Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
we are going on this cruise! we are so excited it our first cruise on a new ship. It will be our 5th Disney cruise. It will be myself and DH and DD who will be 16 and possibly our oldest DD who will be 20..if not her that youngest will bring a friend

nothing specifically celebrating, if our oldest comes along it will be close but not fall on her 21st birthday

This is our first Eastern itinerary too, my youngest is really looking forward to beautiful beaches and we are all looking forward to a day on Castaway Cay!
to the party. I think turning 21 is a wonderful thing to celebrate. Even if it is not the exact date.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #17
mrebuck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarker View Post
You saved your info. It is there.

Just a FYI - the spreadsheet saves automatically.

I am so glad I figured out how to share spreadsheets. Now, everyone can add their own info.
Awesome. Thanks!
mrebuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #18
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Cruise Meet?

When and Where do we want to have our Cruise Meet?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #19
Diane71969
CRUSIN ALONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarker View Post
When and Where do we want to have our Cruise Meet?
I would say after the life vest / boat drill that way hopefully the kids can get off to a good start making friends and having new friends to hang out with that night. Just a thought.

Diane71969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #20
dbarker
Mouseketeer

I think the Castaway Party is immediately after the Muster Drill.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #21
daisyqueen
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! We'll be going on this cruise as well! This will be our second cruise, as we went on the Disney Dream last summer. My husband, our daughter (17), and I will be going. We are definitely interested in the fish extender!
daisyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
Diane71969
CRUSIN ALONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyqueen View Post
Hi everyone! We'll be going on this cruise as well! This will be our second cruise, as we went on the Disney Dream last summer. My husband, our daughter (17), and I will be going. We are definitely interested in the fish extender!
Yeah - welcome aboard! I will be sailing with my DS (18) celebrating his High School Graduation!

Old 06-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #23
daisyqueen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane71969 View Post
Yeah - welcome aboard! I will be sailing with my DS (18) celebrating his High School Graduation!

Thanks! The cruise will be a great way to celebrate your son's graduation! We wanted to book another cruise, because we enjoyed the first one so much.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
Diane71969
CRUSIN ALONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyqueen View Post
Thanks! The cruise will be a great way to celebrate your son's graduation! We wanted to book another cruise, because we enjoyed the first one so much.
This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, we have been on the Wonder, Magic and booked on the Fantasy .

I am so excited.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #25
daisyqueen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane71969 View Post
This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, we have been on the Wonder, Magic and booked on the Fantasy .

I am so excited.
We are excited, too! We have enjoyed going to the Disney parks over the last few years, but ever since we went on the Dream, we've been wanting to book another cruise.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #26
LoriLuvsDisney
Mouseketeer

We are on now! I have had dummy dates saved since we got off the Dream last summer. We were hoping to do the Mediterranean but its a bit too expensive. So we we will do the cruise and use some DVC points to stay before or after. In cabin 7632. It's me will be 52 my dh 52, my DD 17 and my DS 16. It will be their last time in Vibe - they had a blast last time! Never saw them except for dinner and when we went on excursions in Nassau. We've been on the Magic in 2007 to these same ports, again in 2009but to Tortola instead of St. Marteen, a 2010 2 day on the Wonder out of LA and last year on the Dream double dipping at castaway cay. I know its over a year and a month away, but I've started my vacation countdown on my office computer!
Looking forward to meeting everyone on this thread.
DCL-Magic 10/27/2007 (with Hurricane Noel) celebrating 25th Wedding Anniversary, 7/09 - Tortola Mutiny on the Magic w/ VB, 1/11 cruise to nowhere on the Wonder, 7/11 Bahamas on the Dream. 7/13 EC on Fantasy!
LoriLuvsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #27
Diane71969
CRUSIN ALONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriLuvsDisney View Post
We are on now! I have had dummy dates saved since we got off the Dream last summer. We were hoping to do the Mediterranean but its a bit too expensive. So we we will do the cruise and use some DVC points to stay before or after. In cabin 7632. It's me will be 52 my dh 52, my DD 17 and my DS 16. It will be their last time in Vibe - they had a blast last time! Never saw them except for dinner and when we went on excursions in Nassau. We've been on the Magic in 2007 to these same ports, again in 2009but to Tortola instead of St. Marteen, a 2010 2 day on the Wonder out of LA and last year on the Dream double dipping at castaway cay. I know its over a year and a month away, but I've started my vacation countdown on my office computer!
Looking forward to meeting everyone on this thread.
Welcome Aboard! I will be on board with my DS (18) celebrating his High School Graduation! Looking so forward to it. My Sister, her husband, and their kids DD 12 and DS 8 will be joining us as well. My son is kinda bummer that he will be 18 in April and we will be on board in July and he cant go to the vibe...I'm hoping he will meet others around his age to hang out with.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #28
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Deborah -- for starting this thread! i haven't been checking recently as it seems so far away i kinda tried to put it out of mind but we are getting close to a one year countdown....so let it begin

I added my info to the spreadsheet. i'm undecided on the FE...sorry can i be indecisive for a while? if it's mainly families with younger kids we will probably skip it; but i may be ambitious. i have never participated in one. the first 3 cruises we took was prior to FE

daisyqueen/Kimberly - we'll have daughters close in age

i'm trying to use 'real' names as i really struggle with names!!

we still haven't told our oldest daughter about the cruise, more indecisiveness as we aren't sure if she'll be coming...that sounds terrible and it's really not but she will think so if we don't invite her! it's likely that she'll be coming though....

Diane/Lisa -- we are on deck 2 as well! i can't remember our stateroom off top of my head. it's closer to the restaraunt than i'd hoped but availability was slim pickins' when we booked. has anyone stayed on deck 2 before, what's it like with the restaraunt on the same deck? we like deck 2 on the Magic/Wonder

my co-worker is first-time cruising on the Dream in Sept and we've been talking about it. really getting me excited! i loaned her my passporter book so i can't obsess with it yet. i feel like i need to learn a new ship....

we booked a dummy cruise on Med last summer and moved up to this date. looking forward to being on the new ship, but i've said that already!!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #29
Diane71969
CRUSIN ALONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Deborah -- for starting this thread! i haven't been checking recently as it seems so far away i kinda tried to put it out of mind but we are getting close to a one year countdown....so let it begin

I added my info to the spreadsheet. i'm undecided on the FE...sorry can i be indecisive for a while? if it's mainly families with younger kids we will probably skip it; but i may be ambitious. i have never participated in one. the first 3 cruises we took was prior to FE

daisyqueen/Kimberly - we'll have daughters close in age

i'm trying to use 'real' names as i really struggle with names!!

we still haven't told our oldest daughter about the cruise, more indecisiveness as we aren't sure if she'll be coming...that sounds terrible and it's really not but she will think so if we don't invite her! it's likely that she'll be coming though....

Diane/Lisa -- we are on deck 2 as well! i can't remember our stateroom off top of my head. it's closer to the restaraunt than i'd hoped but availability was slim pickins' when we booked. has anyone stayed on deck 2 before, what's it like with the restaraunt on the same deck? we like deck 2 on the Magic/Wonder

my co-worker is first-time cruising on the Dream in Sept and we've been talking about it. really getting me excited! i loaned her my passporter book so i can't obsess with it yet. i feel like i need to learn a new ship....

we booked a dummy cruise on Med last summer and moved up to this date. looking forward to being on the new ship, but i've said that already!!
Welcome Aboard! We are so excitied and cant wait. It can not come soon enough but then again it will be over then too. I love the Disney Ships. We have been on the Wonder and Magic, my son wanted to go on the Fantasy for his High School Graduation so thats what we are doing My sister, her husband and their 2 kids are coming along too.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #30
dbarker
Mouseketeer

Welcome to all the new people who have joined our group.

I have been super busy lately. I finally got a job.

I will check in periodically and keep the spreadsheet updated. I have started sorting it by room number. So, if you don't find your name where you left it, look by room number. I think this way will be easier for everyone in the end.

Also, I have started a ship floor plan map with the room numbers on it. I will post this at the very end.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. But please be patient with me. I don't check in very often. If it is urgent, send a PM. (I think I get email notices on PMs).

I think I need to bake a cake or something for our 1 year mark. Since I just started a new job, there is no vacation for this summer. So, we need something. I think a cruise party is in order.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: