Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #841
Babyhare
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFamily4 View Post
We are on second seating as well. We normally eat early, but certainly want to maximize our port experiences!

Our son (age 14) also has life threatening food allergies (peanuts and tree nuts). One of the big reasons we have stayed with DCL is his (and our) comfort level with the allergy. We always have to be on our toes, but this helps a lot! Perhaps we should get our sons together -- we live in a pretty small town and there aren't a lot of folks with severe food allergies around here. Always nice to meet others who have similar challenges and chat about how to cope!
Hey! Family of 4 and a son with food allergies. Sounds familiar. We should definitely connect. If you're game for sharing a table, we may be able to request it. Let me know.

Disney Magic - 2006 / Western Carribean
Disney Magic - 2008 / Pacific Riviera
Super excited about our Disney European Vacation!!!
Babyhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #842
Babyhare
Earning My Ears

FE gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarieG View Post
I can't believe I have missed the deadline for the FE gifts :-(
That's what happens when you take your eye off the ball

I'd better not tell the kids about FE, or I'll never hear the end of it!!

Looking forward to the cruise. I need a holiday
Hi LisaMarie,

Post your cabin. You might have some special drop offs. ;-)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #843
Flora Fan
Can't wait for my next trip!

Quote:
We are on second seating as well. We normally eat early, but certainly want to maximize our port experiences!

Our son (age 14) also has life threatening food allergies (peanuts and tree nuts). One of the big reasons we have stayed with DCL is his (and our) comfort level with the allergy. We always have to be on our toes, but this helps a lot! Perhaps we should get our sons together -- we live in a pretty small town and there aren't a lot of folks with severe food allergies around here. Always nice to meet others who have similar challenges and chat about how to cope!
I don't have life threatening allergies, but am lactose intolerant. On my last cruise at the end of my meal the servers would provide me the menu for the next evening so I could choose a meal. The chef would prepare it special (if necessary) or if it could not be altered they would let me know. Disney went out of the way to ensure my dining experience was awesome. I'm sure your sons will find it to be wonderful as well. (Also, the others at my table loved having a preview of the menus)
Old 06-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #844
LisaMarieG
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyhare View Post
Hi LisaMarie,

Post your cabin. You might have some special drop offs. ;-)
We're in interconnecting cabins 6516 & 6518 (we haven't yet decided which room the kids will have). Thank you

I think I will bring a few gifts so the kids can bring some 'magic' to others too. Perhaps I'll let them choose their favourite door decorations to do the drop off.

We'll just have to book another Disney cruise so I can be more organised next time!
LisaMarieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #845
Babyhare
Earning My Ears

FE magnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewarts View Post
Please let us know your cabin no and we'll send a Scottish magnet round.
Hi Bunless - What is cabin # for magnet drop offs?

Disegard. Saw in previous response.

Last edited by Babyhare; 06-17-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Found response in earlier thread.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:06 AM   #846
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Just got super excited...

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #847
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

Received our luggage tags last week yay! Excitement has grown only 32 more days till we leave!
Melissa
tinkerbell_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #848
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Bunless - you "just" got super excited???

Okay, I'm with you. I pull up this thread about once a day during the week. I generally don't on the weekends. I pull up the facebook almost every night. I don't generally post on the facebook as that is under my wife's name.

I'm realizing how little prepared I am for this. I would like to lose 10 more pounds - with the understanding that I will probably gain 15 on the cruise. I haven't tounched Rosetta Stone Italian in 5 weeks. I haven't done enough research on our destinations, etc., etc...

Saturday's graduation party will soon be over, then NOTHING BUT TRIP PREP (oh, and work).
Old 06-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #849
honeybear66
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I have life threatening food allergies too but im allergic to fruit not nuts and I found DCL handled it really well when we were on our cruise last year. My DD may also have the same allergies (waiting for her to be tested) and the kids club were great with her.
honeybear66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #850
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Bunless - you "just" got super excited???
The excited was more my referencing the kindness of strangers wiling to get me a magnet despite the fact that we won't be doing a FE this time.

HOWEVER! I can't allow myself to be truly excited until my end of work year next weekend (I run a ballet school, it's our recital). After that, full excitement ahead!

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #851
mikeandmela
Earning My Ears

Well fellow travelers, our plans are set! Leave DFW late evening of the twenty-second Texas time on British Airways, arrive London Heathrow mid morning London time, only a two hour layover and fly from there to Barcelona, arriving late afternoon of the twenty-third their time. Then we stay at hotel Monte Carlo for for two nights before we all get together on the Magic. Then we get to meet and hang out with all of you for twelve nights! After the cruise we stay one night in a hotel at the airport because we fly British Airways again (this flight leaves at insane o'clock in the morning) to Heathrow for again only a two hour layover before flying back to DFW. My biggest regret on this schedule is not being able to spend any time in London, one of the worlds premiere cities. I don't think we even have time to leave the terminal. According to Mela, to get more time in London we would have had to pay much more or use American Airlines on parts of the trip, which we wanted to avoid because they have ornery management and an intransigent union and one never knows when they're fixin (Texas word) to strike and leave people stranded. Enough for now, everyone travel safe and looking forward to meeting you!
mikeandmela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #852
alt
Earning My Ears

Hi again
well because this is our first time in these parts of Europe. Are there any tip from experienced travellers ( ie pickpockets , paying for restroom tipping or any cautions or tips of what or what not to do or see. any supplies one should take or other comments. I can't believe the days are getting close to the trip anyways see you there.
alt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #853
Flora Fan
Can't wait for my next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt View Post
Hi again
well because this is our first time in these parts of Europe. Are there any tip from experienced travellers ( ie pickpockets , paying for restroom tipping or any cautions or tips of what or what not to do or see. any supplies one should take or other comments. I can't believe the days are getting close to the trip anyways see you there.
I read on allearsnet that bathrooms are hard to find and tours leave little time for stopping to go. She HIGHLY suggests not drinking much before going on excursions. Bathrooms in restaurants are meant for customers only. You will find a basket outside the door. It is expected that patrons will leave some coins before using the bathroom.

I know pick-pockets are prevalent in Rome. I'm not sure about elsewhere. We have pouches that go around our neck and tuck under the shirt. We put passports and wallet stuff in here. (I understand that carrying a copy of your passport is completely acceptable in Italy...have not confirmed this though)
Old 06-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #854
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Does anybody remember if the washers on the Magic are high efficiency?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #855
jgura
Discruiser

Washers

I think technically they are high efficiency. I know they all run hot and the dryers never dry everything efficiently. We have used both liquid and powder detergent that we bring from home.
jgura is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: