Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #1306
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_momma View Post
Ironman, wow, I am impressed - that is hardcore!!
Well, I for sure would not consider myself hardcore by any means! But, I will say that the 1/2 Ironman was a one-time experience, and I can cross it off my "bucket list" and I'll never do it again! LOL!! About half-way through the race, I really started wondering what I was ever thinking... HA!

I like the less pressure/less commitment type of exercise now. Just trying to stay healthy and fit is all my goal is now a days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calihannah View Post
LOL, yeah, Disney does make it so much fun

I did my first triathlon about 11-12 years ago...olympic distance, though, not IM! No desire to do that I do love the swimming part most, though, so I'd go for a team one if hard pressed

Look for my kids when on Deck 4...I keep the little one (will be 2.5) with me in the stroller, but the older one (6) loves to sit on a comfy deck chair and watch her iPad while we run by every few minutes. I do wish I had Deck 4 all of the time -- probably one of my favorite places to run/walk in the world!
I did a team sprint size triathlon once... it was actually really fun! You should try it (if you can find 2 others who want to do it with you). On my team, all 3 of us did our strongest sport, and we got an awesome time because we were all fast at the event we did. It was fun!

Oh, I'm SOOOO with you... would love to have a "deck 4" all of the time, and well.... I'd just love to have warmth and sun all the time in addition to deck 4 (don't get much warmth and sun around here ...).

I am just looking so forward to being on the Disney Magic!! I just LOVE the classic ships!!!

Can you all believe that we only have 2 1/2 months until we board the ship??!!! I truly can't wait for this trip... it's going to be amazing! Can't wait to see all the sights, the history, experience the food, the wine, the cultures... so much! Just have to make it through a BUSY BUSY spring and then it's time to go to Europe! I always love the feeling of when I board the plane to go somewhere... I just breath a sigh of relief and know we're officially on vacation! Can't wait!!
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #1307
Amy Fran
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToRun View Post
Have fun doing the Dopey race (isn't that the 5K race and then the full marathon the next day?) Is that right? I've heard about that....
That's half of it Claiming the Dopey medal requires running the 5K, 10K, half-marathon, and the full marathon - all in the same weekend. Yup, that's why they call it Dopey (btw - running Goofy is doing the half and full the same weekend so I'll be getting that medal, too! 6 medals in 4 days - WOOT! )

I am not a serious, 8 min mile kind of person though. My goal is to simply finish each race!
Amy Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #1308
happy_momma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Fran View Post
That's half of it Claiming the Dopey medal requires running the 5K, 10K, half-marathon, and the full marathon - all in the same weekend. Yup, that's why they call it Dopey (btw - running Goofy is doing the half and full the same weekend so I'll be getting that medal, too! 6 medals in 4 days - WOOT! )

I am not a serious, 8 min mile kind of person though. My goal is to simply finish each race!

Wow, that does sound crazy, but fun! Good luck.
happy_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #1309
happy_momma
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=LovesToRun;48203232

Can you all believe that we only have 2 1/2 months until we board the ship??!!! I truly can't wait for this trip... it's going to be amazing! Can't wait to see all the sights, the history, experience the food, the wine, the cultures... so much! Just have to make it through a BUSY BUSY spring and then it's time to go to Europe! I always love the feeling of when I board the plane to go somewhere... I just breath a sigh of relief and know we're officially on vacation! Can't wait!![/QUOTE]

I totally can't believe we only have 2 and 1/2 months to go...so excited! I have a countdown app on my phone that I look at everyday (ok, so I look at it a few times a day). First cruise, first time to Europe with the kids. This is going to be such an amazing experience.

(and apparently I don't know how to include multiple quotations in one reply)
happy_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #1310
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally can't believe we only have 2 and 1/2 months to go...so excited! I have a countdown app on my phone that I look at everyday (ok, so I look at it a few times a day). First cruise, first time to Europe with the kids. This is going to be such an amazing experience.

I phoned Disney today to request my server for the dining room and he said see you in 80 days at the end of the call. That was exciting.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #1311
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Quote:

Thanks for sharing the excitement! This is our second DCL Magic in the Med cruise (4th DCL cruise) and we are as excited as the first time - looking forward to experiencing so many new places, things we missed the first time, and re-experiencing some of our favorites (oh and of course that includes the wonderful Magic ship!)

Randi
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #1312
calihannah
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Wow. I am in awe! SO respect that. Can't wait to hear all about it!!! You must update us, you know
calihannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #1313
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Wrist Bands Ordered

Band Style: Debossed
Band Type: Solid
Band Color: LimeGreen
Font Name: Comic sans ms
Band Size: Adult
Front Message: Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers
Back Message: July 2013

I ordered 200 wristbands which should be enough for everyone to get one at the meet and greet.....

best wishes,
Randi
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #1314
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OK, now THAT is hard core!!! I had no idea about this (I have only known people to do the 5K and then the full). I feel like you should get an award just for saying you are doing that! Good for you... I hope you will have a massage booked after you get all your medals! You will have very much earned it. That is 48.6 miles in one weekend. Amazing. I'm not sure (pre-injury) I could have run that many miles in one weekend... when I did my 1/2 Ironman that covers a total of 74.3 miles, but at least you aren't running the entire time. I say claiming the Dopey Medal is a MUCH more coveted award than a 1/2 Ironman. I do get why they call it the Dopey Award, though. Honestly, I think any long race like that where you cover these LONG distances should ALL get the Dopey Award! You will be so proud of yourself, though, and you will definitely get bragging rights once you have that award in your hand!

Quote:

Oh, how cool you have a countdown app on your phone!! I am guessing you have an Iphone... I have a Windows Phone... not sure it has an app like that. I'll have to look! What a fun thing! I would probably look at it several times a day, too.

Oh, and the way you do multiple quotations is you click on the little "quotes with a plus" under it ("+) on the all of the posts you want to include except the final post. Then, the final post you want to include, you click on the "quote" button, and then it'll take you to the reply box where you write your reply, and you will see all of the posts you want to reply to in that box.

It took me quite a while to figure this out after I joined the Disboards several years ago.

That is so great this is your first cruise!! Like first cruise ever, or first Disney Cruise? Regardless, I KNOW you will love it.... I've been on other cruise lines, and in my opinion, no cruise line I've been on yet compares to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post
I phoned Disney today to request my server for the dining room and he said see you in 80 days at the end of the call. That was exciting.
That is great!! We requested our favorite server that is on the Wonder, and it turned out he went on his vacation the week before we got on, so we didn't get him. We haven't been on the Magic in a couple years (we've been on the Wonder mostly), so don't have a favorite server on the Magic.... but hopefully we'll get someone good. But, glad you got your favorite server!!! You will have a great dining room experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMom3461 View Post
Thanks for sharing the excitement! This is our second DCL Magic in the Med cruise (4th DCL cruise) and we are as excited as the first time - looking forward to experiencing so many new places, things we missed the first time, and re-experiencing some of our favorites (oh and of course that includes the wonderful Magic ship!)

Randi
It's funny because we haven't even been on the Med cruise yet, and my husband and I have already tossed around the idea of doing a 2nd Med cruise with Disney. HA! We're that excited!

Quote:

I ordered 200 wristbands which should be enough for everyone to get one at the meet and greet.....

best wishes,
Randi
Thank you!!! How do we all chip in for these?? I know they are cheap per unit, but when you buy 200, it adds up. It will be great to have a way to recognize everyone, and for the kids to recognize each other.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #1315
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:

best wishes,
Randi

We may not make the meet as we have selected a later arrival time so we can wander down the Ramblas. Will be more than happy to chip in.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #1316
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is great!! We requested our favorite server that is on the Wonder, and it turned out he went on his vacation the week before we got on, so we didn't get him. We haven't been on the Magic in a couple years (we've been on the Wonder mostly), so don't have a favorite server on the Magic.... but hopefully we'll get someone good. But, glad you got your favorite server!!! You will have a great dining room experience.

We have not been on the Magic since 2005. When we went to Alaska two years ago we found out our servers from the Magic were long gone.

I found this thread and asked for a couple of the servers whose names repeated over and over - Sammipong and Guiseppe.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....t=magic+server
Old 04-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #1317
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post
We have not been on the Magic since 2005. When we went to Alaska two years ago we found out our servers from the Magic were long gone.

I found this thread and asked for a couple of the servers whose names repeated over and over - Sammipong and Guiseppe.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....t=magic+server
That was a great idea! It would be fun if you got Guiseppe since he is Italian... I'm sure he'd offer some great tips for when we are at the Italy ports.

Out of all our Disney Cruises, we've only had one server we did not like, but we've been lucky have had great servers on all of our other cruises.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #1318
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That was a great idea! It would be fun if you got Guiseppe since he is Italian... I'm sure he'd offer some great tips for when we are at the Italy ports.

Out of all our Disney Cruises, we've only had one server we did not like, but we've been lucky have had great servers on all of our other cruises.
Our experience is the same - been on two cruises and five of the six were absolutely superb, way beyond my expectations. The six was our assistant server on the Alaska cruise who was a fairly big disappointment but it was her first cruise and I doubt she lasted.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #1319
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=LovesToRun;48206276]

Oh, how cool you have a countdown app on your phone!! I am guessing you have an Iphone... I have a Windows Phone... not sure it has an app like that. I'll have to look! What a fun thing! I would probably look at it several times a day, too.

That is so great this is your first cruise!! Like first cruise ever, or first Disney Cruise? Regardless, I KNOW you will love it.... I've been on other cruise lines, and in my opinion, no cruise line I've been on yet compares to Disney!

QUOTE]

We are Windows phone people (DH) too...given your location I can guess why. Wish that there were a few other apps...like My Disney Experience for WP. There aren't many apps that I wish for...but there are a couple that would be nice to have.

Its our first Disney cruise (DS's first cruise period) and our second. Already thinking about whether I should book a Southern Caribbean one with DS in 2014. LOL!

Right now I am dying to know if they are really going to do 24 hours of MK on May 24th. DS and I are headed down on the 23rd for a long weekend. We got seasonal APs in Oct so I'm trying to get an extra trip in before summer! And DS has started getting in to Star Wars so very excited to go to Star Wars weekend.

We also finally get to book our excursions this weekend. We have private in Rome, DH & DS are trying to do a DCL for Pisa while I head on my own to Cinque Terre, on our own in France, and DH and I are doing DCL for Ephesus while DS stays on the ship more than likely. Others we are still debating what to do...guess we should decide at least preliminarily.

In the meantime we are dealing with house stuff...so ready to be done with them. Stucco leaks that have rotted the framing and have to be repaired by cutting holes in our house And the latest was found by the flooring guys who were supposed to be refinishing the hardwood floors as the last step in repairing a different leak. So no furniture on the main level of the house (its all in the garage), sanded floors and no sure time table for finishing the job. When we get back it from the cruise it will likely be more construction as we get to deal with the project that we originally set out to do...finish the other half of the basement before we have a house full of people for the holidays!

I am definitely looking forward to this vacation! I'm going to need it!!
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #1320
ejw
Mouseketeer

letter from DCL

I found this on the main cruise forum and wanted to post. disney will be distributing this to all guests in the coming weeks.

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

here is the link: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3098651

ejw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: