Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #871
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
I think my Italian language program leaped waaaay ahead of me last night. I worked on it for an hour, and I understood very little. I'm still trying. I can say hello and how much does that cost. Haven't got to the "where's the bathroom?" yet.
Dove, il bano?

I'm at an advantage. One of my students, her mother is from north eastern Italy, so I've been able to practice on her. The other day she taught me how to describe a very good looking man. "Caldo, caldo' something something and a glass 'del vino". If only I could remember everything she says.

I tell ya, the ear worms audio books on ITunes are amazing. They've gotten me through Spain and Portugal... and I'm hoping Italy!

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #872
Doingitagain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellycanada View Post
Hi. I just bought a 1 year family pass for 38 euros to Sagrada Família. With this pass you don't have to stand in line and you can go any time you want. You also get 50% off tours or audio headsets. You can also go up the towers. It's good for 2 adults and 2 children under 18. It was a better deal for us then buying a 1 day pass and you are not committed to a specific time slot. I bought it online at the official web page.
We live in the US and only have a few weeks before we get to Barcelona. How would we get the family pass on time?
Aulani 3/2013
Saratoga 6/2006, 10/2008, 7/2009, 12/2009, 12/2014
AK Jambo 3/2012, 7/2014
Boardwalk 12/2014
Royal Garden London 7/2007, 7/2010
Mandarin Oriental Wash DC 4/2007
Grand Calif 7/2005
Doingitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #873
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doingitagain View Post
We live in the US and only have a few weeks before we get to Barcelona. How would we get the family pass on time?
Hi. I just printed them at home. When you buy them online they send you the ticket receipt immediately. You then bring that to a special entrance and they will give you your permanent tickets. You also get 2 free guest day passes. At that time you can also book your tower time if you want to.
Kellycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #874
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

I got mine yesterday. I printed the reciept and it states to use that until you receive the tickets. I'm not sure whether they mail them to you or not. Another poster on another thread indicated they recieved their tickets in the mail.

I printed extra copies of the receipt.

And, thanks for the bathroom directions. directiones?
Old 06-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #875
SoThisIsLove
Mouseketeer

Hi,

We are in the process of planning our time in Barcelona too and are going to visit Sagrada Familia.....I like the idea of the family pass since you do not need to schedule a time....but I can't find where you purchase the pass online...I found info about it under friends of the church, but I don't see a link where you can purchase it...
SoThisIsLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #876
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

It took me a bit to figure it out. Click on friends, then click on become a friend and just before their description is light blue printing- click on that and the order form should pop up. Kelly.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #877
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
Hi,

We are in the process of planning our time in Barcelona too and are going to visit Sagrada Familia.....I like the idea of the family pass since you do not need to schedule a time....but I can't find where you purchase the pass online...I found info about it under friends of the church, but I don't see a link where you can purchase it...

It took me a bit to figure it out. Click on friends, then click on become a friend and just before their description is light blue printing- click on that and the order form should pop up. Kelly.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #878
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

As to becoming a friend with Sagrada Familia, the charge finally hit my account today. With conversion, and the 3% transfer charge, the total was $49. Still not bad. And, if it works, we can just walk in with our passes or check in with the receipt and go in anytime.

We land in Barcelona at 8:30 a.m., but no telling when we will get to the hotel.

Now, any thought on the busses? I believe I can order the tickets for those and use the receipt with the office when I get there?
Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #879
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

So bummed I didn't see this option when I bought our tickets! Oh well!

Head's up: Someone on the Facebook page said that a current DCL Med cruiser has reported that they were required to show their passport when disembarking at the Rome port.

Polynesian 2014; Coronado Springs 2013; Coronado Springs 2012; Boardwalk Inn 2005; Yacht Club 2003; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2002; Polynesian 2001; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort 2000; Wilderness Lodge 1996; Dixie Landings 1993; Off-site 1991; Off-site 1988

Magic in the Med 2013
MeeskaMooska13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #880
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

I'm probably going to carry my passport with me at all times anyway. I'll have copies in the hotel room. And, thanks to another poster, I'll have DW take pictures of all of our passports on her iphone.

I do not intend to carry a wallet. I'm just going to carry the passport, a couple of cards and my driver's license. Also, some cash. Nothing in my back pockets just in my front pockets. One side will be covered by my side pouch/fanny pack.

I noted on another thread that I may not look like I'm in fashion, but it's functional. As far as looking like a tourist, I look lost wherever I'm at.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #881
Pavilion 2000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellycanada View Post
Kelly, how did you respond to the following 2 questions/fields on the form: 'Pais' and 'Dni/Nif/Pass'? I think Pais is asking for country but I don't see USA listed. And I don't know what info they need for Dni/Nif/Pass... Thanks, Yee
Pavilion 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #882
Kellycanada
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavilion 2000 View Post
Kelly, how did you respond to the following 2 questions/fields on the form: 'Pais' and 'Dni/Nif/Pass'? I think Pais is asking for country but I don't see USA listed. And I don't know what info they need for Dni/Nif/Pass... Thanks, Yee
Hi. I think Estats Units might be Spanish for United States and the other field is asking for your passport number. I had 2 iPads open when I did it so I could translate on one iPad and enter info on the other! I had to do that when I was booking some tours in Italy as well. I hope that is correct!! We are carrying our iPhone with us when we travel so that if we have any language barriers, we can use a translator app to help us out. I have food allergies, so I need to check out ingredients. Have fun planning. Kelly.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #883
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

I just skipped the din/nif area. It still went through. I can't remember what I did for the pais, but I know I didn't put in my passport number.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #884
lasdisney
Earning My Ears

Very late to the party here but we are joining this cruise as well. It's the first time to Europe for the boys and I (DH has been to London on business). DH, I swear, is a blood relative of Walt's somewhere down the line as he only likes to vacation in WDW or on DCL. Everything else is too boring. I finally convinced him that it was our parental responsibility to expose our kids to other places but only because the Magic was going to be in the Med.
Planning on 2014 but when the itineraries were released in Feb, we couldn't do Venice as boys still in school so it had to be this year. Moved a dummy booking two weeks before we sailed the Fantasy in March for my parents 50th anniversary and tagged on a family bus tour for London/Paris ahead of the cruise. Regret the bus tour booking (never been on one, limited to one suitcase and not our big suitcases ) but excited to visit London and Paris.

I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all the DIS'ers who have posted info on anything to do with London/Paris/Barcelona/Med Cruise past or present. You have literally kept my head from exploding! Two weeks after we returned from our Fantasy cruise, I fell and injured my left hip and right shoulder from trying to break my fall. This prompted my rheumatoid arthritis to roar back to life after a 7 years of remission so I have only been able to stand or lay flat in my bed using my non dominant left arm since the middle of March. Many, many drugs are allowing me to somewhat function and on wise DISboard advice, I have booked private car tours wherever possible. I wouldn't have been able to plan out/book tickets to avoid queues if it weren't for the invaluable advice that I have been able to gather here. I am hopeful that our family trip of a lifetime will be memorable for my kids. I may have to miss a few days to rest but they will still have a great time

My boys are so excited and are really looking forward to meeting kids from around the world so they have been yakking at me to post something. So here we are .... the Skipper family - Jim, Lee Anne, Alex and Ben. A&B are fraternal twins - night and day different (looks and personalities). This will be our 5th Disney cruise - 2004 4N Bahamas Wonder, 2008 7N Western Magic for our 20th, 2012 5N Bahamas Dream, 2013 7N Eastern Fantasy and soon to be 12N Med Magic for our 25th anniversary! Thank you

Is there a DIS Meet on this cruise? I'm sorry...I have read soooo many threads, books and websites that my head is whirling. I think this is the place to ask

We can't wait to meet you!

DH, Me, DS (14), DS (14)
lasdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #885
bnurick
Earning My Ears

Agenda

Hello all. We are flying from ATL on 7/22 and staying two nights at the Hilton Diagonal Mar before departing on the cruise. Our thoughts were this would give our 6 and 9 year old time to adjust. We are going to stay one night the day we get back due to the time of the flight back to ATL. Is anyone else staying at this hotel and if so have any tips?
bnurick is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: