Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #256
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

ooops - delete - I see they canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2disneydads View Post
Greetings All!

We're booked on the 7-13-2013 Med cruise. We're still considering if a 12-day cruise is going to be too long and too expensive for us. We might move over to an RCCL 7-night itinerary that would leave the same weekend, but we do love our DCL cruises. Nothing has been better - our Dream cruise in July 2011 was a close to a perfect cruise as you could get (except that it was too short). So here are our particulars:

To add your family to the Official Roll Call, please post in the thread as much of the following information as you desire:

My disboards name is 2disneydads.

We're a family of four: The 2 Disney Dads, John (who will be 55 then) and Billy (who will be 50 then - this is his 50th birthday celebration), and our two daughters, Elizabeth, who will be almost 10 then, and Francesca, who will be 8 then.

We're from West Orange, NJ, and Palm Beach Gardens, FL.

We've booked second seating, but we don't have a clue about best rotations yet.

We're booked in 2094 and 2096, connecting Category 9B cabins.

We've never done Fish Extenders, but we're open to the possibility.

Should mention this would be our 6th DCL cruise (2 previous on the Magic, 2 previous on the Wonder and 1 previous on the Dream).

We'd be happy to help out organizing the group and any group activities. We'd also be interested in getting to know some other families with kids the same age to arrange some shared private shore excursions that are geared to children!

Happy planning everyone.
Catching up this chilly Sunday afternoon on all the posts for this cruise - I do hope you all decide to stay - our daughter will also be 8 on the cruise and we live just south of you in Hypoluxo, FL!

Last edited by FloridaMom3461; 02-12-2012 at 04:08 PM.
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #257
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by poizenivey View Post
WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

SOOOOO glad to be joining you guys on this cruise! I can hardly wait! We had to cancel our March MR cruise due to military restrictions, so this is quite the way to make up for it!

Me-Ivey (poizenivey)
DH-Jason
DD-Kennedy (9 at sailing)
DD-Karsyn (8 at sailing)

Late seating
Room 6603

Hubby has already started the "beans and rice" speeches! Penny pinching has officially started!

We booked this morning online at 6:10ish Mountain time...had no issues and it was a smooth as could be! Even transferring the ressie from a dummy cruise!

We will not sign up for FE's right now, but will keep them in mind! I'm so ready to start planning!
More playdates for the girls! I am very happy there are so many girls around the same age as Leigha (8).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #258
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Smile Hi Heather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor View Post
Wow! 532 days until our cruise and we are already on page 4...I can already anticipate a lively energetic cruise!

My Dis name is Newfoundland Sailor, please add us to the Roll Call – DW(Heather), DH ( Jason), DS (Stephen -12), DS (Jonathan - 4). We are from Newfoundland, Canada (that’s the island on the Northern East Coast of Canada close to Greenland) . Main seating. Stateroom 6053. FE Absolutely!

We were on a 7 day Med cruise last year with Disney and can’t wait to go back. My youngest had just turned two and he can still remember things he saw – every tower we pass he still calls the “Leaning Tower of Pisa”. We had a fabulous time last time and saw a lot of things (both on our own and through Disney excursions). This time round we are going to be more selective in our excursions since we saw the main things last year. DH says that he is staying on the ship until we get to Athens! He counted 9 at sea days in his calculations.

Joining us again on our cruise to the Med in 2013 is my Mother & Father from Montreal, Quebec. My Dad has always wanted to see Greece – so this will be his chance!

Last year there were only 6 rooms in the FE so I think this cruise has surpassed that number….I can’t wait. We loved dropping off goodies and seeing everyone’s doors. DH laughed at me when I brought one suitcase on 5 flights just full of FE stuff – I told him not to worry ‘cause it was coming home full as well. And sure enough it came home so full that we had to pay extra for being overweight!

Look forward to reading the posts and chatting more over the next year & a half. Enjoy!

~Heather~
I'm glad we'll be cruising together again! What a coincidence
Old 02-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #259
smores
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMom3461 View Post
Hi all,
I am very excited to be joining all of you on this 2013 cruise. We absolutely LOVED our time on a 7 night Med cruise in 2011 and are excited for the additional ports on this longer cruise. For the roll call:

Disname: FloridaMom3461
Party: Me (Randi), DH (David), DD (Leigha - will be 8 years old on cruise)
We are from South Florida, USA
Main Seating
Stateroom: #8602
Please include us in a FE exchange!

Looks like I've got a lot of reading to catch up on this thread!
Best wishes,
Randi
We cruised in that cabin for our 2010 med cruise....it has an awesome verandah!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
smores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #260
pawhitejr
Earning My Ears

Tinkerbelltwins - who did you end up booking your travel insurance through?
pawhitejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #261
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawhitejr View Post
Tinkerbelltwins - who did you end up booking your travel insurance through?
I used tripinsurancestore.com to compare policies and ended up choosing Travel Guard Gold. We squeezed in under the deadline to get the pre-existing condition concerns covered. I also discovered that we qualified for a clause that covered my DH to be able to cancel (please no) for a work related reason with the proper work documentation. That was a nice perk with that policy -- it wasn't a cancel for any reason thing though as that was a way more expensive option. We purchased a policy for the four of us for the 12 nights and some pre and post nights too for $299. We are allowed to add in the airfare amount (or if we use frequent flyer miles we can add in the amount for fees and such) and any hotel amounts to the policy once we know them later on. They will just adjust the policy to add those changes when call them with the information. Yes, we will be charged more but it won't affect our pre-existing condition waiver. So all good for us to have that peace of mind if, heaven forbid, something goes seriously wrong before or after we cross the Atlantic. It was way cheaper than going with Disney's insurance (which for us would have been $1060 -- yikes).

The people at that website when I called with some specific questions about a few different policies were very helpful.
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #262
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

@doberlady and @cousinorville -- I just made your stateroom changes on the roll call. I was flipping through the pages and realized I had overlooked your posts about this. Sorry it took so long. Happy ❤ Day everyone!

Beth
Old 02-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #263
doberlady
It just never gets old to me
I adore the obsessiveness of Disney planning

Morning all,

I emailed the guy I booked the Athens tour with to wish him well and hope that all was ok with him and his family in Greece. He wrote me back and said this:

Hi Debbie,
thank you very much for your e-mail! We are all fine. Media always exaggerate.... Actually I am doing tours everyday without facing any problems. Take care.

I was glad to hear from him

Dixie Landings 1993 * Dixie Landings 1997
Dixie Landings 2000 * Old Key West 2002
Old Key West 2005 * Old Key West 2006
Contemporary 2008 * Disney Magic 2009
POR/CR 2010 * Contemporary 2011
Contemporary 2012 * Beach Club CL 2014

doberlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #264
bonnielynn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberlady View Post
Morning all,

I emailed the guy I booked the Athens tour with to wish him well and hope that all was ok with him and his family in Greece. He wrote me back and said this:

Hi Debbie,
thank you very much for your e-mail! We are all fine. Media always exaggerate.... Actually I am doing tours everyday without facing any problems. Take care.

I was glad to hear from him
Your already booking.. I'm so behind.. what tour did you do.. I need to get on this.. is everyone booking this far out?:

bonnielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #265
doberlady

LOL. I am scared too

I have so much going on all the time that I have to get a few things taken care of. We are not going to tour each stop but I wanted Athens and Rome taken care of. We will just wander around Malta and I have NO idea what we will do in France. I do not want to spend hours walking around and getting on wrong busses/trains etc. THAT scares me!!!

Old 02-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #266
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMom3461 View Post
I'm glad we'll be cruising together again! What a coincidence
Hello Randi - We meet again.

Well hopefully we'll meet again. This cruise is going to be my make up cruise for last time. I didn't get a chance to meet any of my fellow DIS'ers last time round.

We had a blast last August in the Med. But there was so many things I didn't get to do. This time round we have all the big tours out of the way (except Athens) so I am going to be able to relax and enjoy a vacation. It also didn't help that I got sent to ICU 7 days prior to our last cruise with Type 1 Diabetes...unbeknowst to me. So everything was a whirlwind for me...trying to figure out how to eat, take insulin and watch my blood sugars for the first time while on a cruise.

I didn't get to meet anyone at our meet and greet because my husband accidently sent my carryon with the porters as checked luggage. The carryon had no tags for our rooms so it went to the lost luggage room. And of course in the carryon was my insulin. It was 6pm before I left my room on that first day (by the time the bag was found). Then to boot...my eldest lost his prescription glasses on the second day while we were onshore in France/Monaco....so I spent the second afternoon in the room again waiting for a phone call that our driver found his glasses. The next day was Pisa and then Rome - it wasn't until Naples did I see the ship....lol.

So this time round...I am going to enjoy the trip, the ship (and the food) and meet people - and I'll be the first one at our meet and greet this time.

Love to hear more about your trip last year.

~Heather~

Last edited by Newfoundland Sailor; 02-16-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #267
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Attention travel channel watchers ~~

Anthony Bourdain is covering Rome on the Travel Channel tonight at 10pm!

Beth
Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #268
doberlady

Beth-

I DVR'ed it. I have bookmarked the online ressie site to book the Restaurant Paris in Rome.

I have had fried artichokes in Rome before and they are TO DIE FOR.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #269
tink&cinderella
I keep thinking and thinking but nothing more is coming out
Good things take time to develop properly

We are excited to be joining you!!

Just booked yesterday....

There's me (Denise), DH,(Peter), DD; Jessica (turning 15 on the cruise) and she is the Disney Cruise Teen Expert on www.disneyradio.com and DD; Kimberly (11 at the time of the cruise)

I think this is my 16th cruise, husbands 14th, Jessica's 13th and Kimberly's 12th cruise.

We are from Ajax, Ontario, Canada - just east of Toronto.

Also travelling with us the bakerteam.... We met on the 2006 Disney Cruise line thread just like this one and have been friends ever since. We try to see each other at least once a year and have done a few trips together since 2006.

Their family consists of Eileen, Bob, Caitlyn and Emma; 16

We both are booked on the 2nd floor "somewhere" in GTY cabins and we have early dining.

We are super excited to travel together again.

Looking forward to meeting you all on the cruise.

Denise

August 2006 - POR
May 2006 - POP
March 2006 - POP
October 2005 - POP
July 2005 - off site
April 2005 - POFQ & 7 Day Western DCL
August 2004 - POP
February 2004 - POR & 7 Day Eastern DCL
January 2003 - ASM
May 1992 - off site
March 1986 - off site
tink&cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #270
tink&cinderella
I keep thinking and thinking but nothing more is coming out
Good things take time to develop properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Hey everyone -- check this out. A huge shout out to Dom13 over on the Creative Disigns board! I will post this on our first page too!

I would love to print this page out for our scrapbook... any ideas how to do that?? does it need to be downloadable in a word document?

Thanks

Denise

August 2006 - POR
May 2006 - POP
March 2006 - POP
October 2005 - POP
July 2005 - off site
April 2005 - POFQ & 7 Day Western DCL
August 2004 - POP
February 2004 - POR & 7 Day Eastern DCL
January 2003 - ASM
May 1992 - off site