Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #1831
pennymike
Must obey the Mouse!
 
pennymike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 315

fitness center questions...

I've been there often enough, I feel like I should know this, but does anyone have any further info RE the spinning bikes in the fitness center? Do they do a group spin class? Can they be used ONLY in a class, or can one use them on their own? I assume they do not have clip-only pedals, since I can't imagine that many people want to haul bike shoes TOO in their luggage? Any info would be appreciated....trying to plan out my triathlon training while on vaca!
__________________
Penny & Mike
04/2004 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise, Wonder. 07/2006 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 07/2007 - 7-Night @ WDW - Yacht Club Resort. 12/2007 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 08/2008 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise, Wonder and 3-Night @ WDW - Wilderness Lodge Resort. 04/2009 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 07/2009 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 12/2009 - 7-Night Christmas Eastern Caribbean, Magic. 08/2010 - 11-Night Mediterranean Cruise, Magic. 12/2010 - 11-Night Christmas Cruise, Magic. 08/2011 - 5-Night Bahamian Cruise, Dream, 08/2011 - 4 Night @ WDW - WLV and AKV. 12/2011 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Magic. 07/2012, 2-Nights @ BWV & 7-Night Western Caribbean, Fantasy. 07/2013 - 12 Night Mediterranean Cruise, Magic. 12/2013 7-Night NYE Eastern Caribbean, Fantasy. Up and coming: 08/2014, 7-Night Western Caribbean w/Jamaica, Fantasy then 07/2015 12-Night Northern Europe, Magic.


pennymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #1832
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best
 
bellelinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by smores View Post
Just wondering....there is still one room on FE list that is gty....do some people get their cabin numbers at embarkation???
I've been looking at that, too . . . it's virtually impossible for someone not to have their cabin number by now so I'm wondering if this cabin isn't participating in the FE. Also, I thought there were a few people who joined late and were going to be added only by those who had enough FE gifts but I don't see them anywhere (and I could add some cabins to my delivery, no problem).
__________________
--Julie

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #1833
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?
 
MrsG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Malverne, NY
Posts: 3,649

Most of the Navigators are up for the Greece cruise before us:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334

I think they are almost done posting them all, just the last 3 missing.

Thank you MinnieDiva!
__________________
MrsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #1834
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?
 
MrsG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Malverne, NY
Posts: 3,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelinus View Post
I've been looking at that, too . . . it's virtually impossible for someone not to have their cabin number by now so I'm wondering if this cabin isn't participating in the FE. Also, I thought there were a few people who joined late and were going to be added only by those who had enough FE gifts but I don't see them anywhere (and I could add some cabins to my delivery, no problem).
I noticed that, too, Julie. I wanted to make my own FE list from the list on the first page and figured that if they show up at our meet, we'll fix it from a guarantee to a room number. Not sure about the last min. folks, though.
__________________
MrsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #1835
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran
 
WDW Princess 71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,812

I have heard about some people not getting a stateroom assignment until arrival at the port. Not sure how common it is. Eileen said she would have the most up to date list at the meet on Day 1 at 2:30; if that person didn't give us their room assignment before then, hopefully they will be there to give the room at that time. I don't think the "backup" list of extra rooms ever materialized, I think its just the confirmed 25 on the current list.
__________________
Nicole


September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #1836
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?
 
MrsG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Malverne, NY
Posts: 3,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
I have heard about some people not getting a stateroom assignment until arrival at the port. Not sure how common it is. Eileen said she would have the most up to date list at the meet on Day 1 at 2:30; if that person didn't give us their room assignment before then, hopefully they will be there to give the room at that time. I don't think the "backup" list of extra rooms ever materialized, I think its just the confirmed 25 on the current list.
Thanks Nicole. Can't wait - getting closer.......
__________________
MrsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #1837
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Geneve, Switzerland
Posts: 142

Help me, what am I missing? I see cabin numbers for everyone on the FE and SM list on the first page.


We have one group of 25 because that is how the person in charge before me set it up. I tried to make it larger or split it into smaller groups when we got more interest, but too many people did not want to change it so I had to cut it off at the original 25 that signed up.

Sorry I have not been able to make the cheat sheet with room assignments to post ahead of time, I am currently on vacation #1 before we head out to the Med for vacation #2. (I know, I know it sounds awful.) I will bring them with me to the meet and greet and will also have extras that I will put in a labeled envelope in our fish extender, we are in room 6632.

Thanks everyone.
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #1838
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best
 
bellelinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleblanc View Post
Help me, what am I missing? I see cabin numbers for everyone on the FE and SM list on the first page.


We have one group of 25 because that is how the person in charge before me set it up. I tried to make it larger or split it into smaller groups when we got more interest, but too many people did not want to change it so I had to cut it off at the original 25 that signed up.

Sorry I have not been able to make the cheat sheet with room assignments to post ahead of time, I am currently on vacation #1 before we head out to the Med for vacation #2. (I know, I know it sounds awful.) I will bring them with me to the meet and greet and will also have extras that I will put in a labeled envelope in our fish extender, we are in room 6632.

Thanks everyone.
OK, that's weird - when I looked about a week ago, there was an 11b GTY in the list . . . oh well! Thanks for all your work.
__________________
--Julie

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #1839
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best
 
bellelinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,229

I keep reading in the earlier Med cruises this summer that many FEs were stolen (magnets too)

I remember that on a previous cruise someone gave out some kind of plastic tie so that you could secure your FE to the fish to be sure it wasn't easy to steal. Any idea what can do this and how to get them?

I will be delivering my gifts the morning of the last sea day, so don't think I have forgotten you when it gets toward the end of the cruise and you don't have anything from me! My gift is more of a souvenir of the trip to take home than something you want or need on the cruise itself.

So excited that a week from now we will be on the ship!
__________________
--Julie

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #1840
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran
 
WDW Princess 71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,812

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelinus View Post
OK, that's weird - when I looked about a week ago, there was an 11b GTY in the list . . . oh well! Thanks for all your work.
The last person, Janell, the was the 11B GTY, just updated her room today. She posted on Facebook that she did and I checked, it is updated now. So all rooms assigned and we're good to go, yay!

Regarding securing your FE, I always use a plastic zip tie. Yes, it can be cut but it is a good enough deterent. That, plus personalizing it with your family name which I also do, is about all you can do. You can get the zip ties at hardware stores like Home Depot or Lowes.
__________________
Nicole


September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #1841
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!
 
Stimpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,784

I use the zip ties too. Maybe since our gift is stuff to use during the cruise, I'll add some of them too Haha! I'm not crafty at all so I tried to go practical. Seemed like a good idea until I realized we would probably have to give ours out the first night..eek!

I also heard about the FEs themselves being stolen, as well as the gifts, magnets etc. That's so sad! Especially when people work so hard on them. I hope no one has that problem in our group.

DH & DD want to get packed but I keep telling them no. If they get packed the way they want, they won't have anything left to wear for the rest of the week! They are both notorious overpackers. I, on the other hand,am a big procrastinator. It is not unusual for me to still be shoving stuff in the suitcase as the limo is pulling into the driveway for the airport. DS just kind of shows up. It's really amazing we travel so much LOL
__________________
DVC-BCV members
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane!"








Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #1842
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best
 
bellelinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
I use the zip ties too. Maybe since our gift is stuff to use during the cruise, I'll add some of them too Haha! I'm not crafty at all so I tried to go practical. Seemed like a good idea until I realized we would probably have to give ours out the first night..eek!

I also heard about the FEs themselves being stolen, as well as the gifts, magnets etc. That's so sad! Especially when people work so hard on them. I hope no one has that problem in our group.

DH & DD want to get packed but I keep telling them no. If they get packed the way they want, they won't have anything left to wear for the rest of the week! They are both notorious overpackers. I, on the other hand,am a big procrastinator. It is not unusual for me to still be shoving stuff in the suitcase as the limo is pulling into the driveway for the airport. DS just kind of shows up. It's really amazing we travel so much LOL
Let me know if you plan to have zip ties in your FE gift . . . I'm not sure where to get them (no Lowes or Home Depot in Manhattan!) and am leaving Monday night anyway, so little time to look for them.
__________________
--Julie

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #1843
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran
 
WDW Princess 71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,812

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelinus View Post

Let me know if you plan to have zip ties in your FE gift . . . I'm not sure where to get them (no Lowes or Home Depot in Manhattan!) and am leaving Monday night anyway, so little time to look for them.
Any hardware store should have them. They are sold in a bag full. However on all of the cruises I've been on at least 1 person doing the FE gave them out as part of their gift, so odds are someone will hook you up! I've gotten some great "handy" FE gift items like zip ties, mini duct tape, clothespins for the curtains, band aids, etc- great stuff!
__________________
Nicole


September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #1844
ejw
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rockaway Park, NY
Posts: 485

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelinus View Post
Let me know if you plan to have zip ties in your FE gift . . . I'm not sure where to get them (no Lowes or Home Depot in Manhattan!) and am leaving Monday night anyway, so little time to look for them.
if you have the time, there is a Home Depot in Manhattan. it on 3rd between 58 and 59. if you don't have the time, you can use regular twist ties. They are better than nothing.

ellen
__________________

ejw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #1845
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best
 
bellelinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,229

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejw View Post
if you have the time, there is a Home Depot in Manhattan. it on 3rd between 58 and 59. if you don't have the time, you can use regular twist ties. They are better than nothing.

ellen
That's amazing - that's only a block from Bloomingdale's and I had no idea it was there (not that I tend to notice hardware stores). I'll try to pick some up today . . .
__________________
--Julie

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: