Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #976
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Oh Mel, I didn't want to bring up that unfortunate flight situation you have to endure to come to WDW. I have some familiarity - we have a 22 hour drive to get there. Can't find flights cheaper than the drive. Gotta save money somewhere. I do love to drive. If I could I would drive to Barcelona. But, there is too much water in the way.

My concentration at work is beginning to really suffer from daydreaming about this cruise. Today, mostly how many courses and choices for dinner. I reviewed many of the food pictures. sigh.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #977
Cptjackandcrew
Mouseketeer

A Packing Tip

I think I'm living vicariously through your thread as our cruise was so amazing and I'm wishing we could be back on board.
On that note, I have another recommendation:
I had everyone pack their outfits in ziplock bags, the ones with the slider. We pushed all the excess air out and then wrote what day we were going to wear it. It was easy for DD's and I as we have enough clothes for two weeks and our outfits are smaller and needed minimal ironing. DH used the 2 gallon size vs our 1 gallon. At the end of the day items not needed again were put back in the bag with air pressed out and put under the desk drawer until it was time to get off the ship. We had a cat 9 so I'm not sure what your room layout will be, but you get the idea. We've always had bags of laundry and this eliminated all of that. The items we needed again went into the two pop up hampers that I had brought along. I also brought a bag of those laundry detergent tablets.
Have fun everyone.
Cptjackandcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #978
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjackandcrew View Post
I think I'm living vicariously through your thread as our cruise was so amazing and I'm wishing we could be back on board.
On that note, I have another recommendation:
I had everyone pack their outfits in ziplock bags, the ones with the slider. We pushed all the excess air out and then wrote what day we were going to wear it. It was easy for DD's and I as we have enough clothes for two weeks and our outfits are smaller and needed minimal ironing. DH used the 2 gallon size vs our 1 gallon. At the end of the day items not needed again were put back in the bag with air pressed out and put under the desk drawer until it was time to get off the ship. We had a cat 9 so I'm not sure what your room layout will be, but you get the idea. We've always had bags of laundry and this eliminated all of that. The items we needed again went into the two pop up hampers that I had brought along. I also brought a bag of those laundry detergent tablets.
Have fun everyone.
That is exactly what I do for youngest DD - also helps with not over packing. Can't convince DH in this strategy who still insists on taking far too much and then only wearing 1 pair of shorts

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #979
clairedy6
Mouseketeer

We're leaving in five days!! I think I heard this somewhere but can anyone confirm that Disney offers a free shuttle from the port to the old town of Dubrovnik? Is it also offered on the way back?

Our Magical Mediterranean Cruise Pre-Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135693
clairedy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #980
Flora Fan
Can't wait for my next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Okay, I have slowly started to adjust my sleep clock over the past week and a half. I am now getting up at ~3:30 a.m. our time - 9:30 a.m. Barcelona/Med time. It was neat last night as DW and DD went to bed early too. They got up around 4:30a.m. and 5:00 a.m.

DS can't join in yet as he is working evenings at his job. We warned him he is off as of Saturday. So, Friday night/Sat morning he is getting a crash course.

We're hoping to stave off a little of the jet lag problem.

How is everyone else doing? Not long now.
We fly on Saturday. We've traveled a good deal (military family). We usually take a night flight over and sleep as best we can. When we arrive it's morning in Europe, so we stay up as long as possible. Collapse and then we are on European time the next morning.

I'm afraid the hard part is coming home. It takes a week to get sorted out. We've never found a good secret to coming back home.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #981
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairedy6 View Post
We're leaving in five days!! I think I heard this somewhere but can anyone confirm that Disney offers a free shuttle from the port to the old town of Dubrovnik? Is it also offered on the way back?
I read that on the 2013 Med thread. I guess it will be available back to the ship based upon our experience in Stockholm 3 years ago

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #982
clairedy6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
I read that on the 2013 Med thread. I guess it will be available back to the ship based upon our experience in Stockholm 3 years ago

Celestine
Okay great thank you!!

Our Magical Mediterranean Cruise Pre-Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135693
Old 07-19-2013, 05:22 AM   #983
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Just a quick note tk all those travelling this weekend. Hope you all have a safe journey and we will see you on the Magic on Thursday.:woohoo
Old 07-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #984
pixie3
Mouseketeer
My nick name in high school was Boof!!!
I'm sure this isn't gonna go over well, but I'd like a banana clip

FE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Thank you to JKK who pointed out that my own room number was wrong. I am in 6606.

I am not leaving until Tuesday. I will keep updating on here until then. All cabin changes and a list of disboard names w/room numbers (not names,etc.) will be posted on my cabin door at 6606!!! I will also have extra copies of the entire list, which you can request by dialing my room and I will deliver it to yours. If your room changes please write the new information on my door. If you are delivering FE and can not find someone, chances are their room has changed and their new information will be on my door.

Also, in case you missed it, NewFamilyMan's room changed to 2148.

Safe travels everyone!!!
12/01 NYE Cruise Magic, 3/04 Magic, 8/05 Magic, 3/06 Magic, 5/07 1st Transatlantic Magic, 5/08 Panama Canal Magic, 3/9 Magic, 11/09 Wonder, 6/10 1st Baltic Sea Magic, 1/11 Maiden Voyage Dream, 6/11 Alaska, 7/12 Fantasy, 7/13 Magic Europe w/Venice, 7/14 Magic Greece w/Santorini, 6/15 Norwegian Fjords
pixie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #985
Babyhare
Earning My Ears

Smile Boarding passes printed....

Headed out tomorrow 3:30 pm PST en route to London. See you all on the Magic.

Disney Magic - 2006 / Western Carribean
Disney Magic - 2008 / Pacific Riviera
Super excited about our Disney European Vacation!!!
Babyhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #986
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Translator pro app

Ted just found this app. You speak English to your iPhone and it will speak the phrase in Italain, French, Spanish, etc. French is free. Each additional language is .99 cents. Also, if someone speaks Italian, French, etc. to you, it will repeat it back in English.
Kellycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #987
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellycanada View Post
Ted just found this app. You speak English to your iPhone and it will speak the phrase in Italain, French, Spanish, etc. French is free. Each additional language is .99 cents. Also, if someone speaks Italian, French, etc. to you, it will repeat it back in English.
Je vous remercie!
mikeandmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #988
clairedy6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What's it called?

Edit: oops, nevermind just saw the title of your post

Old 07-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #989
clairedy6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyhare View Post
Headed out tomorrow 3:30 pm PST en route to London. See you all on the Magic.
Safe travels!!

Old 07-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #990
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Kelly,
Do you know if their is an app like this that doesn't require an Internet connection? I don't have an iPhone ( have a Blackberry - I know, I know...) but we do have an iPod touch, which only has wifi capabilities where available. Thanks!
Kim

Polynesian 2014; Coronado Springs 2013; Coronado Springs 2012; Boardwalk Inn 2005; Yacht Club 2003; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2002; Polynesian 2001; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort 2000; Wilderness Lodge 1996; Dixie Landings 1993; Off-site 1991; Off-site 1988

Magic in the Med 2013
MeeskaMooska13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: