Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #31
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
I haven't been before so can't give you any good advice. Here is a new thread that might be helpful to you as you sort things out. Good luck!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2868129
Quote:
Originally Posted by doberlady View Post
ughhh. Please help me rationalize this

I have 2 ressies. 1 is booked and 1 is on hold for 3 days.

We are going on our 2nd Magic cruise this summer out of NY (live 45m away from NY port). Costing my family of 5 (in 2 9A cabins) 9K. My parents also have a cabin booked for this.

Can't afford to do this summer expensive cruise and the following summer in the Med with the whole family. Airfare for 5 to Europe is EXPENSIVE.

Hubby and I decided to do the Med alone to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I booked the 7 day for $3034 for 11B.

I really really really want to do this 12 night instead. I have a hold on it $5451 for 11B.

My dd will be off to college in 2014 and we won't be able to take a trip like this for a long time once she is in college. Hubby and I have only been away for 2 nights alone since our Honeymoon as we take the kids everywhere (we have 4).

We went on a Norwegian cruise for Thanksgiving and it was horrible. I will only sail Disney.

I am trying to justify the extra $2417 for the 12 nighter. I wil be leaving the kids home with MIL coming here. My daughter will be 17, another daughter 8 and my son 15 at time of cruise.

I want to be with you all
I wish you good luck with your decision. We did the Disney Med just DH & I in 2007 (both of our kids are on their own All I can say is we still talk about the incredible time we had Med Cruise. We've done AK and the Baltic which were both fantastic, but ahhhhh the Med. I know the extra money seems so much, but if you can swing it, I'm sure you won't regret. And with the addition of Greece.......... it can only be a super WOW!

Hope you can join us.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #32
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToRun View Post
Hello!!

We are SO excited about this Med cruise... we were not only hoping Disney would do a Med cruise for 2013, but that they would include Greece as part of their itinerary, so we got everything we wished for (just wish the prices weren't so high, but that's ok.... we have lots of time to save up our pennies! ).

We are from Seattle, WA
Me: Kathy
DH: Eric
DS: Tyler (age 12 at time of cruise)
DS: Ryan (age 10 at time of cruise)

Our cabin is 7062.

Right now, we are main dining. We are going to wait to see what shore excursions we plan to see if we should move to late dining, but for now, we are early.

Not sure if we'll do the FE group at this point. I'm going to wait until it gets closer. We have always done the FE exchange on our other cruises, but we might be tagging on a couple weeks in Europe before or after the cruise, so if we do that, I am not sure we'll have room for FE gifts.

My parents will also be on this cruise... their cabin is a couple doors down from us. My parents live here in Seattle, too, but they won't be writing into these boards.

Looking forward to writing in... just wish the cruise was THIS summer and not a whole 1.5 years away! But, leaves lots of time for planning!

Take care!
Welcome Aboard! You have been added to our roll call!
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #33
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Hello! I'm Nicole from Linwood, NJ (the infamous Jersey Shore, not as glamourous as it sounds) and so excited for this cruise (it will be my 7th DCL cruise). I am excited because my 27th birthday will be on July 15 of this cruise- I've always wanted to celebrate my birthday onboard a Disney cruise, and was keeping my fingers crossed that the itinerary I wanted with the rumored Greece/Turkey would fall over my birthday, and I cant believe it actually did!! I feel like its meant to be. As of now I am travelling by myself but booked for 2 adults in case a friend or relative later decides to join me. I prefer companionship and obviously splitting the cost since the single supplement is so frustrating, but when I can't find someone to join me I never let that stop me from going alone (I just recently went to Australia and New Zealand for 3 weeks in October alone, but part of a tour group that I met 38 wonderful friends out of, and know I'll make friends with our wonderful group on this cruise!).

I'm in room 2009, second seating, and want to partake in the FE. Later on I would love if we could find volunteers to design logos for magnets/tshirts, and lanyards and bracelets. We did that on my Panama Cruise last January and it was so fun to see our huge group wearing the same recognizable items!

I'm thinking of doing Disneyland Paris after the cruise for a few days, depending on the cost of airfare from Barcelona to Paris. I've been to Paris twice and other Europe twice and kick myself that I didnt make time to go to DLP before, so I hope I can swing it this trip. All depends on the international airfare cost and my job situation next year, we'll see. But either way I'm so looking forward to this cruise, I've been to Florence/Pisa/Rome before (studied abroad in Italy) and Nice/Monaco (love it there!!), but never been to Spain, Turkey, Greece, or Malta so i am so ready for amazing new adventures!
Welcome aboard! You have been added to our roll call!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #34
poizenivey
Mouseketeer

WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

SOOOOO glad to be joining you guys on this cruise! I can hardly wait! We had to cancel our March MR cruise due to military restrictions, so this is quite the way to make up for it!

Me-Ivey (poizenivey)
DH-Jason
DD-Kennedy (9 at sailing)
DD-Karsyn (8 at sailing)

Late seating
Room 6603

Hubby has already started the "beans and rice" speeches! Penny pinching has officially started!

We booked this morning online at 6:10ish Mountain time...had no issues and it was a smooth as could be! Even transferring the ressie from a dummy cruise!

We will not sign up for FE's right now, but will keep them in mind! I'm so ready to start planning!

Magic Eastern Carribean 11/2010
Magic Western Carribean 4/2010
Disney's Yacht Club 4/2010
Disney's Fort Wilderness ?/2011
Off property 6/2009 Off property-8/2008-Off property 6/2008
poizenivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #35
2littlestitches
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

My family and I are in!!!! We are a group of 11 (possibly 12) from Missouri who have booked 4 category 6 cabins on deck 6. Second seating for dinner. So excited - my only regret is that we can't see Venice, but it's okay. Really really happy to see Greece!

slg- we have never met, but my family sailed on the same Baltic cruise as you did! It was amazing, wasn't it???

We did the Med in 2007 and it really stands out as such a wonderful trip! I am excited to go here again, and to see the new places. We did a pre-trip at Disneyland Paris, and I loved it! If anyone is thinking of going there, as a Disney fan you should! Besides that I really loved visiting Paris, especially the Eiffel tower. This time, I'm hoping to see more of Barcelona, because we barely saw any of it on our last Med cruise.

Anyway, my name is Kelley and I'll be traveling with my husband and two sons who will be 11 and 12 at that time. Also traveling with my extended family, including my parents, my brother, and my sister's family. My sister is on the disboards, also, so I'll recruit her to join this board with me.
December 2009: 4 Night Bahamian (New Years Eve) Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder
July 2010: 12 Night Northern European Capitals Cruise (Baltic) aboard the Disney Magic
July 2011: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder
March 2014: 3 Night Bahamian Cruise aboard the Disney Dream

Too many WDW trips to count, and several Disneyland California trips.
One amazing trip to Disneyland Paris!
D23's Journey to Marceline, MO - March 2012
5 awesome nights at Aulani - June/July 2014

Best trip ever...Adventures By Disney Australia in 2008.

Last edited by 2littlestitches; 01-26-2012 at 09:44 PM.
2littlestitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #36
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poizenivey View Post
WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

SOOOOO glad to be joining you guys on this cruise! I can hardly wait! We had to cancel our March MR cruise due to military restrictions, so this is quite the way to make up for it!

Me-Ivey (poizenivey)
DH-Jason
DD-Karsyn (8 at sailing)

Late seating
Room 6603

Hubby has already started the "beans and rice" speeches! Penny pinching has officially started!

We booked this morning online at 6:10ish Mountain time...had no issues and it was a smooth as could be! Even transferring the ressie from a dummy cruise!

We will not sign up for FE's right now, but will keep them in mind! I'm so ready to start planning!
Welcome aboard! You have been added to our roll call?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #37
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2littlestitches View Post
Hi everyone!

My family and I are in!!!! We are a group of 11 (possibly 12) from Missouri who have booked 4 category 6 cabins on deck 6. Second seating for dinner. So excited - my only regret is that we can't see Venice, but it's okay. Really really happy to see Greece!

slg- we have never met, but my family sailed on the same Baltic cruise as you did! It was amazing, wasn't it???

We did the Med in 2007 and it really stands out as such a wonderful trip! I am excited to go here again, and to see the new places. We did a pre-trip at Disneyland Paris, and I loved it! If anyone is thinking of going there, as a Disney fan you should! Besides that I really loved visiting Paris, especially the Eiffel tower. This time, I'm hoping to see more of Barcelona, because we barely saw any of it on our last Med cruise.

Anyway, my name is Kelley and I'll be traveling with my husband and two sons who will be 11 and 12 at that time. Also traveling with my extended family, including my parents, my brother, and my sister's family. My sister is on the disboards, also, so I'll recruit her to join this board with me.
Welcome Aboard! You have been added to our roll call.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #38
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

We are so happy to be cruising to Greece ! We will be traveling with our son's family. Cousin Orville is on these boards.
This will be Gina & Bruce (Grandparents ) , early dining , Navigators Verandah.
Stateroom 7224.
I'd love to do the FE !!
This will be our 14th Disney Cruise. We sailed in the Med in 2007 and 2011 and also enjoyed the DCL Baltic cruise in 2010.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #39
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapycruiser View Post
We are so happy to be cruising to Greece ! We will be traveling with our son's family. Cousin Orville is on these boards.
This will be Gina & Bruce (Grandparents ) , early dining , Navigators Verandah.
Stateroom 7224.
I'd love to do the FE !!
This will be our 14th Disney Cruise. We sailed in the Med in 2007 and 2011 and also enjoyed the DCL Baltic cruise in 2010.
Welcome aboard! You are added to our roll call!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #40
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Wow everyone -- we've got 14 Dissers and their families signed up on our first day of beginning this meet thread. We are off to a great start!. I'm signing off until tomorrow....

Beth
Old 01-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #41
the electric mayhem
Earning My Ears

Greece is my dream destination! This cruise is going to be awesome and I wish I was going this summer!

My dis board name is The Electric Mayhem and my real name is Kari.

We are traveling with a party of 11 from Missouri and 2littlestiches is my sister.

In my 6th floor stateroom will be me, dh, dd(4) and dd(2).
the electric mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #42
2disneydads
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Count Us In . . . At Least for Now!

Greetings All!

We're booked on the 7-13-2013 Med cruise. We're still considering if a 12-day cruise is going to be too long and too expensive for us. We might move over to an RCCL 7-night itinerary that would leave the same weekend, but we do love our DCL cruises. Nothing has been better - our Dream cruise in July 2011 was a close to a perfect cruise as you could get (except that it was too short). So here are our particulars:

To add your family to the Official Roll Call, please post in the thread as much of the following information as you desire:

My disboards name is 2disneydads.

We're a family of four: The 2 Disney Dads, John (who will be 55 then) and Billy (who will be 50 then - this is his 50th birthday celebration), and our two daughters, Elizabeth, who will be almost 10 then, and Francesca, who will be 8 then.

We're from West Orange, NJ, and Palm Beach Gardens, FL.

We've booked second seating, but we don't have a clue about best rotations yet.

We're booked in 2094 and 2096, connecting Category 9B cabins.

We've never done Fish Extenders, but we're open to the possibility.

Should mention this would be our 6th DCL cruise (2 previous on the Magic, 2 previous on the Wonder and 1 previous on the Dream).

We'd be happy to help out organizing the group and any group activities. We'd also be interested in getting to know some other families with kids the same age to arrange some shared private shore excursions that are geared to children!

Happy planning everyone.

Last edited by 2disneydads; 01-26-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Added DCL cruise experience
2disneydads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #43
2disneydads
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by poizenivey View Post
WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

Me-Ivey (poizenivey)
DH-Jason
DD-Karsyn (8 at sailing)

Late seating
Room 6603

Hello! Our girls are almost the same age. Our girls love to make friends on their cruises - we should plan to meet on board to introduce our kids.

2disneydads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #44
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Hello! I'm Nicole from Linwood, NJ (the infamous Jersey Shore, not as glamourous as it sounds) and so excited for this cruise (it will be my 7th DCL cruise). I am excited because my 27th birthday will be on July 15 of this cruise- I've always wanted to celebrate my birthday onboard a Disney cruise, and was keeping my fingers crossed that the itinerary I wanted with the rumored Greece/Turkey would fall over my birthday, and I cant believe it actually did!! I feel like its meant to be. As of now I am travelling by myself but booked for 2 adults in case a friend or relative later decides to join me. I prefer companionship and obviously splitting the cost since the single supplement is so frustrating, but when I can't find someone to join me I never let that stop me from going alone (I just recently went to Australia and New Zealand for 3 weeks in October alone, but part of a tour group that I met 38 wonderful friends out of, and know I'll make friends with our wonderful group on this cruise!).

I'm in room 2009, second seating, and want to partake in the FE. Later on I would love if we could find volunteers to design logos for magnets/tshirts, and lanyards and bracelets. We did that on my Panama Cruise last January and it was so fun to see our huge group wearing the same recognizable items!

I'm thinking of doing Disneyland Paris after the cruise for a few days, depending on the cost of airfare from Barcelona to Paris. I've been to Paris twice and other Europe twice and kick myself that I didnt make time to go to DLP before, so I hope I can swing it this trip. All depends on the international airfare cost and my job situation next year, we'll see. But either way I'm so looking forward to this cruise, I've been to Florence/Pisa/Rome before (studied abroad in Italy) and Nice/Monaco (love it there!!), but never been to Spain, Turkey, Greece, or Malta so i am so ready for amazing new adventures!
Nicole, we were on the January 2011 Panama Canal cruise also! Totally amazing cruise!!

Also, that is great you will be able to celebrate your birthday on the Med cruise! I turned 40 this past November, and we went on an Eastern Caribbean on the Magic for my birthday, and we were on the ship on my actual birthday! It was SOOOO much fun. I booked Palo on the night of my birthday... I couldn't think of a better place to go to dinner for my birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Wow everyone -- we've got 14 Dissers and their families signed up on our first day of beginning this meet thread. We are off to a great start!. I'm signing off until tomorrow....

Beth
Beth, I agree... GREAT turnout for these boards just for the first couple days after booking! Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

kathy
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #45
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the electric mayhem View Post
Greece is my dream destination! This cruise is going to be awesome and I wish I was going this summer!

My dis board name is The Electric Mayhem and my real name is Kari.

We are traveling with a party of 11 from Missouri and 2littlestiches is my sister.

In my 6th floor stateroom will be me, dh, dd(4) and dd(2).
Welcome Aboard! You are added to the roll call! How fun that you've got lots of family cruising together!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: