze is will be having something bigger going on in their Botantical Gardens.
Oh, bummer there will be no chance of fireworks. I also was looking forward to that possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slg View Post

We haven't been upgraded (we were not GTY), but we are 5A, so the only free upgrade possibility for us are the family staterooms, and I doubt we'd get upgraded to those... I do think there are still rooms available in the veranda categories, so it is possible for someone with an ocean view or inside stateroom to be upgraded.

If anyone does get upgraded, tell everyone here so we can all be excited for you!!
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #1461
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

We just go our stateroom assigned.... we had 10C GTY and got a 10B stateroom. Not a big upgrade but we are happy with it We did get a special PIN upgrade offer for our second cruise! We are doing back to back cruises....the offer was only for one cruise
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004 All Star Music-September,2007 Disney Magic-March,2008 All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011 Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012 Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012 Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014 Old Key West-August,2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge-August,2014

Last edited by disneycrazy2004; 05-21-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: adding more info
disneycrazy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #1462
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

I just came from The Container Store this morning and they are having their travel sale, so that means luggage, travel accessories, luggage tags, packing cubes, etc. Picked up some more packing cubes (somehow we never have enough) and a super cute new carry on bag. I have been looking forever for one that will meet the European travel restrictions.

On another note I am not surprised that the Bastille Day celebrations are mostly on the day before (Saturday). They really don't like interfering with the Sunday day of rest tradition. Maybe it comes from experiencing the day a few times before, but it is really just the same fireworks you will see back home a few days earlier on July 4th.
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #1463
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy2004 View Post
We just go our stateroom assigned.... we had 10C GTY and got a 10B stateroom. Not a big upgrade but we are happy with it We did get a special PIN upgrade offer for our second cruise! We are doing back to back cruises....the offer was only for one cruise
Congrats on the upgrade (even if it wasn't a huge upgrade, BUT it's an upgrade!) What is a PIN upgrade? I haven't heard of this before. Must be good since it has the word "upgrade" in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleblanc View Post
I just came from The Container Store this morning and they are having their travel sale, so that means luggage, travel accessories, luggage tags, packing cubes, etc. Picked up some more packing cubes (somehow we never have enough) and a super cute new carry on bag. I have been looking forever for one that will meet the European travel restrictions.

On another note I am not surprised that the Bastille Day celebrations are mostly on the day before (Saturday). They really don't like interfering with the Sunday day of rest tradition. Maybe it comes from experiencing the day a few times before, but it is really just the same fireworks you will see back home a few days earlier on July 4th.
Oh, thanks for the info on The Container Store! I love that store. I'm definitely going to go there this week to check out all the travel items!

Hopefully there will be shops and restaurants open on Sunday (when we arrive at Villefranche) since this is the Sunday day of rest tradition.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #1464
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best

Cabin assignment! No upgrade, but I am perfectly happy with the cabin we got - 2134. So please do update our info for the FE!

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #1465
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Has anyone else tried to book Vatican tickets for our day in Rome? I heard you can book 60 days in advance so I've been checking since last week and we are now within 60 days but it is still just showing only thru July 15. I even tried clearing my Internet browser history in case that was the issue but still no luck. Anyone else not able to book these tickets?

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #1466
ynspire
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Has anyone else tried to book Vatican tickets for our day in Rome? I heard you can book 60 days in advance so I've been checking since last week and we are now within 60 days but it is still just showing only thru July 15. I even tried clearing my Internet browser history in case that was the issue but still no luck. Anyone else not able to book these tickets?
I took a look but I don't see past July 15th either so it's not just you. Maybe they don't update their booking calendar daily?

-Yvonne
ynspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #1467
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToRun View Post
Congrats on the upgrade (even if it wasn't a huge upgrade, BUT it's an upgrade!) What is a PIN upgrade? I haven't heard of this before. Must be good since it has the word "upgrade" in it.
Thanks! It was an email I got saying It is a special upgrade offer from 10C to 9A for so much amount of money... and I only have 1 week to respond. It has a specific PIN attached to it. It was a real good deal. When I called the CM said they just rolled out this program and took a long time to apply the pin to my reservation
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004 All Star Music-September,2007 Disney Magic-March,2008 All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011 Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012 Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012 Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014 Old Key West-August,2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge-August,2014
disneycrazy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #1468
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

Congrats to all that got upgrades & room assignments! So exciting!

We aren't expecting any upgrade or movement since we have our 2 verandas and they are connecting rooms with my parents. But hey, if DCL feels the need to upgrade us all to a suite, we would gladly do them that favor

We don't have a Container Store near us but I will have to check on line to see if the sales are there too? I keep hearing so many great things about that store! I am so jealous! I need so much organization help in my life LOL

As I feared, DS is growing again and his suit doesn't fit...ugh. He just barely got away with it at his concert 2 weeks ago. Darn teenagers! I'm going to wait until just before our trip to get him a new one. It's so hard to get him clothes since his soooo skinny & has really long legs compared to the rest of him. I love Old Navy bc they have the adjustable waist bands but he's grown out of those sizes now and obviously they don't have them in men's. so now I actually have to get him to try on jeans/shorts next shopping trip....oh the horror!!

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #1469
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post

As I feared, DS is growing again and his suit doesn't fit...ugh. He just barely got away with it at his concert 2 weeks ago. Darn teenagers! I'm going to wait until just before our trip to get him a new one. It's so hard to get him clothes since his soooo skinny & has really long legs compared to the rest of him. I love Old Navy bc they have the adjustable waist bands but he's grown out of those sizes now and obviously they don't have them in men's. so now I actually have to get him to try on jeans/shorts next shopping trip....oh the horror!!
My oldest is exactly the same way, except he's 12 (will be 13 in Nov), so he still fits the boy's sizes where they have adjustable waists. He is skinny with long legs (not necessarily tall for his age... he is actually pretty small for his age, but he has long legs in proportion to his body). So, the pants size I have to buy for his fits him in length, but I have to get the adjustable waists kind of pants/jeans and have to make the waist about 2 sizes smaller than the pants are. Yes, when he (eventually) gets out of the boy's sizes and into men's sizes, then he will have to go and try on clothes.... yes, the horror! LOL!! Neither of my boys like shopping at all, let alone taking time to try things on! I try to get them to come with me when I go buy their clothes, but they just say get whatever you want... we'll be happy with it. So, my rule is if they don't come with me when I buy them clothes, they have to wear what I buy them, even if they don't like it. I do make them come with me when I buy them new shoes since you DO have to try those on, but they even try to get out of trying on the shoes... they will hold them up, and say, "Yah, these will fit.... let's just get them." Of course, I make them still try them on... For whatever reason, they just do not like taking the time to try anything on at a store. ha!!

But, at least so far when I buy them clothes (without them with me), they have been happy with whatever I buy them and wear everything with no problem. I am guessing there will be a point where they will be a bit more opinionated as to what they wear... maybe that will be high school... and yes, once they hit the men's sizes, I will be making them go shopping to pick out their own clothes and try them on, since those are not adjustable like boy's clothes.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #1470
Sox1N04
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynspire View Post
I took a look but I don't see past July 15th either so it's not just you. Maybe they don't update their booking calendar daily?

-Yvonne
My belief is that they only update the website availability to purchase the tickets once per week. I've been checking every day for a couple weeks now and that appears to be the case.
Sox1N04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: