Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #1846
Catqi
Earning My Ears

Spinning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennymike View Post
I've been there often enough, I feel like I should know this, but does anyone have any further info RE the spinning bikes in the fitness center? Do they do a group spin class? Can they be used ONLY in a class, or can one use them on their own? I assume they do not have clip-only pedals, since I can't imagine that many people want to haul bike shoes TOO in their luggage? Any info would be appreciated....trying to plan out my triathlon training while on vaca!
I am new to this board, just took the 6/15 Med Cruise. Re spinning, we had two classes offered on the cruise, IIRC on the second and third sea days at 4 PM; sign up was supposed to be 24 hours ahead; I should have asked someone about sign ups and how that worked, because by the time I saw lists sitting out on a table in the front of the gym I was only able to sign up for the wait list and never made it into a class. The bikes were all pushed ihto one area and did not have seats until it was time for the class; I don't know if you asked a CM whether you could set one up and use it outside of the class time. Since I didn't get into a class (nearly made it the second time, person ahead of me on the wait list showed up one minute before the class) I don't know about the pedals. You're smart to be thinking ahead about this, hope you have better luck getting into a class than I did!
Catqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #1847
LovestoSail
Earning My Ears

Where / when is the FE Meet ? I must've missed something. Have my FE goodies all done. Can't wait

April 2000 - WDW & Disney Magic - WDW Land/Sea
July 2002 - Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean
November 2003 - Disney Magic - Western Caribbean
July 2010 - Disney Magic; Baltic Cruise
July 2011 - Disney Wonder; Alaska
April 2012 - WDW
September 2012 - Disney Magic; New York -> Halifax, NS, St. John, NB
July 2013 - Disney Magic - 12-Night Mediterranean with Greece
LovestoSail is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #1848
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovestoSail View Post
Where / when is the FE Meet ? I must've missed something. Have my FE goodies all done. Can't wait
2:30 to 3:30pm on Embarkation Day in Studio Sea, deck 4 mid ship.
Randi
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #1849
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddwaur View Post
For buying entrance tickets to the Acropolis during our Athens tour, we were told that kids under the age of 18 would not be charged. The tour guide mentioned that a photocopy of their passports would be fine.

I would think the same would be true for the Leaning Tower...do they have any additional info on their website?
We were on the June 15th cruise. When we purchased tickets, we brought our children to the lower ticket office near the Tourist office and Yes! children were free. We paid 48 euros.

MedCruise June 15-27, 2013 VilleFranche-Sur-Mer, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Valetta

MedCruise Aug. 7, 2010 Valetta, Tunis, Naples, Civitavecchia, La Spezia, VilleFranche-Sur-Mer

Mexican Riviera 2008
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #1850
pennymike
Must obey the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catqi View Post
I am new to this board, just took the 6/15 Med Cruise. Re spinning, we had two classes offered on the cruise, IIRC on the second and third sea days at 4 PM; sign up was supposed to be 24 hours ahead; I should have asked someone about sign ups and how that worked, because by the time I saw lists sitting out on a table in the front of the gym I was only able to sign up for the wait list and never made it into a class. The bikes were all pushed ihto one area and did not have seats until it was time for the class; I don't know if you asked a CM whether you could set one up and use it outside of the class time. Since I didn't get into a class (nearly made it the second time, person ahead of me on the wait list showed up one minute before the class) I don't know about the pedals. You're smart to be thinking ahead about this, hope you have better luck getting into a class than I did!
Thanks for the info! I thought perhaps I recalled them being "off limits" except for a class, but never really WANTED to use them before, so didn't pay much attention! I appreciate the heads-up on the sign up for the classes. Did they charge extra for the spin class? (Being Disney, that is probably a silly question, but I had to ask! )

P.
04/2004 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise, Wonder. 07/2006 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 07/2007 - 7-Night @ WDW - Yacht Club Resort. 12/2007 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 08/2008 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise, Wonder and 3-Night @ WDW - Wilderness Lodge Resort. 04/2009 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 07/2009 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 12/2009 - 7-Night Christmas Eastern Caribbean, Magic. 08/2010 - 11-Night Mediterranean Cruise, Magic. 12/2010 - 11-Night Christmas Cruise, Magic. 08/2011 - 5-Night Bahamian Cruise, Dream, 08/2011 - 4 Night @ WDW - WLV and AKV. 12/2011 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Magic. 07/2012, 2-Nights @ BWV & 7-Night Western Caribbean, Fantasy. 07/2013 - 12 Night Mediterranean Cruise, Magic. 12/2013 7-Night NYE Eastern Caribbean, Fantasy. Up and coming: 08/2014, 7-Night Western Caribbean w/Jamaica, Fantasy then 07/2015 12-Night Northern Europe, Magic.

pennymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #1851
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best

OK, got the zip ties! Amusingly, when I first asked the guy where the zip ties were, he took me to Ziplocks (hmm, no . . .).

I'm working tomorrow to get some last minute things done before being gone for so long, and then two of my daughters and I are catching a nonstop flight tomorrow night out of JFK to Venice. We'll get there Tuesday morning and then the third daughter (the middle one), who is already in Europe, will meet us on Wednesday. Major plan is to see the Biennale (this will be my fourth time in Venice, and third Biennale). On Friday we all four fly from Venice to Barcelona, and Saturday I will see you at the meet!

Safe travels, everyone!

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #1852
dcd777
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_fans View Post

Welcome aboard! We are also based near London and were on the Med cruise in 2011.
Were from Hornchurch, on countdown now
dcd777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #1853
Disney_fans
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd777 View Post
Were from Hornchurch, on countdown now
We are in Cambridgeshire and leave Friday out of Heathrow on BA. We are so excited but have lots to do between now and then.

Disney_fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #1854
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMom3461 View Post
Since there have been some discussions on other boards about the dates changing for formal night etc., I checked with the concierge today and was told:

This would be what we have listed as of now.
Formal Night on night # 5, July 17th at Sea
Pirates Night on night # 10, July 22nd at Sea
Semi Formal Night on night # 11, July 23rd at Malta

Note this is different from what we had been previously told.

Randi
These changes are now posted on page one!

Beth

Disney Magic: Western Caribbean Halloween 10/30/10; NY to Nowhere 6/15/12; Southern Caribbean 10/11/14; Repo from San Juan to PC, 10/18/14; Magic in the Med 8/29/15
Disney Dream: Bahamas Birthday 5/19/11; Bahamas Double-Dip 8/16/11
Disney Wonder: Alaska 8/13/12
Disney Fantasy: Eastern Caribbean Thanksgiving 11/17/12; Eastern Caribbean 8/23/14
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #1855
tfc3rid
DIS Veteran

Hey all, just a few days now... Wife and I are leaving on Thursday evening and arriving Friday AM... Think we might just lay low and walk a little bit on Friday, as we are staying 2 nights post-cruise in Barcelona to tour... Getting excited...

One question... How are you all getting from the airport to your hotels? My plan is taxi... Figuring 40 Euro at least (ugh)...

tfc3rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #1856
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
Hey all, just a few days now... Wife and I are leaving on Thursday evening and arriving Friday AM... Think we might just lay low and walk a little bit on Friday, as we are staying 2 nights post-cruise in Barcelona to tour... Getting excited...

One question... How are you all getting from the airport to your hotels? My plan is taxi... Figuring 40 Euro at least (ugh)...
Aerobus. Only 6 euros pp. depends how close the stop is to your hotel though- ours is only 1 block away so it's perfect.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #1857
tfc3rid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Aerobus. Only 6 euros pp. depends how close the stop is to your hotel though- ours is only 1 block away so it's perfect.
Thanks... I'm actually staying using my HHonors Points at the Hilton Diagonal Mar... Since it's a bit of a ways from the City Centre, I figure a taxi might be fine...

tfc3rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #1858
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

We did a taxi last time, very convenient. Will do so again. It's almost here......
Old 07-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #1859
calihannah
Mouseketeer

We've been in London since Friday morning and are heading to Barcelona tomorrow afternoon -- after that it will feel so real that we're almost on the Magic!! Our kids are asking about it nonstop at this point. Can't wait to meet many of you on the ship!

Re: zip ties...strangely, I could only find the velcro ones, so we've got those...not a huge deterrent, but not easy pickings, either. *shrug*

The previous trip report cites tons of adults but few children -- consistent with our 2011 experience, when we had a late May sail date. Wondering how many more kids will be on this sailing since many schools are out (all of the US/Canada, but some European schools are in session through this week or next week). Just idle curiosity...won't really impact our planning much, I suspect
calihannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #1860
Amy Fran
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfc3rid View Post
Our hotel provides a free shuttle. Was one of the major draws for us - no worries!
Amy Fran is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: