Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #496
ldconley
Mouseketeer

My dd Bree (fabulousoldshoes) has already introduced herself and given our info but I wanted to jump in and say hi too. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
ldconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #497
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldconley View Post
My dd Bree (fabulousoldshoes) has already introduced herself and given our info but I wanted to jump in and say hi too. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Welcome to our meet thread!

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #498
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

DCL hotels in Barcelona

DCL will be using the Renaissance Barcelona and the Hilton Diagonal Mar. (Reports had two others, but right now DCL is only saying that they are using these two in Barcelona!)

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14

Last edited by tinkerbelltwins; 07-05-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #499
Maximho
Still miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

bringing up the rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldconley View Post
Greetings and salutations from dd Bree's dod (dear old dad).
Maximho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #500
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximho View Post
Greetings and salutations from dd Bree's dod (dear old dad).
Welcome to Bree's dear old dad! So pleased to see a Post 1 under your name -- got any words of wisdom for all of us Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers?! I've added your disboard name to our roll call too!

Old 06-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #501
Maximho
Still miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
... got any words of wisdom for all of us Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers?! ...
Take the stairs, always - you'll be boss. Get a Disney credit card from Visa: the points are Disney$ (oh yeah). Try at least one thing you would never eat on dry land. Don't stop to think how little sleep you are actually getting. Learn your support team's names: servers, stateroom host... and use them. Book your next cruise on the boat, first thing first day - unless you need another queue in your life. Bring your own 'go cup' for the soda and coffee fountain. And, if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs: the ship creaks like the Black Pearl.
Maximho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #502
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximho View Post
Take the stairs, always - you'll be boss. Get a Disney credit card from Visa: the points are Disney$ (oh yeah). Try at least one thing you would never eat on dry land. Don't stop to think how little sleep you are actually getting. Learn your support team's names: servers, stateroom host... and use them. Book your next cruise on the boat, first thing first day - unless you need another queue in your life. Bring your own 'go cup' for the soda and coffee fountain. And, if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs: the ship creaks like the Black Pearl.
Love it, love it! These are great words of wisdom so a profuse thank you for these helpful nuggets of wisdom! Does anyone else have any great advice for all of us Eastern Med Mouseketeers? Please post them here and we'll add this information somewhere on our first page.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #503
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

verandahs

Just for kicks I plugged in my family of four (kids will be nine next year) on our cruise date and only insides and ocean views are showing -- no verandahs or concierge at all! So the cruise must really be selling. I've heard similar things about the popularity of the June sailing. Rooms will open up, no doubt, when the paid in full date hits.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #504
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Advice:

Make sure you go with the thought that you are only going to see a small sampling of a port. If you do that, you won't be disappointed with what you didn't see. Plus, if you really love a place, it is a great excuse to go back!!!

Sorry I've been off the grid for awhile. DS is getting married next week so it's been a little busy around here.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:19 AM   #505
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsG View Post
Advice:

Make sure you go with the thought that you are only going to see a small sampling of a port. If you do that, you won't be disappointed with what you didn't see. Plus, if you really love a place, it is a great excuse to go back!!!

Sorry I've been off the grid for awhile. DS is getting married next week so it's been a little busy around here.
Congratulations on your son's pending wedding. Savor every moment of it!!

Old 07-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #506
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

DCL HOTELS - Info from my travel agent

Quote:
Here are the hotels that DCL will be using in Barcelona:

Pullman Barcelona Skipper -- http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...er/index.shtml
Hilton Diagonal Mar-- https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hi/...execution=e1s1
Renaissance Barcelona (used to be the AC Diplomat) -- http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...el-diplomatic/
Le Meridien -- http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...ropertyID=1931
Those are the resorts that DCL used for the last Mediterranean Cruises. I just spoke with Toni at DCL and according to her there are only 2 resorts they are using at this time:

Renaissance Barcelona (used to be the AC Diplomat) -- http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...el-diplomatic/

For one pre night the pricing is $235 for your stay at the Hilton. For the Renaissance I am being quoted $300 per night.

Ground transfer pricing is as follows

Barcelona Ground Transfers
Direct motor coach transfers from Barcelona International Airport to the Port of Barcelona are available to purchase for Guests who arranged independent flights. The recommended flight arrival time is before 1:15 p.m.

For Guests departing from Barcelona International Airport following their cruise, the recommended flight departure time is on or after 12:30 p.m..
Transfers from the airport to one of the select Barcelona hotels are only available to Guests who purchase post-nights through Disney Cruise Line.
Motor coach transfer cost, per person 3 years and older:
Cruise Only
A-P, P-A
$60 (A=Airport; P=Port;
R=Resort)
With Post-Nights
A-P, P-R, R-A
$79

(note: Hotel costs were for 2 adults and 1 child)
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #507
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMom3461 View Post
Those are the resorts that DCL used for the last Mediterranean Cruises. I just spoke with Toni at DCL and according to her there are only 2 resorts they are using at this time:

For one pre night the pricing is $235 for your stay at the Hilton. For the Renaissance I am being quoted $300 per night.

Ground transfer pricing is as follows

Barcelona Ground Transfers
Direct motor coach transfers from Barcelona International Airport to the Port of Barcelona are available to purchase for Guests who arranged independent flights. The recommended flight arrival time is before 1:15 p.m.

For Guests departing from Barcelona International Airport following their cruise, the recommended flight departure time is on or after 12:30 p.m..
Transfers from the airport to one of the select Barcelona hotels are only available to Guests who purchase post-nights through Disney Cruise Line.
Motor coach transfer cost, per person 3 years and older:
Cruise Only
A-P, P-A
$60 (A=Airport; P=Port;
R=Resort)
With Post-Nights
A-P, P-R, R-A
$79

(note: Hotel costs were for 2 adults and 1 child)
Interesting ... I'm wondering why the other two were dropped?!

Old 07-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #508
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

Can someone please clarify for me how the transfers work? If we book one of the hotels that DCL is using on our own, can we then use the check in service for the cruise at the hotel and the transfers to the port if we request and pay for it? Does anyone know how much it would cost?

We plan buying our plane tickets or driving to Barcelona and booking the hotel ourselves. Have never used a DCL hotel pre-cruise before or the check in service but it seems like it would be easier than lugging everything to the port ourselves.
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #509
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Quote:
Congratulations on your son's pending wedding. Savor every moment of it!!
Thanks so much! Once it is over and we're back from Aulani (figure we'll need a little R&R) it will be serious preparation for this Magical cruise!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #510
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

Wow can you believe it's almost a year to our cruise??

Haven't had time yet to relax this summer! The kids have been keeping us crazy. My son is in 2 plays & daughter is in lacrosse & day camp....plus the constant shuttling to friends houses

I'm so torn about whether or not to get a night in the hotel in Barcelona or not before the cruise. Last time for the Baltic we didn't. It wasn't too bad....except when we stop in England for a short break. DD-7 at the time fell asleep on me in an outdoor, unshaded super busy bus station for an hour in the heat wave while everyone else went sightseeing. (My mom stayed with me too) Soooo me & DH remember that first day MUCH differently! Guess which one of us wants the hotel room???

Another tip...if you are a frequent visitor of the Cove Cafe...make sure to get that card stamped every time! those drinks add up fast & a free one is a nice bonus!

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: