Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #1666
tajz90
Mama D

Cruise ship passengers don't need a visa to visit Turkey
tajz90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #1667
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
Cruise ship passengers don't need a visa to visit Turkey
Correct, as long as you do not stay overnight in Turkey which we do not.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #1668
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post
Correct, as long as you do not stay overnight in Turkey which we do not.
Unless one misses the ship! Then, one has bigger problems than not having a Visa... LOL!!
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #1669
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Someone asked about cameras...we will likely have a couple of canon slrs with us. Love taking pics and want to document the vacation for DS. I make him photo books for each year and for major trips/events. Usually print 3copies...one for us, one for my parents and one for him that goes up until he is grown. He loves looking through them and "remembering" things. I am currently way behind though...
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #1670
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

I am thinking of buying tickets to see the Sagrida de Familia so we don't have to wait on the long line. It is about $20 cheaper to buy directly from the church site than through Trip advisior or another vendor. Both include a guide. Any idea why????
Old 06-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #1671
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsG View Post
I am thinking of buying tickets to see the Sagrida de Familia so we don't have to wait on the long line. It is about $20 cheaper to buy directly from the church site than through Trip advisior or another vendor. Both include a guide. Any idea why????
No commissions to be paid I would assume. I bought directly from the church yesterday and there was no guide included.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #1672
MrsG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post
No commissions to be paid I would assume. I bought directly from the church yesterday and there was no guide included.
It seems there are different options, audio guide, tour guide, etc. all different prices. That is some commission!!! I can get 2 adult guide or audio tours for less than 1 adult price through a tour company! I think I'll book directly, too.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #1673
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsG View Post
It seems there are different options, audio guide, tour guide, etc. all different prices. That is some commission!!! I can get 2 adult guide or audio tours for less than 1 adult price through a tour company! I think I'll book directly, too.
When are you planning on going? We are going to head their on the 25th after dropping off our bags at the hotel.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #1674
MrsG

We need to go on the 12th. We're heading straight to the airport after the cruise. We spent about 3 days in Barcelona in 2007, but never got inside the church. We just passed it and saw the long lines. This time, it's the only thing left we want to do. We'll do that, go to dinner, and board the Magic the next morning. Wow, is time going fast!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #1675
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

For those who are also doing Cinque Terre on your own, have you looked at the Trenitalia site's train schedules? I was checking them out today and I'm disappointed with the times. There is a train at 7:55 AM and the next one isn't until 9:51! I can't imagine we'd make the 7:55 since our ashore (and this is a tender port) time is 7:45. That just seems like such a waste to wait until 10am to get the next one. Is there another way to get to Cinque Terre, like a taxi or something? I hate to spend extra since the train card we were going to get will cover all day, but time is money also and starting our day at 10:00 seems like a huge waste to me. What do you all think?

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #1676
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
For those who are also doing Cinque Terre on your own, have you looked at the Trenitalia site's train schedules? I was checking them out today and I'm disappointed with the times. There is a train at 7:55 AM and the next one isn't until 9:51! I can't imagine we'd make the 7:55 since our ashore (and this is a tender port) time is 7:45. That just seems like such a waste to wait until 10am to get the next one. Is there another way to get to Cinque Terre, like a taxi or something? I hate to spend extra since the train card we were going to get will cover all day, but time is money also and starting our day at 10:00 seems like a huge waste to me. What do you all think?
It is a tender port and the DCL excursions get off first so yeah 7:55 is going to be impossible. I don't think the 8:20 to Pisa will even be possible for us. So we will wait until 9:19
Old 06-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #1677
happy_momma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That puts a crimp in our plans as well! I thought I'd read that the trains were pretty frequent. There is a boat that goes out as well...maybe the times for that will work better, then the train back. Have to check it out tonight.
happy_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #1678
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are also doing Cinque Terre on our own. This is really good to know (about the train schedule). I've been SO consumed with finishing up the school year with my kids that I haven't had a chance to look up specific details about Cinque Terre and plan out how we'll do it. Hmmmm... I agree, waiting around until 10 AM for the train is too bad! I have the Rick Steve's Cinque Terre book (but I honestly haven't looked at it at all yet!). I'll look in that book and see if he has any recommendations on getting to Cinque Terre...
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #1679
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_momma View Post
That puts a crimp in our plans as well! I thought I'd read that the trains were pretty frequent. There is a boat that goes out as well...maybe the times for that will work better, then the train back. Have to check it out tonight.
Let me know what you find out! I had heard the was a boat that went between the 5 towns of Cinque Terre, but I didn't know about one going TO Cinque Terre from La Spezia. I'm hoping that or a cab will be an option. I heard the trains were frequent too, at least once or twice an hour, so I can't believe that there is a 2 hour gap. Maybe when it gets closer to the date, they'll add additional trains? I guess we'll still get off as early as possible and hope for an earlier train or check out a cab or boat option if one presents itself when we get out of the port.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #1680
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

Cinque Terre

I think we should definitely have a sidebar on this when we get closer...since I think a bunch of us are doing this. Maybe at the meet we can figure it out. Pretty sure the boat from La Spezia is an option and is included in the boat/train pass. But we need to confirm.
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: