Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #181
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

We are bringing one bag each. no way could we only bring one bag total

I have shoe issues. It is going to kill me to not bring a suitcase full of shoes!!

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #182
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
We pack our clothes in the carry ons. I'm sure it's harder with little ones, but my family is older and we've already cruise the med in 07 with no clothes because the airline lost the luggage. Now we carry them on and leave what won't fit. We just make do

And I agree, I'd have to do something diff if I had little ones
Funny, that happened to us on the '07 Med too. I had 2 bags then, it was just me and my older 2 kids because my husband had to work, and my mom (who had her own bags). The bag that was lost was the one with 95% of my stuff and all of my son's stuff. They actually lost it between the cruise and Paris (we did a week there post-cruise), and also broke the luggage holding my daughter's stuff, rendering it useless if we opened it. So we had to buy all new stuff for me, an 11 month old (which was actually more challenging than you would think!), and 2 new luggages, one to hold the new stuff, one to replace the broken one. Oh, and my mom had jewelry she bought in Italy on the cruise (that glass stuff) and she, very stupidly, packed it in her checked luggage. Yes, that was stolen along with some of her clothes. And they never found the bag they lost, which was so depressing at it was my son's entire summer wardrobe with super cute Gymboree and Baby Gap stuff than matched his sister. Bad, bad trip! We're hoping for better luck this time around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
We are bringing one bag each. no way could we only bring one bag total

I have shoe issues. It is going to kill me to not bring a suitcase full of shoes!!
Now that I totally get. When I heard one bag and no space for the FE I figured you meant one bag total, crammed with everyone's stuff. And I was amazed.
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #183
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
Funny, that happened to us on the '07 Med too. I had 2 bags then, it was just me and my older 2 kids because my husband had to work, and my mom (who had her own bags). The bag that was lost was the one with 95% of my stuff and all of my son's stuff. They actually lost it between the cruise and Paris (we did a week there post-cruise), and also broke the luggage holding my daughter's stuff, rendering it useless if we opened it. So we had to buy all new stuff for me, an 11 month old (which was actually more challenging than you would think!), and 2 new luggages, one to hold the new stuff, one to replace the broken one. Oh, and my mom had jewelry she bought in Italy on the cruise (that glass stuff) and she, very stupidly, packed it in her checked luggage. Yes, that was stolen along with some of her clothes. And they never found the bag they lost, which was so depressing at it was my son's entire summer wardrobe with super cute Gymboree and Baby Gap stuff than matched his sister. Bad, bad trip! We're hoping for better luck this time around!

Now that I totally get. When I heard one bag and no space for the FE I figured you meant one bag total, crammed with everyone's stuff. And I was amazed.
You have officially freaked me out!! Lost luggage would kill me!! I am not a good packer. I almost always over pack!! This 1 suitcase plan in going to be HARD!

Disney Wonder 2006

Old 01-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #184
justhat
DC DISer

Quote:
You have officially freaked me out!! Lost luggage would kill me!! I am not a good packer. I almost always over pack!! This 1 suitcase plan in going to be HARD!
I am hoping that was a fluke incident, and it was inter-Europe travel, which was slightly different in terms of check-in and stuff. We flew from Barcelona to Paris (the tiny Paris airport) on Iberia.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #185
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am hoping that was a fluke incident, and it was inter-Europe travel, which was slightly different in terms of check-in and stuff. We flew from Barcelona to Paris (the tiny Paris airport) on Iberia.
We are flying Barcelona to Lisbon. Portugal is a long time dream of mine. Combining Portugal and a Disney cruise is the best vacation ever!

Disney Wonder 2006

Old 01-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #186
justhat
DC DISer

Not sure if this was previously posted or not, but thought I'd share it in case it wasn't. I asked the concierge team for the special nights and this is the list I got back.

June 8th- Casual
June 9th- Formal Night
June 10th- Casual
June 11th- Casual
June 12th- Casual
June 13th- Pirate Night
June 14th- Casual
Old 01-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #187
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not sure if this was previously posted or not, but thought I'd share it in case it wasn't. I asked the concierge team for the special nights and this is the list I got back.

June 8th- Casual
June 9th- Formal Night
June 10th- Casual
June 11th- Casual
June 12th- Casual
June 13th- Pirate Night
June 14th- Casual
Thanks!! Now to figure out what night to do Palo

Disney Wonder 2006

Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #188
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Palo Brunch

So I decided on dinner. June 12th our Rome day is my birthday. Seems like the best night to do Palo!

Which sea day would you do brunch? The first day or the last day?

Disney Wonder 2006

Old 01-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #189
justhat
DC DISer

Quote:
So I decided on dinner. June 12th our Rome day is my birthday. Seems like the best night to do Palo!

Which sea day would you do brunch? The first day or the last day?
Hmm, I've been wondering that too and thinking maybe the 1st day just cause I won't be exhausted yet! The last day would be good though too, nice way to finish things off. I don't think you can go wrong with either!

I haven't picked a dinner night yet. Thinking about La Spezia day if we break it up and do just Florence that day (and Pisa on the next cruise), but I haven't figured that part out yet, so....

And happy June birthday! Mine is the 1st and my anniversary is the 5th, the day we fly out.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #190
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hmm, I've been wondering that too and thinking maybe the 1st day just cause I won't be exhausted yet! The last day would be good though too, nice way to finish things off. I don't think you can go wrong with either!

I haven't picked a dinner night yet. Thinking about La Spezia day if we break it up and do just Florence that day (and Pisa on the next cruise), but I haven't figured that part out yet, so....

And happy June birthday! Mine is the 1st and my anniversary is the 5th, the day we fly out.
June birthdays are the best! I was asking DH the same thing last night about La Spezia. We have decided to just do Florence as well. I think I was overshooting to do both.

Disney Wonder 2006

Old 01-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #191
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

Quote:

June 8th- Casual
June 9th- Formal Night
June 10th- Casual
June 11th- Casual
June 12th- Casual
June 13th- Pirate Night
June 14th- Casual
I didn't even think about Pirate Night! Since we will get off in Naples, we will miss it! Maybe need to rethink? But we typically don't dress or anything. But the fireworks??? Hummmmm...
And we may try and do Palo on the Rome day and we still have to debate if we will do the brunch or not.

And a tip I read somewhere is to pack your bags with a little bit of each person's stuff in each bag. That way if they lose one you aren't stuck. Not sure this will work but it sounds good in theory!

Another day closer!!!!
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #192
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR

And a tip I read somewhere is to pack your bags with a little bit of each person's stuff in each bag. That way if they lose one you aren't stuck. Not sure this will work but it sounds good in theory!

Another day closer!!!!
Best tip ever and true. We lost all our luggage in 07 and while it slowly trickled in, only certain members got their cloths because we didn't do this

Now we only bring what will fit in a carry on and pack an extra bag filled with stuff we don't mind NOT having.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #193
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

I agree in spreading it across all three suitcases.

I am definitely doing Palo brunch. I have read & seen so many pictures there is no way I would miss it!

Disney Wonder 2006

Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #194
justhat
DC DISer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
I didn't even think about Pirate Night! Since we will get off in Naples, we will miss it! Maybe need to rethink? But we typically don't dress or anything. But the fireworks??? Hummmmm...
And we may try and do Palo on the Rome day and we still have to debate if we will do the brunch or not.

Another day closer!!!!
Quote:
I agree in spreading it across all three suitcases.

I am definitely doing Palo brunch. I have read & seen so many pictures there is no way I would miss it!

That is what we do now, after the disaster in '07. It drives the organizer in me absolutely crazy, but I have found a way to make it work, but packing by the day now, not the person.

I love Palo brunch! Definitely a must do for us.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #195
MrsKP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That is what we do now, after the disaster in '07. It drives the organizer in me absolutely crazy, but I have found a way to make it work, but packing by the day now, not the person.

I love Palo brunch! Definitely a must do for us.
What is the best item at brunch?

Disney Wonder 2006

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: