Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #916
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior
tagz - we are using an archeologist Cristina Giannicchi and her company for the Coliseum. Not specifically doing the underground but an archeologist may be the way to go. Cristina Giannicchi www.crisacross.com. Her company was recommended by Rick Steves Mediterranean cruising book and she was very highly rated on trip advisor.
Thank you all info is appreciated.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #917
KYDIZFAN
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 175

We are on that one too.
__________________
KYDIZFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #918
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 534

Booked for 2014 - Orville and slg - my mom will and brother, wife and kids will be joining you on Venice to Barcelona.

I am booked on the Dream Castaway Quay double dip - room 2519.
__________________
Disneyland - 21 times, Disney World Feb 05, Nov 11 DCL Eastern Carribean Feb 05, Alaska July 11, Mediterranean July 13
JimmyJackJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #919
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDIZFAN View Post
We are on that one too.
Sorry, your on what one?
__________________
Disneyland - 21 times, Disney World Feb 05, Nov 11 DCL Eastern Carribean Feb 05, Alaska July 11, Mediterranean July 13
JimmyJackJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #920
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,399

I assume several guests canceled their reservations for this year and moved them because there is more availability for our sailing this morning then there has been the last few months. Of course, the price didn't drop.

I'm holding on. No backing out!

Booked the Dungeon / Underground tour at the Colosseum yesterday. Now deciding what else I should do in Rome....
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #921
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
I assume several guests canceled their reservations for this year and moved them because there is more availability for our sailing this morning then there has been the last few months. Of course, the price didn't drop.

I'm holding on. No backing out!

Booked the Dungeon / Underground tour at the Colosseum yesterday. Now deciding what else I should do in Rome....
Not expecting the price to drop. My mom just booked the same cruise for next year and paid $14,000 for two oceanview rooms after we paid $8,800.
__________________
Disneyland - 21 times, Disney World Feb 05, Nov 11 DCL Eastern Carribean Feb 05, Alaska July 11, Mediterranean July 13
JimmyJackJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #922
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior

Not expecting the price to drop. My mom just booked the same cruise for next year and paid $14,000 for two oceanview rooms after we paid $8,800.
No, not expecting it to drop either. tongue -n- cheek comment !
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #923
dormouse7899
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 17

Looking forward to the cruise. Lots of snow here in Massachusetts so a hot day in the Mediterranean sounds good today. Please add my family to roll call.

Dorothy (mom)
Todd (dad)
Mason (14)
Room 2064 but hoping to improve it.

Also traveling with us:
Arlene (aka Nonna/grandma)
Andrew (aka Pa/grandpa)

Dorothy, Todd and Mason are interested in Fish-extenders so I added our family to the spreadsheet already.

Would love to meet other families at meet and greet that have 14 year old boys too.

This will be our second Disney cruise. We did the Carribean a few years back. It was great.

We have booked private tours for some cities but will do Disney excursions for some as well. I am confused about the best thing to do in France given it a holiday and will be likely crowded everywhere.
dormouse7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #924
slg
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: victoria bc canada
Posts: 1,480

I have a 14 year old boy!! (and a 17 year old and an 11 year old and a 49 year old too!)
__________________
DCL WONDER Alaska Cruise August 19-26, 2013
DCL MAGIC Med Cruise July 13-25, 2013
DCL FANTASY NYE Dec. 29- Jan. 5, 2013
DCL MAGIC NY to Bahamas July 20-28,2012
DCL DREAM Cruise Dec. 18-22, 2011
WDW. POR Dec. 2011
DCL WONDER Alaska Cruise July 12-19, 2011
DCL MAGIC Baltic Cruise July 6-18, 2010
ABD Ireland July 22, 2009
DCL MAGIC Mexican Riviera June 1-8 2008
DCL MAGIC Eastern April 28-May 5, 2007
WDW-POR April 2007
DCL MAGIC Western May 6-13, 2006
WDW-POR Apr 2006
WDW-All Star Movies 1999
DL-1989,1990,1994,1997,2004,2007,2008,2009,2011,2013
slg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #925
dormouse7899
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 17

Cool!! My son is 13 now but will be 14 by cruise time. He looks older because he is very tall ( just a 1/2 inch shy of six feet) and kids his age don't often realize he is their age. So I was hoping to help him find some other kids.
dormouse7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #926
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse7899
Cool!! My son is 13 now but will be 14 by cruise time. He looks older because he is very tall ( just a 1/2 inch shy of six feet) and kids his age don't often realize he is their age. So I was hoping to help him find some other kids.
I have a 14 yr old boy. Not quite as tall, but almost Maybe they'll have fun basketball games.

Last edited by tajz90; 02-17-2013 at 09:49 PM.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #927
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse7899 View Post

We have booked private tours for some cities but will do Disney excursions for some as well. I am confused about the best thing to do in France given it a holiday and will be likely crowded everywhere.
Keep in mind that Monaco is a separate country without a holiday on that day. We are headed there to the Aquarium and Prince's car museum. We might head back to Nice after that to take in some of the concerts and walk the beach.
__________________
Disneyland - 21 times, Disney World Feb 05, Nov 11 DCL Eastern Carribean Feb 05, Alaska July 11, Mediterranean July 13
JimmyJackJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #928
slg
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: victoria bc canada
Posts: 1,480

My 14 year old just turned 14 in November and he is 5'11.5. I expect he'll be 6' or more by the time the cruise starts. he looks much older than 14.

He's pretty stoked about meeting lots of other teens on this cruise.
__________________
DCL WONDER Alaska Cruise August 19-26, 2013
DCL MAGIC Med Cruise July 13-25, 2013
DCL FANTASY NYE Dec. 29- Jan. 5, 2013
DCL MAGIC NY to Bahamas July 20-28,2012
DCL DREAM Cruise Dec. 18-22, 2011
WDW. POR Dec. 2011
DCL WONDER Alaska Cruise July 12-19, 2011
DCL MAGIC Baltic Cruise July 6-18, 2010
ABD Ireland July 22, 2009
DCL MAGIC Mexican Riviera June 1-8 2008
DCL MAGIC Eastern April 28-May 5, 2007
WDW-POR April 2007
DCL MAGIC Western May 6-13, 2006
WDW-POR Apr 2006
WDW-All Star Movies 1999
DL-1989,1990,1994,1997,2004,2007,2008,2009,2011,2013
slg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #929
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbelltwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Neverland!
Posts: 1,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse7899 View Post
Looking forward to the cruise. Lots of snow here in Massachusetts so a hot day in the Mediterranean sounds good today. Please add my family to roll call.

Dorothy (mom)
Todd (dad)
Mason (14)
Room 2064 but hoping to improve it.

Also traveling with us:
Arlene (aka Nonna/grandma)
Andrew (aka Pa/grandpa)

Dorothy, Todd and Mason are interested in Fish-extenders so I added our family to the spreadsheet already.



Would love to meet other families at meet and greet that have 14 year old boys too.

This will be our second Disney cruise. We did the Carribean a few years back. It was great.

We have booked private tours for some cities but will do Disney excursions for some as well. I am confused about the best thing to do in France given it a holiday and will be likely crowded everywhere.
Welcome Aboard! You have been added to the Roll Call!
__________________

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #930
dormouse7899
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 17

Thanks so much for the reminder about Monaco.


Sounds like there will be enough tall kids for a very good 14 year old basketball team!
dormouse7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: