Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #211
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnielynn View Post
Thanks for all the info.. do you remember who you used for the private tours.. ??
Villefrance........Revelation Tours, excellent !!
Rome.............. Romecabs, used them in 2007 and had a great tour
our son used them in 2011.

It's never too early to book private tours ! The best companies, esp Revelation tours will book up !
Old 02-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #212
pawhitejr
Earning My Ears

This will be our first Disney Cruise and the first cruise for DH and our kids. It will also be the first time for our kids to be out of the US. Still trying to digest all of the information here. Would love opinions on 2 inside staterooms vs family ocean view w/veranda. We figured we could spend the savings on excursions or additional travel before and after. Been reading everything I can on the first time cruiser boards - good thing is I still have time to soak it all in. Looking forward to a great time.

pawhitejr
Phil, DW (Wendy), DS (Ethan-14), DS (Garrett-11), DS (Preston-7)
From San Antonio, TX
Main Seating
2575 and 2577
Yes on the FE
pawhitejr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #213
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawhitejr View Post
This will be our first Disney Cruise and the first cruise for DH and our kids. It will also be the first time for our kids to be out of the US. Still trying to digest all of the information here. Would love opinions on 2 inside staterooms vs family ocean view w/veranda. We figured we could spend the savings on excursions or additional travel before and after. Been reading everything I can on the first time cruiser boards - good thing is I still have time to soak it all in. Looking forward to a great time.

pawhitejr
From San Antonio, TX
Main Seating
2575 and 2577
Yes on the FE
WELCOME !!

I think you're smart to get 2 inside staterooms with 3 boys. I have 3 sons This is a destination cruise and I don't think you'll miss the balcony.
When we come back from touring all day then have dinner...we're done !
IMHO this is the best way to see Europe with children ! We've been on 11 Disney cruises and you just can't beat their service ! Your sons will enjoy the kids clubs on sea days. Feel free to ask any questions !

Gina
Old 02-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #214
mom3bellasorella
Earning My Ears

We are excited to be going on our second Med Cruise with everyone. We did the med 2010. It was such a wonderful experience so we jumped at the chance to go back.

We are a family of 5 from California - Mom, Dad and three girls (14,10 and 8) next year. We are in the Second seating for dinner since we are hoping to be on Europe time by the time we get on the boat. So excited to see Greece and Turkey and can't wait to join you all!
mom3bellasorella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #215
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawhitejr View Post

pawhitejr
From San Antonio, TX
Main Seating
2575 and 2577
Yes on the FE
Welcome aboard! You've been added to our roll call!
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #216
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3bellasorella View Post
We are excited to be going on our second Med Cruise with everyone. We did the med 2010. It was such a wonderful experience so we jumped at the chance to go back.

We are a family of 5 from California - Mom, Dad and three girls (14,10 and 8) next year. We are in the Second seating for dinner since we are hoping to be on Europe time by the time we get on the boat. So excited to see Greece and Turkey and can't wait to join you all!
Welcome Aboard! You've been added to our roll call!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #217
bonnielynn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapycruiser View Post
Villefrance........Revelation Tours, excellent !!
Rome.............. Romecabs, used them in 2007 and had a great tour
our son used them in 2011.

It's never too early to book private tours ! The best companies, esp Revelation tours will book up !

Thanks!! I will look into it..

bonnielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #218
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

Did anyone get air through DCL? I'm so nervous I'm going to screw up getting the air on our own and everyone will be mad at me. But DCL is quoting us over $1500 for each of us right now.

We did get air through them for the Baltic, and it went so smoothly but when looking at the airfare to London, it was a lot less expensive had we done it ourselves.

AHHH...I'm losing sleep over this LOL I'm worried I'm going to either screw it up doing it on my own & pay too much or pay too much going through DCL or decide to go through DCL but by the time we decide to do that, they will raise their air rate even higher. I hate being so indecisive and no one else in the family will help me. They leave all the planning up to me...yet when something goes wrong, they are all quick to blame me

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #219
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
Did anyone get air through DCL? I'm so nervous I'm going to screw up getting the air on our own and everyone will be mad at me. But DCL is quoting us over $1500 for each of us right now.

We did get air through them for the Baltic, and it went so smoothly but when looking at the airfare to London, it was a lot less expensive had we done it ourselves.

AHHH...I'm losing sleep over this LOL I'm worried I'm going to either screw it up doing it on my own & pay too much or pay too much going through DCL or decide to go through DCL but by the time we decide to do that, they will raise their air rate even higher. I hate being so indecisive and no one else in the family will help me. They leave all the planning up to me...yet when something goes wrong, they are all quick to blame me
Where will you be flying from ?
You are right that flying to Barcelona will be more than London. We were on the 2007 & 2011 DCL Med cruises and have been twice to the Baltic.
We've never had DCL do our air.
If you go on Trip Advisor you can be safe in booking through them That's what we will do. I'm expecting to pay around $1200 to BCN, but we may go through Paris and stop over for 3 days at DLP. Looks like we could spend $1400 /pp going that route.
As to when to make our reservations, it's anyones guess. Prices could go down.

I'm the planner in my family as well. So I know what you mean. But when it comes to airfare, I throw out the numbers and we take a vote as to when to book.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #220
goingsouth
I should be Cruising today

We're hoping to earn enough points on Delta to pay for at least 1 ticket. We were able to earn 2 tickets in 2010 for the Baltic. Huge savings. I don't think you will ever save money getting air via Disney. And I'm pretty sure you don't get to choose your flights.
We found a very good car service company in 2007 in Barcelona. I'll take my chances with them again and try and save money. The trip is expensive enough!

Good luck with your decision

joanne
2012- AKL, BWV
2011-BLT,BCV
2010-Universal PBH, Magic Baltic Cruise
2008-BCV and SSR and DGC
2007-WB 14 day transatlanic Magic
------------------------------------
Next Up:
MNSSHP Oct 2014 GFV
Joanne John Sara & Amanda
goingsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #221
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

We would have to fly out of JFK or Newark so while we have lots of airlines to choose from, we also have a huge price to pay.

When we went through DCL last time, we did have good luck with them. We flew on Virgin both ways, had good flight times, & they did stop in a town in England for an hour or so before going to the ship. Nice for most of the family...not so great for me....my DD fell asleep on my lap & we had to sit on this tiny slanted bench in an outdoor bus station the whole time....the a/c on our own tour bus was broke, European heat wave...long story

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #222
Im_A_Princess
PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

Location: Maryland ~893.52 miles from my FL home in Port Canaveral

The airfare is scary expensive!
DCL is quoting $1700 pp!
That is almost as much as the cruise!!!!
I hope we do not end up having to cancel at a later time. Maybe airfares will go down!

-Chrissy 116 days onboard DCL and counting...)
Im_A_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #223
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

If anybody sees great deals on airfares as we get closer and the airlines start putting up their pricing, I say let's report back on this board. So we can all help each other! When do airlines generally post their pricing -- is it a year before?

Beth
Old 02-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #224
linkandclover
Mouseketeer

We flew in 2010 and paid 1000 a person on British airways. We had to rebook because of the Volcano in Iceland and actually got our tickets for 750 each. I am not sure what others have experienced but my sense is that you have to wait for fares to drop and they definitely will.
linkandclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #225
doberlady
It just never gets old to me
I adore the obsessiveness of Disney planning

I anyone is interested in sharing a whole day tour for Rome let me know. We are 2 people.

Dixie Landings 1993 * Dixie Landings 1997
Dixie Landings 2000 * Old Key West 2002
Old Key West 2005 * Old Key West 2006
Contemporary 2008 * Disney Magic 2009
POR/CR 2010 * Contemporary 2011
Contemporary 2012 * Beach Club CL 2014

doberlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: