Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #1051
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Fran View Post
Oh good. I was a little worried that you WERE one of those runners that's more concerned about being cute and I was gonna haffta give ya the whatfor from my soapbox I'm a late-to-start runner (got inspired to start running at 35) and still use the run-walk method but am working toward just running. Listening to your body is SOOO important! and brisk walking totally counts still!

The good news is that the running shoe companies are coming out with cuter colors, so unlike the way it used to be where the good stable running shoes were just plain looking, they now are making really good running shoes for all types of runners & feet in cuter colors. I was so excited when the running shoe I wear (the ONLY one I wear that works for me) FINALLY came out in some super cute colors, and no longer just plain white with maybe a little blue or orange on it. But, yes, I'd go for plain looking over cute to keep from having hurting/painful feet/injuries!! It's just not worth it.

Good for you... and run/walk is SO good for you. You are smart to start that way!!

My aunt started running at age 64! She just ran her first 1/2 marathon last year (she was 67). It's never too late (if running is something you want to try doing, and you train correctly and strength train regularly to build up your running muscles in order to support your joints better (that is so important!) ).

Ok, so now we are off topic.... sorry!! I could talk about running, etc, forever. LOL!!

So back on topic... any other walking shoe recommendations/or light weight clothes that work in hot weather as well as cathedrals?

Oh, and just a tip... given the hot weather and out walking/touring for 10 hours straight at some places, some people might deal with chaffing (ie, if you sweat, your clothes my stick and rub wrong, and then you can chaffe, and that can hurt so bad). I highly recommend Body Glide to keep from chaffing:

http://www.amazon.com/BodyGlide-AB4-...ords=bodyglide

When we travel to hot places, we always have this with us. I put it on myself, and my boys (and my husband uses it, too) before we leave for the day of being out and about (just put it where we tend to chafe, or could chafe to be preventative), and I keep it in my day bag to reapply if needed during the day. and it works SOOO well!!!

Thanks, Dormouse7899 -- TEVA is a good brand, too. I'll put that on my list to check out. Do you have an example (like a link that shows them) of the TEVA leather sandals you like?
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #1052
disfreaks
Mouseketeer

I like Priva (I think that is the name) flip flops. They have a good walking sole and I wear them around Disneyworld. Are we able to wear sandals/flip flops in the churches or do we need close toed shoes?
Freedom of the Seas 7/10
Disney Dream 7/11, Disney Wonder 12/11
Disney Magic 7/13 Mediterranean and Greece
disfreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #1053
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainandTennille View Post
Hello! Just joined this cruise. Very excited but feeling a little guilty about leaving my husband and kids home. This is going to be a fun girls trip with good friends. I haven't been able to catch up on all the posts yet, but I wanted to join the roll call and see if it was too late to sign up for the FE?
You can still sign up for the fish extender on the first page, I have not done any of the assignments yet.

If you have any questions with signing up, just let me know.
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #1054
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToRun View Post
Ok, so I have a question for those of you who have cruised the Med before with Disney.

I read one person's post (I think on the main Dis boards) somewhere that on their Disney Med cruise there were women who were topless at the pools on the Disney cruise ship. Now, I TOTALLLLY get this is Europe, and I 100% am expecting to see topless women at beaches, etc, etc.... I mean, it's part of their culture, so I totally get that, and I have no issues especially since this is part of the European culture (ie, if we didn't want to even be around that, we would not choose to go to Europe)...

But, it didn't occur to me that women might be going topless on the pool decks of the ship, I guess because I associate Disney with a family oriented atmosphere (that is, North American-minded family oriented atmosphere, to be more specific).

Just wondering if any of you past Med cruises saw topless women often on the pool deck of the ship, or just a few, or none at all? Just thinking about the kids, is all. And, so we'll know to expect this, rather than be caught off guard when hanging out on deck 10. If we know to expect it, it'll be fine.
Only saw them going topless at the adult pool area, and it was more just sitting in their chair, never walking around any part of the boat.
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #1055
pennymike
Must obey the Mouse!

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I saw a thread on this on the main Dis boards, so I thought I'd bring it up here to see what you all have planned (if you've thought this far ahead).

What do you all plan to wear at the ports where it'll most likely be very hot, but then have to cover your shoulders and wear long pants/skirts to go into churches, the Vatican, temples, etc. etc. etc.

This is not my style at all, but I'm considering getting some of those convertible pants. They are light weight, work well in the heat, and they can be shorts, but also pants when you need them, so very versitile. But, I also might bring longer light weight skirts. As for tops (for me), I'm thinking of tank tops, but then have a light weight shawl to put over my shoulders when I need to cover up. Hmmmmm.....

As for the guys (my husband and boys), I might get the convertible pants for them, too, and they will just wear t-shirts.

But, just wondering what you all plan, and maybe I'll get more ideas this way!

We are trying to be economical with our packing because we are spending time in Europe before and after our cruise, so we don't want a lot of extra clothes or heavy clothes.

Also, does anyone have any good recommendations of GOOD walking shoes/sandals that work well in the heat, but you can go hours all day without your feet hurting or getting blisters? I'd love recommendations of what type of shoe you love (I'm fine paying a lot for a GOOD shoe... I think shoes will make or break your day. There is nothing worse than having hurting feet and you still have several hours to go)! For shoes, I'm kind of thinking of something light weight, airy (to help with the heat), but very stable, comfortable, durable and sturdy, and if possibly, fashionable (ie, for a female, can wear with both pants and a skirt/dress), that would be a bonus! Can you get all of these qualities in ONE shoe?!
Thanks!!
Regarding 'dresscode' options in europe....I will try to attach some photos, but I remember it being tricky, so I'll work on it. In the mean time: our signature photo below #3 shows my DH and I in Tunis on our 2010 Med cruise. The top I wore here worked out GREAT, and it was, as they say, "Africa Hot" there! It was probably from Eddie Bauer, linen type, light weight, but 3/4 sleeve so as to be appropriate for the location. I also wore tank tops and brought a white linen like cap-sleeved shirt (also from EB) and put that on over the tank when needed. Another day, I had a light weight white 'scarf' that could be used as a shawl to cover shoulders. That worked great too.

My husband had a pair of the pants with the zip off legs, and IN THEORY they were a great idea, but the material they were made out of (which was intended to dry quickly, breathe well, etc) was TOO HOT for him! He hated them! He said he felt like he was wearing a plastic bag. SO....the design is GREAT, just be cautious of what material it is made out of.

NOW....SHOES. This was a tough one for me, too, since I had read that Europeans don't wear tennis shoes, and I was trying very hard to not stand out as a tourist. (Like as if the numbered excursion sticker and whisper system head phones didn't give THAT away!) Well, maybe at least we didn't want to look obviously "American"! However, I am also extremely dedicated to feet that don't hurt, so it was tricky. DH and I both wore Keene sandals, but be sure they don't give you blisters on the back of your heels in hot weather. I also got a pair of Merrill sandals that are leather, closed toe. Honestly, by the end of the ALL day excursions hiking around Pompeii, etc, I did end up with a blister on the top of my foot, but nothing a bandaid in my day bag didn't fix.

***BTW: FULLY support the Body Glide suggestion! Powder can help, too.

DH just gave me a brilliant idea....It's MUCH easier to post pix to FB, so I'll post some "fashion pix" (haha) there for you!

Penny
04/2004 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise, Wonder. 07/2006 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 07/2007 - 7-Night @ WDW - Yacht Club Resort. 12/2007 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 08/2008 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise, Wonder and 3-Night @ WDW - Wilderness Lodge Resort. 04/2009 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 07/2009 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 12/2009 - 7-Night Christmas Eastern Caribbean, Magic. 08/2010 - 11-Night Mediterranean Cruise, Magic. 12/2010 - 11-Night Christmas Cruise, Magic. 08/2011 - 5-Night Bahamian Cruise, Dream, 08/2011 - 4 Night @ WDW - WLV and AKV. 12/2011 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Magic. 07/2012, 2-Nights @ BWV & 7-Night Western Caribbean, Fantasy. 07/2013 - 12 Night Mediterranean Cruise, Magic. 12/2013 7-Night NYE Eastern Caribbean, Fantasy. Up and coming: 08/2014, 7-Night Western Caribbean w/Jamaica, Fantasy then 07/2015 12-Night Northern Europe, Magic.

pennymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #1056
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Cooking in Tuscany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor View Post
That is exactly what we are doing. Except the opposite - cooking and then Pisa.

I had a pretty tough time finding a place near La Spezia - and I sent quite a few emails to different companies without response.

I have written about it in my pre-trip report (post 5 & 19) if that might help you at all. (The link is in my signature)
In 2011, we used Arianna and Friends for a day including a stop at an interesting castle, a pizza cooking class and a trip to Pisa. I see Heather (newfound sailer) is using them for this cruise. They are wonderful - just a bit pricey for us this time. If the price doesn't concern you: I would highly recommend them.
Randi
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #1057
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Does anyone know what day is formal night, pirate night, etc.?

Does anyone know what days are our formal, semi-formal, pirate nights? Just trying to plan ahead.

Thanks,
Maryann
Old 03-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #1058
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsG
Does anyone know what days are our formal, semi-formal, pirate nights? Just trying to plan ahead.

Thanks,
Maryann
Randi posted on the Facebook page this week that she got these dates from DCL:

7/17 formal
7/21 pirate
7/22 semi formal

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #1059
CaptainandTennille
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleblanc View Post
You can still sign up for the fish extender on the first page, I have not done any of the assignments yet.

If you have any questions with signing up, just let me know.
Thank you! This is only my second time cruising Disney and my first time without my kids. This is still a bit new
CaptainandTennille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:48 AM   #1060
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennymike View Post
Regarding 'dresscode' options in europe....I will try to attach some photos, but I remember it being tricky, so I'll work on it. In the mean time: our signature photo below #3 shows my DH and I in Tunis on our 2010 Med cruise. The top I wore here worked out GREAT, and it was, as they say, "Africa Hot" there! It was probably from Eddie Bauer, linen type, light weight, but 3/4 sleeve so as to be appropriate for the location. I also wore tank tops and brought a white linen like cap-sleeved shirt (also from EB) and put that on over the tank when needed. Another day, I had a light weight white 'scarf' that could be used as a shawl to cover shoulders. That worked great too.

My husband had a pair of the pants with the zip off legs, and IN THEORY they were a great idea, but the material they were made out of (which was intended to dry quickly, breathe well, etc) was TOO HOT for him! He hated them! He said he felt like he was wearing a plastic bag. SO....the design is GREAT, just be cautious of what material it is made out of.

NOW....SHOES. This was a tough one for me, too, since I had read that Europeans don't wear tennis shoes, and I was trying very hard to not stand out as a tourist. (Like as if the numbered excursion sticker and whisper system head phones didn't give THAT away!) Well, maybe at least we didn't want to look obviously "American"! However, I am also extremely dedicated to feet that don't hurt, so it was tricky. DH and I both wore Keene sandals, but be sure they don't give you blisters on the back of your heels in hot weather. I also got a pair of Merrill sandals that are leather, closed toe. Honestly, by the end of the ALL day excursions hiking around Pompeii, etc, I did end up with a blister on the top of my foot, but nothing a bandaid in my day bag didn't fix.

***BTW: FULLY support the Body Glide suggestion! Powder can help, too.

DH just gave me a brilliant idea....It's MUCH easier to post pix to FB, so I'll post some "fashion pix" (haha) there for you!

Penny
Thanks for all the GREAT info!!! I'm definitely looking into Keens for shoes, and thanks for the info on the convertible pants (I keep on wanting to call them zip-off pants, but I realize that really doesn't sound right. LOL!!!). But, I didn't think about the material, but will consider that (if I look into them for my husband or boys even).

Does anyone know if it's acceptable to wear a skirt or shorts that hits RIGHT at the knee into the Vatican? Something like both of these?

http://www.rei.com/product/844011/no...sea-bike-skirt

http://www.rei.com/product/844711/lo...-shorts-womens

Or, would it need to actually be below the knee? I love skirts the length of the skirt in the length above, but don't want to be turned away from cathedrals, churches and the Vatican only to find they need to actually be below the knee.

Thanks!!

Thanks!!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #1061
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Rome Tour

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever used, "Can't Be Missed Tours" in Rome?

http://cantbemissedtours.com/

Rick Steve's recommends them, so they must be good. There aren't a LOT of reviews on the internet (I've searched TONS... only a handful on Trip Advisor and a few other elsewhere, and most of those are reviews on Naples and Pompeii.) But, they are all excellent 5-star reviews, so that is good!

They are a really good price! I emailed them to get more info, and they got back to me right away and were really nice. So, I feel good about it, but with not many reviews online, I wanted to see if anyone here has used them?

Basically, they are 62 Euros per adult, and then you pay for the Vatican ticket extra and the Colosseum ticket extra (IF you want to go inside the Colosseum, but that is optional as part of the tour.) So, if you go inside the Colosseum and the Vatican, it comes out to about 95 Euros per person, which is about $120 per person (then add gratuity on top of that).

They meet you at the train station at port at 8:00 - 8:30 AM, and you are with your guide the entire time starting from port (they do small groups of 10 - 20). Then, they do a walking tour of all the major sites, and you get priority entrance in the Vatican and the Colosseum (so no waiting in line), and you are on your own for lunch for an hour of free time, and then they bring you back to port on the train (and guarantee you'll be back by 5:15PM).

Compared to all the other tours, this is a steal of a deal! And, for our family, plus my parents (so 6 of us total) spending $345 per person for all 6 of us (since both my boys are in the "adult price" category) for the Best of Rome Disney Tour REALLY adds up!!

This tour sees pretty much all of the same sites as the "Best of Rome" Disney tour, but a fraction of the cost.

But, I also don't want to make a mistake by booking something that may not be that great just to save a little money.

Any thoughts??

Last edited by LovesToRun; 03-18-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #1062
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone know if it's acceptable to wear a skirt or shorts that hits RIGHT at the knee into the Vatican? Something like both of these?

http://www.rei.com/product/844011/no...sea-bike-skirt

http://www.rei.com/product/844711/lo...-shorts-womens

Or, would it need to actually be below the knee? I love skirts the length of the skirt in the length above, but don't want to be turned away from cathedrals, churches and the Vatican only to find they need to actually be below the knee.

Thanks!!
This is a good question. In doing internet searches of various forums where people ask about the dress code, I've seen some replies where they say the dress code is strictly enforced, while others said that men with the bermuda shorts just above the knee were let in with no problem. For me, its not worth it to chance it. What a pain it would be if you get there and they don't allow you in- I'd rather be safe than sorry or have to scramble trying to buy something there to cover more skin. It is definitely annoying, more so for my dad- I have plenty of capris that go just past my knee so I'm good, but all of his shorts are just above the knee, so I'm trying to find a good deal on the convertible pants/shorts. Hopefully they will be decent enough that he'll wear them again since Rome is the only place with such strict restrictions on what to wear and I hate to buy a garment for only one use.

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever used, "Can't Be Missed Tours" in Rome?

http://cantbemissedtours.com/

Rick Steve's recommends them, so they must be good. There aren't a LOT of reviews on the internet (I've searched TONS... only a handful on Trip Advisor and a few other elsewhere, and most of those are reviews on Naples and Pompeii.) But, they are all excellent 5-star reviews, so that is good!

They are a really good price! I emailed them to get more info, and they got back to me right away and were really nice. So, I feel good about it, but with not many reviews online, I wanted to see if anyone here has used them?

Basically, they are 62 Euros per adult, and then you pay for the Vatican ticket extra and the Colosseum ticket extra (IF you want to go inside the Colosseum, but that is optional as part of the tour.) So, if you go inside the Colosseum and the Vatican, it comes out to about 95 Euros per person, which is about $120 per person (then add gratuity on top of that).

They meet you at the train station at port at 8:00 - 8:30 AM, and you are with your guide the entire time starting from port (they do small groups of 10 - 20). Then, they do a walking tour of all the major sites, and you get priority entrance in the Vatican and the Colosseum (so no waiting in line), and you are on your own for lunch for an hour of free time, and then they bring you back to port on the train (and guarantee you'll be back by 5:15PM).

Compared to all the other tours, this is a steal of a deal! And, for our family, plus my parents (so 6 of us total) spending $345 per person for all 6 of us (since both my boys are in the "adult price" category) for the Best of Rome Disney Tour REALLY adds up!!

This tour sees pretty much all of the same sites as the "Best of Rome" Disney tour, but a fraction of the cost.

But, I also don't want to make a mistake by booking something that may not be that great just to save a little money.

Any thoughts??
Hmmm. This sounds like a great tour and an unbelievable price. Are the train tickets also included in the price or is that separate? Either way, still a great deal. But, it would worry me that there aren't many reviews. It must be a really small, "in the know" company then. For me, I don't think I'd want to take the risk. Since we only have 1 day in Rome, it has to go just right. If we were there for a few days, I'd go with it, because if they didn't show up, you could figure out a backup plan for another day in your trip. but on a cruise, we don't have that luxury. I hate how much we are spending for our private Rome tour, but it has hundreds of reviews on TripAdvisor and it is a well known company, plus large enough that they have plenty of drivers/guides/backups in case of any issues. For those reasons, if it were me I would skip on this one and go with one of the more reputable companies.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #1063
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
This is a good question. In doing internet searches of various forums where people ask about the dress code, I've seen some replies where they say the dress code is strictly enforced, while others said that men with the bermuda shorts just above the knee were let in with no problem. For me, its not worth it to chance it. What a pain it would be if you get there and they don't allow you in- I'd rather be safe than sorry or have to scramble trying to buy something there to cover more skin. It is definitely annoying, more so for my dad- I have plenty of capris that go just past my knee so I'm good, but all of his shorts are just above the knee, so I'm trying to find a good deal on the convertible pants/shorts. Hopefully they will be decent enough that he'll wear them again since Rome is the only place with such strict restrictions on what to wear and I hate to buy a garment for only one use.

Hmmm. This sounds like a great tour and an unbelievable price. Are the train tickets also included in the price or is that separate? Either way, still a great deal. But, it would worry me that there aren't many reviews. It must be a really small, "in the know" company then. For me, I don't think I'd want to take the risk. Since we only have 1 day in Rome, it has to go just right. If we were there for a few days, I'd go with it, because if they didn't show up, you could figure out a backup plan for another day in your trip. but on a cruise, we don't have that luxury. I hate how much we are spending for our private Rome tour, but it has hundreds of reviews on TripAdvisor and it is a well known company, plus large enough that they have plenty of drivers/guides/backups in case of any issues. For those reasons, if it were me I would skip on this one and go with one of the more reputable companies.

Thanks, Nicole!! I think you're right with the knee length skirt/short thing. I won't risk it!! I totally agree... would be so bad if they wouldn't let me in. I will have capri's and other pants, so I'm just going to make sure on my days we go to church's, cathedrals, the Vatican, etc, I have something below my knees.

Re: the tour company, yes, train and bus tickets are all included in the price. It is highly recommended by Rick Steve's (in fact, he has write more about them in his book than a most of the other tour companies he recommends in his book. But, yes... since there aren't tons of reviews (I think just because they are a tiny company (and Rick Steve's even says they are a "Tiny Company") that might be why... it might be a lot of people don't know about them. But, one thing I do like is on Trip Advisor, the manager of the company has personally responded to each review (which I always see that as a positive thing on Trip Advisor).

Anyway, we're still undecided, but for our family, it is a great deal... and the fact every review I have read online is excellent, tells me they must be good. I even found several video reviews by guests on You Tube describing their experience as extremely positive and right on time.

I keep coming back to this company as I've researched SOOOO many companies... I'm going to wait and still think about it..

The other thing, too, is since we take the train (and not a private car), we would totally keep tabs on our watch, and if for some reason I can tell by like 2:30 PM we are running behind, we can just tell the guide we need to be on the train by (such and such time) and then make sure we get on the train on time. I can't imagine that would happen (based off the reviews).

The other thing is we've been to Rome before, but our kids haven't, so if it doesn't go "perfectly" it's not a HUGE deal...

But, again, still thinking about it!! Would love more thoughts, if anyone here has any!!

Thanks!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #1064
Hanover
DIS Veteran

Has any platinum cc member sucessfully completed the online check in? I have added our flight info several times and it keeps saying server error. Tried a few different computers and browsers and also get the error message. Only one time did it allow me to see the cruise contract and it was when I couldn't print it out from that specific computer. I did take a screen shot. When I log out and log back in, it will say complete. Then I go to edit info to try to print the cruise contract and the flight information is not there. I had issues trying to save excursions to favorites over and over the last few weeks before booking too, so I'm not sure if it's just me or the website.
Next WDW Trips: 6/3-6/10/2014 AKV;AKV Jambo Concierge 7/24-7/25; Beach Club 7/25-7/26; Vero Beach 7/26-7/31/2014; BLT 7/31-8/1/2014; BLT 10/19-10/22/2014 F&W Festival; MNSSHP; AKV Jambo Concierge 11/25-11/30/2014
Next DCL Cruises: 11/30/2014 Magic to Jamaica; Baltic 7/10/2015 Eastern Fantasy 11/2015

2/12-2/16/2014 4 Day Wonder Cruise Miami; 12/7/2013 AKV Jambo House Concierge; 11/30/2013 7 day Eastern Fantasy cruise; 11/26-11/30/2013 AKV Jambo House; 9/29-10/1/2013 BLT; Disneyland Paris 7/27/2013; 7/13-25/2013 Eastern Mediterranean Magic; 6/6-6/11/2013 Star Wars Weekends/AKV Jambo House Concierge; 2/7-2/12/2013 Saratoga Spring Resort;12 /6-12/9/2012 Jambo House Concierge; 12/2/2012 4 Day Dream; 11/30-12/2/2012 Jambo House Concierge;11/1-2/2012 AKV; 10/28/2012: 4 day Disney Dream/1st DCL trip minus our kids;10/27-28/2012 BLT; 1st Disneyland Trip: 8/6-8/12/2012;Disneyland Resort/Grand Californian; 6/7-6/12/2012 Jambo House/ Last Star Wars Weekend of 2012; 5/17-5/21/2012 AKV- Kidani/1st Star Wars Weekend of 2012; 1/1-1/2/2012: AKV Jambo House; 12/27-12/30/2011 AKV-Jambo House;12/3/2011 AKV-Kidani; 11/26/11 Western Magic; 11/22-26/2011 AKV-Kidani; 7/18-7/2011 AKV Kidani; 7/22-24/2011/Jambo House Concierge; 7/24/11 5 Night Dream Cruise; 7/29-30/2011AKV Jambo House Concierge; 7/31-8/2/2011 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/8-6/14/2011 AKV Kidani Village; 12/9-12/12/2010 AKV/MVMCP; 12/5/2010 4 Night Wonder; 12/3-12/5 AKV Jambo House concierge; 10/22-25/2010 AKV/MNSSHP; 7/18/2010 Magic Northern European Capitals/Baltic Cruise; 6/4-8/2010 AKV Jambo House Concierge/Star Wars Weekends; 1/31/09 Beach Club Villas; 1/28/10 3 Night Wonder; 12/12-12/13/2009 BLT;12/5-12/12 Eastern Magic to Tortola;12/3-12/5 AKV Jambo House Concierge;10/30-11/02 Kidani/BLT & MNSSHP;8/12-8/24/09 AKV/Kidani; 8/13/09 3 Day Wonder; 6/5-8/2009 Star Wars Weekends/AKV;1/31/09-2/5/09;2/1/09 4 Night Wonder;12/5-12/14/08 AKV;12/7 Mousefest cruise; 8/21-9/1/08 AKV; 4 Day Wonder 8/24; Pop Century for Free Dining!Pop Century for SWW 6/13-6/17/2008 AKV 4/24-4/29/08-AKV 12/2007-12/1/07 Western Magic cruise-VWL 11/2007 -10/07 BCV/1st DVC trip-7/7/07 11 Day DCL Med Cruise-Star Wars Weekends ASM/ POR/CSR June 2007- POR/CSR/ 3 Day Wonder/CBR December 4-11, 2006 - Offsite July 2006-Eastern Magic May 13-20, 2006 -Offsite May 2006 - CBR 1/2006-CBR 8/2005-Offsite 4/2005-AKL/Wonder Land & Sea vacation 2/2005-Offsite 12/2003-Offsite 4/2003-Offsite 7 & 8/2002-Offsite 11/99-CBR 11/96 (Honeymoon)-Offsite 3/87-Too many times to count 1982-1984 when living in Orlando-Offsite 1976- Offsite 1974-Offsite 1973
Hanover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #1065
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMom3461 View Post
In 2011, we used Arianna and Friends for a day including a stop at an interesting castle, a pizza cooking class and a trip to Pisa. I see Heather (newfound sailer) is using them for this cruise. They are wonderful - just a bit pricey for us this time. If the price doesn't concern you: I would highly recommend them.
Randi
That's great Randi - I'm glad to hear they come so highly recommended. We are lucky we are splitting costs 10 ways so it helps with the pricing of special excursions like this.

What did you end up choosing for your menu?

Check out my Med Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078020
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: