Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #1156
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Saint John Mykonos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Kathy,

I also asked if I could Skype call to give a CC number as I didn't want to send it unsecure over email- he said I could just pay upon arrival and I didnt need to give a CC number even though it asks for it on the form, which was good. So I just wrote on there 'as per email conversation, will provide CC number on arrival'. They confirmed receipt so I guess all is good!
Just a follow up with this, I sent the Saint John Mykonos resort an email asking if 1) I could either just wait to give them my CC # in person once we arrive to the resort for our day pass or 2) if there was a secure online form I could fill out for my day pass reservation where I could give my credit card. I just asked them if there was a more secure way to get them my CC rather than fax.

They wrote back and said it would be no problem to give my CC # at the front desk the day we arrive and I could just fax in our reservation form without the CC #, so the same response as you, Nicole.

Thanks for the tip! I'm sure it would probably be fine faxing the CC#, but since the CC wasn't for any pre-payment, I was hoping they'd also be fine with me giving my CC on the day we arrive.

Also, speaking of beaches, for those of you who didn't notice (or maybe I just missed it all together when I booked my port adventures), they've added another Beach excursion to the excursion list for Mykonos (so it's not only Elia beach). The other beach is only transportation to and from the beach, nothing else is included (so it's a lot cheaper than Elia).

But, we're still doing to do the resort day pass on our own... just works better for our family.
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #1157
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToRun View Post

(And, along the suitcase weight thing, we now carry a small luggage travel scale with us, so we can weigh our luggage in the hotel room (or ship) before we have to fly, so that way we know if our suitcases are under the weight limit. A small travel scale is definitely worth the investment.... saves a lot of time and hassle at the airport, and possibly will save you money in case your luggage is just overweight and you don't have any way to make it weigh less at the airport).

Also, yes, we use the small and slim sized cubes for toiletries, and electronics (we don't have the padded ones, but we carry the breakable electronics in our carry-ons), but we put chargers, and stuff like that in the cubes in our luggage. So, for sure, the cubes are not only for clothes.

Also, we are going on the Disney Fantasy this weekend
I also invested in a small luggage scale a few years ago and its been great. Its always within a pound or less of the number on the airport scale. Definitely been a lifesaver to remove/rearrange items in the hotel before leaving so as not to cause a scene at the airport!

Regarding the packing of your electronics' chargers, I strongly advise against that, at least definitely for international trips. I used to always do that too for many years because chargers are so bulky for some things like laptops, and not necessary in a carryon. That was until my luggage was lost for a few days flying back to college from winter break. It took them several days to find and deliver the luggage to my apartment which contained all of my clothes, no big deal as I had plenty more, but all my chargers for my phone, laptop, etc! Needing my laptop for schoolwork, I nearly would have had to spend over $100 to buy a new one if my luggage hadnt finally arrived as it only had 6 hours of battery life. Now with something like an iphone the charger is cheaper and probably easier to find in a store, but a laptop charger is brand/laptop specific so that would have been more expensive and time consuming to replace. Plus for international, you couldn't replace it for sure because the plug's prongs would be shaped differently. So for these reasons although they take up a lot of space, I never pack my chargers in my checked luggage because I know if I lost them, it could potentially ruin my trip if I couldn't charge my cameras, etc.

Have a great time on the Fantasy! Is this your first time sailing her? I sailed her in January and loved it- so beautiful. I liked the addition of Satellite Falls for adults but I was not happy that they added so much more shaded areas to the top deck than they did on the Dream. I like SUN on vacation and sometimes it was hard to get a lounger in the sun (and I was by myself!) because they added all these shady parts. But other than that its a great ship. Still looking forward to the classic Magic though!

Quote:
Just a follow up with this, I sent the Saint John Mykonos resort an email asking if 1) I could either just wait to give them my CC # in person once we arrive to the resort for our day pass or 2) if there was a secure online form I could fill out for my day pass reservation where I could give my credit card. I just asked them if there was a more secure way to get them my CC rather than fax.

They wrote back and said it would be no problem to give my CC # at the front desk the day we arrive and I could just fax in our reservation form without the CC #, so the same response as you, Nicole.

Thanks for the tip! I'm sure it would probably be fine faxing the CC#, but since the CC wasn't for any pre-payment, I was hoping they'd also be fine with me giving my CC on the day we arrive.
I'm so relieved you got the same response! It makes me feel like its more legit that way. I'm sure we are all going to have a great time at the resort--the day we are in Mykonos has a very high passenger port load if you check the website that lists the cruises in port that day, so the public beaches are going to be insane. St. John's looks like pure bliss and such a great price!

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #1158
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Regarding the packing of your electronics' chargers, I strongly advise against that, at least definitely for international trips. I used to always do that too for many years because chargers are so bulky for some things like laptops, and not necessary in a carryon. That was until my luggage was lost for a few days flying back to college from winter break. It took them several days to find and deliver the luggage to my apartment which contained all of my clothes, no big deal as I had plenty more, but all my chargers for my phone, laptop, etc! Needing my laptop for schoolwork, I nearly would have had to spend over $100 to buy a new one if my luggage hadnt finally arrived as it only had 6 hours of battery life. Now with something like an iphone the charger is cheaper and probably easier to find in a store, but a laptop charger is brand/laptop specific so that would have been more expensive and time consuming to replace. Plus for international, you couldn't replace it for sure because the plug's prongs would be shaped differently. So for these reasons although they take up a lot of space, I never pack my chargers in my checked luggage because I know if I lost them, it could potentially ruin my trip if I couldn't charge my cameras, etc.

Have a great time on the Fantasy! Is this your first time sailing her? I sailed her in January and loved it- so beautiful. I liked the addition of Satellite Falls for adults but I was not happy that they added so much more shaded areas to the top deck than they did on the Dream. I like SUN on vacation and sometimes it was hard to get a lounger in the sun (and I was by myself!) because they added all these shady parts. But other than that its a great ship. Still looking forward to the classic Magic though!

I'm so relieved you got the same response! It makes me feel like its more legit that way. I'm sure we are all going to have a great time at the resort--the day we are in Mykonos has a very high passenger port load if you check the website that lists the cruises in port that day, so the public beaches are going to be insane. St. John's looks like pure bliss and such a great price!
Hey there,

Oh, I wasn't totally specific in my earlier post... actually, for a lot of our electronics, we have more than one charger (this is due to my DH who likes to make sure we have an extra in case we lose one, or leave it in a hotel room, which we've done before, etc), so for my DH's laptop and our cell phones, etc, we bring more than one charger, and we always have chargers in our carry-ons, but have back-ups in our suitcase (this way we can charge our electronics in the airport, too, while we are waiting for our flight). So, that is a long way of saying I totally agree with you! I also hear you on the airlines losing your luggage!! That does happen for sure (let's hope it doesn't happen to any of us for our cruise!!)

Although... one time on British Airways, my DH's luggage didn't arrive to his destination (he was traveling on Business to London). British Airways told him to go out and buy everything he needed to get him by for his trip (so it was all business clothes, and in London, that is not cheap), and send them the receipts, and they would reimburse him! So, in 4 hours of quick shopping, he bought a weeks worth of business clothes and spent quite a bit, and British reimbursed him 100%. But, here is the funny thing.... at the end of his trip, his luggage showed up at his hotel room!! Turns out they "misplaced" his luggage (ie, lost track of it), but they still told him to send him all his receipts and they reimbursed him for his clothes. Not sure if all airlines will do that, but we thought that was pretty good customer service! But, it was pretty stressful to my husband because he literally only had 4 hours to go and find a week's worth of business clothes that fit him right and that were all in sizes he wasn't familiar with! He just went to one department store, and had someone in the men's department completely outfit him for the week. LOL!

Yes, Saint John's does sound really great!!! Hopefully it won't be too crowded, but it will still be so nice!

yes, this will be the first time on the Fantasy (and we've never been on the Dream). We didn't think we would even go on the Fantasy, as we just really love the smaller classic ships, and the big ships don't necessarily appeal to us as much, BUT back when the 2012 fares/itineraries first came out, the price for our family for this particular sailing was too good to be true!! (It has gone up a lot since), and it was right at our boy's spring break (perfect timing!)... and we have tons of airline miles, so we knew we could book mileage tickets to Florida, so we just decided to give the Fantasy a try -- and give us an excuse to do another Disney cruise (and we had a 10% off credit from a "dummy" booking, so we just used that, too)!

SO, we'll see how we like it compared to the Magic and Wonder! I mean, I'm SURE we'll have a super great time!!! We LOVE cruising with Disney (only cruise line we'll go on), and so I KNOW we'll love it... I just am not sure about the amount of people on board (if it'll just feel more crowded, less personable, etc). But, from what I've read on the main DisBoards, people say it doesn't feel crowded like one might think it would. We'll see next week!

Oh, and that is a good heads up on the shady spots on the top deck. I'm like you, I like the sun!! So, I'll be looking for sunny spots for sure. We get PLENTY of shade here in Seattle... LOL!!! So, I definitely gravitate toward sun!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #1159
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Ok...based on the suggestions I bought some ebags for DS and I. DH would just complain about me spending month on something he doesn't need. He "knows" how to pack since he travels most weeks for work...blah, blah, blah.

I got one color set for me, another set for DS plus some extra slims for misc stuff and a set of 3 large in yet another color for the overnights.

DS and DH are going to Colombia for 10 days in June so that will be the perfect opportunity to try them out for DS. Also to see how many he really needs for the trip. Will plan to pack similar to our trip in July. Colors won't really matter and I'll just mix and match to get the right number for him. Then I can estimate mine too and get the rest of what I need.

As soon as I get this project for DS's school done (hopefully tonight) and then our taxes, I'll be able to get back to focusing on this trip!
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #1160
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey there,

Although... one time on British Airways, my DH's luggage didn't arrive to his destination (he was traveling on Business to London). British Airways told him to go out and buy everything he needed to get him by for his trip (so it was all business clothes, and in London, that is not cheap), and send them the receipts, and they would reimburse him! So, in 4 hours of quick shopping, he bought a weeks worth of business clothes and spent quite a bit, and British reimbursed him 100%. But, here is the funny thing.... at the end of his trip, his luggage showed up at his hotel room!! Turns out they "misplaced" his luggage (ie, lost track of it), but they still told him to send him all his receipts and they reimbursed him for his clothes. Not sure if all airlines will do that, but we thought that was pretty good customer service! But, it was pretty stressful to my husband because he literally only had 4 hours to go and find a week's worth of business clothes that fit him right and that were all in sizes he wasn't familiar with! He just went to one department store, and had someone in the men's department completely outfit him for the week. LOL!

Yes, Saint John's does sound really great!!! Hopefully it won't be too crowded, but it will still be so nice!

SO, we'll see how we like it compared to the Magic and Wonder! I mean, I'm SURE we'll have a super great time!!! We LOVE cruising with Disney (only cruise line we'll go on), and so I KNOW we'll love it... I just am not sure about the amount of people on board (if it'll just feel more crowded, less personable, etc). But, from what I've read on the main DisBoards, people say it doesn't feel crowded like one might think it would. We'll see next week!

Oh, and that is a good heads up on the shady spots on the top deck. I'm like you, I like the sun!! So, I'll be looking for sunny spots for sure. We get PLENTY of shade here in Seattle... LOL!!! So, I definitely gravitate toward sun!
In my case with the luggage it was US airways and they told me it had to be missing for a few days (i forget exactly) before I would get any reimbursements for what I purchased, so that didn't help. good thing it worked out for your DH though and he got all that new stuff plus his old stuff back!

I don't think St. John will be crowded. Not many people know about it as far as cruisers go. Even if the resort is full they can only allow so many people. In any event it will be far better than the crowded public beaches.

There were times on the Fantasy/Dream where I felt like there was no difference in crowd size compared to the Classics, but other times it felt way more packed. Cabanas buffet is an absolute zoo of people. Its much larger, but way more people. Also a zoo is the atrium in the evenings- live music, tons of pictures, characters- all this stuff going on at once its insane. The dining rooms are also much louder and larger. But other areas like the adult parts felt no more crowded to me. For me having sailed the classics 4 times and the new ones 3 times, I have pros/cons about each and now pick based on itinerary.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
Old 04-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #1161
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:

Although... one time on British Airways, my DH's luggage didn't arrive to his destination (he was traveling on Business to London). British Airways told him to go out and buy everything he needed to get him by for his trip (so it was all business clothes, and in London, that is not cheap), and send them the receipts, and they would reimburse him! So, in 4 hours of quick shopping, he bought a weeks worth of business clothes and spent quite a bit, and British reimbursed him 100%. But, here is the funny thing.... at the end of his trip, his luggage showed up at his hotel room!! Turns out they "misplaced" his luggage (ie, lost track of it), but they still told him to send him all his receipts and they reimbursed him for his clothes. Not sure if all airlines will do that, but we thought that was pretty good customer service!
Air France would only reimburse 50 euro per person per day when they lost very single piece of our luggage. Geez.

I wish we could have just pre purchased a weeks worth of clothing. Lucky for your husband
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #1162
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think St. John will be crowded. Not many people know about it as far as cruisers go. Even if the resort is full they can only allow so many people. In any event it will be far better than the crowded public beaches.

There were times on the Fantasy/Dream where I felt like there was no difference in crowd size compared to the Classics, but other times it felt way more packed. Cabanas buffet is an absolute zoo of people. Its much larger, but way more people. Also a zoo is the atrium in the evenings- live music, tons of pictures, characters- all this stuff going on at once its insane. The dining rooms are also much louder and larger. But other areas like the adult parts felt no more crowded to me. For me having sailed the classics 4 times and the new ones 3 times, I have pros/cons about each and now pick based on itinerary.
I thought of that, that the resort would only give out so many day passes, so you are right... even if the resort is full, it won't be crazy with crowds.

Thanks for the info on the Fantasy. I'm sure we'll find less crowded spots that will become our favorite places to hang out! It'll be a great experience all together, I'm sure. We are the same... we choose cruises for the itinerary (we just tend choose the classic ships over the big ships even if they both have itineraries we like), but we decided it wouldn't hurt to try out the Fantasy (and we'll be going to San Juan, Puerto Rico, so that is a new port, which will be fun.)

I wish Disney would come out with even more diverse itineraries. I was pretty disappointed when they moved the Wonder from LA to Miami only to sail to the same ports as the other ships. I'd love it if they did an itinerary that sailed down to Central or South America! Maybe one year! I also wish they would have sailed to Hawaii sometime that worked with our kid's school schedule, but they are at an age where it's too hard to pull them out of school for a 15 day cruise. We pulled them out of school for the January 2010 Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder, but they were in 3rd and 4th grades, so it was easier then to pull them out. But, in the fall, they will both be in Middle School, so it's just too hard to pull them out of school for any extended period of time. But, I'd LOVE to sail to Hawaii, if it worked.... and ALSO would LOOOOOVE to do the Transatlantic Crossing (my dream cruise!!) but unless they do that in August, we will have to wait until our boys are in college (at least to go with Disney).

But, we are super excited about the Med, and just the cruises we are able to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
Air France would only reimburse 50 euro per person per day when they lost very single piece of our luggage. Geez.

I wish we could have just pre purchased a weeks worth of clothing. Lucky for your husband
I don't know if British Airways does that for all passengers whose luggage is lost, but my husband racks up a lot of miles with them, so it might be because he is the Gold tier with BA, that is why they told him to just go buy a whole weeks worth of clothes and they'd reimburse him. I have no idea.... but it was above and beyond for sure! We were really surprised they did this.

What a bummer about your luggage with Air France!!! Did they ever find it and return it to you? Hopefully they did!!!

Ok, so here's to EVERYONE in this Dis Group having *NO* luggage problems from beginning to end for this Med cruise!!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #1163
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post
Ok...based on the suggestions I bought some ebags for DS and I. DH would just complain about me spending month on something he doesn't need. He "knows" how to pack since he travels most weeks for work...blah, blah, blah.

I got one color set for me, another set for DS plus some extra slims for misc stuff and a set of 3 large in yet another color for the overnights.

DS and DH are going to Colombia for 10 days in June so that will be the perfect opportunity to try them out for DS. Also to see how many he really needs for the trip. Will plan to pack similar to our trip in July. Colors won't really matter and I'll just mix and match to get the right number for him. Then I can estimate mine too and get the rest of what I need.

As soon as I get this project for DS's school done (hopefully tonight) and then our taxes, I'll be able to get back to focusing on this trip!
Yay! You will love the cubes, I'm certain of it. If it's any consolation, when I first started talking about getting the cubes, and when my DH saw how they just add up in price, he also said he didn't need any for the same reasons... he travels a lot, has a packing system that works for him, etc.

But, when he saw how incredibly organized things we were when did our first family trip with the cubes, he changed his mind. He now loves them.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #1164
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wish Disney would come out with even more diverse itineraries. I was pretty disappointed when they moved the Wonder from LA to Miami only to sail to the same ports as the other ships. I'd love it if they did an itinerary that sailed down to Central or South America! Maybe one year! I also wish they would have sailed to Hawaii sometime that worked with our kid's school schedule, but they are at an age where it's too hard to pull them out of school for a 15 day cruise. ALSO would LOOOOOVE to do the Transatlantic Crossing (my dream cruise!!) but unless they do that in August, we will have to wait until our boys are in college (at least to go with Disney).
I am totally on the same page with you wishing that DCL would come out with more diverse itineraries. I also would love Central or South America! Even more southern caribbean would be nice to the lesser known islands. They are doing only a few of them in Fall 2014 but they are only 7 nighters- I'd want to do at least a 10 night so it could still leave from Florida and get Castaway Cay in, plus a good number of sea days, plus the southern islands. I booked the Westbound Transatlantic for September 2014 which is 14 nights. It has a lot of new port of calls (Tenerife, Malaga, St. Kitts, Antigua) plus some repeats for me (Barcelona, St. Maarten). Doesn't stop at CC which is a bummer but does end in San Juan so overall the weather should be warmer for the crossing than on their past TAs because its ending much further south than Florida. But yea in general I definitely want more itinerary diversity. Asia would be so cool- combine with Tokyo or Shanghai Disneyland!

Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #1165
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

I totally agree about new itineraries! We really wanted to do Hawaii but DS is in middle school, starting high school next year and there is just no way we can take him out for that long. A transatlantic or Panama Canal cruise is also a dream trip but again, always during our school year. They also plan the DVC member cruises right at the start of the school terms so we miss out on those. I've almost been tempted to start home schooling just to make vacationing easier!

Have fun on the Fantasy! Can't wait to hear about it! I've been nervous about trying it too because of crowds. I love the Magic. We almost went on the inaugural cruise for the Fantasy with an amazing rate but backed out just because DH & I couldn't get the thought of all those people on the sea days out of our heads! I'm so glad reports have said it isn't that bad for the most part. We may break down some day

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #1166
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
I totally agree about new itineraries! We really wanted to do Hawaii but DS is in middle school, starting high school next year and there is just no way we can take him out for that long. A transatlantic or Panama Canal cruise is also a dream trip but again, always during our school year. They also plan the DVC member cruises right at the start of the school terms so we miss out on those. I've almost been tempted to start home schooling just to make vacationing easier!

Have fun on the Fantasy! Can't wait to hear about it! I've been nervous about trying it too because of crowds. I love the Magic. We almost went on the inaugural cruise for the Fantasy with an amazing rate but backed out just because DH & I couldn't get the thought of all those people on the sea days out of our heads! I'm so glad reports have said it isn't that bad for the most part. We may break down some day
I hear you on all your points on the not being able to go on the fun and different itineraries because they only have them during school. I keep holding on that they will announce some really great new itinerary in a totally different part of the world (when school is not in session!). I know... the people who home-school are lucky because they have the ability to do some of these longer more unique itineraries... On the Panama Canal cruise, there was a large group of home-schoolers that I saw get together each day and their kids all did homework. It was pretty cool. My kids brought homework from school with them, so they did homework, too. But, the homeschoolers kind of formed a bond.

I will let you all know about how our Fantasy cruise was. In all honesty, I've been SO consumed with planning the Med cruise that I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about the Fantasy cruise. But, I did book an excursion, and we are going Ziplining in Puerto Rico, so that will be a ton of fun!! We did that in Mexico (on the Disney Mexican Riviera cruise), and it was awesome! I'm also just excited to see the new ship and see how it compares to the classic ships, and also the Aqua Duck will be fun. We did not book the French restaurant on the Fantasy (I think it's called, Remy?). It is SO expensive!! I figured it out that with dinner and wine & gratuity, we'd be paying over $200 for that dinner... so we're just doing Palo and the MDR's for dinner.

Well, I'll get to come back and get all caught up on all the latest Mediterranean Cruise discussions here, so that will be fun!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #1167
tajz90
Mama D

Anyone else getting random cruise confirmations? I keep getting an email from Disney saying congrats for booking this cruise. It's weird.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #1168
CaptainandTennille
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
Anyone else getting random cruise confirmations? I keep getting an email from Disney saying congrats for booking this cruise. It's weird.
I got one too! Do you have a GTY? Maybe they are assigning cabins? I'm sure they have people placed long before they let us know!
CaptainandTennille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #1169
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainandTennille View Post

I got one too! Do you have a GTY? Maybe they are assigning cabins? I'm sure they have people placed long before they let us know!
Nope. We have a cabin booked since opening day. We haven't made changes or been on the website adding excursions, nothing. It's weird and scares me every time. haha. I keep thinking somehow the reservations been changed (even canceled) and we are just out of luck.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #1170
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did not book the French restaurant on the Fantasy (I think it's called, Remy?). It is SO expensive!! I figured it out that with dinner and wine & gratuity, we'd be paying over $200 for that dinner... so we're just doing Palo and the MDR's for dinner.
I would reconsider skipping Remy. It is so incredibly fantastic. Its really the one feature of the Dream/Fantasy that I'm seriously bummed that the classic ships don't have- I've had dinner there twice now and both have been some of the best meals of my life. I am a total foodie, love trying new things and multiple tasting courses, so for me it was a dream. And the $75 price tag is really a bargain if you compare it to a similar experience on land--similar to Victoria and Albert's which I've done and I believe is now at least $125/pp, and multi-course tasting menus like Remy in big cities around the world that I've done are easily $150-$200 pp. For these reasons I will do it on every cruise that is at least 4 nights or longer from now on. I also tried the Remy brunch on my last cruise and that was also fantastic, dinner is still my favorite but I would do brunch again in a heartbeat as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: