Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #1261
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

FE and SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejw View Post
Hi Eleblanc, I also think it's important for everyone on the current FE list to confirm they are still participating. We all signed up for this many months ago and some people might have dropped the cruise or changed their minds.

thanks, ellen
Yes, I have been working to confirm with everyone that they are still in for both the FE and SM. The list is closed at this point because I don't want to run the risk of having say 7 more people join and then we are stuck with how to work the list. Some people are not open to splitting the list into smaller groups because they have already purchased or made their 24 items and if group is smaller they are then stuck with extra FE gifts.

As the sign up sheet says people can contact me if they are still interested and I will then work out how to accommodate them.
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #1262
Pengwend
Mouseketeer

Personal Navigators

Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, we didn't book this cruise; got a sooner sailing. Anyway, I did scan all the Navigators from when we cruised the Med in 2011. So here are all the links for you!

Port Adventures
Voyage Navigator
Day 1 All Aboard
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 La Valetta
Day 4 Palermo
Day 5 Naples
Day 6 Civitavecchia
Day 7 La Spezia
Day 8 Ajaccio
Day 9 Villefranche
Day 10 At Sea
Welcome Home

Have a great cruise!

26 May 2011 | Wedding Pavilion, Narcoossee's, Italy Isola West
Pengwend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #1263
ky71
Mouseketeer

Can anyone confirm the opening times for the kid's clubs on the days we are in Italy please?

I booked our private tour to begin at 8am or as close to the time we can leave the ship but we want to leave DS (7yrs) at the Oceaneer's Club or Lab. What time do they open?

I noticed on the PP's Navigators that one club opens at 7.30am and the other at 10am so I guess I'm all good as long as one is open by the time I need to leave the ship. Maybe I just should have insisted he come along...
TDL-2010, June 2012
HKDL-2010, Oct 2012
DCL-2013

Upcoming trips

DD dancing at DLR in July 2014

WDW & cruise in Sept 2015

Shanghai DL 2016
ky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #1264
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky71 View Post
Can anyone confirm the opening times for the kid's clubs on the days we are in Italy please?

I booked our private tour to begin at 8am or as close to the time we can leave the ship but we want to leave DS (7yrs) at the Oceaneer's Club or Lab. What time do they open?

I noticed on the PP's Navigators that one club opens at 7.30am and the other at 10am so I guess I'm all good as long as one is open by the time I need to leave the ship. Maybe I just should have insisted he come along...
I don't know the opening time of any of the days we are on the Med cruise, but I do know from other Disney cruises I've been on, the kids club open around 7:30 AM, and on port days, the kids clubs are open by the time people are allowed to get off the ship. I am sure someone here can correct me, though. It might be on some of the longer days where we dock early, the kids clubs will open even earlier.

You could call Disney and ask... I bet they would know for sure, though, if you need to set a reservation time for your tour now.
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #1265
mom3bellasorella
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToRun View Post

Were you on the Fantasy last week (April 5 - 13)? If so, we were on there, too!! I did not join the cruise meet for that cruise (which is unusual for me, because I always participate in the cruise meets, and FE groups most of the time), but in all honesty, I was so consumed with planning our Med trip that I did not even think much about our Fantasy cruise until just before we were ready to go, and by then, it was too late to really join the cruise meet. So, if you were on that cruise, that is why I didn't know you were on the cruise until now. It was a super fun trip, and the weather was perfect!!!!

Yes, we normally would do the FE group for this Med cruise, but aren't... we're going to be traveling in Europe on both sides of the cruise, so we just don't have the room for the FE stuff. It's hard because it's so much fun to do the FE's, but we have to pass this time.

I only have boys (10 & 12), but I do think there some girls for sure whose parents are part of this cruise meet! I'm sure your DD's will find someone.

How did your kids do on the 2010 Med cruise? If you have any tips for people traveling with kids on this, I'd love to hear? We travel a lot with our kids, but this will be a first for Europe for our kids. Well, it must have been a great experience for your family if you are doing it again this year!!

We can't wait.... it's going to be such a great time.
Hello! We were on the one right before you. Hope you enjoyed it as much as us! Our friends were on your cruise and said you had wonderful weather!

When we travelled we had a 5, 8 and 11 year old. We spent a week in England and France and then made our way to Barcelona for the cruise.
They did fine and really enjoyed all of the trip. I think the key is to make sure to add downtime into your days and not over schedule your trip. My kids enjoyed the museums and historical sights so it made it easy.

I packed their clothes in zip locks in their suitcase to make it easier for them to live out of suitcases. I didn't know about the fancy cubes then. Packed by items so shirts in one, shorts in another.

This year we are doing a week in England before heading to Barcelona.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about Europe travel. Hope to meet you in the med! It is coming so fast!
mom3bellasorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #1266
CaptainandTennille
Earning My Ears

I just wanted to confirm that CaptainandTennille are still participating in the FE. DisneyManfamily4 is also participating. She will probably check in. We are traveling together & I don't want her to get taken off the list!
CaptainandTennille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #1267
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Confirming that my dad and I are both still in for the fish extender, and I am still in for the Secret Mickey. Excited for both and thank you Eileen for closing the list and sorting out the details for our group. I know its not easy sometimes to be the leader and make the hard decisions; on my last cruise we had a firm cutoff date and at least 6 or 7 more people kept trying to join the FE right up until a few days before the cruise. I'm so glad we had a deadline because especially around the holidays, most of us had already purchased a set amount of gifts and it just wouldnt have worked if we kept allowing more people.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #1268
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengwend View Post
Hi everyone,
Unfortunately, we didn't book this cruise; got a sooner sailing. Anyway, I did scan all the Navigators from when we cruised the Med in 2011. So here are all the links for you!

Port Adventures
Voyage Navigator
Day 1 All Aboard
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 La Valetta
Day 4 Palermo
Day 5 Naples
Day 6 Civitavecchia
Day 7 La Spezia
Day 8 Ajaccio
Day 9 Villefranche
Day 10 At Sea
Welcome Home

Have a great cruise!
Thanks so much for posting! I'm jealous of some of the longer port times it looks like you had on your cruise, especially in Rome, until 8:45 PM that day! A few extra hours makes such a difference. I wonder why they have shortened the days on the Med cruises this year. Or, do you remember on your cruise, were the port times earlier and then onboard they changed them until later? I know sometimes they do that in the Caribbean cruises.

Do you know how often the characters were out in their country-specific attire? I had heard about this, and saw on your navigators "come see Mickey and friends in their French/Italian/etc attire"- do you know if they were in these special outfits all day for pictures or were they only limited times? I love getting character pics but this cruise is so jam packed, I just hope I can squeeze in some special pics!

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #1269
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleblanc View Post
Yes, I have been working to confirm with everyone that they are still in for both the FE and SM.
Confirming we are still in for the FE - gifts purchased and ready to go! Thanks again for organizing this for all of us.
Randi
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #1270
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Thanks so much for posting! I'm jealous of some of the longer port times it looks like you had on your cruise, especially in Rome, until 8:45 PM that day! A few extra hours makes such a difference. I wonder why they have shortened the days on the Med cruises this year. Or, do you remember on your cruise, were the port times earlier and then onboard they changed them until later? I know sometimes they do that in the Caribbean cruises.
I noticed this, too, looking at the Navigator's from the 2010 Med cruise, that most of the port times were longer and later than this cruise. The Rome port, in 2010, it said all ashore at 7:45AM, and all aboard at 8:45PM in the navigator, and according to our itinerary for our cruise, it says at Civitavecchia our times are 7:15AM - 6:30PM (now, I'm not sure if 7:15 is our port arrival time or our "all ashore" time), but regardless, it is less time.

But, Le Spezia is about the same. In 2010, all ashore was 7:30 AM and all aboard 7:30 PM, and our itinerary is arrive 7:45 AM and leave 7:30 AM (again, I'm not sure those times for our itinerary is the all ashore and all aboard times, or if those are our port arrival and port departure times (in which case, the all ashore and all aboard times would be more like 8:15 AM - 6:45 PM) or something like that.

Villfranche is shorter than 2010... 2010, all ashore 7:30 AM, all aboard 7:00 PM. Our itinerary is: 8:45AM - 6:30PM. However, Malta is pretty much the same amount of time. 2010 was 8:30AM - 5:45PM, and for us, we arrive at 7:45AM and leave 4:30PM. So, we just arrive earlier and leave earlier.

Not sure why the times aren't exactly the same as 2010 (the ones where our times at port are shortened all together), but probably has something to do with the port itself (port fees may have changed, or maybe it just has to do with the port schedule itself... who knows). There is so much negotiating that goes on with the ports when they figure out port arrival times and port departure times, so it might be the ports just simply wanted more money than last year, and to keep the cruise costs from being any higher than they already were for this year, they had to cut some port times shorter. That is my guess.

My dad is a harbor pilot (recently retired, but was a harbor pilot for 35 years), and he was involved in the negotiating of port fees, and it's crazy how it changes from year to year, date to date, etc.

Of course, I'm only speculating as to why the times changed for the Med cruise, but my guess is it had something to do with port fees, and spending less time at port kept our cruise costs from being even higher than they already were (because from what I heard on the Dis boards, the Med cruise costs went up from 2010). I could be totally wrong, too. Who knows...
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #1271
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Do you know how often the characters were out in their country-specific attire? I had heard about this, and saw on your navigators "come see Mickey and friends in their French/Italian/etc attire"- do you know if they were in these special outfits all day for pictures or were they only limited times? I love getting character pics but this cruise is so jam packed, I just hope I can squeeze in some special pics!
As you are probably aware (by now) I am an over-the-top organizer. My type 1 personality doesn’t like being in control of the unknown…lol. Port times are my nemisis in planning. Even for this cruise the port times are different depending on where you look:

On the DCL main website the times are:

Villefranche 8:45-6 :30
La Spezia 7 :45-7 :30
Civitavecchia 7 :15-7 :30
Piraeus 8 :00-6 :30
Kusadasi 7 :30-6 :30
Mykonos 7 :30-6 :30
Valetta 7 :45-5 :00

On your itinerary when logged in the following times are different:

Civitavecchia 7 :15-6 :30 (changed from 7 :30pm)

On your confirmation email from Disney when you booked:

Civitavecchia 7 :15-6 :30 (changed from 7 :30pm)
Valetta 7 :45-4 :30 (changed from 5 :00pm)

So who knows what they really will end up being!

My past experience (in 2011) is that DCL announced (aka changed) the “onboard time” the night before. The Cruise Director would announce it before the big show started in the Theatre. My advice is to check before you get off the ship with the CMs and check your Navigator. We got caught in Rome that the time did change drastically (was originally 8:30 or 9:00pm when I booked our private tours and then was changed to 6:30 the night before). Citavecchia was a very busy port that day with at least 5 cruiseships all leaving that evening (within minutes of each other) so I would guess it was changed for scheduling purposes at the Port.

Quote:
In the evening you could see the different attires on the characters at the photo ops (usually in the Main Lobby). Occasionally, you would see them ashore - but usually it would correspond with a specific DCL excursion - I couldn't quite figure out the reasoning (perhaps the youth excursions or ABD?).

Check out my Med Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078020
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #1272
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor View Post
My past experience (in 2011) is that DCL announced (aka changed) the “onboard time” the night before. The Cruise Director would announce it before the big show started in the Theatre. My advice is to check before you get off the ship with the CMs and check your Navigator. We got caught in Rome that the time did change drastically (was originally 8:30 or 9:00pm when I booked our private tours and then was changed to 6:30 the night before). Citavecchia was a very busy port that day with at least 5 cruiseships all leaving that evening (within minutes of each other) so I would guess it was changed for scheduling purposes at the Port.
This is so good to know!! And, it will remind me (and my DH & parents) to pay close attention to any port time change announcement, especially on the days we are doing private tours! Hopefully our Rome time won't change last minute (make it even shorter than it already is). It would make it harder to see all of the sites we have planned to see, BUT I'm very happy to miss seeing some of the sites, or just spend less time at them all together over missing the ship! LOL!!

Now that I think about it, I think on previous cruises I've been on, they have changed some port departure times the night before, so I agree this can definitely happen!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #1273
dormouse7899
Earning My Ears

FE confirmation

Quote:
Confirming that my dad and I are both still in for the fish extender, and I am still in for the Secret Mickey. Excited for both and thank you Eileen for closing the list and sorting out the details for our group. I know its not easy sometimes to be the leader and make the hard decisions; on my last cruise we had a firm cutoff date and at least 6 or 7 more people kept trying to join the FE right up until a few days before the cruise. I'm so glad we had a deadline because especially around the holidays, most of us had already purchased a set amount of gifts and it just wouldnt have worked if we kept allowing more people.
I am confirming that myself as well as my parents are still both in for FE. I agree with WDW Princess and I wanted to echo my thanks also for you closing out the list. It is not easy to be the leader and I appreciate the cutoff. Much thanks for volunteering to organize it!
dormouse7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #1274
CaptainandTennille
Earning My Ears

We took them to NYC last summer, and it was very hot on the day we went to the 9/11 Memorial. We left there and went on the Staten Island ferry to get a look at the Statue of Liberty. I was showing my then 5-year-old where to go to get a look at the statue, and he looks at me and says, "Mom, you know I don't really care about any of this, right?" We ended up getting off of the boat and going straight to McDonald's, of all places, for ice cream. The funny thing is that now whenever we talk about New York, or he sees anything on tv about the Statue of Liberty, he gets all excited and talks about how he saw that. Even though we were all cranky and hot at the time, it's one of the stories we talk most about from that trip. I expect we'll have some similar stories after our cruise.[/QUOTE]

My kids were the same way! I took them to New York last spring, and was so excited for them to see everything and they could care less, but as soon as we got home and they would see stuff on tv or had to do school work on NY they were so proud to talk about how they have been there and seen it
CaptainandTennille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #1275
ejw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleblanc View Post
Yes, I have been working to confirm with everyone that they are still in for both the FE and SM. The list is closed at this point because I don't want to run the risk of having say 7 more people join and then we are stuck with how to work the list. Some people are not open to splitting the list into smaller groups because they have already purchased or made their 24 items and if group is smaller they are then stuck with extra FE gifts.

As the sign up sheet says people can contact me if they are still interested and I will then work out how to accommodate them.
thanks for managing the FE group. Want to confirm that I am still participating.

thanks, ellen

ejw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: