Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #1516
ky71
Mouseketeer

Our group has booked a DCL minivan for 8hrs in Turkey - I pay the $$$ to DCL so I guess it's a Disney port excursion even though they are not choosing where we tour around...

We are leaving in less than 30 days - OMGosh!
TDL-2010, June 2012
HKDL-2010, Oct 2012
DCL-2013

Upcoming trips

DD dancing at DLR in July 2014

WDW & cruise in Sept 2015

Shanghai DL 2016
ky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #1517
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellelinus View Post
Just confirm with them that if the ship doesn't dock, you don't get charged and you are reimbursed any deposit money. It will probably be fine.
I agree.
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #1518
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

We're doing Disney. I was wondering about the reroute also. Any guesses as to where they may reroute to?

I'm trying to get our seats for Delta. But since I don't have the reservation number for the airline, I can't access it online. Under the reservation on the DCL site, it only gives the flight numbers & times. I emailed DCL to try to get the Delta ticket reservation numbers. I get a email back today giving me a basic generic check your info on the website & go brought the airline for seat assignments blah blah blah.....not helpful at all! So now I have to try to find time during the week to call the DCL airline desk for help. Of course this is a crazy time of year with kids finishing up school projects, end of year recitals, play rehearsals, field days, I have about 6 meetings etc.

If we can't get seats together, I feel really bad for whoever has to sit next to my DD! She's a talker! Even on the redeye flights LOL. When we flew from JFK to London for the Baltic, it was a redeye and we thought she would sleep. Nope, she literally talked the entire flight! Drove us all insane! We had to take turns sitting next to her. Thankfully there were 4 adults. Even the flight attendants couldn't believe she was still going. And it was the same way back home. We're already fighting over who will sit next to her this time

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #1519
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
We're doing Disney. I was wondering about the reroute also. Any guesses as to where they may reroute to?

I'm trying to get our seats for Delta. But since I don't have the reservation number for the airline, I can't access it online. Under the reservation on the DCL site, it only gives the flight numbers & times. I emailed DCL to try to get the Delta ticket reservation numbers. I get a email back today giving me a basic generic check your info on the website & go brought the airline for seat assignments blah blah blah.....not helpful at all! So now I have to try to find time during the week to call the DCL airline desk for help. Of course this is a crazy time of year with kids finishing up school projects, end of year recitals, play rehearsals, field days, I have about 6 meetings etc.

If we can't get seats together, I feel really bad for whoever has to sit next to my DD! She's a talker! Even on the redeye flights LOL. When we flew from JFK to London for the Baltic, it was a redeye and we thought she would sleep. Nope, she literally talked the entire flight! Drove us all insane! We had to take turns sitting next to her. Thankfully there were 4 adults. Even the flight attendants couldn't believe she was still going. And it was the same way back home. We're already fighting over who will sit next to her this time
I wonder if you just call Delta and talk to a customer service rep, if they can find your reservation just by your last names, flight numbers and dates? Seems like they should be able to pull up your reservation just by that info. That might be your best bet in trying to get seats together.

How old is your daughter? Is she old enough to sit by herself?

Worst case, if you do end up not all sitting together, I have found that sometimes if you ask another passenger to change seats so you can sit with who you are split up with, they will do that (as long as you aren't asking them to move to a less desirable seat, or you aren't asking them to split from their travel party).

Hopefully it'll all work out!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #1520
buddwaur
Earning My Ears

We are also doing a private tour in Kusadasi. At this point, I'm not going to worry about it until it gets closer to our cruise date!
buddwaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #1521
FloridaMom3461
Disney Veterans

Cruise Docs

Received our cruise documents, luggage tags, etc in the mail yesterday - reality sets in! Yay!
FloridaMom3461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #1522
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMom3461 View Post
Received our cruise documents, luggage tags, etc in the mail yesterday - reality sets in! Yay!
Oh, how exciting!!! I'm glad they are getting sent out now... we leave on July 2, and I was worried ours might come after we leave. I can't wait to get ours!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #1523
DisneyManFamily4
Mouseketeer

Disney for us too!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #1524
DionysiusP
Earning My Ears

Cruise documents a month early! Fantastic! That will go a long way to keep anxieties low. I am such a worry. Plan, plan plan!
DionysiusP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #1525
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

We are also doing Disney excursions. Takes away the stress involved with doing it on our own. We always find Disney excursions are well worth it for us. The guides are usually very knowledgeable and we don't have to worry about being late to board the ship!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #1526
Eleblanc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysiusP View Post
LOL! Glad to hear that I am not alone!!! Fortunately, all else is very comfortable attire...
You are not alone! The pirate gear, heels and formal attire are all coming with us. Don't get many chances to wear them otherwise and they make those evenings special on the cruise. Also, I want the pictures!
Eleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #1527
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleblanc View Post
You are not alone! The pirate gear, heels and formal attire are all coming with us. Don't get many chances to wear them otherwise and they make those evenings special on the cruise. Also, I want the pictures!
I hear you. In fact, DH just rented a tux for the cruise through Cruiseline Formalwear. He'll wear the tux formal night and bring a shirt and tie for semi-formal night. It beats bringing a jacket and dress shoes in our luggage.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #1528
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best

I was hoping to get cruise docs today since some already have . . . none for me yet, though. Do most people have them today?

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #1529
Stimpy
Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says so, so it must be true!

No cruise docs here yet but glad to see they are starting to come!

Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #1530
bellelinus
You have liberally applied fluff as filler as well
Let's not forget to feed our hearts and minds as well
I wish you -- and your yellow underwear -- the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
No cruise docs here yet but glad to see they are starting to come!
Good, I'm not the only one! I am ridiculously excited about the prospect of getting the official cruise docs.

bellelinus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: