Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #166
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
How many boys are in our group? My DS will be 13 about to be 14 in 2 weeks when we sail.

I was thinking we could do a mini DIS Meet to introduce them to each other. Thoughts?
My DS will be 15
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #167
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
My DS will be 15
What do you think about a mini DIS meet for them?
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #168
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
What do you think about a mini DIS meet for them?
I think it's a great idea.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #169
SparklesofHope
Earning My Ears
 
SparklesofHope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Posts: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiesgirl4ever View Post
Thank you for the warm welcomes I have not so it should be a really fun experience! I've done Alaska Mexico and Bahamas with Disney
Also not sure if you guys are discussing this on ere or not but what port adventures are you guys doing and what do you recommend doing for someone who had never been to Italy and France? also anyone know if there are any activities in Barcelona?
This is our very first Disney cruise and our first time to Italy and Spain, so I'm not exactly qualified to recommend any tours or excursions. However, we booked Rome in Limo tours for Rome and Naples. We plan to tour Villefranche and La Spezia (Cinque Terre) on our own using Rick Steve's books and the info on these boards.

As for Barcelona, we are planning to stay a few extra nights after the cruise so we will be doing a Half-Day tour with Barcelona Day Tours on the day the cruise ends, June 15th. We figure this would be a nice overview of Barcelona before we settle in to our hotel.

If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know. You can also visit:
http://www.BarcelonaDayTours.com

We also plan to take the Hop On Hop Off Bus and visit Camp Nou at FC Barcelona--DH and the kids are really looking forward to that!

Have fun planning!
__________________
Me DH DS (12) DS (10) Kona

WDW 1984; Christmas 2010 Hilton Bonnet Creek
Disneyland, CA--Too many to count!
1st DCL cruise--Magic in the Med 6/2013
SparklesofHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #170
SparklesofHope
Earning My Ears
 
SparklesofHope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Posts: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
How many boys are in our group? My DS will be 13 about to be 14 in 2 weeks when we sail.

I was thinking we could do a mini DIS Meet to introduce them to each other. Thoughts?
We have 2 boys, but they're a bit younger, 10 & 11 when we sail. They'll be in the Oceaneer Club/Lab.
__________________
Me DH DS (12) DS (10) Kona

WDW 1984; Christmas 2010 Hilton Bonnet Creek
Disneyland, CA--Too many to count!
1st DCL cruise--Magic in the Med 6/2013
SparklesofHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #171
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesofHope View Post
We have 2 boys, but they're a bit younger, 10 & 11 when we sail. They'll be in the Oceaneer Club/Lab.
I think we have a lot of boys in our group. If we had a meet, we could break them up into groups based on age.

Because of DS age, I think he could opt for Edge or Vibe. Guess he will have to check it out and decide.
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #172
SparklesofHope
Earning My Ears
 
SparklesofHope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Posts: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
I think we have a lot of boys in our group. If we had a meet, we could break them up into groups based on age.
That sounds like a great idea!

Has anyone started a Fish Extenders group for this cruise? I know it might be a little early and I don't really know how all of that works, since this is our first Disney cruise.

Thanks!
__________________
Me DH DS (12) DS (10) Kona

WDW 1984; Christmas 2010 Hilton Bonnet Creek
Disneyland, CA--Too many to count!
1st DCL cruise--Magic in the Med 6/2013
SparklesofHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #173
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesofHope View Post
That sounds like a great idea!

Has anyone started a Fish Extenders group for this cruise? I know it might be a little early and I don't really know how all of that works, since this is our first Disney cruise.

Thanks!
Someone on the FB page started a conversation about it. I have never done it and since I am only bringing one suitcase, I don't think we will participate.

HTH!
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #174
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes
 
justhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 7,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
Someone on the FB page started a conversation about it. I have never done it and since I am only bringing one suitcase, I don't think we will participate.

HTH!
One!? How can you do that? I'll probably end up with 4! (Granted, we are doing the cruise after this one too, but still!)
__________________
justhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #175
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
One!? How can you do that? I'll probably end up with 4! (Granted, we are doing the cruise after this one too, but still!)
Our family will only have 1 suitcase each also. I do NOT want to be dragging multiple bags through the airport
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #176
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,152

We are one suitcase people too and they are carry on suitcases . We will bring one extra for our family of 4 for the belly of the plane with non essential clothing items like dress up clothes for formal night
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #177
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted
 
SueTGGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern CA-Gilroy
Posts: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKP View Post
How many boys are in our group? My DS will be 13 about to be 14 in 2 weeks when we sail.

I was thinking we could do a mini DIS Meet to introduce them to each other. Thoughts?
Our son will be 13 on the cruise. He is not very social unless someone gets him talking about minecraft, skylanders well any video games really or his dogs. He has been on 5 cruises with Disney and might try out the teen area since he will be old enough then. Let me know what is decided and I will get him there!
Sue
__________________
Thank you Aulani for the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!
Best Summer, yet! Magic in the Med and then Italy for 2 more weeks!
Quick road trips to DLR will have to be it for awhile as Italy broke us!
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #178
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes
 
justhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 7,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
Our family will only have 1 suitcase each also. I do NOT want to be dragging multiple bags through the airport
Wait, one each, or one total? We'll have, likely, less than one each as we have 5 people and i anticipate 4 bags. Would be less if we weren't doing the 12 night after this, so probably 3 bags total in that case.

But I thought it meant one total bag, which was why I was in shock.

Quote:
We are one suitcase people too and they are carry on suitcases . We will bring one extra for our family of 4 for the belly of the plane with non essential clothing items like dress up clothes for formal night
See, now carry ons I don't too. Too many smallish kids to deal with, so I am super strict with carry ons. Each kid can bring one tiny backpack with a couple of activities and that is it. I bring a larger backpack to hold a few snacks and the ipads/ipods, my husband's laptop, and that is pretty much it. Takes us forever to go through the airport, security, etc., so I minimize what is in our hands.
__________________
justhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #179
tajz90
Mama D
 
tajz90's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat

Wait, one each, or one total? We'll have, likely, less than one each as we have 5 people and i anticipate 4 bags. Would be less if we weren't doing the 12 night after this, so probably 3 bags total in that case.

But I thought it meant one total bag, which was why I was in shock.

See, now carry ons I don't too. Too many smallish kids to deal with, so I am super strict with carry ons. Each kid can bring one tiny backpack with a couple of activities and that is it. I bring a larger backpack to hold a few snacks and the ipads/ipods, my husband's laptop, and that is pretty much it. Takes us forever to go through the airport, security, etc., so I minimize what is in our hands.
We pack our clothes in the carry ons. I'm sure it's harder with little ones, but my family is older and we've already cruise the med in 07 with no clothes because the airline lost the luggage. Now we carry them on and leave what won't fit. We just make do

And I agree, I'd have to do something diff if I had little ones
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #180
MrsKP
Mouseketeer
 
MrsKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
Our son will be 13 on the cruise. He is not very social unless someone gets him talking about minecraft, skylanders well any video games really or his dogs. He has been on 5 cruises with Disney and might try out the teen area since he will be old enough then. Let me know what is decided and I will get him there!
Sue
Sounds good! DS is similar so I think they will do fine!
__________________
Kerry

DH-Kevin Kerry DS-Jared (14) DD-Ellison (3)

Disney Wonder 2006
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2013

MrsKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.