Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #451
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Malta

I noticed that on a=Adventures by Disney they are going to Gozo when in Malta. Here is the itinerary they have listed:

"Valleta
Valletta, the capital city of the Republic of Malta, is a nation spread across a string of 7 islands located south of Sicily in the Mediterranean. It dates back 7,000 years to the dawn of civilization. Today, visitors can enjoy modern luxuries while traveling back into the past on a tour of the temples that predate even the pyramids of Egypt and Stonehenge of England!

Ferry to Gozo for Salt Pans Tour
The production and harvesting of sea salt has long been a tradition of Malta, and the salt pans of Gozo are still in use today. Board a ferry for the island of Gozo where you'll traverse the salt pans along a dramatic coastline by 4x4 vehicle.

Cliffside Lunch Overlooking the Mediterranean
Enjoy a delectable lunch with a dramatic view at a restaurant situated on the cliffs overlooking the Mediterranean sea."

I was thinking that Gozo was too far to go for a one day visit. hmmm. I have to tell you that that Jeep Safari's in Gozo looks interesting.

I came across another interesting site for what to do if you only have one day in Valetta. http://www.maltabulb.com/time_in_malta.html

~Heather~
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #452
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor View Post
I noticed that on a=Adventures by Disney they are going to Gozo when in Malta. Here is the itinerary they have listed:

"Valleta
Valletta, the capital city of the Republic of Malta, is a nation spread across a string of 7 islands located south of Sicily in the Mediterranean. It dates back 7,000 years to the dawn of civilization. Today, visitors can enjoy modern luxuries while traveling back into the past on a tour of the temples that predate even the pyramids of Egypt and Stonehenge of England!

Ferry to Gozo for Salt Pans Tour
The production and harvesting of sea salt has long been a tradition of Malta, and the salt pans of Gozo are still in use today. Board a ferry for the island of Gozo where you'll traverse the salt pans along a dramatic coastline by 4x4 vehicle.

Cliffside Lunch Overlooking the Mediterranean
Enjoy a delectable lunch with a dramatic view at a restaurant situated on the cliffs overlooking the Mediterranean sea."

I was thinking that Gozo was too far to go for a one day visit. hmmm. I have to tell you that that Jeep Safari's in Gozo looks interesting.

I came across another interesting site for what to do if you only have one day in Valetta. http://www.maltabulb.com/time_in_malta.html

~Heather~
Thank you for all the information Heather! Each time I read one of your posts I start reading and dreaming of next year!

By the way, going through Disney Cruise Line withdrawals so we just booked a Caribbean cruise for August

Randi
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2012, 05:31 AM   #453
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMom3461 View Post
Thank you for all the information Heather! Each time I read one of your posts I start reading and dreaming of next year!

By the way, going through Disney Cruise Line withdrawals so we just booked a Caribbean cruise for August

Randi
That is fabulous....I wish I could convince DCL to depart from the North Atlantic (even if just once a year) - so i could catch a convenient cruise every so often. It takes so much planning to get off our island, I get a little envious every time I read the DISboards.

That's probably why I am such a researcher (but not necessarily planner) when it comes to things to do....gotta make the most of it - and I don't want to miss out on anything great.

I hope you guys have a great time in the Caribbean.... only 3 months to go sound a lot better than one year & 2 months ? Which ship are you on?

~Heather~
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #454
slg
DIS Veteran

My TA was able to fix the ABD in Barcelona add-on glitch. Yippee. Its great that it has the same 120 full refund policy for it.

We have 2 rooms, one for 3 and one for 2.

I certainly hope we will be able to go on this cruise. I just found last week that I am BRCA1 positive...and my mother has had breast cancer and last June stage 3c ovarian cancer. I'm getting screened now and having my ovaries out in August or September. Hopefully I don't have any breast cancer, I am only 48.

Next summer is my 50th and my oldest son graduates from high school, so this is a big deal trip for us.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and good healthy thoughts. I also have a New York cruise booked and I feel anxious about having to cancel this if they find anything.
DCL MAGIC NY to Bahamas July 20-28,2012
DCL DREAM Cruise Dec. 18-22, 2011
WDW. POR Dec. 2011
DCL WONDER Alaska Cruise July 12-19, 2011
DCL MAGIC Baltic Cruise July 6-18, 2010
ABD Ireland July 22, 2009
DCL MAGIC Mexican Riviera June 1-8 2008
DCL MAGIC Eastern April 28-May 5, 2007
WDW-POR April 2007
DCL MAGIC Western May 6-13, 2006
WDW-POR Apr 2006
WDW-All Star Movies 1999
DL-1989,1990,1994,1997,2004,2007,2008,2009,2011,2013
slg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #455
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by slg View Post
My TA was able to fix the ABD in Barcelona add-on glitch. Yippee. Its great that it has the same 120 full refund policy for it.

I certainly hope we will be able to go on this cruise. I just found last week that I am BRCA1 positive...and my mother has had breast cancer and last June stage 3c ovarian cancer. I'm getting screened now and having my ovaries out in August or September. Hopefully I don't have any breast cancer, I am only 48.

Next summer is my 50th and my oldest son graduates from high school, so this is a big deal trip for us.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and good healthy thoughts. I also have a New York cruise booked and I feel anxious about having to cancel this if they find anything.
Here's my thoughts that all will be good and your 50th on the Magic will be truly magical. (hubby and I celebrated our 50th last year on the Magic in the Med also )
hugs,
Randi
Old 04-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #456
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor View Post
That is fabulous....I wish I could convince DCL to depart from the North Atlantic (even if just once a year) - so i could catch a convenient cruise every so often. It takes so much planning to get off our island, I get a little envious every time I read the DISboards.

That's probably why I am such a researcher (but not necessarily planner) when it comes to things to do....gotta make the most of it - and I don't want to miss out on anything great.

I hope you guys have a great time in the Caribbean.... only 3 months to go sound a lot better than one year & 2 months ? Which ship are you on?

~Heather~
We'll be on the Fantasy this summer Sorry there's not a convenient port for Disney near you Heather - we are truly very very lucky that we can do last minute trips like this summer's.
Randi
Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #457
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Hi All,

Just a quick question, trying to see our flight options. Does anyone know/remember if a 10AM departure from BCN is doable. I know the ship usually docks by 6AM and I know they do allow people with early flights to disembark early but how early? Is it possible to make that 10am flight out of Barcelona?
Thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #458
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slg View Post

Fingers are crossed for you and also sending some prayers your way too! Really hope everything works out for you.

Beth

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #459
kehonuamemano
Mouseketeer

please add us to roll call

It's official we booked while on our Disney Fantasy cruise 4/21-4/28. My DH, and DD who will be 6 on the cruise and I will be sailing with all of you fine people.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #460
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Welcome Aboard Kehonuamemano -- you've been added to our Roll Call! Please let me know if you'd like to add any more information to your roll call entry! Also check out post 4 for information about being added to the FE, Secret Mickeys, our closed group Facebook Page, etc.

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14

Last edited by tinkerbelltwins; 05-01-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #461
kehonuamemano
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Welcome Aboard Kehonuamemano -- you've been added to our Roll Call! Please let me know if you'd like to add any more information to your roll call entry! Also check out post 4 for information about being added to the FE, Secret Mickeys, our closed group Facebook Page, etc.
Thanks!!! I guess I should say that we have Second Seating for Dinning and we are going GTY 11A
Old 05-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #462
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Let's all send great thoughts toward Bev in Hawaii....

Hey everyone,
I just received a PM from Bev (Dylan'smom) who is on the Hawaii Cruise. For starters, how many of us are green with envy? She wants everyone to know that if you try, and fail, to get into the google spreadsheet about the FE's Secret Santas, candy exchange, etc, don't worry about being denied access! When she gets back mid-month, she will work her magic so that everyone can log onto the site with their particulars. She has limited WIFI access right now (I can't even imagine what it is like out there in the Pacific!) and I think none of us want her to be spending any time trying to fix the spread sheet access while she is mid-cruise!

Beth

Old 05-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #463
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

NYT on Barcelona

FYI: The travel section of the Sunday New York Times had a "36 hours in Barcelona" article!

Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #464
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

Cancelled cruise

Sorry, but we have cancelled this cruise. My son, Cousin Orville and his family are still going.

We'll actually be moving to Houston then and will finally be near our son and his family !! An answer to my prayers ! So as much as I would have liked to have gone , we are thrilled with the move !!!

Hope everyone will have a fabulous cruise in the Med !! We did this with DCL last year and loved the ports !!

Oh, please cancel our FE.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #465
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapycruiser View Post
Sorry, but we have cancelled this cruise. My son, Cousin Orville and his family are still going.

We'll actually be moving to Houston then and will finally be near our son and his family !! An answer to my prayers ! So as much as I would have liked to have gone , we are thrilled with the move !!!

Hope everyone will have a fabulous cruise in the Med !! We did this with DCL last year and loved the ports !!

Oh, please cancel our FE.
Deleted you from the roll call! Good luck on your move.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: