Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #1426
Disney_fans
Earning My Ears

For the water - on our 2011 Med cruise we took a couple of Camelbaks and filled them with fresh water at the drink station each morning. We had no problem taking them into the Vatican and Coliseum. With two kids, the water came in really handy on those hot days.

Disney_fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #1427
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_fans View Post
For the water - on our 2011 Med cruise we took a couple of Camelbaks and filled them with fresh water at the drink station each morning. We had no problem taking them into the Vatican and Coliseum. With two kids, the water came in really handy on those hot days.
Our plan is exactly the same. Good to know you were not stopped. I did read that the Acropolis did not allow backpacks. Did you try there?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #1428
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Our plan is also to take a Camelbak for DS6. I got him his own its red with flames. We took it one day and he loved having it. Saves me from having to carry an extra water bottle for him too!

Greece - we decided to hire a car for the day since all the excursions we wanted were full. Also have one in Rome. If its not allowed at the Acropolis hopefully we can just leave it in the car for that part of the morning.

Thanks for letting me tag along to make sure I get to the right spot! I am so looking forward to Cinque Terre. I am a photo nut...so I'm sure I'll be in heaven just going from one town to the next snapping photos and shopping...with the requisite stops for pasta and gelato. And I think it will be nice to have a day to myself and for the boys to do their own thing one day too.

I am almost ready for our trip to Disney next weekend. I think my parents are going to pop down for part of the trip...otherwise they won't see their grandson until the end of the summer! Between his trips and theirs...its the last chance until August! DS is very excited for Star Wars Weekend. He has dictated on MK and HS on this trip...over and over. I'll start packing for that on Sunday...after the floors are finally finished. My never ending house project is actually almost done. Knock on wood...if I can find some that isn't rotted!

After than I can wrap up planning the cruise and start making my packing lists. I think I'll make a lot of progress while my guys are in South America in June.
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #1429
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox1N04 View Post
Hello All. Has anyone called DCL yet to find out what your nightly dinner attire schedule is? I saw on another thread that someone called on their Venice trip. Just curious.
I am pretty sure that formal night is the first sea day (after Rome), pirate night is Mykonos, and semi-formal is the sea day between Mykonos and Malta. All other nights are cruise casual.

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #1430
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

I love the camelback idea!! I am going to get some for all of us! I am a huge water drinker... I don't drink soda or juice (just don't like it) so I pretty much drink water all day (and throw in some cocktails and/or wine with my beverage preferences ).

Yed, the water from your sink in your cabin is good water, and safe to drink. I just bring empty water bottles & fill them up & store them in the cooler in the stateroom (its like a fridge, but not ad cold as a fridge, but cold enough to keep water cold).

And, of course the water from the fountain drink station on deck 9 is great, too. Lots of free good drinking water available on the ship. :D
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #1431
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelinus View Post
I am pretty sure that formal night is the first sea day (after Rome), pirate night is Mykonos, and semi-formal is the sea day between Mykonos and Malta. All other nights are cruise casual.
Agreed. According to my notes (At one point I had checked with DCL concierge)
Wed, Jul 17 At Sea -formal night
Sun, Jul 21 Mykonos, Greece - Pirate night
Mon, Jul 22 At Sea - Semiformal night

Randi
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #1432
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post

I am almost ready for our trip to Disney next weekend. I think my parents are going to pop down for part of the trip...otherwise they won't see their grandson until the end of the summer! Between his trips and theirs...its the last chance until August! DS is very excited for Star Wars Weekend. He has dictated on MK and HS on this trip...over and over. I'll start packing for that on Sunday...after the floors are finally finished. My never ending house project is actually almost done. Knock on wood...if I can find some that isn't rotted!
We were in HS last Saturday (SeaWorld Sunday) and had a great time! Hint: there's a Jedi Academy training session you can sign him up for. It's super cute and my DD had a blast. You need to sign up ahead of time (in the morning) for a later slot and they are given robes to wear and light sabors to train with, have a training session, and then actually get to fight Darth Vador! They get a graduation certificate at the end too. We've got great photos and my DD loved it!
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:07 AM   #1433
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMom3461 View Post
We were in HS last Saturday (SeaWorld Sunday) and had a great time! Hint: there's a Jedi Academy training session you can sign him up for. It's super cute and my DD had a blast. You need to sign up ahead of time (in the morning) for a later slot and they are given robes to wear and light sabors to train with, have a training session, and then actually get to fight Darth Vador! They get a graduation certificate at the end too. We've got great photos and my DD loved it!
Jedi Training is awesome! DS has done it twice in the last year so we are probably not going to fight the serious crowds to do it over SWW. I told him we would meet Vader instead and get his autograph.
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #1434
Amy Fran
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_momma View Post
I read on the main boards how some people bring bottled water to drink in their staterooms. Having never done a cruise before, I don't know what to expect as far as drinking water. We drink a lot of water, but it doesn't seem feasible to be finding bottled water to bring on board from Barcelona. How is the water on the ship? I know they have the drink stations, but we aren't really big soda drinkers.
On our first cruise, we heard how expensive the water bottles onboard were so we brought our own but the water from the tap was great so we carried off almost all the water bottles we brought on. Now we bring Brita water bottles on all our trips - the kind that have the filter built in - and fill them with whatever water is available. Works perfectly for us whether we're on a shore excursion, walking around Disney World, or anywhere else. You will want to at least bring empty bottles to fill for your shore excursions. It's gonna be hot & the last thing you want to do is dehydrate!
Amy Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #1435
Disney_fans
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post
Our plan is exactly the same. Good to know you were not stopped. I did read that the Acropolis did not allow backpacks. Did you try there?
Disney's Med cruise in 2011 did not include Greece, so I don't know about the rules for the Acropolis. Both the Vatican and Coliseum have restrictions on large handbags and backpacks. We took the Disney excursion and checked with our guide before getting off the bus and he told us we would be fine. The Camelbaks are small - our kids have the Mule style and we have the Blowfish and LUXE. I think they don't want the large backpacks that our kids tote to school. People with large backpacks and purses had to leave their bags at the entrance and then pick them up at the end.

Disney_fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #1436
mom3bellasorella
Earning My Ears

Hello,

We always just buy the cases of water ahead of time and have them delivered to our cabin. Italy also has wonderful public fountains so those are always good to refill from.

I also wanted to add my parents who are traveling with us to the roll call please. DGF - Jim and DGM- Adele. I also noticed I didn't have my daughters names. DD 14- Ashley, DD 11-Jamie, DD 8- Kiley.

It's getting close! I finally have all my excursions finalized so now I can start getting excited. We are spending a week in England pre-cruise so we leave July 3rd. It will be here before I know it!

See you all soon!

Tricia
mom3bellasorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #1437
calihannah
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what time disembarkation will be (boohoo)? I'm trying to plan our car pickup at the Barcelona cruise terminal. We'll be going to a hotel, but I don't think I want to risk a taxi since I have small kids and car seats.
calihannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #1438
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3bellasorella View Post
Hello,

We always just buy the cases of water ahead of time and have them delivered to our cabin. Italy also has wonderful public fountains so those are always good to refill from.

I also wanted to add my parents who are traveling with us to the roll call please. DGF - Jim and DGM- Adele. I also noticed I didn't have my daughters names. DD 14- Ashley, DD 11-Jamie, DD 8- Kiley.

It's getting close! I finally have all my excursions finalized so now I can start getting excited. We are spending a week in England pre-cruise so we leave July 3rd. It will be here before I know it!

See you all soon!

Tricia
Hi Tricia, I added all the names in except your DH. Didn't know his!

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #1439
Amy Fran
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calihannah View Post
Does anyone know what time disembarkation will be (boohoo)?
From my experience, debarkation starts right around the time we dock (which is listed for 7am on our itinerary), but you're not forced off the ship for about 2 hours. My educated guess is you could schedule the car pick you up around 8:30, but it might be a good idea to call Disney to double-check.
Amy Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #1440
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

The magic is on it's way to Barcelona!

One step closer to all of us getting on the ship in Barcelona. The Magic just left Galveston for the transatlantic crossing! My inlaws and sister-in-law and her kids are on the transatlantic cruise now. They just texted me saying they are just now under way leaving the Galveston port....

So exciting! 56 days until we all board in Barcelona!!
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: