Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #1636
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Meet and Greet

For those who missed the original notice and/or for a reminder: Meet and Greet will be Saturday, July 13, 2013 from 2:30pm until 3:30pm in Studio Sea, Deck 4, Mid Ship.
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #1637
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

My plan for Cinque Terre is to go to the far end and make my way back. Shopping, taking photos, and eating along the way.
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #1638
KYDIZFAN
Mouseketeer

Will check them out. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #1639
Amy Fran
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMom3461 View Post
We are doing a 1/2 day tour with Barcelona Day Tours and have been very happy with their communication up until now. They are picking us up at the airport one hour after we land and then we have a 4 hour tour and then they will drop us off at the hotel. Check out their website for more info and the email is below also.

Barcelona Day Tours
Top-Day-Tours Group
www.SpainDayTours.com
Tel: +34 931 815 287
Fax:+34 933 728 413
Email: info@BarcelonaDayTours.com
We looked into this because we'd love the ease of it, but it would be 250 euros for the 2 of us since it'd be considered a private tour. If someone would like to go together, maybe they'd make a couple pick-ups & drop offs. Our flight comes into BCN at 9:15am on the 12th if someone is coming in around that time?
Amy Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #1640
buddwaur
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesToRun View Post
I was going to send emails to all my private tours/activities planned sometime in the next 2 weeks to re-confirm (trying to get through the craziness of the last few days of school here first).

But, if there is any issue with the amount they want to charge me, I am bringing my original form I sent to them, which clearly shows 30 Euros, plus, I have an email exchange with someone I communicated with at the resort and in one of the emails they quoted me the 30 euros. I never sent in my CC #, but only my reservation form, so the only way they can charge me is when I give them my CC when I arrive. So, if they want to over charge me, I'll be getting out all of my documentation I've saved showing we agreed already on 30 Euros, and I won't give them my CC unless they will only charge me the 30 Euros promised. i'm not too worried.

And, if worst comes to worst, and it all falls through (they don't show up, or whatever), I'm out no money since they don't have my CC# or any deposit, and we'll just take a taxi to a beach, or just walk around town... play it by ear. Yes, it'd be disappointing if something like that happened, but we'd find a plan B, and I'd write on Trip Advisor after I got home what happened, which won't be good PR for them. So, hopefully (for everyone's sake) it'll all work out just fine!!

I'm getting excited!!!!

But, for sure, good idea to email and reconfirm.

We are still deciding on St. Johns in Mykonos. When they sent the form to us, they mentioned that we need to indicate what port the ship will be in (Tourlos or Downtown). I called Disney to ask them and they said it would depend on the water conditons. They mentioned an announcement would be made a day earlier. What arrangements did you make with St. Johns when they asked you about port pickup?
buddwaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #1641
DionysiusP
Earning My Ears

Arriving Barcelona 09 July. Planning tour with Barcelona Tours on 10 July. Still trying to decide on City Tour or City&Montserrat. 4hrs vs 8 hrs. Any comments?
DionysiusP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #1642
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddwaur View Post

We are still deciding on St. Johns in Mykonos. When they sent the form to us, they mentioned that we need to indicate what port the ship will be in (Tourlos or Downtown). I called Disney to ask them and they said it would depend on the water conditons. They mentioned an announcement would be made a day earlier. What arrangements did you make with St. Johns when they asked you about port pickup?
In my email the other day from St. John from the agent who seemed much more intelligent than the other one I dealt with, she said if we dock at the main big cruise port tourlos then the driver would be right there at the exit. If we tender at the downtown port, we have to walk 150m to a place called the yacht club to meet the driver. She didn't specify that I had to tell them which port we would be arriving at so I assume they can tell from a report or something that day to know where we come in.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #1643
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They didn't ask me which port we'd be arriving at. They only wanted to know which ship I was arriving on. It might be they have re-done their reservations forms since I reserved our time at St. John's.

When I contact them to re-confirm, I'll clarify with this, but I just saw Nicole's answer, and it sounds like the representative for St. John's will be able to figure out which port our ship will arrive at.
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #1644
buddwaur
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
In my email the other day from St. John from the agent who seemed much more intelligent than the other one I dealt with, she said if we dock at the main big cruise port tourlos then the driver would be right there at the exit. If we tender at the downtown port, we have to walk 150m to a place called the yacht club to meet the driver. She didn't specify that I had to tell them which port we would be arriving at so I assume they can tell from a report or something that day to know where we come in.

Thanks Nicole!

Now I just need to make a final decision as to whether we will go! I have 3 boys (16, 14 and 12). Their first question was whether there will be lots of waves! I'm pretty sure on the southern portion of the island, the waters will be calm. I know that in August when the southern winds pickup, the water conditons could be wavier.

So, my dilemma is that we all would like to do the sightseeing of the windmills and Petro the Pelican but I would also love to have a beach day. I was thinking my hubby and I could go to the resort early morning til about lunch time; then go back to the ship and pickup the boys and head into town for some sightseeing.

Having spent time on the Greek Islands during summer time, I know how extremely hot it can get. But then I figured that would be a good excuse to sit down somewhere for an iced coffee!
It is a touristy area so I don't believe we will have to worry about the shops closing around 2 pm for the afternoon siesta!

My whole family is getting very excited about the trip! Last night I had a hard time falling asleep as I kept going through a mental checklist of everything that still needs to be done.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #1645
buddwaur
Earning My Ears

Quote:
They didn't ask me which port we'd be arriving at. They only wanted to know which ship I was arriving on. It might be they have re-done their reservations forms since I reserved our time at St. John's.

When I contact them to re-confirm, I'll clarify with this, but I just saw Nicole's answer, and it sounds like the representative for St. John's will be able to figure out which port our ship will arrive at.

Kathy, I was just looking at a map of the port area. It is a relatively small area considering how much bigger some of the other ports are...so, I won't worry about it anymore. If we decide to go, I'll just reconfim that they will know where the ship comes in.

Also, about the meet and greet on Saturday, I mentioned it to my boys and they were grumbling. They tend to be very shy and quiet around people they don't know... will you be bringing your kids to the meet and greet and are they excited about meeting some of the other people?
Old 06-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #1646
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kathy, I was just looking at a map of the port area. It is a relatively small area considering how much bigger some of the other ports are...so, I won't worry about it anymore. If we decide to go, I'll just reconfim that they will know where the ship comes in.

Also, about the meet and greet on Saturday, I mentioned it to my boys and they were grumbling. They tend to be very shy and quiet around people they don't know... will you be bringing your kids to the meet and greet and are they excited about meeting some of the other people?
Hi there,

My boys will be 10 (almost 11... turns 11 first week of August), and 12 1/2. Yes, we are bringing them to the meet and greet. They are fine with the meet and greet. We just tell them that it's a good way to meet other kids their age before they get into the clubs where there are just tons of kids around. For our oldest, he is a bit shy and introverted (he's social for sure, but likes to be social with just one or two kids, and not into big groups), but he isn't the kind of kid who would just go up to a kid he doesn't know and start talking to them. He usually needs a more outgoing kid to come up to him to initiate talking, or my DH or I will find other parents with a boy his age that looks like the boy is kind of shy and we will introduce our son to the boy to kind of break the ice.

Now, our youngest is *extremely* social and can make friends with just about anyone... we always joke that he could probably go outside in our back yard and make friends with a rock! And, our youngest gravitates more toward older kids... he just enjoys being around older kids more. Our oldest doesn't really care what age of kids he hangs out with, but he just tends to gravitate more toward the quieter kids, too. I think because they can relate to each other.

So, I just tell them that the meet and greet is a great place to just meet other kids and then you will see familiar faces around in the kid's clubs (the Edge... hoping to get my youngest in the edge since he'll be just 2 weeks from turning 11... he REALLLLY wants to be in the edge since he just loves being with the 11 - 13 age group much more).

At most of the meet and greets I've been to, you see the kids who are more social and outgoing hanging out and talking together, and then you see the less outgoing more shy kids just hanging out near their parents. But, all the kids observe and even if they don't socialize with the other kids at the meet and greet, at least they will see faces that are familiar once they get to the kid's clubs (which ever age group their are in).

My youngest son LOOOOOVE playing basketball, by the way. I know there are a few other kids in this cruise meet who are really into basketball. It would be fun to put together some 3-on-3 games on sea days for the boys who enjoy basketball.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #1647
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

shopping day

My boys are in Colombia for 10days so I spent the day engaged in some serious retail therapy. Lots of great things for the cruise. Even got DS a suit for formal night.

Even put some stuff into my packing cubes...will be a surprise even for hubs. When the guys get back I will be able to pack up some of DS's stuff...but he has the convertible pants and packing cubes with him. Doubt he'll need either of those before we go.
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #1648
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

ONE Month from now we will be in Rome!

It has been a crazy couple of months. On this relaxing Father's Day (Happy Father's Day to all the dads!), I am going to sit down and try and finish up my FE.

The FE suitcase is empty and ready to go. All I want to do is label and pack it away so all I have to worry about is packing clothes over the next two weeks.

I can't believe how close this trip finally is!

Now just to keep the suitcase under 50 lbs!

Check out my Med Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3078020

Last edited by Newfoundland Sailor; 06-16-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #1649
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor View Post
ONE Month from now we will be in Rome!

It has been a crazy couple of months. On this relaxing Father's Day (Happy Father's Day to all the dads!), I am going to sit down and try and finish up my FE.

The FE suitcase is empty and ready to go. All I want to label and pack away so all I have to worry about is packing clothes over the next two weeks.

I can't believe how close this trip finally is!

Now just to keep the suitcase under 50 lbs!
I know! Can you all believe we will get ON the ship in less than a month!! Wow!!!! We leave in 2 1/2 weeks. SO much to do, so little time now.

I will miss doing FE's.... we always do the FE exchange, but had to pass for this trip. It will be fun for all of you who are doing it.

Have a great day... and yes, happy father's day to all the dad's, and all who are celebrating their dad's, or the people in their life who are like a dad to them.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #1650
buddwaur
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi there,

My boys will be 10 (almost 11... turns 11 first week of August), and 12 1/2. Yes, we are bringing them to the meet and greet. They are fine with the meet and greet. We just tell them that it's a good way to meet other kids their age before they get into the clubs where there are just tons of kids around. For our oldest, he is a bit shy and introverted (he's social for sure, but likes to be social with just one or two kids, and not into big groups), but he isn't the kind of kid who would just go up to a kid he doesn't know and start talking to them. He usually needs a more outgoing kid to come up to him to initiate talking, or my DH or I will find other parents with a boy his age that looks like the boy is kind of shy and we will introduce our son to the boy to kind of break the ice.

Now, our youngest is *extremely* social and can make friends with just about anyone... we always joke that he could probably go outside in our back yard and make friends with a rock! And, our youngest gravitates more toward older kids... he just enjoys being around older kids more. Our oldest doesn't really care what age of kids he hangs out with, but he just tends to gravitate more toward the quieter kids, too. I think because they can relate to each other.

So, I just tell them that the meet and greet is a great place to just meet other kids and then you will see familiar faces around in the kid's clubs (the Edge... hoping to get my youngest in the edge since he'll be just 2 weeks from turning 11... he REALLLLY wants to be in the edge since he just loves being with the 11 - 13 age group much more).

At most of the meet and greets I've been to, you see the kids who are more social and outgoing hanging out and talking together, and then you see the less outgoing more shy kids just hanging out near their parents. But, all the kids observe and even if they don't socialize with the other kids at the meet and greet, at least they will see faces that are familiar once they get to the kid's clubs (which ever age group their are in).

My youngest son LOOOOOVE playing basketball, by the way. I know there are a few other kids in this cruise meet who are really into basketball. It would be fun to put together some 3-on-3 games on sea days for the boys who enjoy basketball.

My 16 year old turns 17 in Sept and my 14 year old turns 15 in Sept while my youngest will be 12 1/2 at the time of the cruise. We talked about it again during dinner last night and they were much more open to the idea. We told them the same thing, that it is nice to see a familiar face in the crowd! And I personally like hearing about what other people may have done on a certain port day!

Also, my boys LOVE playing basketball too! Sounds like there will be may be plenty of pickup basketball games going on!

I'm sitting down now making my list of different meds that I need to bring for everyone. I just don't want to forget the ones that are only needed occasionally but would be difficult to find; such as asthma meds and eczema lotions, etc! But boy does that list grow fast with five us!

After reading about the different posts on packing cubes, I went ahead and bought some to try them out! Funny, I actually pack/organize that way but would put everyone's clothes/items in ziploc bags and label them. But it was always a big fail because none of the boys would take the time to read the labels!! So now that they all got to pick their own color, I'm hoping for better success! We will be flying to the Greek Islands for two weeks after the cruise so I just feel that it's very important to stay as organized as possible!!

Last edited by buddwaur; 06-16-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: typos!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: