Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #826
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaker View Post
Hi there,

For those of you participating in the FE, can I pick your brains please? I haven't been part of an FE group of 25 before ( although I understand this is small to what some are used too !) In the past I've delivered two or three seperate gifts to all of my allocated staterooms which amongst other things contained a handpainted acrylic canvas of Mickey, a shopper/beach bag with the Great British flag on it and a selection of british sweets and chocolate/candy bars. Now obviously this won't be possible with so many rooms partly due to luggage restrictions and partly due to the cost! What does everyone have in mind - one delivery per room? I'm struggling now to think what to include without breaking the bank and without, with respect, giving items which are of little or no use! HELP!

Thanks everyone
Hi
We haven't done FE before but after looking at too many posts we're doing one small gift per cabin + a wee "minding" for the kids which we've made. Been crafting for the past few weeks to try to keep costs down. We're going to buy "funsize" chocolate for the kids too (shhh, don't tell them!!!).
Hope that helps
F
Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #827
thestewarts
Seasoned WDW Vets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkk View Post
Thanks!!!
We just signed up for 12 ... the earliest available when I got online! I know E will want to meet up with the girls as soon as possible! I will tell her to come up with a plan to recognize each other!!!

We will just save our Barcelona sightseeing for the day we arrive back to Barcelona!

Anyone else planning on sightseeing in Barcelona on the 6th?
I'm afraid we will be heading straight for the airport on arrival back in Barcelona.
When we arrived back after the last cruise we had been up so early and had breakfast that morning, we were all sleeping on our feet. We were off the ship and arrived at our hotel in a taxi by 9am where they had already agreed to hold our luggage in storage despite our room not being available until later. We walked around the corner and were on the ho-ho tourist bus in Placa de Catalunya by 9.30 am! Closely followed by us taking turns to fall asleep on the bus on the tour of Barcelona!!! Take a comfy pillow on board!!
F
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #828
camm0719
Earning My Ears

Is there anyone doing the Adventures by Disney on this cruise? I will be on this cruise with my husband Pete and 12 year old son.
camm0719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #829
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camm0719 View Post
Is there anyone doing the Adventures by Disney on this cruise? I will be on this cruise with my husband Pete and 12 year old son.
Wanted to but it was sold out
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #830
camm0719
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_rules

Wanted to but it was sold out
We booked the ABD package on our last cruise August 2012. There were only 2spots left at the time. I only got the 3rd spot after we came home from the cruise after someone canceled. They only take 40 people on each trip.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #831
LisaMarieG
Earning My Ears

Oh no!

I can't believe I have missed the deadline for the FE gifts :-(
That's what happens when you take your eye off the ball

I'd better not tell the kids about FE, or I'll never hear the end of it!!

Looking forward to the cruise. I need a holiday
LisaMarieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #832
camm0719
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarieG

I am new to this. What is the FE gifts?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #833
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Meeska, we are booked through Disney and could not pick a time either. So, yes, we are at the mouse's mercy. There are worse places to be.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #834
MeeskaMooska13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Meeska, we are booked through Disney and could not pick a time either. So, yes, we are at the mouse's mercy. There are worse places to be.
Thanks Figment! Glad to hear that it's normal operating procedure! As a first timer, I'm never sure.

Got my cruise documents today! Can't believe it's so close!

Polynesian 2014; Coronado Springs 2013; Coronado Springs 2012; Boardwalk Inn 2005; Yacht Club 2003; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2002; Polynesian 2001; Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort 2000; Wilderness Lodge 1996; Dixie Landings 1993; Off-site 1991; Off-site 1988

Magic in the Med 2013
MeeskaMooska13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #835
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

4th cruise for me and DS, 5th for DW and DD. It still seems like there is something new. Our first cruises didn't have an option to pick a time, you were assigned when you got to the port.

I just can't wait to leave work on the 22nd. Our flight leaves the next day at noon, but my brain will automatically switch to vacation mode the second I get in my car to leave work and head home.

DD was assigned the task of making new door magnets. Some of ours are faded. She is getting very excited. I can't to see what she does. I know there will be one of Figment for me, and Donald for my DS. I'm wondering what others she'll have.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #836
SCFamily4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We are doing the ABD add on for this cruise!! We are a family of 4: myself, husband Paul and kids (son, age 14 and daughter 10). We are so excited! Of course, I haven't received anything (except for the bill!) for the ABD portion so far. We did a land ABD in 2008 and LOVED it! We have high expectations for the cruise.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #837
SCFamily4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyhare View Post
I think we're going to have to change to second seating. I'm hoping Disney honors the request. My son has life threatening food allergies so it will be critical that we are able to have as many meals as possible on ship rather on the excursions.

Thanks for letting me share.
We are on second seating as well. We normally eat early, but certainly want to maximize our port experiences!

Our son (age 14) also has life threatening food allergies (peanuts and tree nuts). One of the big reasons we have stayed with DCL is his (and our) comfort level with the allergy. We always have to be on our toes, but this helps a lot! Perhaps we should get our sons together -- we live in a pretty small town and there aren't a lot of folks with severe food allergies around here. Always nice to meet others who have similar challenges and chat about how to cope!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #838
jgura
Discruiser

Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarieG View Post

Hi Lisa, Check yours and DH personal email about Naples. We would love to bring your little ones a FE surprise!
jgura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #839
pixie3
Mouseketeer
My nick name in high school was Boof!!!
I'm sure this isn't gonna go over well, but I'd like a banana clip

Finally finalized things today. Staying at the Royal Ramblas for one night before the cruise. Staying at the Hotel Colon for three nights after the cruise.

Quote:
I am new to this. What is the FE gifts?
See Post 363. Unfortunately it is closed for this cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewarts View Post
Hi there
For ticket bookings in Italy go to www.tickitaly.com
It's definitely advisable to book tickets in advance. When we arrived at the Coliseum we must've passed at least a 3 hr queue to go to the front with our per booked tickets! Felt like royalty!!
Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment_Fan View Post
Alright, nice to have a bunch of us on the same flight!
I almost chose this flight. In the end, I decided the connections from Pittsburgh/Atlanta were too tight. Unfortunately, I have to fly through Philadelphia's airport (which I am not a fan of).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
We've opted for earlyish (11am). My understanding the port is not Disneyfied in the same way as Port Canaveral, but my theory is by the time we've done the necessary paperwork and got kids club pagers it will be about time to board and we can then grab a bite and the girls can hit the pool. We have to be out of our room by 11 & don't want to wander around with our luggage more than necessary!

Celestine
We are probably hitting the terminal at the same time. I would rather be there on the early side and get things taken care of. The port is NOT Disneyfied or as organized, but it works. I don't remember them having a nice waiting area, but then again I was there on the first cruise. Maybe its better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunless View Post
if anyone is making magnets for the group, I would be very interested in getting one.
If I do a magnet, I will stick one on your door.
12/01 NYE Cruise Magic, 3/04 Magic, 8/05 Magic, 3/06 Magic, 5/07 1st Transatlantic Magic, 5/08 Panama Canal Magic, 3/9 Magic, 11/09 Wonder, 6/10 1st Baltic Sea Magic, 1/11 Maiden Voyage Dream, 6/11 Alaska, 7/12 Fantasy, 7/13 Magic Europe w/Venice, 7/14 Magic Greece w/Santorini, 6/15 Norwegian Fjords
pixie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #840
K8T
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarieG View Post

e

Hi Lisa

I am quite happy to bring a few things too if you want to get a little bag or something to hang outside.

Actually, the first time we went, I didn't take part but brought a few things with me without C knowing they were from us!!!!

I have also emailed you and Mike about the yacht Charter in Malta, can you check and let me know.

Not long now - I need a holiday too!
[SIZE="1"][I]1996 P&O Canberra - 1998 NCL Norweigan Dream - 1999 Celebrity Century - 2000 RCCL Grandeur of The Seas - 2001 P&O Oriana - 2002 P&O Arcadia - 2003 P&O Aurora - 2003 P&O Oceana (& Adonia) launch weekend - 2006 P&O Oceana - 2006 Celebrity Galaxy - 2007 P&O Oriana - 2008 Disney Wonder (Jan) - 2008 P&O Ventura (May) - 2009 P&O Aurora - 2009 P&O Oceana - June 2010 Disney Magic Med. - August 2010 Disney Magic Med. - July 2011 Disney Magic Med. - July 2012 DLP NBay - Oct 2012 WDW BC - July 2013 Disney Magic - July 2014 Venice to Rome booked
K8T is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: