Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #1816
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsG View Post
Thanks Randi! There's so much great stuff on our first pages - yet I forget to check!!!!!
MaryAnn, how do you want to meet up to book a wine tasting together when we get onboard? Can't wait to cruise with you again

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #1817
Scraptographer
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone, I have been a long time lurker on this board and have followed this thread consistently for a while as my DH, DD (16), DS (14) and I will be on this cruise with you. The excitement has finally brought me out of lurkdom and I figured I should introduce myself in case I go all 'fan girl' if I am lucky enough to run into you guys on the ship

This will be our 7th cruise since 2004, including a 2010 Baltic and a 2011 Alaska, and I look forward to saying hello and sharing a 'Magical' trip to the Med with all of you.

Yvonne
Scraptographer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #1818
bellelinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraptographer View Post
Hi everyone, I have been a long time lurker on this board and have followed this thread consistently for a while as my DH, DD (16), DS (14) and I will be on this cruise with you. The excitement has finally brought me out of lurkdom and I figured I should introduce myself in case I go all 'fan girl' if I am lucky enough to run into you guys on the ship

This will be our 7th cruise since 2004, including a 2010 Baltic and a 2011 Alaska, and I look forward to saying hello and sharing a 'Magical' trip to the Med with all of you.

Yvonne
Welcome, Yvonne! I have a 16 year old daughter on this cruise as well, maybe they will meet up . . .

Old 07-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #1819
happy_momma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraptographer View Post

Yvonne
Welcome!! Looking forward to meeting you and your family. I have a teenaged daughter as well - she is 17.
happy_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #1820
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

Welcome!

We have a DS who is almost 14...month and half shy. He's hoping he can get into Vibe since he will be going into HS in the fall. On the Baltic he was able to bump up to Edge. But he knows he may not be able to if they are full. I just think he would have a better time with the older group. All the kids he hangs out with now ate basically 14-16.

Does anyone know the age for the gym in the spa? He recently started going to one around here with DH and he would like to keep it up if he could.

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #1821
bellelinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post

Does anyone know the age for the gym in the spa? He recently started going to one around here with DH and he would like to keep it up if he could.
I'm pretty sure it's 18 for the gym . . . my 16 year old would love to do the ellipticals but I think the cutoff is 18 and up.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #1822
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelinus View Post
I'm pretty sure it's 18 for the gym . . . my 16 year old would love to do the ellipticals but I think the cutoff is 18 and up.
They might not have been enforcing rules but I worked out with my 12 year old nephew two years ago in Alaska. With my wife and sister in law we were the only ones there though.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #1823
bellelinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post
They might not have been enforcing rules but I worked out with my 12 year old nephew two years ago in Alaska. With my wife and sister in law we were the only ones there though.
This is what they say on the DCL website, but maybe they are not strict about it:

The Fitness Center is open from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. every day except when the ships are docked. Reservations for instructional classes, seminars or one-on-one training sessions may be set up at the Fitness Center any time after 1:00 p.m. on the day you first board the ship or any time thereafter. Please note that Guests are required to be 18 years of age or older to use the facilities.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #1824
smores
DIS Veteran

i thought you can only carry on alcohol in barcelona(embarkation)....i thought if you bought it in any of the other ports it was kept by disney until disembarkation....am i thinking of another cruise line????

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
smores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #1825
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by smores View Post
i thought you can only carry on alcohol in barcelona(embarkation)....i thought if you bought it in any of the other ports it was kept by disney until disembarkation....am i thinking of another cruise line????
I think it's just certain ports because we purchased alcohol on our last Med in different ports and carried it on. We also did the same thing on our Alaskan cruise.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #1826
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
I think it's just certain ports because we purchased alcohol on our last Med in different ports and carried it on. We also did the same thing on our Alaskan cruise.
Same with me in Alaska. Bought a six pack in Skagway because I did not care for the pedestrian choices on the cruise liner.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #1827
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

We were able to buy & bring beer on board in Germany. There was no problem drinking it in our stateroom. I think it's only if you purchase it through the duty free shops that they hold it until the end of the cruise.

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #1828
smores
DIS Veteran

I learned something very important today...gelato is healthier (lower fat) than ice cream! 😀

[/url]
Old 07-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #1829
pennymike
Must obey the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
We were able to buy & bring beer on board in Germany. There was no problem drinking it in our stateroom. I think it's only if you purchase it through the duty free shops that they hold it until the end of the cruise.
Correct....it is if you buy duty free they hold it. It varies from island to island in the caribbean, whether they'll let you purchase in the shops to carry on or not....but you can carry it on the ship as far as DCL is concerned.
04/2004 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise, Wonder. 07/2006 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 07/2007 - 7-Night @ WDW - Yacht Club Resort. 12/2007 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 08/2008 - 4-Night Bahamian Cruise, Wonder and 3-Night @ WDW - Wilderness Lodge Resort. 04/2009 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 07/2009 - 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, Magic. 12/2009 - 7-Night Christmas Eastern Caribbean, Magic. 08/2010 - 11-Night Mediterranean Cruise, Magic. 12/2010 - 11-Night Christmas Cruise, Magic. 08/2011 - 5-Night Bahamian Cruise, Dream, 08/2011 - 4 Night @ WDW - WLV and AKV. 12/2011 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Magic. 07/2012, 2-Nights @ BWV & 7-Night Western Caribbean, Fantasy. 07/2013 - 12 Night Mediterranean Cruise, Magic. 12/2013 7-Night NYE Eastern Caribbean, Fantasy. Up and coming: 08/2014, 7-Night Western Caribbean w/Jamaica, Fantasy then 07/2015 12-Night Northern Europe, Magic.

pennymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #1830
smores
DIS Veteran

Just wondering....there is still one room on FE list that is gty....do some people get their cabin numbers at embarkation???

[/url]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: