Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #1336
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

Fish Extenders and Secret Mickey

Hello everyone. I have just finished sending PMs to everyone to confirm participation in both the Fish Extender and Secret Mickey exchanges. If you signed up for either of these on the spreadsheet and have not received a PM from me for some reason, please send me a message to confirm.

Between the chaos here in Boston and me losing my internet for a few days I have fallen behind.

I will do the Secret Mickey draw and notify everyone involved once I have received confirmation from all those that have signed up that they are still in.
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #1337
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

Thank you to everyone doing the extra planning for this trip with bands, meets, FE, SM etc!!

Whew..just got caught up with about 20 pages of posts. This trip is coming up fast.

My DD 9, as of last week , always complains on the excursions and trips we take them on. But for St Patricks day they had to write a list of things they were lucky for. She wrote the usuals first..friends, pets...#3 was the chance to go places & cities most other people don't get to go to. So I was happy to see that....kind of made up for the fact she left off her family LOL

I also think they stopped the Palo tea. I forgot until I tried to book it and it wasn't listed. (We're gold cc). I like that more than the brunch.

My DS was able to more up to Edge on the Baltic when he was 2 months shy of 11. They had no problem. He actually didn't like it there though. He's hoping he has no problem this time moving up to Vibe this time but we will see...again he's only 2 months too young but he's starting HS in the fall so I think he would prefer to be w HS aged kids. Like someone else said, it really depends on how many kids are on board in each age group.

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #1338
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Updated excursions listings

Can someone post for us newbies who get to book our excursions this weekend what is currently sold out?

DH and I are trying to get an idea of what options we have at the moment. We are planning a mix of DCL, private and on your own excursions but wondering if we are going to be forced into going OYO in a couple of places because there are limited options.

TIA!!
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #1339
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post
Can someone post for us newbies who get to book our excursions this weekend what is currently sold out?
TIA!!
I promised an update earlier this week.... But we had some out-of-towners show up and the house and throw my week off. I'm at my son's music class at the moment but I'll update this afternoon, if that's not too late for you?

Check out my Med Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078020
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #1340
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Heather - that would be great! We book tomorrow night. Much appreciated.
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #1341
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post

DH and I are trying to get an idea of what options we have at the moment. We are planning a mix of DCL, private and on your own excursions but wondering if we are going to be forced into going OYO in a couple of places because there are limited options.

TIA!!
I have updated the sold out/availability page for anyone wanting an up-date on excursions and Palo. (Post #1210 on this thread)

There are been a few changes with some excursions opening up and unfortunately more of Athens sold out.

Good luck to everyone booking this weekend.

Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1210

Check out my Med Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078020

Last edited by Newfoundland Sailor; 04-27-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: To correct link
Old 04-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #1342
ynspire
Earning My Ears

Still can't send PMs. Eileen, confirming for fish extender. Thanks for organizing!

-Yvonne
ynspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #1343
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Is anyone else really excited that we get to sail on the "classic" Magic, the way she is now? I'm sure most of you have seen the announcement this week of the updates and changes they will be doing during the Magic's 6 week dry dock after this Europe season. Some of the things look cool, like the Aquadunk water slide, and of course the general refurb of the rooms and public spaces is needed. But I'm not crazy that they are getting rid of Parrot Cay and turning it into Carioca's...I think that name is lame and the artist rendering doesn't look very appealing or Disney like. I'm also not a fan of them removing half of the staircase in the atrium. Overall I'm sure there will be things I'll like and not like, but I'm very nostalgic and don't like change to things I'm fond of. I'm really glad to be able to enjoy 12 nights on the Magic the way she has been for the past 15 years. Although I've only sailed her once, I've sailed the Wonder 3 other times so I'm fond of the classic ships layouts and features and will definitely be sad to see some of the things go/change.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #1344
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynspire View Post
Still can't send PMs. Eileen, confirming for fish extender. Thanks for organizing!

-Yvonne
Yvonne,

Sorry, I didn't think about everyone not being able to do the PM thing yet. Thanks for posting, you are all set for the FE exchange.

Eileen
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #1345
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Is anyone else really excited that we get to sail on the "classic" Magic, the way she is now? I'm sure most of you have seen the announcement this week of the updates and changes they will be doing during the Magic's 6 week dry dock after this Europe season. Some of the things look cool, like the Aquadunk water slide, and of course the general refurb of the rooms and public spaces is needed. But I'm not crazy that they are getting rid of Parrot Cay and turning it into Carioca's...I think that name is lame and the artist rendering doesn't look very appealing or Disney like. I'm also not a fan of them removing half of the staircase in the atrium. Overall I'm sure there will be things I'll like and not like, but I'm very nostalgic and don't like change to things I'm fond of. I'm really glad to be able to enjoy 12 nights on the Magic the way she has been for the past 15 years. Although I've only sailed her once, I've sailed the Wonder 3 other times so I'm fond of the classic ships layouts and features and will definitely be sad to see some of the things go/change.
I am excited to go on the Magic the way it is now. I just love the classic ships! When I was on the Fantasy 3 weeks ago, though we had a super fun time, every day I found myself missing the "classic" ship feel.

I have mixed feelings, though, on the renovations. I also like that they are doing a refub on the public spaces and (hopefully) the staterooms, as that is always needed just to keep things looking nice. But, I don't like that they are trying to go for more of a contemporary feel (the words they used on the video). I love the "classic" feel, and a contemporary feel is going to change things, I think.

BUT, I do love that they are re-doing the kids club. The kids club on the Fantasy was amazing, and I think way better than the Magic or Wonder (the lab & oceanears). Although, my kids will both be too old for the Lab and Oceanears club by the time this is all done, but still.... I think this will be great.

And, the Aquadunk and the new other slide are great additions.... just more options on the pool decks for sea days.

But, I mostly just want it to stay having a "classic" feel, and not turn to contemporary. The Fantasy (and guessing the Dream...I haven't been on the Dream yet) are both contemporary, so people can get that feel on those ships.

But, I keep having to remind myself that most people don't like change, especially when it's changing something that they really like already (kind of like the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" type of mentality, BUT what I do find is when the change does happen, people resist at first, but after a while, people get used to the new changes, and like it after they get used to it.

Maybe they'll keep the Wonder as is... I love the Wonder, too.

But, overall, yes, I can't wait to be on the Magic the way she is now! Not too much longer!!
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 AM   #1346
ky71
Mouseketeer

DONE!

Finally the day has come!

I have just completed my online check in, kid's club rego and best of all the two port excursions I needed. Whilst the tour we wanted in Turkey (Ephesus and Waterpark) was sold out, we managed to get a mini van for the 9 of us through DCL and by the time we add on entry to Ephesus sites and the Adaland waterpark, we should be at around the same cost. And the bonus is that there is a guide included - WooHoo!

Thanks Heather for updating the excursion list so we knew which ones were gone already. This was a huge help for me. Thanks again!
TDL-2010, June 2012
HKDL-2010, Oct 2012
DCL-2013

Upcoming trips

DD dancing at DLR in July 2014

WDW & cruise in Sept 2015

Shanghai DL 2016
ky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #1347
ky71
Mouseketeer

Okay now I am second guessing myself...

Can anyone please confirm that the price shown for the Mini bus private tour on DCL's website for Turkey (at $429) is the TOTAL cost, not a per person cost?

The reason I am now unsure is that DCL have the 8hr private mini BUS including driver and guide for up to 12px at $429 and the 8hr private mini VAN including driver and guide for up to 4px for $699.

$270 more but for 8 less people to tour...I'm confused. Please help!
TDL-2010, June 2012
HKDL-2010, Oct 2012
DCL-2013

Upcoming trips

DD dancing at DLR in July 2014

WDW & cruise in Sept 2015

Shanghai DL 2016
ky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:56 AM   #1348
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky71 View Post
Okay now I am second guessing myself...

Can anyone please confirm that the price shown for the Mini bus private tour on DCL's website for Turkey (at $429) is the TOTAL cost, not a per person cost?

The reason I am now unsure is that DCL have the 8hr private mini BUS including driver and guide for up to 12px at $429 and the 8hr private mini VAN including driver and guide for up to 4px for $699.

$270 more but for 8 less people to tour...I'm confused. Please help!
I just peeked on the DCL website and you are correct that it is up to 12 pax in a mini-bus for $429. And you only book under one name. So that would mean that's the total not per person.

Glad you made out okay this morning!

Heather

Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #1349
DisneyPaulPgh
Disney Fanactic

We are coming (please add to Roll Call)

My partner Brian and our son Brennen (age 5) and I are looking forward to this great trip. We are from Pittsburgh, PA and Palm Coast, FL. Second seating. #7598
DisneyPaulPgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #1350
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPaulPgh View Post
My partner Brian and our son Brennen (age 5) and I are looking forward to this great trip. We are from Pittsburgh, PA and Palm Coast, FL. Second seating. #7598
Welcome!

If my boys bump into you I warn you they will be pumping you for Penguins scoop....they are huge fans. My eldest (DS-12) can't wait to go to Pittsburgh to see a game (and my youngest (DS-4) can't wait to go to the zoo!).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: