Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #901
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

BTW, yesterday I received an anthology of the Familia Sagrada from this friend membership. It is in Spanish and English. 27 pages of history and current information. I haven't finished reading it yet. On my to do list for tonight.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #902
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Never been to Barcelona before. I intend to use the HOHO. Trying to figure out which one. From my research there are two different companies???

Anyway, I was about to order the tickets on line when I read that the online reciept has to be cashed in at a specific location. So, I'm going to wait to get there and purchase the tickets then. Unless, of course, one of you more experienced travelors has a better solution. I'm bus aversive, so, I'm a little skiddish on the busses in the first place. From what I have researched, it is the best option for what we want to do and may open up other options for things we didn't even know we wanted to see until we drive past them. (Park Guell, for instance, is one of those, if we run into it, great)
Figment, our hoho vouchers say that we pick up our tickets on the bus (a reviewer on Trip Advisor also reports that). It's Barcelona Bus Turistic. Where did you read that? Thanks!

Polynesian 2014; Coronado Springs 2013; Coronado Springs 2012; Boardwalk Inn 2005; Yacht Club 2003; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2002; Polynesian 2001; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort 2000; Wilderness Lodge 1996; Dixie Landings 1993; Off-site 1991; Off-site 1988

Magic in the Med 2013
MeeskaMooska13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #903
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Hey Meeska, I read it on one of the other planning threads. But then, that is why I brought it up here. Thanks for the update and correction of erroneous information.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #904
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

It looks like Dubrovnik is now officially part of the EU, does this mean they will also accept Euros?
mikeandmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #905
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandmela View Post
It looks like Dubrovnik is now officially part of the EU, does this mean they will also accept Euros?
No - they are retaining their own currency. Some places may accept Euros but your best bet is kuna either in advance or exchanged on the ship

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #906
Celestine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMooska13 View Post
Figment, our hoho vouchers say that we pick up our tickets on the bus (a reviewer on Trip Advisor also reports that). It's Barcelona Bus Turistic. Where did you read that? Thanks!
We also pick up our tickets on the bus and we've opted for the other HoHo company. I think the walk to Park Guell from the HoHo stop (whichever you use) is a distance but I'm hoping clearly signposted!

Celestine

12 night Baltic July 2015
7 night repo Dover - Barcelona August 2015

DVC Member since November 2007
Previous: 6 x Disney cruise inc EB PC repo'08, Baltics '10 & Venice Med '13
DL - 2008 & 2012
WDW - lucky enough to be losing count!
Celestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #907
kazerneke
Earning My Ears

3 weeks to go....
it's time to finish some things

Fish Extender - Done

Fish Extender Gifs - Done
Sorry , my camera didn't want to make a picture of it

Book to collect signatures - Done

Old 07-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #908
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

Are we now able to post photos?

Cool!
This was a class I was in this week, in addition to watching the grounds crew working right outside the classroom there were at regularly random intervals joggers, hikers, bikers and roller skaters passing by.
I'll try to post a pic of Mela and myself later since we don't Facebook.

Last edited by mikeandmela; 07-03-2013 at 05:20 PM.
mikeandmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #909
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Fe

My 10 yr old DD has been busy making our fe. She was putting the finishing touches on it with fabric paint yesterday, and when her dad came home from golf he dropped his keys and wallet on the table and didn't see the fe. Of course it was DD's name that was smeared. After a few tears we found a way to fix it. It's not a work of art, but we will be proudly using it! (Her dad is in the dog house!). See you soon. Kelly.
Kellycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #910
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Okay, gotta find you all so I have somebody to follow around Barcelona.

And, had a bad dream last nighT about getting mugged in Venice on a walk back to the ship after the ghost walking tour. Keep telling myself - it was just a dream, it was just a dream! But if there is a boat or. Water taxi of any kind, I'm taking it!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #911
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Kelly, let him out of the dog house.it's fixed and a memory. I look forward to seeing it.

By king of the castle- (give me my fantasy please) my daughter agreed with my proclamation that vacation started today. We will make this last a month. I have 12 more work data until we leave.

Good luck to all!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #912
disneycrazy2004
too far away from Disney....

For any of you that purchased the friend's pass for Familia Sagrada, did you get a receipt by email. I purchased it today and never got a receipt by email. I did print receipt as soon as i paid by nothing by email. Just wondering .... hope they got all my info ok?
Disney World-first trip-off site 2004 All Star Music-September,2007 Disney Magic-March,2008 All Star Sports-September,2008 Pop Century-August,2009 All Star Movies-December,2009 Pop Century-August,2010 All Star Music-August,2011 Caribbean Beach Resort-August,2011 Disney Magic-March,2012 Port Orleans-Riverside-August,2012 Disney Magic-Summer2013-B2B Med Cruise DVC Saratoga Springs Resort-May,2014 Old Key West-August,2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge-August,2014
disneycrazy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #913
SCFamily4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnurick View Post
Hello all. We are flying from ATL on 7/22 and staying two nights at the Hilton Diagonal Mar before departing on the cruise. Our thoughts were this would give our 6 and 9 year old time to adjust. We are going to stay one night the day we get back due to the time of the flight back to ATL. Is anyone else staying at this hotel and if so have any tips?
We are also flying in from ATL on Delta on 7/22. We will be staying 2 nights at the Renaissance Barcelona (downtown). We booked on our own (using Marriott Points) - not thru Disney. We are returning to ATL on 8/6, so we hope to get our fill of Barcelona pre cruise!

This is our first trip to Barcelona, so I am looking for tips, too! Especially for restaurant recommendations. We have one child with a food allergy (nuts and peanuts), so the food issue is always a concern for us.

We look forward to hopefully meeting you in Atlanta for our flight! Only 18 days ...
Old 07-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #914
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMooska13 View Post
From memory Barcelona Bus Turistic is the same company as the red tourist buses in all other cities around the world (but in Barcelona they're not red!!) I think there is another tour company but they both do pretty much the same routes and the prices are pretty similar. You can also buy tickets from the driver or guide on board, no matter what stop you get on.
The stop for Parc Guell drops you on a main road where you then need to walk uphill on a side street for 5 to 10 mins to reach the Parc. It's a nice bit of crazy, calm to walk around for a while...... Then it's downhill back to the bus stop. Both tour companies use the same stop up there.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #915
SCFamily4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSwans View Post
Hi everyone, this has probably been answered a dozen times before but I'm going to ask again... About guys and formal night... I'm travelling with my parents who are avid cruisers and they are seriously disappointed that my DH doesn't want to wear a tux. They were hoping to go for the all out evening wear look but my DH thinks he'll look out of place if he wears a tux. Also it's just a bit formal for his taste - he's generally more comfortable on holiday in shorts and t shirt and doesn't even like the idea of changing for dinner! So my basic question is... Are any of you guys out there - or guys accompanying you ladies - going to wear tuxes? My DH was just going to wear a shirt and tie and smart trousers - is that more what people are planning on wearing? I'm wearing a short cocktail type dress and I guess that's probably ok. Also do guys need a jacket for formal night or is the shirt and tie ok? Sorry if this has been asked a million times!
We are planning to rent a tux for my son (age 14). He is in a growth spurt, and to be honest I think it would be better to rent a tux than to spend $$ on a new suit that won't fit in a month. Like others have suggested, we will use the slacks & shoes for the semi formal night as well so that we don't have to pack as much. My husband owns a tux, and wears it so infrequently -- he is actually excited to have the opportunity to wear it on the cruise! I have to thank you all for bringing this up - it made me realize that we needed to get moving on renting the tux, and getting DH's tux to the cleaners!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: