Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #421
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Some Answers....

Back on Post 328 we had our first Question of the Week

Who is your favorite Disney Character?

Here are the answers (please excuse if I missed a post!) ~~~

tinkerbelltwins: Tinkerbell
slg: classic Mickey
wdwprincess71: Eeyore
disney_fans: Tigger; DP-Mickey; DD12- Pluto; DS-Donald Duck
bonnielynn: Tinkerbell
scrapycruise: Minnie
Mrs.G: Mickey
goingsouth: Fairy Godmother
Stimpy: Figaro
DisneyDee27: Winnie the Pooh
dylan's mom: Mickey or Captain Jack; DH-Tiger; DS21-Pluto

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14

Last edited by tinkerbelltwins; 04-24-2012 at 07:08 AM.
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #422
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Some More Answers...

And back on Post 354 we had our second Question of the Week

What is your favorite Disney Movie?

Here are the answers (please excuse if I missed a post!) ~~~

scrapycruiser: Lady and the Tramp, also the original Parent Trap; DH-Bon Voyage
slg: Enchanted
goingsouth: Mulan
Disney_fans: Escape to Witch Mountain; DP-the original Swiss Family Robinson; DD-Lion King; DS-Cars
tinkerbelltwins: Cinderella (Rogers and Hammerstein version)

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #423
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Question of the Week....

I'm a bit behind the eight ball here. We are in need of a new Question of the Week.

How about....

What's your favorite ride -- or it could be a favorite place -- at one of the Disney Parks?

Old 04-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #424
trburks
Earning My Ears

Wow!

tinkerbelltwins,

Wow! I can't believe there are already 29 pages of posts for this cruise. We booked it last week while doing a back-to-back on the Disney Dream. Interesting enough, we are also from Northern Virginia and have the cabin next to you (7024). Since we will already be in Barcelona for this cruise, we also decided to book the 4-day leaving on 7/9; thus another back-to-back with only one repeat port. It's hard to beat the incentives given for onboard bookings; especially when you transfer those bookings to an agent for additional OBC (which will be needed for the extensive shore excursions I anticipate). This will be the first time our kids visit Europe, so we want them to get a good look. Please add us to the role call: Tom, Kimberly, Julia (13), and Nathan (10).

Tom
trburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #425
trburks
Earning My Ears

Added Note

All,

While on the Disney Dream we spoke with a long-time staff member who worked the prior Disney Magic Mediterranean cruises. She stated that due to the long shore excursions involved, many guests returned late and very tired at the end of each port day. Normally, we book early dining, but this will be the first time we do second seating in anticipation of longer days. If you have first seating, keep in mind that some shore excursions you desire may not get you back in time to clean up and go to the main dining room. Also, almost all port sailaways are around 6:30pm, so unless you have a table next to the window, that experienced will be missed. I'm just throwing these thoughts on the table for those waffling between first and second seating.
trburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #426
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trburks View Post
tinkerbelltwins,

Wow! I can't believe there are already 29 pages of posts for this cruise. We booked it last week while doing a back-to-back on the Disney Dream. Interesting enough, we are also from Northern Virginia and have the cabin next to you (7024). Since we will already be in Barcelona for this cruise, we also decided to book the 4-day leaving on 7/9; thus another back-to-back with only one repeat port. It's hard to beat the incentives given for onboard bookings; especially when you transfer those bookings to an agent for additional OBC (which will be needed for the extensive shore excursions I anticipate). This will be the first time our kids visit Europe, so we want them to get a good look. Please add us to the role call: Tom, Kimberly, Julia (13), and Nathan (10).

Tom
Welcome Aboard Tom and family! You have been added to our roll call. You and your family are now official Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers!

Beth

Old 04-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #427
pirateluv
Mouseketeer

My fav. ride or place

I think my favourite thing is walking though Cinderella's castle. I love all the pictures we have taken as a family in front of the castle over the years. Yes, also love Pirates of the Caribbean! Joan
DCL Fantasy Eastern Dec 28 2013

pirateluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #428
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trburks View Post
All,

While on the Disney Dream we spoke with a long-time staff member who worked the prior Disney Magic Mediterranean cruises. She stated that due to the long shore excursions involved, many guests returned late and very tired at the end of each port day. Normally, we book early dining, but this will be the first time we do second seating in anticipation of longer days. If you have first seating, keep in mind that some shore excursions you desire may not get you back in time to clean up and go to the main dining room. Also, almost all port sailaways are around 6:30pm, so unless you have a table next to the window, that experienced will be missed. I'm just throwing these thoughts on the table for those waffling between first and second seating.
Thanks for the heads up on this issue. Even with sailaways at 6:30, I think my family is going to stick with the first seating. My kids just don't do well eating late and then hitting the pillow shortly thereafter. You might want to check out Lornak's trip report (I've got the link in post 4 on page 1). She had second seating and ended up wishing she'd had the earlier time. My kids will be nine next summer and I think we will be choosing excursions that aren't too lengthy so as to avoid the cranky/overly tired twin syndrome. If it were just me and my husband going it would be very different and we'd probably go for the second seating.

And somewhere in a trip report (I've forgotten which one!, or perhaps it was a comment on this thread?) there was mention that when an excursion ran late the dining people knew it and anticipated late comers arriving to the first seating.

But I'm a newbie to cruising the Med and there are others here who are tried and true Dis-Med veterans. I'm curious to know what they think. So everyone else, please wage in your two cents...

Old 04-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #429
pirateluv
Mouseketeer

We have late dining and have always enjoyed it. This will be our fifth cruise and we did the Med in 2010. It's true the port days are long and tiring. I think on some of the longer port times early dinner was pushed back later to give the early diners more time to get back to the ship. We have always liked the late dining as it gives us longer to enjoy the ports and relax for a bit before dinner. I guess it is just a matter of what works for your family!! The Med cruise is exciting and tiring at the same time!! Joan
DCL Fantasy Eastern Dec 28 2013

Last edited by pirateluv; 04-12-2012 at 07:04 PM.
pirateluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #430
bonnielynn
DIS Veteran

My favorite ride or place:

Ride would be soarin. I absolutely adore it!!

Place.. Italy in Epcot with a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other.. HEAVEN!!

bonnielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #431
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Thanks for the heads up on this issue. Even with sailaways at 6:30, I think my family is going to stick with the first seating. My kids just don't do well eating late and then hitting the pillow shortly thereafter. You might want to check out Lornak's trip report (I've got the link in post 4 on page 1). She had second seating and ended up wishing she'd had the earlier time. My kids will be nine next summer and I think we will be choosing excursions that aren't too lengthy so as to avoid the cranky/overly tired twin syndrome. If it were just me and my husband going it would be very different and we'd probably go for the second seating.

And somewhere in a trip report (I've forgotten which one!, or perhaps it was a comment on this thread?) there was mention that when an excursion ran late the dining people knew it and anticipated late comers arriving to the first seating.

But I'm a newbie to cruising the Med and there are others here who are tried and true Dis-Med veterans. I'm curious to know what they think. So everyone else, please wage in your two cents...
I would also recommend late dining. When we did the Med in 2007, we got back late most nights and they only had to hold our late dinner once for us.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #432
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

MrsG -- just noticed all of the captions under your Disname! Looks like the tag fairy has been following you around on the boards!

Old 04-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #433
Disney_fans
Earning My Ears

We did the 11-night Western Med cruise in June 2011 and had no problems with early dining. There were very long excursion days, but the night before, our server would have a list of which excursion we were on and when we would be getting back. The servers told us that the goal was for us to have fun in port and not feel rushed, so we could arrive late for dinner. We arrived late several times, as did our table mates, and we were greeted with the same friendly service.

Disney_fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #434
Disney_fans
Earning My Ears

Favorite rides

Having grown up in Florida, I've been to Disney more than 100 times, including opening day when I was a child. Picking a favorite is really hard because the rides have changed over the years and some are no longer there. Those "E" ticket rides were always the best. I think right now I would say Thunder Mountain Railroad because it's fast. My DP likes the more peaceful Soarin', DD likes Splash Mountain, and DS likes Buzz Lightyear.

Disney_fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #435
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post

I think you are fine either way. The late dining gives you more time to change before dinner if you choose, but the early dining gives you more time to relax after dinner.

If I remember correctly from the schedule we are leaving port every day except once before the early dining time, so the excursions would be planned accordingly to have you back before the boat leaves port!

As mentioned, the servers know what is going on and if you are late because your excursion gets back late, they will take care of you no matter what. Getting your food out to you quickly, finding another table, or even finding a spot for you at the later dinning slot.

It comes down to whatever works best for your group, what will make everyone happiest.
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: