Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #1561
slg
DIS Veteran

I'm not worried about the cruise cancelling, but about the ABD. They have been very remiss in sending me any information and won't commit to it happening. With my cruise docs it states that the ABD portion can be cancelled at any time for any reason and then they will reimburse us. Well if they cancel a week or two out they will give us the money, but I will be in Paris and I have nothing planned!

Just got an email from my TA:

"There are 5 Guests requesting connecting rooms for their Adventures By Disney Barcelona Escape Package. The hotel informed us they can only accommodate connecting rooms for a total of 4 people because each room only has 1 bed. We will try to get them rooms next to each other but they will not be connecting.

I hope this information has been helpful. "

Not sure what is helpful about this email. I feel really depressed. This ABD has cost our family of 5 about $10,000 and we won't even have connecting rooms and who knows if they'll even be close to each other. As of this moment, I wish I had just done Barcelona on my own.

Grrr.
DCL MAGIC NY to Bahamas July 20-28,2012
DCL DREAM Cruise Dec. 18-22, 2011
WDW. POR Dec. 2011
DCL WONDER Alaska Cruise July 12-19, 2011
DCL MAGIC Baltic Cruise July 6-18, 2010
ABD Ireland July 22, 2009
DCL MAGIC Mexican Riviera June 1-8 2008
DCL MAGIC Eastern April 28-May 5, 2007
WDW-POR April 2007
DCL MAGIC Western May 6-13, 2006
WDW-POR Apr 2006
WDW-All Star Movies 1999
DL-1989,1990,1994,1997,2004,2007,2008,2009,2011,2013
slg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #1562
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlaurafsu View Post
Link to June 15th Greece Cruise Thread....

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867052
I was looking for the current June 1st cruise.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #1563
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysiusP View Post
DUH! It has just dawned on me that i will need foreign currency (euros & lira, is all, I think).
Anyone know best method for exchange rate? Rates at banks appear steep.
Will my ATM card work?

Perhaps I shouldn't be let out without adult supervision!
So looking forward to this...
You will always get the best rate using your ATM card at a bank abroad. Just be sure that you contact the back before you leave and let them know the dates and places of your travel.

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #1564
bellelinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post
I actually looked for one last night but could not find one. Is there a link?
I've looked a few times and haven't been able to find a trip report or blog for the first Med cruise.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #1565
bellelinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slg View Post
I'm not worried about the cruise cancelling, but about the ABD. They have been very remiss in sending me any information and won't commit to it happening. With my cruise docs it states that the ABD portion can be cancelled at any time for any reason and then they will reimburse us. Well if they cancel a week or two out they will give us the money, but I will be in Paris and I have nothing planned!

"There are 5 Guests requesting connecting rooms for their Adventures By Disney Barcelona Escape Package. The hotel informed us they can only accommodate connecting rooms for a total of 4 people because each room only has 1 bed. We will try to get them rooms next to each other but they will not be connecting.

Not sure what is helpful about this email. I feel really depressed. This ABD has cost our family of 5 about $10,000 and we won't even have connecting rooms and who knows if they'll even be close to each other. As of this moment, I wish I had just done Barcelona on my own.

Grrr.
I have to say, this would upset me a lot, too - that's a lot of money to spend and not be able to have connecting rooms - or even be certain that it wouldn't get canceled altogether! I hope it works out for you.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #1566
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Grrr.
Oh, I see. You were talking about ABD & not the cruise.

I am sorry about this situation! I would be upset, too! Did they tell you back when you booked you would have connecting rooms? If they did and now they are saying you may not is a little "bait & switch-ish". Given this is ABD, you would think they would expect a majority will want connecting because it's a family thing, so they should use a hotel w/ lots of connecting rooms, or family rooms.

Well, hopefully your family will get the connecting room. I would be the "squeaky wheel" and bug them about giving you the connecting room.

I hope other than the room situation, your ABD experience is beyond amazing!!

I also would call them and just plain ask, "what are the chances this ABD would get cancelled?". If they say no chance, then that might put you at ease. If they say high chance, I'd be keeping the backup hotel room!

Take care! Hopefully you can get some better answers!
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #1567
DionysiusP
Earning My Ears

Cruise Docs! Yippee!
DionysiusP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #1568
slg
DIS Veteran

It's a chore to talk to anyone. Luckily my TA is handling this...she is wonderful. Thank you Kelsie from DU. I checked on the hotel's website and they have family rooms that connect for 4, but they also have suites for up to 6 and on the website they are the same price. The email they sent is poorly worded...I think they mean that they can only connect families of 4, and families of 5 have to be near by. Considering the hotel does have large suites, and that we were the first to book and that we are paying a fortune, I can't see why they can't book us into that one.

When I booked, they didn't promise connecting, but I assumed they were possible since I looked at the website. I wish they had said, NO, you can't connect.

And the fact that they won't commit even at this late date, and that I haven't received any paperwork.

When you call DCL, they say talk to ABD, when you call ABD, they say talk to DCL. ???? ABD promises that they won't cancel past 70 days out, but because it's a DCL/ABD they won't promise anything except they'll refund you if they have to cancel.

Unless they organize themselves better for the future, I wouldn't recommend this for anyone. It has been a stress and continues to be. This was supposed to be a treat for my 50th, and last year I found out I am BRCA1+ and I was so down I wanted to splurge. Now I wish I had just booked everything on my own like I did in Paris.

Sigh. We'll see what they come up with. My Ireland ABD was beyond wonderful.
WDW. POR Dec. 2011
WDW-POR April 2007
WDW-POR Apr 2006
WDW-All Star Movies 1999
Old 06-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #1569
bellelinus

Quote:
It's a chore to talk to anyone. Luckily my TA is handling this...she is wonderful. Thank you Kelsie from DU. I checked on the hotel's website and they have family rooms that connect for 4, but they also have suites for up to 6 and on the website they are the same price. The email they sent is poorly worded...I think they mean that they can only connect families of 4, and families of 5 have to be near by. Considering the hotel does have large suites, and that we were the first to book and that we are paying a fortune, I can't see why they can't book us into that one.

When I booked, they didn't promise connecting, but I assumed they were possible since I looked at the website. I wish they had said, NO, you can't connect.

And the fact that they won't commit even at this late date, and that I haven't received any paperwork.

When you call DCL, they say talk to ABD, when you call ABD, they say talk to DCL. ???? ABD promises that they won't cancel past 70 days out, but because it's a DCL/ABD they won't promise anything except they'll refund you if they have to cancel.

Unless they organize themselves better for the future, I wouldn't recommend this for anyone. It has been a stress and continues to be. This was supposed to be a treat for my 50th, and last year I found out I am BRCA1+ and I was so down I wanted to splurge. Now I wish I had just booked everything on my own like I did in Paris.

Sigh. We'll see what they come up with. My Ireland ABD was beyond wonderful.
So sorry to hear about BRCA1+ . . . hopefully everything about this trip will be completely magical for you!

Old 06-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #1570
bellelinus

OK, FINALLY . . . docs for me today! Hopefully everyone will have received them by today!!!!

Does anyone else have someone in their group aged 18-20 and have the page in their docs you can sign to let them have an alcoholic drink since the drinking age in Europe is 18?

Old 06-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #1571
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Got ours today too! Feels so close when you get that little booklet!!

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #1572
tajz90
Mama D

No docs

I did order my Euro though.

Waiting....
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #1573
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelinus View Post
OK, FINALLY . . . docs for me today! Hopefully everyone will have received them by today!!!!

Does anyone else have someone in their group aged 18-20 and have the page in their docs you can sign to let them have an alcoholic drink since the drinking age in Europe is 18?
Is there a page or are you asking if there is one? I have a 20 yr old.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #1574
slg
DIS Veteran

can't decide how many euros to buy

Found out a strange rule today. That public pools in France require men to wear speedos...swim shorts are not allowed.

Not sure how that's going to go over with my kids. We picked the Explorer's Hotel specifically for the pool...hmmm.
WDW. POR Dec. 2011
WDW-POR April 2007
WDW-POR Apr 2006
WDW-All Star Movies 1999
Old 06-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #1575
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
can't decide how many euros to buy
I only purchased enough for the 2 Spain days before cruise. I'll change money on ship if we need more. 180 euro is all I'm taking with me. We generally use cc when traveling.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: